Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh they all worked just fine and many of then are available in other regions so it's definitely licensing issues. I'm not surprised Sony didn't say anything because it was probably a screw up in the first place and they wanted to try and sweep it under the rug.

thread_direction_max600.gif
1214210913541-1.gif

PS3: MLB 14: The Show, $47 (G). VG and LN also available.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GHJ6X8G/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1399617461&sr=1-9

FYI:
I ordered two 60gb PS3 in acceptable condition, hoping one would work- no such luck.
The first freezes after playing a disc game and now won't boot up.
The second won't play disc games at all. It will play PSN Games though.
I'm returning both to AWD with a note not to resell them.
Seeing the recent trend,though, I think AWD will probly relist them anyway.
Just be careful if anyone is looking for one of these backwards compatible models.
mine would not get power they sure test these alright. $148

If you aren't contributing to this thread on a consistent basis, you have no reason to complain. There were like 3-4 guys who would list deals on a daily basis who have pretty much stopped. It's sad that EVERYONE depended on these guys to share their finds... and when they DON'T, people bitch.

Agreed. I just check Amazon myself now, saves time. No offense intended, just isn't what it used to be in here.
Honestly I don't understand why people don't just do that if they're only interested in the deals anyways. Assuming you're starting from the same point in time which takes longer - going directly to the item(s) you're interested in on AWD and refreshing the page or coming here, scrolling through posts with links to see if item(s) you're interested in have been posted with a price? I would guess that some (most?) people don't have something specific they're looking to buy which I guess would explain it (although that's a whole different thing).

If I happen to be looking at this thread or notice that it's hovering at the top of the forum and someone mentions that there's a restock, the first thing I do is go over to AWD myself and start looking for things I've had my eye on.

CAG is just a gaming discussion forum now where sometimes people post deals. It's probably more active than its ever been, but it takes a lot more personal effort and knowledge of how the forum 'works' for a person to catch the good deals/glitches/etc.

CAG is just a gaming discussion forum now where sometimes people post deals. It's probably more active than its ever been, but it takes a lot more personal effort and knowledge of how the forum 'works' for a person to catch the good deals/glitches/etc.
It's definitely not doing that well. I rarely come to this site any more, myself, and the threads I do see (read: this one) tend to turn into circlejerks amongst forum regulars with very few deals being listed, which gives me no incentive to come back. I'd say I'm in the group that checks this thread just to see if anything interesting had popped up for a good price (I really doubt most people would've gotten in on the cheap random consoles, like the Arcade 360s, without the use of threads like this). I've nothing against the thread, trust me, but I remember when I used to have my posts removed for the most inane reasons (I've literally been moderated for discussing Vita memory card prices in a Vita sale thread), and now it's like they've given up.

I mean, seriously, the Saints Row IV/Deadpool reviews are still featured on the front page, and the latter's almost been out for a year now. I think this site's languishing by this point.

It's definitely not doing that well. I rarely come to this site any more, myself, and the threads I do see (read: this one) tend to turn into circlejerks amongst forum regulars with very few deals being listed, which gives me no incentive to come back. I'd say I'm in the group that checks this thread just to see if anything interesting had popped up for a good price (I really doubt most people would've gotten in on the cheap random consoles, like the Arcade 360s, without the use of threads like this). I've nothing against the thread, trust me, but I remember when I used to have my posts removed for the most inane reasons (I've literally been moderated for discussing Vita memory card prices in a Vita sale thread), and now it's like they've given up.

I mean, seriously, the Saints Row IV/Deadpool reviews are still featured on the front page, and the latter's almost been out for a year now. I think this site's languishing by this point.
I think that's my point - this isn't really a deal site anymore (and hasn't been for a while). the frequency and quantity of video game specific deals just couldn't sustain an active forum if that was the only thing that was ever posted. so as moderation faltered the forum just turned in to a gaming discussion forum/regulars circlejerk. of course people expecting to find quick and easy access to the best video game deals will be sorely disappointed and head right back out the front door.

after many years I actually prefer it this way. it's at least more entertaining than it used to be and if you know where to look it still literally takes less than 5 minutes to find everything you need to know about current and impending deals. additionally, any new threads can be insta-tweeted to your phone so you can actually find out about new stuff without needing to monitor the site.

and I still have a hard time believing anyone even looks at the front page of this site. there's reviews???

Honestly there hasn't been much deals to post about anyhow. Last major restock has been a bust as most of the prices have been fairly high except for a few random items popping in and out. Cant post deals if there aren't any lol.

I try to post a deal or two when I see it. Mostly cheap consoles because it seems that is what most people are looking for. And Yeah, consoled from AWD have been pretty suspect recently.

