Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Holy crap, he gave me a $60 partial refund.

I didn't even ask for it, he just gave it straight away. For the record, I NEVER complain, I never return items, I spend thousands of dollars on amazon, and been a prime member for many years.

Got a new ps4 for $230....shit it even included the 30 day ps+ and $10 psn credit codes.

edit: he upped it to $65.40....yeah I dont know, I guess I got lucky. Counting the $10 psn code, that's like getting a new ps4 for $215...pretty sick
Good for you. You know good and well you didn't deserve $65 for that cable, but they offered it. They gave me $80 for my launch defective when I contacted them asking for a replacement and that was their alternative since they had no more.

But braggin' round these parts? Doesn't go over well.

Good god, I received a broken PS4 on launch and Amazon had me go through Sony for a replacement and I still didn't have a problem with them not giving me a refund. Funniest part of all is that I lost that USB cable when I unboxed my PS4 and I now use my Android phone charger for my controllers and it works perfectly. I can't believe you got a $65 dollar credit for that, now I'm a tad bit jealous. :(

Good for you. You know good and well you didn't deserve $65 for that cable, but they offered it. They gave me $80 for my launch defective when I contacted them asking for a replacement and that was their alternative since they had no more.

But braggin' round these parts? Doesn't go over well.
Bragging? Maybe a little but I was more surprised by how receptive the customer service rep was than anything else.

On that same token, where can I get a goddamn usb cable for my ps4 cuz this thing is a paperweight right now

Back when SMT IV came out, I reported, with pictures, the damaged case that was caused by themn shipping it in bubble wrapping. Didn't even get a response. Same with Dragons Crown and other new games I bought.

No clue how you guys get Amazon to throw money at you.

Back when SMT IV came out, I reported, with pictures, the damaged case that was caused by themn shipping it in bubble wrapping. Didn't even get a response. Same with Dragons Crown and other new games I bought.

No clue how you guys get Amazon to throw money at you.
I did absolutely nothing special. I think it is a result of my ongoing business with them and my lack of complaints in the past.

Here is the convo

"Me:the "like new" ps4 I bought from amazon warehouse is missing a usb cable, has sticky residue on the front, and does not include the playable game that was said to be included in the description

rep:Hi, I'm *******. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:Hi ********

rep:I'm sorry about this.
May I have your order number, please?

Me:**************

rep:Thanks for the order number.
In this case, If you prefer to keep the item, I'll issue $60 partial refund to you. Or I'll provide prepaid return mailing label for the item. So that you can return the item to us for full refund.

a little later

rep: I've requested a refund of $65.40 to your Amazon.com visa card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.It has been my pleasure assisting a valued customer like you in any way that I can. "

That's literally all it was, word for word save for the obviously redacted parts. I do about $5000 of purchases from them every year, own a amazon visa, prime membership, and literally have never complained about a purchase in 7 years with them (until this one obviously). Even so, I would've been happy with a $5 cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did absolutely nothing special. I think it is a result of my ongoing business with them and my lack of complaints in the past.

Here is the convo

"Me:the "like new" ps4 I bought from amazon warehouse is missing a usb cable, has sticky residue on the front, and does not include the playable game that was said to be included in the description

In this case, If you prefer to keep the item, I'll issue $60 partial refund to you. Or I'll provide prepaid return mailing label for the item. So that you can return the item to us for full refund.

a little later

rep: I've requested a refund of $65.40 to your Amazon.com visa card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.It has been my pleasure assisting a valued customer like you in any way that I can. "

That's literally all it was, word for word save for the obviously redacted parts. I do about $5000 of purchases from them every year, own a amazon visa, prime membership, and literally have never complained about a purchase in 7 years with them (until this one obviously). Even so, I would've been happy with a $5 cable.
So you lied and said that it was supposed to come with a game...no wonder they gave you 60 bucks.

Here is the convo

a little later

YOU LIED TO AMAZON. Playable game??That is ridiculous, come on.

I thought it was pretty disgusting myself.

