Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
the $83 acceptable 60gb ps3 I got is practically a dinger :hot: :hot:

nary a scratch on this thing, complete, and it works like a charm.  Makes up for the earlier debacle.

I canceled that $83 ps3. Oh well, congrats. I worry about their durability is the reason I canceled it.
I tried canceling it too but it was too late. The first 60gb I bought looked great and worked for about an hour before crapping out on me. This could be the same. Plus, there were 5 or 6 of these available, the odds that this is the one you canceled are low.

Not sure why you guys buy these older ps3s for backwards comparability when they already have a ps3. Why not just grab a ps2 for way cheaper to go along with your ps3 which is almost guaranteed to not crap out?

Not sure why you guys buy these older ps3s for backwards comparability when they already have a ps3. Why not just grab a ps2 for way cheaper to go along with your ps3 which is almost guaranteed to not crap out?
Because most PS2 games look horrible on a HDTV when played on a PS2.

Everything except the dongle.

Correct guess, sir. I must say, they are mighty, mighty comfortable though. They absolutely blow my Razer Kraken Pro out of the water in that regard. I'll test the sound in a bit with the cable, but no donger, no go.
The sound is actually better with the cable than over the wireless USB dongle. Unless you mean cabled to DualShock, which I never tried. Plugging directly into laptop and then listening to the same stuff over wireless really surprised me. Wireless is a much flatter sound, almost like it's underamped. Still very good for the price and feature set. Just be prepared to see a step down on the sound after you get a replacement set with a dongle and start using it wirelessly.

Only reason I took a chance on it is the A to Z guarantee Amazon.
Which could take a month+ to reimburse your money. Lot of money tied up into what is likely a scam, but remember this in the future.

The sound is actually better with the cable than over the wireless USB dongle. Unless you mean cabled to DualShock, which I never tried. Plugging directly into laptop and then listening to the same stuff over wireless really surprised me. Wireless is a much flatter sound, almost like it's underamped. Still very good for the price and feature set. Just be prepared to see a step down on the sound after you get a replacement set with a dongle and start using it wirelessly.
Really? That is a bit odd, considering the 7.1 sound is through wireless/dongle. Also want to use them with my PS3. That said, man, they are so comfortable and easy on the ears. I was prepared for them to be middling, but way, way better. The build is great, in my opinion.

Already sent them back, but ordered a new pair. I'll just offload my Kraken's, so the hit won't be that much. Thanks for the advice @FIF, coming to my rescue once again. :grouphug:

Which could take a month+ to reimburse your money. Lot of money tied up into what is likely a scam, but remember this in the future.

Really? That is a bit odd, considering the 7.1 sound is through wireless/dongle. Also want to use them with my PS3. That said, man, they are so comfortable and easy on the ears. I was prepared for them to be middling, but way, way better. The build is great, in my opinion.

Already sent them back, but ordered a new pair. I'll just offload my Kraken's, so the hit won't be that much. Thanks for the advice @FIF, coming to my rescue once again. :grouphug:
Hah. You just stumbled upon the best deals going. I've gone through a lot of headsets (a lot of buy-and-return) and the Golds are among the best. A50's and Steel H's are better, sure, but the price:performance ratio on the Gold's is nuts. Nothing else at their pricepoint comes close.

It's really unfortunate that the no-dongle pairs keep re-circulating. Sony really should offer replacement dongles for $10-15. They're so damn tiny that people must lose them all the time.

SJD....$278.xx isn't that much money to take a chance on getting the deal especially when Amazon covers the risk. Remember this in the future......

SJD....$278.xx isn't that much money to take a chance on getting the deal especially when Amazon covers the risk. Remember this in the future......
:shame:

Hah. You just stumbled upon the best deals going. I've gone through a lot of headsets (a lot of buy-and-return) and the Golds are among the best. A50's and Steel H's are better, sure, but the price:performance ratio on the Gold's is nuts. Nothing else at their pricepoint comes close.

It's really unfortunate that the no-dongle pairs keep re-circulating. Sony really should offer replacement dongles for $10-15. They're so damn tiny that people must lose them all the time.
I guess that is the reason they're traded in too. People lose the dongles, and trade it in, Amazon not knowing any better.

All you need is a halfway decent PC and you can make most any ps2 game look amazing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GMrKYeJhg
PS2 games looks decent, PS3 version is pretty, but the real standouts are those gorgeous CG scenes. Man, SE had that nailed down in the PS2 generation.

All you need is a halfway decent PC and you can make most any ps2 game look amazing..
Sold. I'm going to sell my copy of FFX/X-2 remastered and my BC ps3. Time to just download all the games, right? Might as well sell my Wii and do that as well.

