Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II - Wikified

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
***Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II Hit 1,000,000 Views on March 28th, 2011***

Nintendo 3DS Links:

The first nintendo 3ds consoles have appeared on warehouse deals, so far only cosmo black. The price listed was $186.99 and "Like New". Although they are currently out of stock, you may want to check back frequently.

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Aqua Blue (Check and see if there are used listings with this link)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Post All Links / Deals Via Wiki Edit HERE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition.
Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Links:

Items costing $51 - $9,999 (Usually consoles appear here)

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

Lastchance Deals - Ultra discounted!

Deep Discount Deals

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

LINK -- Just go here and click on system of choice for other systems besides 360 / ps3 / wii

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...well, to buy or not to buy now?

EDIT:

got it for 74 cents after a giftcard, just cancelled my bulletstorm. I'll sell my regular controller and put that towards another one. Thanks dude!

You're talking about the new silver controller right? Honestly, I've had problems with it. I bought one from Newegg for $40 back when they were on sale. The first one I got, the left analog stick squeaked horribly. There was no getting it to shut up ... it felt really stiff as it felt to be pressing against the housing of the controller. I sent it back at my cost of $10 shipping for a replacement.

The new one arrived and worked fine but the charge & play battery would not stay "clicked on." My old charge and play battery would attach to it just fine, but the battery that came with it would not stay attached to the new controller or any of my own controllers. So that one I sent back for RMA at Newegg's cost.

I'm waiting for my 3rd one ... simply for the novelty of a newer controller, it wasn't worth all this trouble; however, it is a pretty nice controller. Just seems like the build and test quality would have been better for such a high dollar item.

And UPS guy just dropped off 12 packages. Lets see what goodies I got today :)

(and what inevitably will need to be returned..)

WOOO Suikoden II...big chunk of the jewel case missing LOL but everything else looks excellent :) :) :)

Don't really give a crap about the case :bouncy:

[quote name='aem']And UPS guy just dropped off 12 packages. Lets see what goodies I got today :)[/QUOTE]
LMAO, these UPS guys must hate us CAGs. My UPS guy basicly drops packages off to me every day

[quote name='fortunado']You're talking about the new silver controller right? Honestly, I've had problems with it. I bought one from Newegg for $40 back when they were on sale. The first one I got, the left analog stick squeaked horribly. There was no getting it to shut up ... it felt really stiff as it felt to be pressing against the housing of the controller. I sent it back at my cost of $10 shipping for a replacement.

The new one arrived and worked fine but the charge & play battery would not stay "clicked on." My old charge and play battery would attach to it just fine, but the battery that came with it would not stay attached to the new controller or any of my own controllers. So that one I sent back for RMA at Newegg's cost.

I'm waiting for my 3rd one ... simply for the novelty of a newer controller, it wasn't worth all this trouble; however, it is a pretty nice controller. Just seems like the build and test quality would have been better for such a high dollar item.[/QUOTE]

I had Microsoft replace mine. The told me to only send in the controller, and they sent me a brand new one. So I have an extra battery pack and play n charge cable now.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I had Microsoft replace mine. The told me to only send in the controller, and they sent me a brand new one. So I have an extra battery pack and play n charge cable now.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I tried going through Microsoft the first time via e-mail support and they said I had to call the 1-800 number. I probably should have done that instead of sending it back to Newegg. If this one is bunk, I'll do that this time. Did you have to pay any return shipping fees to Microsoft?

[quote name='aem']WOOO Suikoden II...big chunk of the jewel case missing LOL but everything else looks excellent :) :) :)

Don't really give a crap about the case :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Bad ass... how much did you find that for?

I'm guessing you're not interested in trading that for anything in my PM :) hehe.

If you change your mind, let me know (one can always hope right?)

[quote name='mr_bungle']hmm...well, to buy or not to buy now?

EDIT:

got it for 74 cents after a giftcard, just cancelled my bulletstorm. I'll sell my regular controller and put that towards another one. Thanks dude![/QUOTE]

It's a nice controller. If it works for you out of the box, you will be very happy with it.

Kinect Sports is really fun. I love the volleyball and the soccer as well as the minigames I've tried so far. I also really enjoyed playing the track and field event with my kids. The games are more fun with two people, but still fun with one. I didn't like the boxing much at all. I felt like it didn't track me well and I was punching but nothing was happening. That's the one exception.

[quote name='fortunado']Ya know, I tried going through Microsoft the first time via e-mail support and they said I had to call the 1-800 number. I probably should have done that instead of sending it back to Newegg. If this one is bunk, I'll do that this time. Did you have to pay any return shipping fees to Microsoft?[/QUOTE]

I called the 1-800 number, I payed to ship it to them. It cost me around $3.50, but like I said I got an extra play n charge kit and those sell for around $15 so it was worth it. They ship it back for free. It took like a week and a half. Shipping it to them and then them shipping a new one back. It goes to Texas so if you live closer (I live in Vegas) then turn around time would be different.