Really doubt the guy has only complained once if the stooped this low for this occasion...
that is BS. This is the same as stealing. Worse than slick dealers. He did not take advantage of a deal, he lied and adulterated facts to get money back. He says he was not looking for money, so why he was going to complain about a fucking cable that everyone has and costs 50 cents to amazon???

that is BS. This is the same as stealing. Worse than slick dealers. He did not take advantage of a deal, he lied and adulterated facts to get money back. He says he was not looking for money, so why he was going to complain about a fucking cable that everyone has and costs 50 cents to amazon???
And this is why we cannot have nice things.

Wow, tons of PS4 just came in stock from AWD. Not the best deals however, lowest is around $370.

There is a (G) PS4 for around $345.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_olp_used?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1390858749&sr=1-3
They are still up, including the $345. Too pricey for me to bite considering lack of warranty but someone may want it. Not going to lie, I was tempted for a second until the CAGer in me said no! lol

Edit - Now it's gone.

Wow, tons of PS4 just came in stock from AWD. Not the best deals however, lowest is around $370.

There is a (G) PS4 for around $345.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_olp_used?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1390858749&sr=1-3
Amazon has new ps4s in stock as well so any given time these used prices should hit those magical lows as well. Watch them now.

:ps4: PlayStation 4 Console (G) $345.72 (VG) $372.31 (LN) $398.91

:ps3: TRON: Evolution Collector's Edition (LN) $19.61
:ps3: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (G) $5.64 (DLC on disk)

:vita: PlayStation Vita - Wifi (VG) $162.51

:wiiu: Wii Fit U w/Wii Balance Board accessory and Fit Meter (VG) $62.34

:xb1: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (LN) $36.55
:xb1: Call of Duty: Ghosts (VG) $32.57

:360: Madden NFL 25 (LN) $19.99

NVIDIA SHIELD 16GB (G) $160.87

So is nobody buying that Beyond for ~$22 because it can be had close to that new w/ GCU at Best Buy?  Or because it's hit that delightful price point where the 'I'll wait until it's $20' crowd won't bite and everyone that was willing to pay more than $20 already bought it?

I've been looking at it over and over again since it popped up yesterday going back and forth on it.  I don't think I'll start it right away, but it feels like Heavy Rain held on to its value for a long time.

So is nobody buying that Beyond for ~$22 because it can be had close to that new w/ GCU at Best Buy? Or because it's hit that delightful price point where the 'I'll wait until it's $20' crowd won't bite and everyone that was willing to pay more than $20 already bought it?

I've been looking at it over and over again since it popped up yesterday going back and forth on it. I don't think I'll start it right away, but it feels like Heavy Rain held on to its value for a long time.
I believe you are correct in all 3 of your assessments as in it has hit that number where folks are looking at how low can it go (under $20) to pick it up. It can be had new for relatively close to what AWD is selling for. At the same time Heavy Rain held its value close to that price point, dipping below to $15 or so (not including director's cut that hit around $9 ~ $11 at one point and time) so it is just a waiting game now before it gets lower in the wake of newer releases.

Personally, I am waiting for GS to drop the price on its new or used versions so that I can pick up that exclusive steelbook version that I keep running across.

So is nobody buying that Beyond for ~$22 because it can be had close to that new w/ GCU at Best Buy? Or because it's hit that delightful price point where the 'I'll wait until it's $20' crowd won't bite and everyone that was willing to pay more than $20 already bought it?

I've been looking at it over and over again since it popped up yesterday going back and forth on it. I don't think I'll start it right away, but it feels like Heavy Rain held on to its value for a long time.
i've been doing/thinking along same lines. But I'm passing because I won't be playing it right away.

You can also get it "practically" for free by taking advantage of the b2g1 at bestbuy and trading in the two games at gs. Depending on the games you might even come out slightly ahead.

If you're able to Redbox Beyond: TS, I recommend you do so since it's not a very long game at all; otherwise, I suggest you wait for at most $15-$20 (better if at Best Buy), as I found Beyond pretty lackluster, and I didn't even pay anything to play it for the plat (library). :wall:

bread's done
Back