Still looks bad on the PS3.
If you're comparing it to the remaster, yeah it's not going to look as good. But it's a lot better than what it originally looked like before they upgraded the firmware to 1.50 and 1.80. Jaggies galore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoCD9TwLrVs

That is why I separate my systems depending on TV. Cause the older systems have always looked awful on HDTV's and if you going to play a old system might as well play it on a old tv for the full original experience.

I play my ps2, Nintendo retro systems, sega genesis, Atari and etc on this TV ($3.50 at Goodwill) lmao

TRN69cE.jpg

And Then my Xbox 360, xbox one, ps4, and wii u on this tv.

DbBYR8F.jpg

Welp, I just got an email from Amazon about how they're going to cancel my student rate Prime membership with no refund based on my current purchasing habits.  Of course they send me this after they've raised the price of Prime.

Welp, I just got an email from Amazon about how they're going to cancel my student rate Prime membership with no refund based on my current purchasing habits. Of course they send me this after they've raised the price of Prime.
Sadpanda99's plan worked.

Welp, I just got an email from Amazon about how they're going to cancel my student rate Prime membership with no refund based on my current purchasing habits. Of course they send me this after they've raised the price of Prime.
did it say something like this:

Hello,

We're writing to you because we have concerns regarding the ordering behavior on your Amazon.com account with an Amazon Student Prime membership. Your purchasing activity is similar to patterns we've seen when Amazon Student Prime shipping benefits are used to deliver products for the purpose of resale, to ship to customers (or potential customers), for items purchased on behalf of a business, school, or organization, or otherwise not for personal use.

If future activity on your account continues to follow a pattern inconsistent with personal use, we may terminate your Student Prime Membership without refund (if applicable) and without further warning.

lol yea I got that same email before but not since last year in summer when I had a order of probably like 200 different blu rays and dvds spread out over 4 orders in a one hour period lol
Well if they cancel my Prime they cancel it I suppose. Not like they're giving me an option to upgrade or anything reasonable. Long as they don't ban me I suppose.

Well if they cancel my Prime they cancel it I suppose. Not like they're giving me an option to upgrade or anything reasonable. Long as they don't ban me I suppose.
My guess is because your buying habits resemble a dealer than a normal person's buying habit. You do tend to buy a lot of stuff and then sometimes decide thereafter if you really want it. Amazon has been watching you for sometime so this comes as no surprise. Obviously, if I were you I would watch what I buy and how much of it.

If this is the first step then the next one will be the returns ratio to your buying ratio as in your buy ratio having dropped and your returns still being consitent they will have a reason to flag your account. Look at Maynard. He already got a warning shot and I have a feeling he is nowhere near your level in terms of buying and returning stuff.

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="11704761" timestamp="1398116834"]That is why I separate my systems depending on TV. Cause the older systems have always looked awful on HDTV's and if you going to play a old system might as well play it on a old tv for the full original experience.

I play my ps2, Nintendo retro systems, sega genesis, Atari and etc on this TV ($3.50 at Goodwill) lmao
TRN69cE.jpg

And Then my Xbox 360, xbox one, ps4, and wii u on this tv.
DbBYR8F.jpg
[/quote]

I'm the same way. RCA cable systems all go to a CRT. HDMI systems go to the HDTV. The old systems look beautiful on the CRT, better than any "HD remaster" does.

I ordered a (VG) Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on Saturday - got it today and I tried it on 2 different 3DS's and it comes up initially as unreadable then after I popped it out and back in again - it comes up as 'Cubic Ninja'.

Nothing looks fishy about it at all - the sticker on the cartridge doesn't look tampered with it is flush with the cartridge. So if it's not tested or my warning to Amazon not heeded - I wouldn't be surprised if it's re-listed on AWD - it's a pretty convincing knock-off.

Regardless of which Prime account you have, if Amazon suspects you are using them as a dropship service your account is at serious risk of the banhammer.

woah, how many orders do you have in the last 6 months? if it's not confidential to disclose.

Regardless of which Prime account you have, if Amazon suspects you are using them as a dropship service your account is at serious risk of the banhammer.
Yeah I was looking at the terms and see that now. Basically they're making my decision on getting rid of Prime a lot easier.

I received the dreaded, "You have returned a lot of stuff in the last 2 months, let's work together to fix that" email from Amazon. Have to be careful with AWD sometimes because I unfortunately have not been lucky with items and had to return them. They track 60-90 day return records and mine may look high. I've had very low return volumes forever so I'm sure that's why I'm not getting banned. Just giving you guys a heads up!

77 orders since January 1st, 2014 with 19 of them returned. Not really a large amount of returns. I bought 2 TV's in that time and 2 were defective, one a AWD had nasty ghosting and the other was not sealed properly. I replaced the one that was not sealed and kept it. I'm guessing due to a couple of bigger items being returned it flagged me, I took pictures of the defects and had them attach them to the returns.

