Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasukekun']I've been 0/3 for ordering from from AWD.

#1 - FEB Vita (Bottom left of touch screen did not work)
#2 - LG LED TV (Had big dark spots on screen)
#3 - Aquarium Decor (Snapped in half, and some parts were missing)

Don't know if I wanna try ordering anything from AWD anymore.[/QUOTE]

At a certain point they may not let you order from them anymore...

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Yeah I don't know who ranks these products, but they're not adept at judging game condition. I've been selling recently, and the AWD back sticker will say "Good" while the disc is flawless, the manual is untouched and there's superficial wear on the case.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this statement I sent in my copy of cod2 for the Xbox only played it like twice then I realized I have more friends that play it on the ps3. So I sent it in to get credit for the new one well it was in great condition and they said it was only acceptable. Odiously they don't know how to judge at all.

[quote name='InvaderZim']At a certain point they may not let you order from them anymore...[/QUOTE]

That actually happens? It's totally different from the bans right?

who wouldn't want Retro gaming to have some of a comeback...

More revenue stream with already made games to sell from a already weak and pretty close to unprofitable industry... no thanks to people unwilling to pay $60 for games

Unless they just sell CODs for the rest of their lives....

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']who wouldn't want Retro gaming to have some of a comeback...

More revenue stream with already made games to sell from a already weak and pretty close to unprofitable industry... no thanks to people unwilling to pay $60 for games

Unless they just sell CODs for the rest of their lives....[/QUOTE]

Sorry to derail but I always thought they picked the wrong generation to push the $60 MSRP and it ended up kinda biting everyone, customer and company alike (especially when combined with the push for DLC to get the net 'sale price' of a game up). I'm frightened of whatever the prices might be for the next gen purportedly hitting this year.

[quote name='slidecage']99 or less new soon[/QUOTE]

Bought one for 128... and cancelled a couple mins later after thinking about it... There doesn't seems to be a lot of demand for it so it should drop even lower soon...

[quote name='Caoz']Bought one for 128... and cancelled a couple mins later after thinking about it... There doesn't seems to be a lot of demand for it so it should drop even lower soon...[/QUOTE]
I will also bite at < $100

[quote name='handsomepete']Sorry to derail but I always thought they picked the wrong generation to push the $60 MSRP and it ended up kinda biting everyone, customer and company alike (especially when combined with the push for DLC to get the net 'sale price' of a game up). I'm frightened of whatever the prices might be for the next gen purportedly hitting this year.[/QUOTE]

If you think about it compared to the rest of the world, $60 is mere peanuts ( earned) in this country compared to elsewhere

If you think about the cost of businesses and talent involved, and the cost of living, doing business... charging $60 is really not even that outrageous..
Most game developers aren't living the high life or have much to brag about with their salaries.

Just remember that $60 is probably split to over 1000s of sources that need to be paid.

[quote name='eej1422']I would agree with this statement I sent in my copy of cod2 for the Xbox only played it like twice then I realized I have more friends that play it on the ps3. So I sent it in to get credit for the new one well it was in great condition and they said it was only acceptable. Odiously they don't know how to judge at all.[/QUOTE]

I think th epeople AWD contracts out to is getting more scammy. I think they downgrade stuff so they save more "money" /credit then over estimate the condition when trying to sell to get more profit.

I've been noticing this since they moved there game processing center to Kentucky. I don't order alot from AWD, but my more recent AWD purchases have been dissappointing.

[quote name='nixmahn']I think th epeople AWD contracts out to is getting more scammy. I think they downgrade stuff so they save more "money" /credit then over estimate the condition when trying to sell to get more profit.

I've been noticing this since they moved there game processing center to Kentucky. I don't order alot from AWD, but my more recent AWD purchases have been dissappointing.[/QUOTE]
anything fullfilled by amzn is effected it sucks...

