Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

WIKI: (Feel free to update OP in this section ONLY)

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DealSeeker2U']It is the algorithm. Just like we had a month of low priced items below the norm, now we will have high priced items above the norm. This goes back and forth at the warehouse. Hence, expect high prices for a while and then start seeing them drop gradually or abruptly like last month.[/QUOTE]

I probably haven't watched their site NEARLY as closely as you have. But one theory is, they set an "item depreciation" time frame where unsold deal items drop a certain percentage after being on the shelf so long.

So it could be we've snagged most of their deals this week and their returns just haven't dropped in cost as of yet.

[quote name='Zenif']I probably haven't watched their site NEARLY as closely as you have. But one theory is, they set an "item depreciation" time frame where unsold deal items drop a certain percentage after being on the shelf so long.

So it could be we've snagged most of their deals this week and their returns just haven't dropped in cost as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Nah brah it's the algorithm.

When you've been watching the site for at least a year or two you know everything is cyclical.

I already got my Like New :360: Aliens: Colonial Marines CE I ordered for $29.xx yesterday morning. The seals hadn't been broken and everything was in new condition. I heard the game is awful but I really wanted the statue and for that price I couldn't say no.

[quote name='kelo360']Not sure I would ever risk buying a used controller or console from AWD but I guess in can be a risk worth taking sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I decided to just use some rewards points and get a new controller at a decent price. The return policy makes me less worried but still up to luck whether you get a dud or not. At least games usually always seem spot on.

Between Steam sales and this AWD thread my wallet is going to be destroyed. :whee:

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Thanks! Just got a ps3 and looking for some relatively cheap games. :)[/QUOTE]

If you haven't gotten PS Plus yet you totally should. Great, fairly cheap way to get a number of games.

[quote name='llexan']Yeah I decided to just use some rewards points and get a new controller at a decent price. The return policy makes me less worried but still up to luck whether you get a dud or not. At least games usually always seem spot on.

Between Steam sales and this AWD thread my wallet is going to be destroyed. :whee:

If you haven't gotten PS Plus yet you totally should. Great, fairly cheap way to get a number of games.[/QUOTE]

If you were a collector of blu-ray, your wallet would be destroyed like mine. blu-ray.com updates amazon's prices daily, I have bought about 20 blu-ray's brand new for $4.99 each in the last month. It's rediculous.

just noticed a couple amazon affiliate links here, so its fine posting these here? (Coming from SD, I was a little surprised)

[quote name='epmacman']just noticed a couple amazon affiliate links here, so its fine posting these here? (Coming from SD, I was a little surprised)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they all convert to CAG affiliate links so Cheapy gets the revenue.

Q: How do I post CAG's Affiliate Links?
A: You don't have to worry about that. The forum automatically converts most "normal" links into CAG's affiliate links. When posting deals, just post direct links to products (when possible) and the forum will do the rest.

A question for my fellow CAG's. Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) is showing up in my Gold Box for $47.50. Should I go ahead and preorder it or cross my fingers and hope that one will eventually show up in AWD?

[quote name='fei33']A question for my fellow CAG's. Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) is showing up in my Gold Box for $47.50. Should I go ahead and preorder it or cross my fingers and hope that one will eventually show up in AWD?[/QUOTE]If you have even the slightest interest in the first-run bonuses, I would recommend preordering it. Of course, there's always the chance that dinged copies will surface in AWD, but there's a similar chance that just game-only (i.e., bonus-less) copies will appear.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you have even the slightest interest in the first-run bonuses, I would recommend preordering it. Of course, there's always the chance that dinged copies will surface in AWD, but there's a similar chance that just game-only (i.e., bonus-less) copies will appear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. What you said sounds pretty accurate and even though I did manage to luck out on a LN - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS) including the Soundtrack CD, it sounds like some of the other CAG's who ordered copies that were G or VG did not get it.

[quote name='blissskr']Pretty sure they all convert to CAG affiliate links so Cheapy gets the revenue.

Q: How do I post CAG's Affiliate Links?
A: You don't have to worry about that. The forum automatically converts most "normal" links into CAG's affiliate links. When posting deals, just post direct links to products (when possible) and the forum will do the rest.[/QUOTE]
wow cheapyd has a nice chunk of change from are work hehe share the love? muhaha

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']wow cheapyd has a nice chunk of change from are work hehe share the love? muhaha[/QUOTE]

While I would say he definitely benefits from our participation in these forums, he also does a pretty good job of inquiring directly with the various retailers for their sales and promotions. He then shares the deals with the rest of us.

I am just glad to have a game-centric deals website like CAG. FW and SD are okay, but since video games are not their primary focus by any means, good deals that are found there are more likely to be exploited by hoarders and resellers. I would much rather a CAG get a deal because at least he or she intends to play the game.

[quote name='HDShadow']Snagged!!! Thanks! So glad to FINALLY have a PS3 hahaha![/QUOTE]

Congrats! I snagged that same bundle in VG condition last week. Got it this past Monday and it's been running great and everything was included. Great deal that was just too hard to pass up.:bouncy:

[quote name='Razorblood']Anyone think I should pull the trigger on a Black Original 3ds for $117?

