Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Just checked AWD for first time today and noticed somebody finally bought Freaky Flyers PS2.  That game had been the lowest price AWD for a few days.  Which one of you CAG's grabbed it?  :rofl:

got my BD CE dinger in the mail today, it looks new except the seal on the side says graded by warehouse deals. Does that mean package was opened?

Got my $383. No Day One code, Scuffed up and Kinect doesn't turn on....ow well back it goes. Careful if it shows up later.
Why not send it to Microsoft for service?

Ok, I've been waiting to do my update on the PS4's from last week that I got for $277 (VG) & $257 (G) respectively.

The (G) PS4 was brand new, everything was factory sealed, the codes were unused, just the box was jacked up. However, it was one of the blue flashing PS4's. - Called Sony & I'm shipping it to them to be serviced. They said I would get a new one by next Friday.

The (VG) was used, but it was in immaculate shape, the codes were also unused in this one as well. It booted up & everything & I thought I was golden. However, when I tried to insert a disc, it would not accept it & it gave off some sort of grinding noise. So, I called Sony for that as well, so ditto as to above.

I called Amazon told them the ordeal w/ first the shipping & then having to send the consoles out to Sony for servicing. The woman I spoke with was awesome & said yes this situation had sucked & gave me a $60 credit (I assume to get a new game on them).

Overall: I think I was very unlucky to have gotten two PS4's w/ issues, but I still got a heck of a deal on them. If there is no issue w/ Sony servicing them, then I will have gotten two new PS4's for $500 basically. That's a hell of a deal & I don't mind waiting a week more for that. I just wanted to thank Eld, DS2U, Donut & whomever noted in the thread the PS4's were up, because they all advised to get the G one as it was most likely the dinger & it sure was. Hopefully everything is kosher w/ servicing from Sony & I'll be one happy AWD shopper. :pray:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not send it to Microsoft for service?

Ok, I've been waiting to do my update on the PS4's from last week that I got for $277 (VG) & $257 (G) respectively.

The (G) PS4 was brand new, everything was factory sealed, the codes were unused, just the box was jacked up. However, it was one of the blue flashing PS4's. - Called Sony & I'm shipping it to them to be serviced. They said I would get a new one by next Friday.

The (VG) was used, but it was in immaculate shape, the codes were also unused in this one as well. It booted up & everything & I thought I was golden. However, when I tried to insert a disc, it would not accept it & it gave off some sort of grinding noise. So, I called Sony for that as well, so ditto as to above.

I called Amazon told them the ordeal w/ first the shipping & then having to send the consoles out to Sony for servicing. The woman I spoke with was awesome & said yes this situation had sucked & gave me a $60 credit (I assume to get a new game on them).

Overall: I think I was very unlucky to have gotten two PS4's w/ issues, but I still got a heck of a deal on them. If there is no issue w/ Sony servicing them, then I will have gotten two new PS4's for $500 basically. That's a hell of a deal & I don't mind waiting a week more for that. I just wanted to thank Eld, DS2U, Donut & whomever noted in the thread the PS4's were up, because they all advised to get the G one as it was most likely the dinger & it sure was. Hopefully everything is kosher w/ servicing from Sony & I'll be one happy AWD shopper. :pray:
Wait. How did you get service without an original receipt?

I guess that certain errors, like the DRoD in Xbox One and BLoD in PS4 are serviced due to being manufacturer's error? Just a guess.

I picked up the LN Pulse Elites ($86.17+tax). Only reason I was holding out for these over the Gold's was cause of the ability to use them wirelessly with anything (plus the mic, so I can ditch the cheapo Jabra bluetooth headset for PS3 gaming). We shall see...

I guess that certain errors, like the DRoD in Xbox One and BLoD in PS4 are serviced due to beinf mamufacturer's error? Just a guess.
Or smart people use the "it was a gift" excuse and sweet talk the person on the other end. At least what I did years ago when my ps3 phat had a blu ray diode issue and sent it in for free. Had bought it off ebay for 100 when they were still like 400 plus new

The rep said all I needed was a receipt from Amazon showing my purchase. I'm worried about the original receipt thing, that's why I said I hope everything is kosher w/ the servicing. From what I gathered these are common issues w/ the PS4, so maybe that is why servicing is not an issue. They also offered me 2 different warranties (accidental $59 & limited $49) to purchase on both of them. I assume because neither console was registered, that maybe that is why they were offering me that?

wasn't this also the guy that claimed he got two $35 LN vitas?
No, that wasn't me. This is my first AW purchase.

I called Sony about mine too and they sent out a box. I just ended up getting better service from Amazon so I went with them. Even told them I bought it used from Warehouse, didn't seem to phase the guy. I think they're just servicing everything,

I called Sony about mine too and they sent out a box. I just ended up getting better service from Amazon so I went with them. Even told them I bought it used from Warehouse, didn't seem to phase the guy. I think they're just servicing everything,
hmm. I remember they wouldn't budge on my dead pixel vita that I got from AWD. Interesting.

When did you start looking at AWD? Since X1's release I've bought/could have bought every release so far (except Zoo Tycoon / Thief) for $30 or less, and they always pop up at least once a week.
Haven't seen a $30 or less Ryse/DR3. I'm just interested on exclusives at the moment.

I'm curious to know for those of you who got that 60gb ps3...did it come with the old Sixaxis or a DualShock 3 controller?

Not necessarily, just means it's probably a dinger. I've gotten things with those descriptions that were perfectly fine and complete and some that were utterly destroyed on the outside.
Thanks I'll take a look then. Wasn't sure if I should just return to sender.

Not necessarily, repackaged could mean contents were checked.

Thanks for the replies. Thought Amazon got me on this one.

If it's damaged beyond reason you can always return it or even if it was above acceptable and missing the packaging if you want to be picky.
It was listed as good and they go so quickly if you wait to see it on the page you won't get it so I just used one-click to buy so I had to wait until after it shipped to see the description.

since I'm now in the market for a PS3 (doesn't matter which one at this point), what price target should I be looking at.  I see there is a120G slim (A) for $160.  Seems a bit pricey for acceptable and no games.

bread's done
Back