Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

I have a quick off-topicish question:

Has anybody ever ordered from one of the third party stores?

One of them is listing the Battlefield Launch bundle for 390.00 but when I emailed the email address listed, I got the same exact reply that I received from a different third party store. So, two 'different' third party stores, two different email address, same exact reply from both.

My renewal date for Student Prime was last month, so here's to one more great year of Prime!
I'll have to pay the new price and I could care less. If you have Prime then you must order more then a couple things on Amazon every couple weeks because that's the way to take advantage of it. I just hope the extra money goes to Amazon giving it to the delivery services so they can actually deliver my stuff on Saturday... FEDEX.

I'll have to pay the new price and I could care less. If you have Prime then you must order more then a couple things on Amazon every couple weeks because that's the way to take advantage of it. I just hope the extra money goes to Amazon giving it to the delivery services so they can actually deliver my stuff on Saturday... FEDEX.
Can't you renew now at the lower price? Will you lose the time between now and your posted renewal date?

I think Im the only one that understands the new price. 

Obviously Im very unhappy about having to pay more, but I have to say Amazon is right...the price of gas alone has risen in the last 9 years to the point that they have to raise the price of prime accordingly...:/

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime is gay anyways. I usually buy from third party sellers anyways so idc about amazon prime.
Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

FedEx has an incredibly poor system at making changes. 

I live in a gated apartment complex.  The few times my shipments get fulfilled by FedEx they always make a stop at my complex before the leasing office is open so they just mark it as "delivery attempted" and I've had to chase them down at their local facility to pick up items myself.  Despite me calling in to FedEx customer service numerous times and explaining to them that if they don't have keys to an apartment complex, that they should use common sense and stop by from 8 - 5pm, they still continue to come in the AM hours before anybody can help them.  What is the point of dropping by a place so early that you can't even get into in the first place?  If it was possible to label a company as a dumbass, it'd be them.

They also have my cell phone number on file and there were times I was actually at home and the delivery guy didn't bother calling my number when I could have simply opened the door for them. 

So for me: USPS > UPS > OnTrac > shit > FedEx

Phew! My renewal just happend on March 9th lol... I don't mind $20 more, but I really hope this means they stop using the SurePost crap that delays packages by 1-2 days. I'm sure they won't though.

Yes, I checked the tracking before complaining. Was supposed to have three FedEx and two UPS today.
Are they coming from different FedEx locations then? One time I had delivery service deliver a package in the morning and then another in the evening they were same delivery company but when the items were shipped they came through different routes ending up in different delivery service locations for final delivery

Are they coming from different FedEx locations then? One time I had delivery service deliver a package in the morning and then another in the evening they were same delivery company but when the items were shipped they came through different routes ending up in different delivery service locations for final delivery
All came from the same but just now a different FedEx truck pulled up a whole 15 minutes later with them. Model of efficiency right there.

Seriously FedEx, go die in a fire.  There's one spot on the whole entire porch that's wet and it's a big puddle, the rest is fairly dry.  The guy just tossed the stuff in the puddle.

In my experience, Fedex is hands down better than UPS. I have to pick up packages daily for my job from UPS and Fedex, and I rarely ever have issues with Fedex. UPS, on the other hand, is always a complete cluster. Also, bad weather seems to set UPS behind by a week, whether it's half an inch of snow or a snowstorm.

In my experience, Fedex is hands down better than UPS. I have to pick up packages daily for my job from UPS and Fedex, and I rarely ever have issues with Fedex. UPS, on the other hand, is always a complete cluster. Also, bad weather seems to set UPS behind by a week, whether it's half an inch of snow or a snowstorm.
Obviously it depends in the location & the driver.

Such a pointless point

TDumbDr

For those who will have their Prime membership renewed after April 17, SD has a trick to lock in another year for $79. Basically gift your email an Amazon Prime 1-Year membership and it can even be delivered in the future, up to one year.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6784580-heads-up-amazon-prime-price-increases-to-99-49-for-students-on-4-17?
So basically someone could sign up for Prime today then gift themselves a year before the change and have two full years at the current price.