My Like New PS3 bluetooth remote arrived yesterday. It was repackaged (batteries were in the remote), so must have been a return, but does look new, including packaging. It seems to work perfectly, but I can't test every button (no 3D TV, so can't test the 3D toggle button, for example). But maybe I see why they returned it. This thing will control a lot of brands of TVs, but it only will control Sony stereos. What? That's pretty lame.

Also, it doesn't seem that well designed. It's sort of out of balance. The main buttons you want to use, for blu-ray playback and such, are at the bottom, and it's a fairly tall remote. Also there's so many buttons I find myself having to search for the one I want. I think they should have gone minimal. Still it's useful, so I'll keep it, but I really wish it could control my stereo. I won't be buying a Sony stereo just to make that work.

Another issue is that the volume controls can't be held down to raise/lower volume on my Samsung TV. You have to tap, tap, tap to raise/lower it. But I don't blame this remote. That also happens with another programmable remote I have, so I guess it's a dumb Samsung thing.

[quote name='kouleefoh']You bought a camera and the focus didn't work?[/QUOTE]

I know that was a joke, but for some reason I can't help but point out the solution. Looks like dirty lens phone camera to me (needs a wipe).

^^^^hahaha. Sorry still using an old iphone but I"m pissed cuz I was looking forward to it possibly be The Last Story with the soundtrack and artbook since people were getting lucky with that through the warehouse.

[quote name='InvaderZim']At a certain point they may not let you order from them anymore...[/QUOTE]

Why would they stop me from ordering stuff from them? It's not my fault they sent me defective/damaged items.

[quote name='boogie4114']Anyone see something wrong with this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:wall:[/QUOTE]

I bet some guy buying Rock Band opened it up and said "awww, what's this :censored: game about? I wanna ROCK OOOOOOOOUT!"

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']If you think about it compared to the rest of the world, $60 is mere peanuts ( earned) in this country compared to elsewhere

If you think about the cost of businesses and talent involved, and the cost of living, doing business... charging $60 is really not even that outrageous..
Most game developers aren't living the high life or have much to brag about with their salaries.

Just remember that $60 is probably split to over 1000s of sources that need to be paid.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Let's also not forget that games used to cost way more than $60, so it's not like this is anything new anyway, just $10 up from the last gen.

Yeah, one shouldn't be angry that video games cost $60. I should be angry that the average buying power of Americans is a joke. Games used to cost more than $60 in the 90s, and people didn't mind that much, especially since they could afford life's necessities rather easily.

[quote name='sasukekun']Why would they stop me from ordering stuff from them? It's not my fault they sent me defective/damaged items.[/QUOTE]

Because some filthy people have ordered things before you and exchanged the new products for defective ones they already had and sent it back for a refund. Whenever there's something that can be abused, people will abuse it, and AWD knows that.

[quote name='Mixer236']Agreed.

Let's also not forget that games used to cost way more than $60, so it's not like this is anything new anyway, just $10 up from the last gen.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.

[quote name='sasukekun']I've been 0/3 for ordering from from AWD.

#1 - FEB Vita (Bottom left of touch screen did not work)
#2 - LG LED TV (Had big dark spots on screen)
#3 - Aquarium Decor (Snapped in half, and some parts were missing)

Don't know if I wanna try ordering anything from AWD anymore.[/QUOTE]

For #1: I've owned 3 Vitas and surprisingly havent heard much about it but there does seem to be an overall issue with the bottom left of the Vitas Touch screen imo. On all 3 I've owned it has not worked as well as other areas of the screen. There might be some variance there though because it works better (but still not perfectly) on my white Vita.

For #2: That's extremely common on TVs and also on the Vita. Was it not watchable or just an annoyance or what? My TV has clouding spots all over when there's no picture but once I'm watching anything I don't see it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.[/QUOTE]

No doubt are video games the best bargain there is for entertainment, and very possibly I'm wrong, I just think that maintaining the $50 msrp from last gen could've made it easier to sell more at release without having to drop prices/support sales so early on and maybe that would've gotten companies to take more risks on new franchises/unique titles. I really don't mean it as a bitchy 'games cost too much' comment, but more of a 'maybe it could've helped the industry thrive' comment.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.[/QUOTE]

I thought Virtua Racing was mis-priced when I saw $99.99 on it at Meijer when it was released.

