Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Their turn around time is 7-10 business days after they receive it. They overnight boxes each way. So you're looking at 10-12 business days total.

They fixed mine and it was a not for sale system through AWD. Just sent invoice instead of a receipt.

To whomever asked. Yes my console I received back was a different serial number. Should have made sense since they sent it in a new PS4 box and I only sent it in sans box. I assume they sent the new box to match the serial number.
they sent you the replacement in a brand new retail box? I assume just the replacement console without any controller and cables?

Anyone have any experience with Sony's RMA process on PS4s? The rep said turnaround could take as long as a month. Wondering if it's worth the wait. There's a sony store about 33 miles away but I'm not too keen on burning a day and all that gas. 

edit: just saw above. That's good to know. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So my VG PS4 came in last night and I got a brand new system that was just a dinger/resealed.  It was easy to spot because it was a launch bundle with the blue PlayStation tape.  The codes were included and unused.  The controller had the plastic seals over it alongside the cables that looked untouched.  First time I've seen a mono earbud included too.  The system didn't go into safe mode when I booted it up so there was no memory wipe from before.  It seems to me that the safe modes occur after you wipe the system clean from "initialization."  It obviously should have been like new but the box had a lot of dings and wear and tear all around it. 

The VG description said: "Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase.  Item will come repackaged. Item has no cosmetic scratches or blemishes.  Item has no cracks or dents.  All accessories are present and undamaged."

The took into GS right after and the crazy thing was that the employee did not even bother to test the system.  He only opened it up to make sure the system was present and the cables were there and that I didn't trade in a pile of rocks.  He didn't properly scan the serial number off the console directly instead scanning the one off the box.  I'm hoping my dinger had the same SN # with the box but I forgot to check this time.  If it didn't, I wonder if that messes up their database?  Poweruprewards website was down so I couldn't log in and use some coupons I had wanted to redeem so I'll have to come back another time. 

I was going to make a new thread, but apparently this thread is glitched and i can't close it. Says it was created by kickrock

The PS Gold wireless headset is universal. (with the X1 adaptor obviously) You will need the X1 adaptor for any headset you try with the X1. My $64 headset I ordered from AWD last week is delivering today. Can't wait to check it out.
Should be noted that although the headset is virtual surround sound, there is no VSS for Xbox One since the adapter just makes it a stereo headset from what's been posted on here before.

I got around to testing my Gold headset last night that I had received a week ago and everything SO FAR seems good. The dongle was included and my AWD purchase appears to be a dinger. However, I'm not sure if my microphone is working properly. I couldn't hear people talking into their mics and I couldn't tell if people could hear me talking either. It's hard to confirm without playing with my online friends that use headsets too. A lot of online PS3 players don't use a headset/bluetooth so I couldn't tell if it was just me or if I was playing last night with a bunch of microphone-less players. I forgot to check the in-game settings menu last night from GoW: Ascension so I'll have to look into that. But it seems like there's nothing on the headset itself that I needed to do. There's just the mute button only. To the other Gold headset users, is there anything that I may be forgetting here? Headset seems good for the price. Ear padding is comfortable. Audio and VSS ability works fine. The USB charge cable is annoyingly short. The only other drawback to me is the battery. It lasts nowhere near the duration I get from my PX5's that I use with Interloop AA rechargeable batteries. So unsure if I should return this and hold out for a Platinum headset so far.

Just got my Gold Headset in and of course it missing the dongle so back it goes. I've heard or people having the same issue before but is the dongle that valuable or something? I wonder why whoever returns these refuses to put them back or Amazon doesn't bother to make sure it's returned.

Should be noted that although the headset is virtual surround sound, there is no VSS for Xbox One since the adapter just makes it a stereo headset from what's been posted on here before.
Anyone have a good recommendation for a headset that will work well on both systems? Was going to get the Titanfall headset since I got a dinger for $96 yesterday but the reviews make it sound uncomfortable and so so in sound quality.

