Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread III - For Penny Deals Discussion go to BRAGGING RIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Wiki Section:
(Please post good deals you find here - The goal is to try and make this area a section people can frequently check, rather than having to browse that last few pages for deals that the community has posted. Feel free to post a deal you find as a reply, but I would appreciate if you could post here as well.)

Consoles:
:360: Xbox 360:

:ps3: PS3

:wii: Wii

:pc:PC

Handhelds:

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

:ds: Nintendo DS

:psp: PSP

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Nintendo 3DS Links:

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue

Browse Games by Console:

Nintendo 3DS

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aem']Yep I got my large POM Media order from last week and it is terrible. The two more expensive games I ordered are mostly complete, but still not happy with them.

Super Mario All-Stars (Like New) is in decent shape but does not have the cartridge holder inside the box. This is the second time that has happened and they aren't cheap to replace unless you buy non OEM in bulk.

I'm extremely disappointed with Phantasy Star IV (Very Good) for Genesis. The box and cartridge are in very good shape. However the instruction booklet is in TERRIBLE condition. It is extremely worn out to the point that there is tape to hold it together. AND it is a previous rental with ugly silver "GAMEGIRLS" stickers on both the instruction booklet and cartridge. Neither appear removable without major damage.

The other 5 games I ordered in Very Good condition are all cartridge only. This really sucks. I'm not happy with any of the games. I guess I will try actually calling POM Media and try to figure out what the heck is going on. First AWD pricing goes to crap and now POM Media's no longer accurately lists game conditions. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I've bought games from POM Media 4 times...resulting in 4 returns because the descriptions don't match. They waste everyone's time by describing games in "very good" or "like new" condition" when often they would only meet the "acceptable" level.

Again I'm just reluctant to do returns out of fear of being completely banned from Amazon. I think its very unlikely but figure it is definitely a possibility given Amazon's history of banning because of returns. This would be 6 returns (keeping Super Mario All Stars).

I'm going to try to directly call POM Media first to see what the problem is. I need to know if recent listings have simply been a mistake or they no longer care about accurate descriptions.

[quote name='rpnguyen']I've bought games from POM Media 4 times...resulting in 4 returns because the descriptions don't match. They waste everyone's time by describing games in "very good" or "like new" condition" when often they would only meet the "acceptable" level.[/QUOTE]

I've bought a lot of games from POM Media before and have been happy enough with what I've got. Condition, etc have all been on par with AWD. That doesn't mean I think either meet Amazon's own condition guidelines for video games. Obviously they don't come close. But I have known what to expect. Personally I'd always expect to receive something matching the condition level below what is listed (Like New really being Very Good, Very Good being Good, etc). And the prices have been good enough to accept some wear. But Like New, Very Good, and Good have ALWAYS been complete unless noted otherwise.

I posted this yesterday, but my Like New Parasite Eve for PS1 from POM came in great condition and contained everything including the demo disc.

If there's one thing I learned from buying used off of Amazon's site, it's that every vender has their own interpretation of the condition their games are in.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Too bad netflix takes all of them away on may 22nd[/QUOTE]

what's netflix doing on may 22nd? my google-fu is not finding anything specific other than then showtime licensing agreement is expiring.

so err....why is this rated 4 stars? where are the deals? i havent seen any 4 star quality deal posted here since 2-3 weeks ago, should be 3 stars or less

[quote name='VaultDweller']so err....why is this rated 4 stars? where are the deals? i havent seen any 4 star quality deal posted here since 2-3 weeks ago, should be 3 stars or less[/QUOTE]
You've said similar things in other threads lately.

Perhaps you should submit a petition regarding your feelings to the CAG thread ratings board. Only they have the power to right these wrongs!

[quote name='VaultDweller']so err....why is this rated 4 stars? where are the deals? i havent seen any 4 star quality deal posted here since 2-3 weeks ago, should be 3 stars or less[/QUOTE]

I concur, this thread is two star worthy atm.

Argh those prices, RAGE!

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20080605015035458-000.jpg

[quote name='Kaiser499']*grumbles* I wanted that Tales of Destiny II.[/QUOTE]

It's still available for me. You can buy it but I wouldn't buy an acceptable copy personally it's probably in crap shape.

Good game though. Wish I could find a cheap copy of Tales of Destiny.