Secret of Mana was $69.99 when I picked that up after renting it about 5 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='detectiveconan16']Yeah, one shouldn't be angry that video games cost $60. I should be angry that the average buying power of Americans is a joke. Games used to cost more than $60 in the 90s, and people didn't mind that much, especially since they could afford life's necessities rather easily.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Americans enjoy the most purchasing power of any modern country today. Consumer products and services are more expensive everywhere else.

How about you compare CDs/DVDs to DVDs/Blu-rays instead of cartridges. Mass producing custom cartridges with motherboards/chips vs bulk CDs is laughable. I remember buying PS1 games (before PS2 came out) for $19.99 MSRP, not on release day I know, but even back then I was a cheapass. 2-3 older proven good games, or 1 new game I don't know about.

[quote name='whitereflection']What are you talking about? Americans enjoy the most purchasing power of any modern country today. Consumer products and services are more expensive everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying it's a joke because Americans have that much purchasing power.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I think he's saying it's a joke because Americans have that much purchasing power.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was being sarcastic. In terms of buying power, it's been dropping recently.

Edit: Not the same one I saw a few months ago, but clear enough:
saupload_household-income-monthly-median-growth-since-2000.png

[quote name='elessar123']I don't think he was being sarcastic. In terms of buying power, it's been dropping recently.

Edit: Not the same one I saw a few months ago, but clear enough:
saupload_household-income-monthly-median-growth-since-2000.png
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying he was being sarcastic. I was saying that he's probably using the term "joke" to imply that an American's buying power is too high, rather than too low (I think). Because if you assume the latter, why would he have made his first and last point? It would be kind of contradictory to say "people shouldn't be mad because games cost $60 at most, especially when they used to cost much more than that, and people were able to afford plenty when they were still so expensive- but Americans' buying power now is too damn low." I mean, I get that the economy's been better, but I wouldn't try to tell someone that while I'm telling them (at least compared to other countries) that they don't have to worry about game costs cutting into their buying power so much.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']How about you compare CDs/DVDs to DVDs/Blu-rays instead of cartridges. Mass producing custom cartridges with motherboards/chips vs bulk CDs is laughable. [/QUOTE]

Comparing production costs of the actual software then and now is laughable. Back then, yes, cartridges cost more to produce, but games also had far lower production budgets, far less staff, programmers ,etc. Today, the media costs pennies, but you're looking at $20M+ budgets. GTA4 had a budget of $100M.

[quote name='sp00ge']Comparing production costs of the actual software then and now is laughable. Back then, yes, cartridges cost more to produce, but games also had far lower production budgets, far less staff, programmers ,etc. Today, the media costs pennies, but you're looking at $20M+ budgets. GTA4 had a budget of $100M.[/QUOTE]

Good point

[quote name='edson13']so this is what happens when they dont restock for a couple of days[/QUOTE]
Yup turns into who has a bigger you know. This is why there is more violence in the world people love debating like this. :bouncy:

[quote name='addicted2games']CAGs are an interesting bunch.[/QUOTE]

Dammit I came here for deals! Amazon, stock slacking off!

[quote name='ShockandAww']For #1: I've owned 3 Vitas and surprisingly havent heard much about it but there does seem to be an overall issue with the bottom left of the Vitas Touch screen imo. On all 3 I've owned it has not worked as well as other areas of the screen. There might be some variance there though because it works better (but still not perfectly) on my white Vita.

For #2: That's extremely common on TVs and also on the Vita. Was it not watchable or just an annoyance or what? My TV has clouding spots all over when there's no picture but once I'm watching anything I don't see it.[/QUOTE]

On the TV, it was noticeable. Looked like a dark black cloud in the center of the screen about 2" diameter, and a smaller 1" diameter near the bottom right.