Just got my Gold Headset in and of course it missing the dongle so back it goes. I've heard or people having the same issue before but is the dongle that valuable or something? I wonder why whoever returns these refuses to put them back or Amazon doesn't bother to make sure it's returned.
Not really unless someone wanted to be too lazy to switch it between consoles but still willing to resync the headset. Or they planned to resell them to people who get dingers that didn't have dongles. :whee:

I got around to testing my Gold headset last night that I had received a week ago and everything SO FAR seems good. The dongle was included and my AWD purchase appears to be a dinger. However, I'm not sure if my microphone is working properly. I couldn't hear people talking into their mics and I couldn't tell if people could hear me talking either. It's hard to confirm without playing with my online friends that use headsets too. A lot of online PS3 players don't use a headset/bluetooth so I couldn't tell if it was just me or if I was playing last night with a bunch of microphone-less players. I forgot to check the in-game settings menu last night from GoW: Ascension so I'll have to look into that. But it seems like there's nothing on the headset itself that I needed to do. There's just the mute button only. To the other Gold headset users, is there anything that I may be forgetting here? Headset seems good for the price. Ear padding is comfortable. Audio and VSS ability works fine. The USB charge cable is annoyingly short. The only other drawback to me is the battery. It lasts nowhere near the duration I get from my PX5's that I use with Interloop AA rechargeable batteries. So unsure if I should return this and hold out for a Platinum headset so far.
audio-alloutput.jpg

I just received the "Very Good" Sony Gold Headset I ordered a few days back...

Box looks like it was put in a blender and it's missing the charging cord, but the headphones look fine.

I had a 10 minute talk with a representative and got a 20 dollar refund for the cost of the cord.  Sounds like the reps have a wild level of discretion when it comes to partial refunds. 

Plug it into a PC or Mac and record something. That'll give you a good idea of whether the mic is working, how it sounds.

I wouldn't make your decision based on the possibility of a Platinum headset. There've been no credible rumors that one is coming in the short term. Pulse Elite's were a 2+ year lag from the initial official Wireless Headset. Sony is probably just leaving branding headroom so they can EVENTUALLY release Platinum cans without having to re-brand like they did when converting the generic Wireless Headset to the Pulse after they dropping the Elites.

$173.24 :xb1: Titanfall CE (VG)

Used - Very Good
Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item is in original packaging, but packaging may come damaged. Item has no cosmetic scratches or blemishes. Item has no cracks or dents. All accessories are present and undamaged.

I'm using a PS3 at the moment so the audio settings are different since I think that is the PS4 interface. I think I may need to check the in game menu of the game I was playing. The PS3 settings only allow you to output audio through HDMI or optical. With the way the dongle works, I think the setting on the ps3 interface may not even matter since I can hear through the headset still with either audio output settings.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a headset that will work well on both systems? Was going to get the Titanfall headset since I got a dinger for $96 yesterday but the reviews make it sound uncomfortable and so so in sound quality.

Not really unless someone wanted to be too lazy to switch it between consoles but still willing to resync the headset. Or they planned to resell them to people who get dingers that didn't have dongles. :whee:
Some headsets are compatible with both systems. I haven't tried buying the adapter to test the VSS with my PX5's yet but the PX5 is a popular headset that is compatible with the ps3 and xbox 360 for VSS.

Some headsets are compatible with both systems. I haven't tried buying the adapter to test the VSS with my PX5's yet but the PX5 is a popular headset that is compatible with the ps3 and xbox 360 for VSS.

Meant both next gen systems for the record.

I think the Gold Wireless Headset is probably the best bet for now if you want universal between PS4 and XB1. Not only that, but it's compatible with PC, MAC, PS3, Vita, and whatever else I'm missing. That's versatile. The only drawback is lack of VSS on the XB1 that the other poster mentioned, along with having to get a $25 Xbox One Stereo Adapter to make it all work.

That's bullshit they sell Pokemon silver for $21.xx yet they only give $0.25 for trading it in. I know they have to make a profit but that just seems ridiculous.

