Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

re PS4's.  Since these systems are messing up, maybe these are the consoles that people returned.  Seems the hit or miss depends on whether the console was returned because it was defective or if it was returned because the buyer changed their mind.  Mine should be here Friday, really curious what I get

Last edited by a moderator:
re PS4's. Since these systems are messing up, maybe these are the consoles that people returned. Seems the hit or miss depends on whether the console was returned because it was defective or if it was returned because the buyer changed their mind. Mine should be here Friday, really curious what I get
This theory makes sense as to why they were all heavily discounted. The only thing missing is why some orders went through.

Sweet if that is the case I will pay the extra $30 after taxes to get a brand new PS4 for $285 and change. As long as I get the replacement from Sony in time that is but they made it sound like it wouldn't take long at all.
Please don't trade in a defective console. How would you like it if you picked up the last used PS4 within a 50 mile radius and it ended up being defective?

Sweet if that is the case I will pay the extra $30 after taxes to get a brand new PS4 for $285 and change. As long as I get the replacement from Sony in time that is but they made it sound like it wouldn't take long at all.

Please don't trade in a defective console. How would you like it if you picked up the last used PS4 within a 50 mile radius and it ended up being defective?
It sounded to me as if they were going to trade it in after repairs. Or at least thats what I gathered from the part about getting it back from Sony in time

I'm not trading in a defective console and I know what it feels like as I received a defective unit on launch day. I will be trading in the replacement I get from Sony as long as I receive it in time and there are new PS4's in stock there. I will be doing it for the peace of mind of having a brand new console versus a refurbished one from Sony.

I'm not trading in a defective console and I know what it feels like as I received a defective unit on launch day. I will be trading in the replacement I get from Sony as long as I receive it in time and there are new PS4's in stock there. I will be doing it for the peace of mind of having a brand new console versus a refurbished one from Sony.
Ah, my apologies then. I must have misread. I know people who have knowingly traded in defective consoles and it's just a dick move.

Got my Gold Wireless Headset $64.33 (G).
Brand new and everything complete and sealed...just two tears on the top of the outer cardboard box.

Just because the way these are packaged I would expect to continue to see them appearing regularly.
I saw a box on the shelf at Best Buy today with identical damage to the one I received from AWD.

Got my PS4 in and got home. It came complete with everything and I am now waiting impatiently while my wife watches TV to test it out.

So positive is that it's here and complete. Box was opened though so it is a return or trade in. Just want it to work to trade it in, but I'm not going to be mad if it doesn't as I can get Sony to fix it.

My ps4 is set to arrive tomorrow, how long does the gamestop promo last? I'd love to trade mine in as I already have a ps4. $390 credit would be nice.

My ps4 is set to arrive tomorrow, how long does the gamestop promo last? I'd love to trade mine in as I already have a ps4. $390 credit would be nice.
23rd of March. But that only means the 50% boost for the base system if traded in for next gen.

That DOESN'T mean that they can't/won't reduce the base price of the PS4 prior to then as I think it's silly/bad business to offer $397 for a $400 MSRP system, even if they are in high demand.

23rd of March. But that only means the 50% boost for the base system if traded in for next gen.

That DOESN'T mean that they can't/won't reduce the base price of the PS4 prior to then as I think it's silly/bad business to offer $397 for a $400 MSRP system, even if they are in high demand.
I just called in and $265 is the TIV for a PS4 and $300 is the TIV for an XBO at GameStop right now. At least for the ones here in Tempe.

Sure, it's $265 now.

But who knows if they reduce the value by the time you get a chance to trade yours in.

Also have to consider whether your GS has a PS4 in stock to trade towards.

I just called in and $265 is the TIV for a PS4 and $300 is the TIV for an XBO at GameStop right now. At least for the ones here in Tempe.
It is the same else where unless you are in Puerto Rico. Things get screwy up there as far a GS TIVs / promos go. Also, those values are on their website as well and of course in JP's GS TIV thread.

GS tiv site: http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values

Back on topic:

:br: Prometheus (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy) (2012) (G) $3.85

POWER A Skylanders SWAP Force Tackle Box Storage (LN) $18.56

:psp: Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (G) $12.86

:wiiu: Sniper Elite V2 (LN) $14.84

So wife finally went to bed and I hooked up my PS4, it's a BLOD. Did all the walk through to fix it and nothing. Oh well Talked with Sony and they are overnighting boxes out to customers for them to send it back in overnight.

They said 7-10 business days possibly, but will be overnighted once again when they are through fixing it.

Never once did they ask for a receipt nor said one was needed. Oh well guess my luck isn't there for me today as I have had 4 AWD trade ins denied (3 should have easily been accepted). But AMZ made an AWD error much better from missing items on the return of a trade in

The form they just sent me says that it is a 1-3 day turn around on product and then overnight both ways, including the box being sent to me overnight. So yeh 5-7 business days is realistic to have a BLOD fixed

BTW here is a FAQ to try and fix your BLOD yourself:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/INFO-Blinking-Blue-Light-PS4-Issues/td-p/42154071

I really expected it to be a faulty system, although I really wanted it to be at least bootable to trade in to GS for a Xbone. But I got a next gen console for $250 so I'm happy even if it is delayed slightly. Secretly I'm hoping the PS4 TiV holds, but deep down I know GS will tank it as it's a ludicrous amount right now.