[quote name='FADC into coffee']nice.

how's the disc? refurbed?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Sadly I think they resurface pretty much every disc unless maybe it already looks 100% perfect. But the disc does look really nice and if it is refurb you can barely tell.

Unfortunately I got a Tales of Destiny II today as well and it looked absolutely beautiful...until I looked at the bottom of the discs. In this case they did a crappy job resurfacing it and its very obvious with lines going all the way around each disc.

Given the unused looking condition of everything else the discs were probably in great shape too and some idiot resurfaced them anyway and didn't even do a good job :/

Going to have to test it out just to make sure it works. Just popped in Suikoden II and it seems to work fine.

I posted earlier in the requests forum..does anyone know of any software and/or a machine that will test that discs read 100%? I get too many used games that I can't play them all right away. I've had some trouble with warehouse games before. Just popping them in for a few minutes isn't a good enough test.

One place I bought used games from before had a device that would attempt to read the entire disc and let you know if it was good. I just see some software that tests discs but it won't work for games. Searched for a long time online but couldn't find anything at all.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Use alcohol or any iso ripping software and it should error out if there are any problems. Thats what I do anyway[/QUOTE]

That's what I do too. Much faster than playing through an RPG.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Use alcohol or any iso ripping software and it should error out if there are any problems. Thats what I do anyway[/QUOTE]

Any advice for PS3 games? I install all of my 360 games that I buy used just to make sure, but PS3 doesn't have that option.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Any advice for PS3 games? I install all of my 360 games that I buy used just to make sure, but PS3 doesn't have that option.[/QUOTE]

BDDecrypter seems to be popular I have never used it though

If you have a BD drive on your PC this will work for you. If not, you're gonna have to put your faith into the body armor of the Blu-ray disc which is pretty damn protective

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I called the 1-800 number, I payed to ship it to them. It cost me around $3.50, but like I said I got an extra play n charge kit and those sell for around $15 so it was worth it. They ship it back for free. It took like a week and a half. Shipping it to them and then them shipping a new one back. It goes to Texas so if you live closer (I live in Vegas) then turn around time would be different.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks, I'll remember that if the new one is bunk. But at this point, if it is, Newegg owes me something if I have to return an item 3 times. If nothing more than to reimburse my original shipping costs. I am in Texas by the way so bonus! :bouncy:

Yeah no BD drive on my PC. :( They really should release a program or something that can scan each sector on a disc to ensure its integrity. I'd pay for something like that if it meant never having a used game fail on your halfway through the story while being outside the return period LOL

[quote name='kataztrophik']Any advice for PS3 games? I install all of my 360 games that I buy used just to make sure, but PS3 doesn't have that option.[/QUOTE]

Cool, you found a PS3 disk that's been dropped into a volcano from high orbit, and still managed to retrieve it?

[quote name='aem']Probably. Sadly I think they resurface pretty much every disc unless maybe it already looks 100% perfect. But the disc does look really nice and if it is refurb you can barely tell.

Unfortunately I got a Tales of Destiny II today as well and it looked absolutely beautiful...until I looked at the bottom of the discs. In this case they did a crappy job resurfacing it and its very obvious with lines going all the way around each disc.

Given the unused looking condition of everything else the discs were probably in great shape too and some idiot resurfaced them anyway and didn't even do a good job :/

Going to have to test it out just to make sure it works. Just popped in Suikoden II and it seems to work fine.

I posted earlier in the requests forum..does anyone know of any software and/or a machine that will test that discs read 100%? I get too many used games that I can't play them all right away. I've had some trouble with warehouse games before. Just popping them in for a few minutes isn't a good enough test.

One place I bought used games from before had a device that would attempt to read the entire disc and let you know if it was good. I just see some software that tests discs but it won't work for games. Searched for a long time online but couldn't find anything at all.[/QUOTE]

Good question. I don't know of any software that does that, but I do know if you brought your discs to a place with a professional refurbishing machine, they'd fix up the last guy's crappy job and make the disc look like new (if he does a really good job/has the right machine, you can't tell the difference between a fixed PS1 game and a regular one, aside from tell tale signs around the middle plastic ring, like cleaning residue.) Local used media stores tend to have them and will fix stuff for a few bucks. Gamecrazy used to have them when they were open. If the bottom of the disc looks good and there are no scratches on the top label, then it's like a 1% chance there's some freak error that stops the game half way through (have had this happen once or twice.)