Just got my Wii U today! It's perfect. Nothing missing, and it came with a wii u pro controller and Super Mario 3D world. It's the actual genuine pro controller too! Not a knock off brand. Is there any way to link your 3ds Nintendo account to your wii U? I have like $70 of credit on my 3ds. Is there a way to use that on the wii U via the Nintendo ID thing? I couldn't figure out how to get to it. It kept asking me to make a new one.

I don't believe any new headsets have come out yet let alone boast compatibility.
Well with the headset adapter any 3.5mm headset will work on both and any that use a standard optical audio output should work on both (at least for sound output). Mic is far secondary since I rarely talk to anybody, or even play multiplayer anymore it seems, and really just want a headset that works on both so I can play when my kid's sleeping. That and I'm not only out of HDMI ports but out of space in my entertainment center (PS3, PS4 and cable box barely fit as is) so there's no way the Xone is fitting there as well. Which means something has to shift to my desk and run through a monitor which means I need to find an audio solution for it.

Guess I need to find my copy of Silver if a cart only copy goes for that much.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the first time it's appeared in AWD, so yes.
Appeared twice before for about the same price.

Just got my Wii U today! It's perfect. Nothing missing, and it came with a wii u pro controller and Super Mario 3D world. It's the actual genuine pro controller too! Not a knock off brand. Is there any way to link your 3ds Nintendo account to your wii U? I have like $70 of credit on my 3ds. Is there a way to use that on the wii U via the Nintendo ID thing? I couldn't figure out how to get to it. It kept asking me to make a new one.
See, aren't you happy now that you've got your hands on it? I think you link you NID through the eShop.

It was probably higher at some point and then nuked...
Nope, been checking on it for some time and I think it peaked at about $4 in the last year. Hope I didn't just send them my copy back then.

One other thing about the Gold headsets - is that the buttons go on the left ear.    Some people were having issues with the mic picking them up and they switched to the above and it worked as intended.

how mud did you pay for your wii u. i got one last night 8gb for 188 thought that was a good price.
I got a like new 32 GB for $254, but it came with Super Mario U, Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World, and a wii U pro controller.

And yes, I'm very happy with it! About to spend an hour browsing through the list of games on the Wii U!

Never messed with AMZ Warehouse. Has anyone purchased any LE or CE games? I been looking for the Infamous 2 Hero edition to add to my CE collection and saw this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004LWQ2TQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Does anyone know the chances of it being complete? Does AMZ pay return shipping if everything isn't included?
The very definition of "Acceptable" condition states that it is likely missing things and almost certainly incomplete.

You know you order a lot of stuff when you can tell the sound of the UPS truck coming two blocks away. :whee:

Edit- Also when you genuinely can't remember what should be in some of the boxes...

Never messed with AMZ Warehouse. Has anyone purchased any LE or CE games? I been looking for the Infamous 2 Hero edition to add to my CE collection and saw this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004LWQ2TQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Does anyone know the chances of it being complete? Does AMZ pay return shipping if everything isn't included?
Acceptable I would count on it being complete unless it's something brand new and it says something indicating that it's just damaged packaging.

And wow, I usually have no issue with our UPS driver but I just watched him drop my Xbox One not once but twice.  Took it out of the back of the truck and dropped it on the floor of the cab to get the other stuff, which he proceeds to drop on top of it, then drops it all on the porch.

And wow, I usually have no issue with our UPS driver but I just watched him drop my Xbox One not once but twice. Took it out of the back of the truck and dropped it on the floor of the cab to get the other stuff, which he proceeds to drop on top of it, then drops it all on the porch.
Can't blame him for handling that xbone that way :D

And wow, I usually have no issue with our UPS driver but I just watched him drop my Xbox One not once but twice. Took it out of the back of the truck and dropped it on the floor of the cab to get the other stuff, which he proceeds to drop on top of it, then drops it all on the porch.
Can't blame him for handling that xbone that way :D

bread's done
Back