Amazon Up to 30% Off Select Video Games for Easter Ps3/360/Wii/PsP/NDS/PC

Anyone have any thoughts on this game?
(Blue Dragon: Shadow Awakening) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WSR8DU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I was looking for this game at GameStop for the B2G1 free deal but no store has it around me.
I loved the XBOX 360 Blue Dragon and I want to play something similar to that.

[quote name='Mikocouch']What a bunch of doodoo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaseX']LOL. But true.[/QUOTE]

Come on guys...while not the best of deals, Modnation Racers and Toy Story 3 for $20 each aren't that bad a deal. In any case, regardless of what you personally think...it doesn't justify such remarks. It may not work for you, but it may work for others.

Too many "crap-on-deal remarks" as of late.

Thinking about Modnation, but I think I can find it cheaper.

Also Pokemon at 29.99 isn't bad. Not nearly as good as the early deals we all got on it, but still worth it to get both for $60.

Thanks for the post. Picking up Modnation and Ratchet. Trying to decide if I also want LBP1 or just wait for a good sale on 2. Any thoughts from anyone on that?

[quote name='Big Matty Kane']Thinking about Modnation, but I think I can find it cheaper.

Also Pokemon at 29.99 isn't bad. Not nearly as good as the early deals we all got on it, but still worth it to get both for $60.[/QUOTE]

Where can you find a new copy of Modnation for < $20? I've been looking for weeks now...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Where can you find a new copy of Modnation for < $20? I've been looking for weeks now...[/QUOTE]

Ah, well I was referring to waiting on a used one. I really wish Gamefly would throw it back up for their ridiculously cheap price.

[quote name='Captain Andreas']how about goldeneye for DS? It's 9.99, worth it?[/QUOTE]

No. I got one from the GameStop Power Saver sale. You might as well get CoD for DS if you're going to get a FPS.

[quote name='opportunity777']No. I got one from the GameStop Power Saver sale. You might as well get CoD for DS if you're going to get a FPS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Come on guys...while not the best of deals, Modnation Racers and Toy Story 3 for $20 each aren't that bad a deal. In any case, regardless of what you personally think...it doesn't justify such remarks. It may not work for you, but it may work for others.

Too many "crap-on-deal remarks" as of late.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but sometimes a crappy sale is a crappy sale.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Come on guys...while not the best of deals, Modnation Racers and Toy Story 3 for $20 each aren't that bad a deal. In any case, regardless of what you personally think...it doesn't justify such remarks. It may not work for you, but it may work for others.

Too many "crap-on-deal remarks" as of late.[/QUOTE]

If not for these comments, I'd have to waste time searching the deal. If the deal is crap, people should say so. Most of us are intelligent enough to realize a "crap deal" still includes some great kiddy game discounts, so don't assume these comments are as damaging to the thread/conversation as you do... :roll:

[quote name='Magikarp830']If not for these comments, I'd have to waste time searching the deal. If the deal is crap, people should say so. Most of us are intelligent enough to realize a "crap deal" still includes some great kiddy game discounts, so don't assume these comments are as damaging to the thread/conversation as you do... :roll:[/QUOTE]But those comments are opinion. What if a good game was there and people were saying it was crap? How would you know for sure if you don't check yourself?

Also, ModNation Racers and Ratchet and Clank aren't crap.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Been wanting to pick up Toy Story 3 for the PS3 for a while now. Still debating.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly good game, and well worth $20 imo. One of only two games I've platinum'd. :)

The LBP GOTY has DLC that carries over to LBP2, right? Are there any other benefits to LBP GOTY beyond that? Is it still a fun game, or is LBP2 pretty much superior in all ways?

[quote name='Cheapskate']The LBP GOTY has DLC that carries over to LBP2, right? Are there any other benefits to LBP GOTY beyond that? Is it still a fun game, or is LBP2 pretty much superior in all ways?[/QUOTE]

I would grab it just to play through the story levels as they are mostly higher quality than anything you will find sifting through user created levels plus you get a ton of stuff.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']A five year old really shouldn't be playing video games anyways.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's how Jack the Ripper got started you know!

Mrs Ripper - "I don't think little Jack should be playing an E +10 rated game."
Mr Ripper " Pfft, stop moaning, whats the worst that can happen ?"

/Scene

crap - not crap

How about "85% crap" sale? I think that should make everybody happy :cool:

PS - I didn't do the math, that's a rounded guess based on PS3 GHs and everything else ;-)

I just looked through all the titles and I don't think it is that bad of a sale. I do agree that a lot of the games are pretty bad, but even some of those are decent for the price. I don't really want a Zhu Zhu game, but if you have a kid, for $10 it seems like a good deal to me.

I currently have about $80 worth of games that I'm tempted to buy. Averages the price down to about $16 a game, which seems decent. But, I just really don't need anymore games, but they are all games I have been wanting to get for a while... I'm trying to tell myself that I need to buy them because I have a $0.46 credit that I don't want to forget about :D

Thanks for posting, I would have completely missed this otherwise... but then if I end up buying everything that may have been a good thing!

[quote name='slidecage']zhu zhu with hamster for 10 is nice since the hamsters run around 7 alone[/QUOTE]

zhu zhu pets are deader than silly bands.

Target is selling them this week for $3.50.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']A five year old really shouldn't be playing video games anyways.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have kids - I don't know - but I'm always "amused" when people without kids give out their decrees about how to raise kids, as if they have even the slightest idea of what they are talking about.

I swear, the kinect and move and their often lower quality games are really starting to take over game deals. I don't know how many times these deals or Sunday ads are overrun with these types of games over other titles.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Tempted to pick up Toy Story 3 on PS3, been waiting since release for that to hit a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I will be honest, I haven't finished the game yet, but from what I have played it is really, really good. I went into the game thinking I wouldn't have a fair opinion of it because I'm a big fan of Toy Story. But, after I started playing it I realized it really is a great game.

The main story is pretty short, which is a bummer because it is a lot of fun, but you have the Toy Box mode, which I haven't even got into very much, that really increases the gameplay.

With movie games you always expect to be able to find them really cheap a few months after the movie has been out, but I have yet to see Toy Story 3 for under $20, so I'm just wondering if it will ever drop much lower.

I really think it is a great game and worth the money, it just depends on if you want to wait it out and see if it drops below this price at some point. In my opinion, it is definitely a movie game worth picking up and not skipping.

[quote name='crunchewy']Maybe you have kids - I don't know - but I'm always "amused" when people without kids give out their decrees about how to raise kids, as if they have even the slightest idea of what they are talking about.[/QUOTE]

+1

My kids have been playing on the computer for years, and there are plenty of kid-friendly sites out there. While his school teaches him handwriting and cursive, I've been busy teaching him a skill that he will really use when he's older - typing. And he never knew it when he was younger, he was just playing a game.

[quote name='daminion']+1

My kids have been playing on the computer for years, and there are plenty of kid-friendly sites out there. While his school teaches him handwriting and cursive, I've been busy teaching him a skill that he will really use when he's older - typing. And he never knew it when he was younger, he was just playing a game.[/QUOTE]

I don't think kids in the future will know how to actually write. They'll know how to text and type like they're born with it though.

Have you tried writing lately? Especially if your job doesn't require it. It's so awkward. I barely know how to write in cursive anymore.

bread's done
Back