Amazon - Turtle Beach COD: Black Ops II X-Ray Headset = $99.99 (MSRP = $199.99)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
LINK

I know very little about headsets. It is my understanding that most COD headsets are rebranded but I don't know where these stack up.

However $99.99 seems like a good price for wireless headsets that originally retailed for $199.99 and get fairly good reviews.

Specs:

Dolby Surround Sound; 2.4/5GHZ Dual-Band Wi-Fi; Adjustable Surround Sound Angles
Dual-Pairing Bluetooth
Rechargeable Battery
Variable Microphone Monitor
Ear Guard with Blast Limiter

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Wasnt this the one people were flocking to buy from bestbuy for $130 the other day? lol[/QUOTE]

Nope. Those were the Tangos that were originally 299.99.

Anyone who is wondering these are the xp400 just rebranded but you do not get the wireless dongle for xbox 360 controllers.

[quote name='atc250es']Anyone who is wondering these are the xp400 just rebranded but you do not get the wireless dongle for xbox 360 controllers.[/QUOTE]

Which is available seperately from TB website for around $30 I believe.

I currently have the Sony pulse elite headsets which I'm not happy with comfort wise. Anyone have an opinion on how the X-rays compare sound quality and comfort-wise?

[quote name='ColFantastic']Are these compatible with PC as well? I've read conflicting reports.[/QUOTE]

They might be (via Bluetooth). I ordered them last night and if they do work with my PC via Bluetooth I'll just consider that a bonus.

[quote name='TheLounge']Just in case you can find this in your area...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+...55&skuId=6461131&st=black ops tango&cp=1&lp=1

I picked one up on Sunday for $68 after reward certs from polls. The girl had to change the price too and when looking at the receipt I think she put in 120 instead of 130.

Anyways, I love them and I think it would be worth the $30 increase?[/QUOTE]

Remember that BB only says in stock if there is 3+, but you're basically looking at a 0% chance.

[quote name='admiralvic']Remember that BB only says in stock if there is 3+, but you're basically looking at a 0% chance.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how true that is?

I got the last one from the one I went to? It said it was in stock online though and now no longer does.

06092 = where I bought from. Had to drive 40 mins to get there, but got to have the cheesecake factory + it was my bday =P So good day all around.

I could find none in Texas so started checking other states. Found a BB in AZ that my local BB is having ship one if theirs to the site for me. Awesome customer service but very YMMV.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']There must be a reason why it dropped so low?.. Anyone had this headset b4?. Unless its was just overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Probably because it's not selling / CoD branded. Things like this always drop faster than the standard normal versions. Sadly can't say more than that.

[quote name='TheLounge']I don't know how true that is?

I got the last one from the one I went to? It said it was in stock online though and now no longer does.

06092 = where I bought from. Had to drive 40 mins to get there, but got to have the cheesecake factory + it was my bday =P So good day all around.[/QUOTE]

If it was around 5:45 pm EST, then it might have been a fluke glitch. I read this topic and saw the other person mention the $130 dollar pair, which instantly got me on the BB site. All of my locations were out of stock, but when I turned the page a single location was showing in stock. While waiting around for the conformation that it was in fact there, I decided to look again and every location was showing in stock. I ordered another one at a closer store, but they never got it. I actually had them look it up while I was there and said the system claimed there was only 2 in the state of MI. I called one of the locations (I know I know, but it was a 45 minute drive!) and the lady I talked to claimed I was one of several people to call, so she knew there was no stock. The other location claimed there was one, though no one could find it. In either case, all locations are now showing out of stock, so... it was probably a glitch similar / at the same time as mine.

bread's done
Back