Got my $20 copy of Sleeping Dogs yesterday - Very Good quality. Surprised it wasn't listed as as Like New because it's in great condition and complete. It does have four stickers on the back though but other than that no complaints.

[quote name='sp00ge']

you have no idea of what it was like programming back in the early 80's and 90's.. Doing 8-bit and creating games like FF could have taken close to years of coding and recoding and rechecking of codes.

You do know that even a hack 5 year old can create a playable PS3/Xbox game these days right.. Considering programming is done so much easier with programs already build to do it. Motion/3D capture camera that takes the work out of building characters or moves or structures. Alot of the action/movement algorithms are sold over and over again to game developers, who make small changes here and there depending on their game.

Sports games are notoriously known for great profit generating with less production/work involved, since the algorithm is already written and is transferred year to year with little tweaks here and there.
And all they need to do is just to add character skins...

Today one can amass 1000 of games, back in the 80's you be lucky if you had a collection of 50.

My copy of Far Cry 3 came today and it is in GREAT shape! The disc looks good and the game is complete. Other than a couple of large stickers on the back, I'm set.

Well, so much for that. I put Far Cry 3 in my Xbox and it wasn't reading it. At all. Kept saying "Open Tray". I opened and closed the tray 3 or 4 times and it refused to read it. I tried my copies of Halo 3 and 4, Borderlands 1 and 2, and Assassin's Creed III and they all read fine. I opened up my Xbox and cleaned it anyways, and, to no surprise, it STILL doesn't read it. I tried it in my brother's Xbox and it didn't read in that one either. So I got a lemon copy of Far Cry 3 and I am NOT happy about it. :headache:

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Well, so much for that. I put Far Cry 3 in my Xbox and it wasn't reading it. At all. Kept saying "Open Tray". I opened and closed the tray 3 or 4 times and it refused to read it. I tried my copies of Halo 3 and 4, Borderlands 1 and 2, and Assassin's Creed III and they all read fine. I opened up my Xbox and cleaned it anyways, and, to no surprise, it STILL doesn't read it. I tried it in my brother's Xbox and it didn't read in that one either. So I got a lemon copy of Far Cry 3 and I am NOT happy about it. :headache:[/QUOTE]
After so many resurfaces to make them look new they become like that... It could be factory error to. amazon never really tests anymore they eye it fast and list it. amazon got bad lately....

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']After so many resurfaces to make them look new they become like that... It could be factory error to. amazon never really tests anymore they eye it fast and list it. amazon got bad lately....[/QUOTE]

Well, judging by all of the stickers on the thing, I'd say that's a pretty accurate theory. I borrowed a buddy's copy just to make sure my Xbox isn't being stupid. It's not. It's fine. I take too much care of that Xbox for something to just :whistle2:# up like that.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Well, judging by all of the stickers on the thing, I'd say that's a pretty accurate theory. I borrowed a buddy's copy just to make sure my Xbox isn't being stupid. It's not. It's fine. I take too much care of that Xbox for something to just :whistle2:# up like that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i had amazon send me one before and gamefly more common for me. I guess testing stuff costs them to much time. I bet people trade in new looking games that are dead from resurfacing them and bet amazon pays them without testing. I am saddened how amazon is getting... I only hope they realize this before it gets even worse. I am on the fence with them but else can i really go why i still buy alot. I bet they cut corners to do there prime streaming stuff. There still rocks but when will that be hit now?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Yeah i had amazon send me one before and gamefly more common for me. I guess testing stuff costs them to much time. I bet people trade in new looking games that are dead from resurfacing them and bet amazon pays them without testing. I am saddened how amazon is getting... I only hope they realize this before it gets even worse. I am on the fence with them but else can i really go why i still buy alot. I bet they cut corners to do there prime streaming stuff. There still rocks but when will that be hit now?[/QUOTE]

Bought Black Ops 2 for Xbox 360 for %30 and it said cant read disc, returned to amazon right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back