also, how the heck did you get both Suikoden 2 and TOD2? Were you just on at 3am, F5'ing like crazy? :) I'd like to catch an update as soon as it goes live sometime and see what kind of stuff pops up that doesn't last until 7am central (when I usually check)

[quote name='Trance Addix']Thanks, I hope! Almost pulled the trigger on 39.99 but glad I waited if this goes through :)[/QUOTE]

Well as anticipated, the game was cancelled. Dammit :bomb:

[quote name='aem']
[/QUOTE]

I have Nero 7, and in the extras section there is a Test Drive application that does exactly this. It scans the disc and lets you know what sectors are Good/Damaged/Bad. In my experience damaged sectors are okay. I had a SOTN disc that had some bad sectors. It played all the way through fine except that one of the audio tracks would just stop part way in. So it isn't perfect for determining if a disc will work, but it is a pretty good indication.

I had thought I read somewhere that you could get this program free from Nero, but I didn't see it with a very brief search.

[quote name='evanwink']I have Nero 7, and in the extras section there is a Test Drive application that does exactly this. It scans the disc and lets you know what sectors are Good/Damaged/Bad. In my experience damaged sectors are okay. I had a SOTN disc that had some bad sectors. It played all the way through fine except that one of the audio tracks would just stop part way in. So it isn't perfect for determining if a disc will work, but it is a pretty good indication.

I had thought I read somewhere that you could get this program free from Nero, but I didn't see it with a very brief search.[/QUOTE]

Nero was the first thing I tried. It only sees a tiny part of the disc because the rest is encrypted or something. Or at least that was the case with Xbox 360 discs. I'm not sure if I tried a PS1 game. I guess I should.

[quote name='FADC into coffee']Good question. I don't know of any software that does that, but I do know if you brought your discs to a place with a professional refurbishing machine, they'd fix up the last guy's crappy job and make the disc look like new (if he does a really good job/has the right machine, you can't tell the difference between a fixed PS1 game and a regular one, aside from tell tale signs around the middle plastic ring, like cleaning residue.) Local used media stores tend to have them and will fix stuff for a few bucks. Gamecrazy used to have them when they were open. If the bottom of the disc looks good and there are no scratches on the top label, then it's like a 1% chance there's some freak error that stops the game half way through (have had this happen once or twice.)

also, how the heck did you get both Suikoden 2 and TOD2? Were you just on at 3am, F5'ing like crazy? :) I'd like to catch an update as soon as it goes live sometime and see what kind of stuff pops up that doesn't last until 7am central (when I usually check)[/QUOTE]

The only used media stores around here that I know of are GameStop, Best Buy, and FYE. I know GameStop doesn't have anything.

TOD2 wasn't a really good deal like Suikoden 2 (it was $42.99). Kind of regret buying it actually. It was up a little while before I ordered and I think there was actually another copy of it that came up soon after I bought mine.

I'm a little surprised I even got Suikoden II. For some reason I didn't order it instantly. It was probably up at least one whole minute. I got lucky.

Both of these came up at just after 9PM EST so it wasn't a crazy time or anything.

Arg!!! A whole minute! hehe - I totally would have gotten that had I been on my computer. Sorry - I'll try to end my jealousy now. Congratulations. After all, I can't complain, I have gotten a lot of stuff from WHD...so I should just shut up. :)

[quote name='aem']Nero was the first thing I tried. It only sees a tiny part of the disc because the rest is encrypted or something. Or at least that was the case with Xbox 360 discs. I'm not sure if I tried a PS1 game. I guess I should.
[/QUOTE]
That is correct, 360 and even original Xbox discs have some sort of encryption or something that prevents it from working. Similar issues with DC discs. It works great on PS1 and PS2 discs, though, and on most PC game discs.

[quote name='evanwink']That is correct, 360 and even original Xbox discs have some sort of encryption or something that prevents it from working. Similar issues with DC discs. It works great on PS1 and PS2 discs, though, and on most PC game discs.[/QUOTE]

Nice... but I do have a lot of original Xbox games I'd like to check. I have a ton of PS1 games to check and a few PS2 games though so this can get me started. Then I can try the other method suggested earlier for Xbox games. Most, if not all, of the warehouse games that give me any trouble are either for Xbox or PS1.

Amazon honored $20 pricemistake for the GT5. :D

35kvlae.jpg

[quote name='Psybuster']PS3 family bundle and Wii say backordered - due Feb 18; are these returns that are on their way back to be shipped to the new buyer or something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that's been the assumption. Caution, though... sometimes they ship to you sooner, which means your card might get charged a hair earlier than you might be expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back