Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

So I just saw that Prime went up to $99 for regular and $49 for Student. Glad mine expired last month so I am good for almost a year at the lower price.  How has the rage been over this?  Still a good deal if you use all their offerings but if you are using it just for shipping $100 might be getting close to too steep.

Condition doesn't mean much on AWD now days. It use to be more consistent.
yea, the description is more important than the generic categorizing; got several like new stuff when it was labeled good and vice versa

cancerman1120, on 13 Mar 2014 - 7:15 PM, said:
So I just saw that Prime went up to $99 for regular and $49 for Student. Glad mine expired last month so I am good for almost a year at the lower price. How has the rage been over this? Still a good deal if you use all their offerings but if you are using it just for shipping $100 might be getting close to too steep.
I can understand why they had to do it, hopefully ppl will be able to get 1yr at $39 if their's is expiring soon. Mine says I will get the $39 rate come Sept so kind of lucky there. Think $49, its still worth it but does make me consider dropping it esp with Shoprunner extending my membership for free. $5 increase might have been less severe but profits gotta profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, what are your opinions on gaming with a ps3 headset? I found a stereo headset for a really decent price and it has nearly perfect reviews, but I was wondering if it was worth spending the money on. Does it make the experience more immersive/better? I probably wouldn't use it for MP, but for just gaming in general. Or is it a thing best strictly for MP?

Condition doesn't mean much on AWD now days. It use to be more consistent.
I know, I'm just miffed that I paid $20 more for a "worse" condition (though it arrived pretty much in new condition). I'm not that upset, though, considering how quickly PS4s vanish from AWD.

Hey guys, what are your opinions on gaming with a ps3 headset? I found a stereo headset for a really decent price and it has nearly perfect reviews, but I was wondering if it was worth spending the money on. Does it make the experience more immersive/better? I probably wouldn't use it for MP, but for just gaming in general. Or is it a thing best strictly for MP?
Playing a game like Dead Space with and without a headset is night and day in my opinion. If it has virtual surround sound then it is even better. If do a lot of MP FPS then it definitely can help in those. I love having a headset unless it gives me a headache which does happen.

on my phone but Mario and Luigi 3DS XL for $134 is really good

if I wasn't saving up for a comp I'd buy it

oh well
:ps4: PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller (G) $38.58
:ps4: Thief (G) $38.60

browse-icon-pstation._V192599299_.gif
Chrono Cross (A) $9.22

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS XL, Silver - Mario & Luigi Dream team Limited Edition (G) $138.34

Jumped on the $38.60 Thief. I know it hasn't been getting great reviews but I love stealth gameplay and I wanna play it anyways.
Gameplay wise it isn't bad. Story and writing leaves something to be desired but if you aren't playing it like it is COD, you will enjoy it for what it is, a stealth gameplay at heart.

Gameplay wise it isn't bad. Story and writing leaves something to be desired but if you aren't playing it like it is COD, you will enjoy it for what it is, a stealth gameplay at heart.
that is why i am probably going to pass on this game unless it is $10 or less. it is very similar to dishonored. i try playing dishonored the cod style/ rambo all out style. i was literally dying left and right. LOL i probably died atleast 20 times before i finally finished the entire game.

I agree with this. I've been playing it slowly and the writing I think is awful, but I love playing stealthy characters in anything like this so I appreciate the ability to not be forced into combat and stuff. I've always preferred sneaking and stealing to just killing everything in sight.

Nice! $30 credit for cancelled $23 DS lite! You did good! The most they ever offer me is $5, lol. I'm scared to push because I don't want to get banned. I call customer service whenever I have an issue (which has been often lately). They gave me credit for BD being damaged, they incorrectly rejected my game one time and it arrived damaged, so they gave me the trade in value PLUS let me keep the game, and I've had a lot of items pushed to one day shipping. I still have like $600 amazon credit, so it'd majorly suck if I got banned.
I attempted to order a NFS Xbox One alongside the DS Lite. Cancelled immediately. Once I saw that it was cancelled. I attempted to order another DS Lite. By that time, they were sold out. I contacted CS, and the rep was rude as hell. Even their supervisor didn't want to help me out. I then sent them an email, and I received the next email with the free credit. Just don't know what to spend it on, lol.

