Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

WIKI: (Feel free to update OP in this section ONLY)

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mattx0r']If it's just stickers on a case and the disc is not damaged, I don't think so. You can write a bad feedback response, but stickers on the case are common for like-new (if you mean the Amazon Warehouse bar code sticker). If it looks new, as in there are no scatches, bends, or damage to the case/manual/disc, I don't think it's a good claim.

If you really want to try, you can try to argue about product damaged during delivery, but i think that's stretching it.[/QUOTE]
I guess you're right.

It's just I feel it's very unprofessional to have the disc not being locked into the tray.

Also, as an alternative to the sticker, they could just put a paper in the box that delivers the same message, or just slap the sticker on the shrink wrap instead of on the box.

It's annoying to remove without damaging the box.

If the Disk is perfect, then it should be fine. Sometimes, the Disk would come loose during transportation. So it can't be entirely their fault. I myself have bought New Items, and the disks sometimes came in loose.

And no, Gamestop is still worse for the most part. You can't just let one single transaction marr your perception of AWD. Unless this sort of thing has consistently happen to you.

[quote name='Sairou']I guess you're right.

It's just I feel it's very unprofessional to have the disc not being locked into the tray.

Also, as an alternative to the sticker, they could just put a paper in the box that delivers the same message, or just slap the sticker on the shrink wrap instead of on the box.

It's annoying to remove without damaging the box.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but there's no way to say they didn't pop the disc into place. You have no idea what happened to that game during shipping. It doesn't take more than a nasty bump or two to just pop the disc out.

Received my Good Tomb Raider :ps3: today and it came with a tiny bit of damage to a slipcover and included an artbook. Was this an Amazon preorder bonus?

[quote name='ckc4043']really temping...is it worth $30?[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted by the Colonial Marines CE too. I know the game is rated really bad, but I am a HUGE fan of Aliens and the statue does look cool. Thoughts anyone?

[quote name='Dominick331']I'm tempted by the Colonial Marines CE too. I know the game is rated really bad, but I am a HUGE fan of Aliens and the statue does look cool. Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]

I watched a few unboxing and reviews on YouTube, as the statue would be the only reason I would be interested. However, even though it's detailed overall, it's smaller than the XBOX case (height-wise) and the marine's face seems less detailed. So... the game does trade in for $11, so that offsets the cost if you just wanted the extras. I passed though.

At $30, I think the statue is worth it for the Aliens CE. However, the game's plot will probably make your eye twitch so hard your face will freeze up like Popeye.

[quote name='nuclearporkchop']at $30, i think the statue is worth it for the aliens ce. However, the game's plot will probably make your eye twitch so hard your face will freeze up like popeye.[/quote]

...stroke face

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']At $30, I think the statue is worth it for the Aliens CE. However, the game's plot will probably make your eye twitch so hard your face will freeze up like Popeye.[/QUOTE]

C84GYRZ.png

[quote name='maxiell']Received my Good Tomb Raider :ps3: today and it came with a tiny bit of damage to a slipcover and included an artbook. Was this an Amazon preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure. I was surprised to get thexartbook too. Mine also had unused Amazon-exclusive DLC codes.

Got my 'LN' Aliens CE. Perfect shape. Literally don't see anything wrong with it except a little bump in the top of the packaging. Opened it up to check and it looks like all the codes and extras are there and the game was still sealed. Now to figure out what to do with my copy I got from game fly haha

[quote name='Sleipnir']Got that War in the North, wife wanted the map and quiver :p
Ty![/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha,
My daughter really uses that quiver for archery.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']You're bothered by the $2 you wasted but not by the time you wasted on the game. Is $2 worth more than 5 hours of your time (or however long the game took to beat)?

Saying you got something for your money is not accurate if you didn't enjoy the game. You wasted both your time and your money instead of just your money.[/QUOTE]

It was more or less sarcasm about the money...I was trying to point out that it's not even worth that little money... And I actually paid $.83 because I had a coupon code, lol.

But like I said at the bottom of my post that you didn't include, if I hadn't finished the whole game and tried it out in its totality how could I have fully judged it? I couldn't have.

It was only one night, like 4 hours and for the achievements I didn't care lol.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I keep waiting for a cheap AWD Lumines but they're always around this much. It's $3 cheaper brand new on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

It's a great game.You should get it either way.I pm'd Fry's price at Best Buy, and still play it occasionally.

