Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

A $277 VG ps4 popped up I got it, sounded like a dinger. Missing headset and USB cable =\

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my PS4 [VG] this afternoon.

Ran the system update and so far (knock on wood) the system works without any issues. Tried a Bluray and it plays great. System is surprisingly quiet. Connected it to the internet and it's downloading some PS+ games as I type this.

Only thing missing was the usb-micro usb cord, but I'll take that over a missing controller.
You're doing it wrong. That missing cable is $60 back into your pocket right there.

It was a guaranteed delivery dateNever had this happen before. It is a AWD purchase btw. If it is due to a storm like the above then I understand. Just pisses me off when I make plans to be home so I can receive it and it doesn't show.
The warehouse has been blowing more and more, I know we can get deals, but I just received a tripod I needed and it was broken, dirty, and described as like new.

I wrote to Amazon that I want a refund and I'll deposit it in the trash either way and buy a new one. No response yet. I'm busy, not going to waste 30 minutes of my life to package and return when they're sloppy on their end.

Sorry, long day.

EDIT: They told me to keep it and they'll refund me. I will still throw it out! At least they took care of it, but only video game AWD for me.

I snagged an Acceptable DKC:TF for $29.68, but I'm not sure about the description:

"Item not in the original case. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes blahblahblah... Small mark on disk. Item is missing insert. Large cut/scratch on Cover Art. Large wrinkle/bend on Cover Art."

Is that really a dinger description (that first sentence worries me the most)? Do I let it go...? :???:

I snagged an Acceptable DKC:TF for $29.68, but I'm not sure about the description:

"Item not in the original case. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes blahblahblah... Small mark on disk. Item is missing insert. Large cut/scratch on Cover Art. Large wrinkle/bend on Cover Art."

Is that really a dinger description (that first sentence worries me the most)? Do I let it go...? :???:
None of that triggers a dinger description.

what is your definition of a dinger? Sounds like an employee sliced it with a box cutter then foot stomped the case.

Just got my .hack Part 1: Infection listed in good conditon for $4.49 and this baby is complete and in mint condition :bouncy:

Also, got my Forza Motorsport 4 LE listed in good condition for $9.38 and 2 things I noticed off the bat. One it reeks of cigarette smoke odor (gonna air it out / febreeze it). Two, AWD went above and beyond to stickerfy thise LE. The steelbook had stickers 4 layers deep and so did the artbook and the sleeve. Otherwise the thing is complete and in great condition.

On the note of [N]eed [F]or peed xb1, I tried ordering and immediately it got cancelled back when this thing went live, kind of glad it did not go through reading through all of what seemed to have been returns / defective units meant for some sort of QA testing /

repairing before hitting the AWD. I will wait for a holiday bundle to take the plunge on one of those.

Back on topic:

:ps4::ps3::vita::psp::pc: Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (G) $74.98

:3ds: Pokémon X (VG) $23.18

So mad I did not get a PS4. One clicked three sperate ones that popped up over the last 5 minutes or so, but did not get any of them. Stupid being out and on my phone.

You do realize thats the two main reasons it wont be, right? what about the mark on the disk?
The only reason I haven't canceled my 1-click order yet is that we've seen instances of AWD overreacting when it comes to descriptions, and I wasn't sure if this could be one of those instances.

The only reason I haven't canceled my 1-click order yet is that we've seen instances of AWD overreacting when it comes to descriptions, and I wasn't sure if this could be one of those instances.
Too many issues with that description. Still not a bad deal for a disk only newer Wii U game.

Yeah there is no way someone manually types the description every time. I would keep the order and see how it pans out. I'd say 75/25 dinger.

Got my $250 PS4 and its DOA . The fan sounds like a jet engine and the drive isn't recognizing blu ray movies or PS4 games. Oh well, Not sure if Sony will do anything.

On the note of [N]eed [F]or peed xb1, I tried ordering and immediately it got cancelled back when this thing went live, kind of glad it did not go through reading through all of what seemed to have been returns / defective units meant for some sort of QA testing /

repairing before hitting the AWD. I will wait for a holiday bundle to take the plunge on one of those.
You're probably right about them being returns / defective units meant for some sort of QA testing. On the barcode of my ps4 has a AWD sticker with a barcode and "Replacement Console - PS4"

Then over that sticker there is another warehouse deals sticker with a barcode and it says "Not for Sale - Replacement Console - PS4"

I'm not sure exactly what my point is. I guess that at one point my console was considered "Replacement Console - PS4" but something happened that they decided to change it to "Not for Sale - Replacement Console - PS4"

I wonder what the stickers say on the consoles that people legitimately bought from the regular old Amazon Warehouse Deals page. Probably just "Replacement Console - PS4"

You're probably right about them being returns / defective units meant for some sort of QA testing. On the barcode of my ps4 has a AWD sticker with a barcode and "Replacement Console - PS4"

Then over that sticker there is another warehouse deals sticker with a barcode and it says "Not for Sale - Replacement Console - PS4"

I'm not sure exactly what my point is. I guess that at one point my console was considered "Replacement Console - PS4" but something happened that they decided to change it to "Not for Sale - Replacement Console - PS4"

I wonder what the stickers say on the consoles that people legitimately bought from the regular old Amazon Warehouse Deals page. Probably just "Replacement Console - PS4"
I bought mine from regular AWD and it wasn't replacement console. It had the yellow AWD sticker that said WHD PS4 Console over the barcode and another sticker with serial info on it.

:ps4::ps3::vita::pc: Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset (A) $88.99

:ps3: Hitman: Absolution (Professional Edition) (LN) $14.28

:ps3: Tales of Graces f (A) $27.88 (G) $30.21 (LN) $34.85
:ps3: Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist Of Arland (LN) $24.19
:ps3: Tales of Xillia (A) $23.74 (G) $25.71 (LN) $29.67
:ps3: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (G) $22.73 (LN) $26.22
:ps3: Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (A) $22.05 (G) $23.89 (LN) $27.56
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (A) $16.77 (G) $18.17 (LN) $20.96
:ps3: Doom 3 BFG Edition (VG) $13.48

:ps2: Star Ocean Till the End of Time (G from Tech Supply Center) $8.99 (LN) $13.58

:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Limited Edition Pink Ribbon (A from NextWorth) $42.29 (A) $42.29

:360: Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition (G) $23.93
:360: Mass Effect Trilogy (G) $20.59
:360: The Walking Dead (A) $16.39 (LN) $20.48

Here is actually down DS2U :) But yes 99% of the time in PR are the same deals, the other 1% that varies is console trade in sometimes they have extra credit bonus.

I was in a friends boat last weekend fishing close to this area (not my pic, the pic shows cayo Palominito). Definitely not a cold place. You are invited if you ever come down.

0.jpg
Just catching up to the thread, and I stand corrected with "up there" line and where you are is freaking awesome. I love fishing so that is really cool area to be in right about now and by the looks of your avatar pic and your comments, looks like you do too. I appreciate the invite and may take you up on it if I ever come down to visit. :D

Hope that means you got the golds finally. Love my working pair I finally got after getting 3 different ones.

Hope yours come complete and work great.
Thanks man! I noticed mine is on backorder until the 8th so hopefully I don't get stuck with the missing dongle return.

bread's done
Back