I attempted to order a NFS Xbox One alongside the DS Lite. Cancelled immediately. Once I saw that it was cancelled. I attempted to order another DS Lite. By that time, they were sold out. I contacted CS, and the rep was rude as hell. Even their supervisor didn't want to help me out. I then sent them an email, and I received the next email with the free credit. Just don't know what to spend it on, lol
Please tell me you didn't use the NOT FOR SALE Xbox One as a point, and only contacted them about the Ds Lite.

Well back to my normal AWD luck after getting a couple factory sealed games. My Nintendoland w/ Luigimote that was supposed to be a wrinkle dinger was just a used copy of Nintendo Land.

Boo, then the one that was just up got ordered by someone else.

They were going for $190-$200 the week before and after release on eBay. I shouldn't be but I' continually surprised at how much over MSRP people will pay for some CE.

Edit: A worse example is the FF HD CE that is still in stock at Square Enix store yet going for ~$30-$40 over MSRP last I checked...crazy!!
I guess but those are also prices for undamaged units presumably.

So much so, I got a headset over the summer and compared to TV speakers it's a world of difference. TV speakers suck in general but there's so much subtlety built into game sound that you just don't even know about if you're playing through TV speakers. For example when I got a headset I was playing MLB 13 a lot and never even knew that there was that hiss of the ball cutting through the air until I had the headset.

So Got my VG PS4 home, works fine so far.  Gamed and bluray no problem, PSN installed and everything, currently playing KZ: Shadowfall on my Vita in the tub :)  Life is complete.  Debating keeping an eye out to snag one for a flip to help pay off this one or get an Xbox One.  Will have to contact Amazon as it did not have a controller charge cable, nor HDMI cable, as the listing said all accessories were included.

Well back to my normal AWD luck after getting a couple factory sealed games. My Nintendoland w/ Luigimote that was supposed to be a wrinkle dinger was just a used copy of Nintendo Land.

I guess but those are also prices for undamaged units presumably.

So much so, I got a headset over the summer and compared to TV speakers it's a world of difference. TV speakers suck in general but there's so much subtlety built into game sound that you just don't even know about if you're playing through TV speakers. For example when I got a headset I was playing MLB 13 a lot and never even knew that there was that hiss of the ball cutting through the air until I had the headset.
Yay! I'm excited then. I bought these turtle beach speakers before and I didn't particularly think it was worth the cost, but I ordered the OFFICIAL PS3 headset, and it has like 4.5/5 stars and 1,143 reviews, so I figure they must be better. They're coming on Saturday (assuming they don't get delayed), so I'm really excited for them.

Speaking of delays, I was supposed to get a package yesterday and it got delayed due to "inclement weather conditions". There was a bad winter storm yesterday so that, I understand. But today was PERFECTLY FINE and it said "out for delivery as of 5:32 AM this morning". Nothing until 7:30, gets delayed AGAIN for the same reason. I have two packages coming from UPS tomorrow so I think they're just being lazy and plan on delivering all 3 together. Kind of makes me mad though. Especially now that they're bumping prime up to $100. I know they're not going to change ANYTHING about the way things get shipped. It's not exactly amazon's fault, but still... UPS seems to hate me, and I've gotten prestige more than a few times. Sometimes prestige is great, and other times they conveniently "lose the package" and then amazon wants me to wait like 7 days for it to come.

I noticed. It's almost always at the top of the thread. Plus a lot of people want the cheap consoles.
I was one of the lucky few who did score the cheap consoles and seen the cheap consoles on numerous occasions since spotting them last summer so I can understand. They still pop up but not as frequently and every now and then I see one and it still gets my blood rushing like the 1st day I saw them. Look forward to some other deals down the road. Eld and few others have a better chance at them at this point since I am not here as often.

Agreed, that the headsets do make a difference. Playing fps games, I was able to isolate footsteps and anticipate the direction of player / gunfire sound to react accordingly. Amazing how subtle differences in sound makes a significant difference. It also, immerses you into the game. Also, I could play at night without disturbing the peace which was a plus.

Anyways, I will see you all later. Happy hunting fellow CAGs. :)

bread's done
Back