Is Tomb Raider worth at 29.69? Or should I wait for a better deal until Black Friday?
I'm on the fence for so many games: Grid, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption (Game of the Year Edition), and Portal 2.

Help?

Forgot to add Spec Ops: The Line to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want Amazon to match Fry's NBA 2k13 price. I'll cave and buy it through AWD if I ever see a :ps3: version @ $25 like the Xbox was earlier... but I'd rather spend $10 after my $20 promo credit.

Should have just bought it during Black Friday.

Page Monitor just went off and I nabbed Fire Emblem POR, good for $31.xx. Didn't even wait to read the description I was so twitchy. The listing stayed up a bit though, so I was able to see it is Good, complete, but 'clear signs of use and markings by previous owner'. Doesn't sound promising, hopefully not a former rental.

[quote name='Dante Valentine']Is Tomb Raider worth at 29.69? Or should I wait for a better deal until Black Friday?
I'm on the fence for so many games: Grid, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption (Game of the Year Edition), and Portal 2.

Help?

Forgot to add Spec Ops: The Line to the list.[/QUOTE]

Go to Best Buy and have them pricematch Fry's.com Tomb Raider. New copy for $29.99!

[quote name='Dante Valentine']Is Tomb Raider worth at 29.69? Or should I wait for a better deal until Black Friday?

Help?

Forgot to add Spec Ops: The Line to the list.[/QUOTE]

I thought Tomb Raider was great, and I wasnt a fan of the old games. Really Uncharted-esque if I had to compare it to something.

Itll go lower, but I think its worth it.

[quote name='4thhorseman']i thought tomb raider was great, and i wasnt a fan of the old games. Really uncharted-esque if i had to compare it to something.

Itll go lower, but i think its worth it.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='4thHorseman']I thought Tomb Raider was great, and I wasnt a fan of the old games. Really Uncharted-esque if I had to compare it to something.

Itll go lower, but I think its worth it.[/QUOTE]

I felt like the writing was very subpar, the characters were pretty terrible, and the length of the game was decent at best. Granted, I had a four day window and sort of powered through, while exploring quite a bit (all of the tombs, taking a few long ways around) it still felt quite short. The gameplay was pretty good, but honestly, and I'm very cheap, I would wait until it hit around $15 to buy it.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I felt like the writing was very subpar, the characters were pretty terrible, and the length of the game was decent at best. Granted, I had a four day window and sort of powered through, while exploring quite a bit (all of the tombs, taking a few long ways around) it still felt quite short. The gameplay was pretty good, but honestly, and I'm very cheap, I would wait until it hit around $15 to buy it.[/QUOTE]I pretty much agree with all of this, though I might have had more fun with the gameplay than I expected and spent 15-20 hours getting all of the single-player stuff. I'd wait until $20, but that's just me.

[quote name='evanwink']Page Monitor just went off and I nabbed Fire Emblem POR, good for $31.xx. Didn't even wait to read the description I was so twitchy. The listing stayed up a bit though, so I was able to see it is Good, complete, but 'clear signs of use and markings by previous owner'. Doesn't sound promising, hopefully not a former rental.[/QUOTE]

How do you set up page monitor?

I read a review about metacritic scores and how they effect games being made. They talked of a game that just went down the list and tried to include all things reviewers/critics love. These bullet points included progression levels(metroidvania), skill trees (involving player choice to upgrade but no real difference in gameplay), quicktime events, cutscenes, finding collectibles, and a tacked on multiplayer. I loved playing TR (cept too many mp trophies), but i always think of these bullet points and that SE was just trying to make an 'uncharted' hit game.

Am I the only one who would rather have played as the hefty fellow than that version of Lara Croft? I really didn't like her.

[quote name='uhnsk']Am I the only one who would rather have played as the hefty fellow than that version of Lara Croft? I really didn't like her.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

You weirdo.

[quote name='Optical']How do you set up page monitor?[/QUOTE]

It is a Chrome Extension. Installing it is super easy and using it is pretty straightforward, too. The annoying thing for me is always getting the AWD specific used item listing. That's what you want to monitor, because if that changes you know it is an AWD specific change, not just some random seller. Every now and then someone posts a link or you can navigate to a listing through the AWD store. But since you are probably looking for something that is out of stock, you go to any AWD listing and sub in the item ID from the regular item URL. Hopefully that makes sense. If you poke around at it I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back