So wife finally went to bed and I hooked up my PS4, it's a BLOD. Did all the walk through to fix it and nothing. Oh well Talked with Sony and they are overnighting boxes out to customers for them to send it back in overnight.

They said 7-10 business days possibly, but will be overnighted once again when they are through fixing it.

Never once did they ask for a receipt nor said one was needed. Oh well guess my luck isn't there for me today as I have had 4 AWD trade ins denied (3 should have easily been accepted). But AMZ made an AWD error much better from missing items on the return of a trade in
Bummer. :( At least you're getting it repaired for free!

It is the same else where unless you are in Puerto Rico. Things get screwy up there as far a GS TIVs / promos go. Also, those values are on their website as well and of course in JP's GS TIV thread.

Back on topic:

:br: Prometheus (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy) (2012) (G) $3.85

POWER A Skylanders SWAP Force Tackle Box Storage (LN) $18.56

:psp: Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (G) $12.86

:wiiu: Sniper Elite V2 (LN) $14.84
its the same here, exactly the same.....

Yeah mine arrived to brand new. tested it out worked just fine and the codes where unused.

The form they just sent me says that it is a 1-3 day turn around on product and then overnight both ways, including the box being sent to me overnight. So yeh 5-7 business days is realistic to have a BLOD fixed

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/INFO-Blinking-Blue-Light-PS4-Issues/td-p/42154071

I really expected it to be a faulty system, although I really wanted it to be at least bootable to trade in to GS for a Xbone. But I got a next gen console for $250 so I'm happy even if it is delayed slightly. Secretly I'm hoping the PS4 TiV holds, but deep down I know GS will tank it as it's a ludicrous amount right now.
What were the AWD conditions for you guys?

Sony does ask for you to send in receipt with the PS4 - they dont say anything when you request the replacement - its part of the paper work you send. They may still accept AWD receipt.

….
Here is actually down DS2U :) But yes 99% of the time in PR are the same deals, the other 1% that varies is console trade in sometimes they have extra credit bonus.

I was in a friends boat last weekend fishing close to this area (not my pic, the pic shows cayo Palominito). Definitely not a cold place. You are invited if you ever come down.

0.jpg

Sony does ask for you to send in receipt with the PS4 - they dont say anything when you request the replacement - its part of the paper work you send. They may still accept AWD receipt.
I don't feel like getting up to check as to whether or not the warranty is transferable. Even assuming it were not, Sony may elect to bite the bullet and fix the consoles because it keeps people loyal and keeps the vocal minority a little more complacent than they would be otherwise.

Well sad news on my 60GB PS3. Sounds good, Looks good, Worked playing sleeping dogs for a few hours, yet to test a ps2 game though. I popped in the last of us and it has frozen up on me 2 times already. First time made it through 10-15 mins gameplay, after that froze at warning screen.

No bueno :/
FYI, i had a similar experience with a fat ps3 of mine. My Blu-Ray drive was bad. You might want to trouble shoot a downloadable game or something to make sure though.

Here is actually down DS2U :) But yes 99% of the time in PR are the same deals, the other 1% that varies is console trade in sometimes they have extra credit bonus.

I was in a friends boat last weekend fishing close to this area (not my pic, the pic shows cayo Palominito). Definitely not a cold place. You are invited if you ever come down.

0.jpg
Escaping from the rivers of blood. You can't fool me!

I don't feel like getting up to check as to whether or not the warranty is transferable. Even assuming it were not, Sony may elect to bite the bullet and fix the consoles because it keeps people loyal and keeps the vocal minority a little more complacent than they would be otherwise.
Yeah, from what I've seen online, Sony isn't very strict about the receipt with BLOD consoles.

Thanks for the link and info.

I hope GS retains the value of the trade-in in time for you to upgrade to a new one once your replacement gets back. Very cool of Sony to take care of its customers like that.

I'm kinda expecting the same thing once mine arrives later this week, at least this gives a little peace of mind.

I would like some snow...never see it here...damn 80 degree Cali winter
Never been to Tahoe? Great place to get your snow on if you are able to drive up there.

Your link wasn't working but I've seen one that lists the PS4 as $344 and XBO as $390. I wish. No idea how to talk them into those TIVs, lol.

Ya to Tempe. I live in tempe too.

What Gamestop do you go to?

I hit Tempe Marketplace.
Usually Tempe Marketplace. Sometimes I go to Arizona Mills if I need to get something they don't have, though.

Yeah mine arrived to brand new. tested it out worked just fine and the codes where unused.
I know my XBO isn't coming brand new but I'm hoping it comes with a controller at least. I don't need another HDMI cable - I already have too many for the ports I have.

bread's done
Back