I so want to pick this up but can't justify a $100+ purchase on headphones right now...

Turtle Beach x41 for $107.99 in acceptable condition Turtle Beach x41

Hesitant at buying a set if I can't get the extended warranty on it as I go through 2-3 sets a year easily.

[quote name='aem']Yep I got my large POM Media order from last week and it is terrible. The two more expensive games I ordered are mostly complete, but still not happy with them.

Super Mario All-Stars (Like New) is in decent shape but does not have the cartridge holder inside the box. This is the second time that has happened and they aren't cheap to replace unless you buy non OEM in bulk.

I'm extremely disappointed with Phantasy Star IV (Very Good) for Genesis. The box and cartridge are in very good shape. However the instruction booklet is in TERRIBLE condition. It is extremely worn out to the point that there is tape to hold it together. AND it is a previous rental with ugly silver "GAMEGIRLS" stickers on both the instruction booklet and cartridge. Neither appear removable without major damage.

The other 5 games I ordered in Very Good condition are all cartridge only. This really sucks. I'm not happy with any of the games. I guess I will try actually calling POM Media and try to figure out what the heck is going on. First AWD pricing goes to crap and now POM Media's no longer accurately lists game conditions. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Just got my order from POM Media as well and all three of my Very Good condition games are cartridge only. This is the first time I've had a problem pertaining to an order with POM Media. I'm hoping it's just a fluke but it looks like they might no longer be listing the condition of games accurately.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh boy. You better raise that flame shield and/or explain FAST.[/QUOTE]

What's to flame? Everyone is bitching about high AWD prices, so I was just trying to say other places are far worse. Even Gamefly has bad prices right now, and they promised a sale in Apirl, I haven't seen it.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']What's to flame? Everyone is bitching about high AWD prices, so I was just trying to say other places are far worse. Even Gamefly has bad prices right now, and they promised a sale in Apirl, I haven't seen it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I expected someone would be a douche and try to jump on you about it for sure. But yeah, the reason your Gamecrazy's prices probably suck is because they're no longer pricing based on a corporate trend. Gamecrazy, Hollywood Video, and all similarly owned franchises went out of business last year. So if the prices are really that bad, maybe you should talk with the manager about it, since I can almost guarantee him or the owner of the building are setting the prices. You might even be able to haggle with him. :3

[quote name='catabarez']...You know he said Gamefly right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Since AWD is on the high, for some laughs I stopped in at a Game Crazy (no not gamestop). And had a bigger laugh at their prices. Some examples I can remember: PS1 Grandia $50 (I paid $20 complete), :ps3: Lost $20 (I paid $7 complete), :gba: Sword of Mana $20 (I paid $5 cart only).[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean though. He mentioned Gamefly a few posts up.

As long as AWD keeps their prices high for awhile my wallet can breathe for a little bit. I've been spending way too much fuckin money there lately. Seems like I've been buying games more than playing them.

[quote name='Kaiser499']As long as AWD keeps their prices high for awhile my wallet can breathe for a little bit. I've been spending way too much fuckin money there lately. Seems like I've been buying games more than playing them.[/QUOTE]

You aren't a true CAG until you spend the money you save on games on more other games than you have time to play. :D

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You aren't a true CAG until you spend the money you save on games on more other games than you have time to play. :D[/QUOTE]

It's a disease! I've bought more games in the past 6 months than in the previous 6 years. I've always been a gamer, but I always knew what I was playing and when. Now, I just keep buying and there's no end in sight. It's crazy.

This is OT, but has anyone bought a game from arrow-media before? I'm contemplating one of their copies of Final Fantasy X-2 that's in "Very Good" condition, but not if their shipping practice(s) are less than pleasant. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Vigilante']This is OT, but has anyone bought a game from arrow-media before? I'm contemplating one of their copies of Final Fantasy X-2 that's in "Very Good" condition, but not if their shipping practice(s) are less than pleasant. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I've only bought one item from Arrow-Media, a "Good" copy of Siren for the PS2. It arrived within two days of my placing the order and was literally spotless - the disc didn't seem to be resurfaced and the manual was minty fresh.

My only experience with them, but good enough that I check their storefront from time to time.

I think someone said they ordered a game in very good condition that was cart only. Same thing happened to me. Source Media Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back