When you consider that what I returned I documented, took pictures of and notified Amazon of, no I don't think that's a lot. I believe they should work on consistency and quality control with Amazon Warehouse Deals. How many PS4's have arrived broken and/or not working? They may already have a division in their AWD division that tests items, but clearly it's not working as it should.

All Amazon orders, I choose not to use 3rd party sellers unless I absolutely have to.

Here's an example of the TV they sent me that was snapping into place as I lifted it out of the box. It was causing nasty lightbleed on the top and bottom. I just asked a replacement be sent, they did, I sent them the pictures. Should I be penalized because UPS doesn't handle their packages properly?

I plan on calling today to see what I should do going forward, but I'll be extremely cautious going forward because I don't feel like Amazon has my back if I get something that doesn't work properly. Well, they'll have my back just for that return, but then close my account.
Talked to a really nice Amazon rep for about an hour about my account. Bottom line is, if you're making a large number of purchases that's fine. They're watching for refunds, which I've had 53 since 2010. That does not seem like a lot to me, but apparently they're not digging it. She advised me to reply to the email that was sent to me and give a very detail write up as to what happened, why I returned it. When I told her a majority of the returns have been since I've started shopping on AWD she let out a big "Ohhhhhh well that's why", she even mentioned she's had to return items to them. It's odd because it seems like AWD is an entire different company to Amazon. So moral of the story is don't get a ton of refunds, try to replace the item and Amazon will be cool with you. Unless you're Eldritch or that other guy who buys pants.

I ordered a (VG) Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on Saturday - got it today and I tried it on 2 different 3DS's and it comes up initially as unreadable then after I popped it out and back in again - it comes up as 'Cubic Ninja'.

Nothing looks fishy about it at all - the sticker on the cartridge doesn't look tampered with it is flush with the cartridge. So if it's not tested or my warning to Amazon not heeded - I wouldn't be surprised if it's re-listed on AWD - it's a pretty convincing knock-off.
That's crazy. I would never think to check a 3DS cart. Just got my Bravely Default from AWD today. Gonna check it just in case.

Yeah, hopefully it's more about the spike there than the amount/what I order. Usually it's 3-4 returns over two months but it's 16 refunds the last two months. Of course 13 of those are from AWD sending me the wrong thing or something that doesn't work. The other 3 were Amazon themselves sending me something crazy damaged (those South Park CEs). That's spiked me up significantly and assuming Amazon is like most retailers where 3-5% with a certain number of returns gets you flagged that might have been it. I did have to get CS to issue me a return label earlier today for the last AWD problem child I had sitting around (been trying to space them out a bit since I got a bunch all at once.

That's crazy. I would never think to check a 3DS cart. Just got my Bravely Default from AWD today. Gonna check it just in case.

Gotta check everything from AWD.

My game that said it would be repackaged came today, in the original packaging! Woooooooooooo

But I guess it is beat up/torn pretty bad :p

Yeah, I'm seeing that after being on CAG long enough. I usually check discs for scratches, but I just take carts at face value. Time for that to change. Testing every game from now on.
Gotta at least make sure everything boots. Plenty of flawless WiiU discs circulating that just don't work.

Talked to a really nice Amazon rep for about an hour about my account. Bottom line is, if you're making a large number of purchases that's fine. They're watching for refunds, which I've had 53 since 2010. That does not seem like a lot to me, but apparently they're not digging it. She advised me to reply to the email that was sent to me and give a very detail write up as to what happened, why I returned it. When I told her a majority of the returns have been since I've started shopping on AWD she let out a big "Ohhhhhh well that's why", she even mentioned she's had to return items to them. It's odd because it seems like AWD is an entire different company to Amazon. So moral of the story is don't get a ton of refunds, try to replace the item and Amazon will be cool with you. Unless you're Eldritch or that other guy who buys pants.
Maynard, this is not as much targeted at you as it is to the rest who don't know this and I am quoting the op:

"What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?

From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon."

This is why thier shipping sucks compared to Amazon's. You order something from Amazon directly and things go as planned but you order things from AWD and things can go any which way from shipping to the quality of the merchandise being received. I am very careful in what I order and return and sometimes the returns cannot be avoided given an item's condition and functionality. AWD is a gamble when it comes to certain things as a whole, not just on the gaming side of things.

This is why thier shipping sucks compared to Amazon's.
Correct me if I'm wrong but everything I've gotten from them seems to come from the exact same warehouses they do FBA from which means that it's Amazon shipping it.

Woah, didn't expect Rye to get that nasty email of all people on cag.

I'm banned from just about everywhere else for one reason or another. :whee:

Gonna Google around a bit tonight and see what I can find and maybe contact them tomorrow and see if there is a specific reason/behavior they're pinpointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back