Question for Prime. If "end membership" now, do I lose my prime benefits or do I keep it for the next 10 months? I started Feb but have not plans to give into their price hike.

So slightly off topic, but I managed to snag a LN PS4 (waiting for it to ship) and today one of the Xbox Ones that was $100 off. Someone talk me into either keeping both or ditching one of them. It's a lot of cash at once but I'm willing to be convinced.
I would only keep one right now. So either decide if Titanfall, Forza, DR3 and Ryse are games you want to play

Or if Killzone, knack, second son are the games you would rather prefer.

Spec wise they are close enough to the same that you won't care about the difference unless you are a true videophile.

PS4 has 15 minute record time on games. One only has 5.

Twitch streaming looks awesome on One (when it works). PS4 look mediocre.

Both are behind pay walls now.

One is $100 more but comes with Kinect. Only semi useful, but is nice for voice commands when watching shows etc because you never need tofind a controller. Just say xbox on and it will recognize your face, log you in and you can start all apps without needing to find a controller. Nice if you have a family, especially of little kids so they don't need to bang up your controller to watch TV. Along with commands like snap, record that (saves last 5 minutes of feed to xbox) etc it is helpful but no way worth $100 right now.

But its $100

Amazon had auto enrolled me today. I decided not to renew my subscription so I canceled it. It was good in the beginning when I was horde mode. After several months with no decent sales, streaming is the same as Netflix, and sometimes shipping takes longer with prime than standard, I saw no need to renew. 

The less of you that have prime the more chances I'm afforded at getting $2 games. I'm ok with that ;D

My Prime's not going up in price until September of 2015, so I'm content for now. When the time comes, though, I may not renew, as I don't usually find myself needing something within a two-day span - but when I do, it inevitably gets delayed somehow (but then they at least give me a credit of some sort for the problem). Don't really use the streaming service, either, especially since they seemed to have dropped King of the Hill from their lineup.

As for FedEx versus UPS... I've had bad experiences with both. I've had FedEx drivers lie to their system and claim that my packages are being delivered on time, when they're actually waiting until the next day to get them to me (past the guaranteed delivery date). UPS, on the other hand, has given my packages to neighbors on a few occasions now (but thankfully my neighbors are honest enough to bring them over to me).

It's funny, but USPS has really been good to me lately, to the point where I prefer having them over UPS or FedEx. And you know what? I haven't seem them use Prestige in a long, long time, which is the greatest gift I could ever ask for from them. Hated them with a passion.

Seriously FedEx, go die in a fire. There's one spot on the whole entire porch that's wet and it's a big puddle, the rest is fairly dry. The guy just tossed the stuff in the puddle.
I'm wondering why FedEx is so bad in the locations you guys are all in. I've never had problems with their delivery or had issues with the item being damaged from them.

So I opened my ps4 to check it out. No hdmi and no charging cable for controller. That looks like a regular micro USB charger, right? Will it charge connected to like a wall USB jack? I have it plugged in but no indication that its actually charging. Gotta stop and grab a game to see if it actually works after I get off work. I will say that the serial in box and machine done match up so my expectation is that it won't work. So I'll hope for the best

The less of you that have prime the more chances I'm afforded at getting $2 games. I'm ok with that ;D
nah you'll have less money so it evens out. Some of us just order stuff and either have enough filler or take the 4$ shipping and live with it. They can also possibly use that not recommended eldritch method and wait till they have enough stuff for fsss as well.

I would easily pay for prime if I could get free shipping with nothing else for 20 a year. maybe 40 if they changed it to cover everything on amazon (since the majority of my purchases tend to be used). I wouldn't mind my stuff just being shipped every week or 2 together to cut costs assuming I would be purchasing more than I currently do from amazon.

[quote name="Prison Mike" post="11607084" timestamp="1394725778"][quote name="rcgam3r" post="11607071" timestamp="1394725416"]Prime is gay anyways. I usually buy from third party sellers anyways so idc about amazon prime.[/quote]
Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif
[/quote]
Still cheaper than many games from awd :p

bread's done
Back