Amazon Warehouse Condition - Good[/QUOTE]

There are some you can get from Cowboom for $99.99: http://www.cowboom.com/product/793563
I hear good things from people who got systems from that site, just make sure it's grade 4 or higher in the description. Systems from AWD on the other hand seems to be more of a gamble.

Thanks guys will check. $129.99 new sounds good. Is the XL that much better? Isn't the screen resolution the same but just bigger? Anything else I should know?

[quote name='Razorblood']Thanks guys will check. $129.99 new sounds good. Is the XL that much better? Isn't the screen resolution the same but just bigger? Anything else I should know?[/QUOTE]
I had the original 3DS, then I traded it in for the XL. Besides the larger screen, the XL made a few other improvements on the original 3DS. The XL feels better than the original 3DS, which in my opinion felt cheaply made. The battery life on the XL is slightly better, and adds about an extra hour of playtime,before needing to be recharged. Finally, the XL fixed the hinge for the top screen, so it stays in place.

[quote name='Razorblood']Thanks guys will check. $129.99 new sounds good. Is the XL that much better? Isn't the screen resolution the same but just bigger? Anything else I should know?[/QUOTE]

Other than the bigger screens and the improved START, HOME, and SELECT buttons and maybe the L and R buttons, it's not much better. It feels cheaper and people just like to whine about the original for some reason.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Other than the bigger screens and the improved START, HOME, and SELECT buttons and maybe the L and R buttons, it's not much better. It feels cheaper and people just like to whine about the original to try to justify their purchase on the newer model to themselves.[/QUOTE]

Fix'd

I recently upgraded from a 3DS to a 3DS XL and it is much better. The hinges aren't loose at all like in the original. The screen being bigger actually makes some games look better if not the same. Try playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on both and you'll see that the XL is the better way to go. The START, SELECT and HOME buttons aren't too big of a change but are a nice improvement. The battery life is much better, not that the original battery life was bad though.

I've only played Pokemon White 2 and MH3U but so far I'm very impressed with the improvements. Overall, if you can get an XL, you should.

I gave my 3ds to my stepson, and bought the XL mario kart bundle. Personally, i think its much better. Yeah it feels a little bit cheaper made, the buttons are better but the screen size makes a huge difference.

XL has its advantages. If you have grown adult hands, it's much more comfortable to hold. D-pad+buttons are bigger and easier to use since everything sits more comfortably. The screen has a much wider viewing angle. DS games look nice in full screen. And the kicker-- better battery life.

The only thing that seems "cheaper" is that the edges are rounder and the finish is matte and it's overall less sleek. I can't think of any other reason why someone would say that.

That said, the regular 3DS isn't as bad as people say. forum people tend to give things a 10/10 or a 1/10 with nothing in between. The main thing I don't like about it is that it's small for my hands and the corners dig into them.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']:360: Xbox 360 4GB Console (G) $128.06

:ps3: Playstation 3 Soul Calibur IV Arcade Stick (G) $48.25
:ps3: Borderlands 2 Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition (LN) $42.27
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (VG) $25.53
:ps3: Sports Champions (LN) $2.88

:ds: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (G) $27.33
:ds: Pokémon White Version 2 (LN) $23.38
:ds: Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop (LN) $17.25 (A) $17.67 (ok!)
:ds: USA Today Crosswords (LN) $3.83[/QUOTE]

Decent price on that fight stick. FYI the crosswords game is $4 new free shipping with prime.

[quote name='handsomepete']Decent price on that fight stick. FYI the crosswords game is $4 new free shipping with prime.[/QUOTE]
A little too expensive for a non-Sanwa part stick + if it's condition is good probably the 'amazing' department of returns at amazon felt a couple of buttons or even the joystick is not working properly.

[quote name='Carlanga']A little too expensive for a non-Sanwa part stick + if it's condition is good probably the 'amazing' department of returns at amazon felt a couple of buttons or even the joystick is not working properly.[/QUOTE]

Considering how hard those hori sticks are to mod, it would be purchased only as a collectible anyway.

The madcatz pro and te fighsticks have been show up sub $80 dollars and have arcade parts.

Mad Catz SfXT Pro Fightstick PS3 $74.24 Like new

Sick deal if you want a fighstick.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='handsomepete']Decent price on that fight stick. FYI the crosswords game is $4 new free shipping with prime.[/QUOTE]

No it's not, those things are a pain in the ass to mod if you want a decent stick in there.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Considering how hard those hori sticks are to mod, it would be purchased only as a collectible anyway.

The madcatz pro and te fighsticks have been show up sub $80 dollars and have arcade parts.

Mad Catz SfXT Pro Fightstick PS3 $74.24 Like new

Sick deal if you want a fighstick.[/QUOTE]

That's a much better deal on a stick. Putting good parts in a stick alone is $60+. This makes me want to use my fight stick more.

If handheld gaming is your thing and you're one of these who's gonna play Fire Emblem for hundreds of hours and it's gonna be your "main" system, the XL is gonna be what you need.

That said, I had an XL and liked it. I got a regular for $100 less through AWD and since I might play it 20 mins a day, that extra hundred bucks is in no way worth it to me. If anyone tells you the original 3DS was cheaply made, they're trying to justify their purchase with an XL. The XL feels much cheaper quality, the original felt like pure durable quality. Much like the Game Boy Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back