I know someone will eventually say this, but i find it ironic that people are complaining/talking about being off topic, which is in itself, off topic. Lol :whee:

No offense meant to anyone

Did ya all hear the news about GameStop?

GAMESTOP CLOSING 120 STORES, FOCUSING ON MOBILE
The new approach is called "GameStop 3.0."
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/04/24/gamestop-closing-120-stores-focusing-on-mobile
That's like, 2% of their stores. They're just shutting down unproductive stores they would have shut down anyway. I don't see it as a sign of the used games apocalypse.

The other piece also isn't a shock, my GameStops have had used iDevices for a long time now. I guess a few of them sold.

If you aren't contributing to this thread on a consistent basis, you have no reason to complain. There were like 3-4 guys who would list deals on a daily basis who have pretty much stopped. It's sad that EVERYONE depended on these guys to share their finds... and when they DON'T, people bitch.
Why contribute if it's going to be lost in the fray though. The thread isn't what it says in the title, so you can counter complain about that as much as you'd like if it makes you feel better. Last I heard there are other threads on CAG, which could be used for all the other stuff.

When did this thread get so whiny? Haven't seen people this disgruntled since the Fanboy Invasion of Winter 2014.

Why contribute if it's going to be lost in the fray though. The thread isn't what it says in the title, so you can counter complain about that as much as you'd like if it makes you feel better. Last I heard there are other threads on CAG, which could be used for all the other stuff.
The mods try to police AWD but it just isn't gonna happen. It's like the exception and acceptable wasteland. I don't mind it much.

The rest of the threads on CAG are usually on topic. I think the decline of cag has more to do with the cutthroat slick deals attitude that has permeated the site.

When did this thread get so whiny? Haven't seen people this disgruntled since the Fanboy Invasion of Winter 2014.
You come from the future? Are you like Trunks? You got owned by androids so you came back to get owned by Cell?

Are you only talking about January? I don't remember a fanboy invasion.

The mods try to police AWD but it just isn't gonna happen. It's like the exception and acceptable wasteland. I don't mind it much.

The rest of the threads on CAG are usually on topic. I think the decline of cag has more to do with the cutthroat slick deals attitude that has permeated the site.
The mainstay topics are all like this or significantly worse right now. We're kind of in the dead zone right now where other than the occasional blip there's just not a lot of consistent action going down.

I was able to snag one of the PS4's for 270 the other day. The box was pretty messed up and everything was obviously opened and repacked but having played it for a few hours it seems to be fine. I've never bought a used console from them so I was a little worried at first.

The mainstay topics are all like this or significantly worse right now. We're kind of in the dead zone right now where other than the occasional blip there's just not a lot of consistent action going down.
Exactly. Haven't had a blood pumping non-glitch video game deal event for a while. It's even making my bank account numbers grow.

My post was meant just for a laugh, no offense intended. I myself actually enjoy reading back to the qwerky posts all you guys post, keeps it sane in here. Then once in a while there are some deals, no biggy lol.

Alls I know is I've had this thread stickied for a long time, and I've had it on auto refresh since like November. I read every post. I enjoy the filler.

was it prime through FBA or is it shipped directly from the seller? Anytime you order from a third party that doesn't have FBA it will always say preparing for shipment as soon as the order is received in the computer.
Shipped directly from third party, so I'm probably screwed. I won't be charged until the order is filled right? So I can just cancel it now and be done with it

Shipped directly from third party, so I'm probably screwed. I won't be charged until the order is filled right? So I can just cancel it now and be done with it
with amazon and FBA you can cancel right away before shipment. But with third party it different. I think you can send them a cancellation request and then you have to wait and hope for them to approve it. They have to approve the cancellation and refund before it happen. The third party has to do each step manually.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537802 If the third-party seller's items aren't fulfilled by Amazon, then your order will be fulfilled directly by the seller who will also handle all of their customer service. Because Amazon.com isn't directly involved in the completion of sales arranged with third-party sellers, you'll need to contact the third-party seller directly for the following issues:

• To check on your order or shipment status.
  • To schedule or reschedule services.
  • To cancel an order and receive a refund.
  • To return an order.

What are the other mainstay topics? Target clearance?
Xbox Live, PSN and Steam. And they're all fast paced, regular-dominated, and full of in jokes. People also get all FLAME ON! of anyone has the temerity to post a deal in a standalone thread instead of the mega threads.

There are a couple people in the PSN and steam threads who I'd love to see banned or at least warned for constant trolling and OT stuff. AWD thread is comparatively tame. And the OT stuff here goes away when deals are live. The BS never stops in those threads.

Managed to snag a (G) Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds for $23.38. Sounds like a possible dinger, but I don't mind as long as it's complete.

There are a couple people in the PSN and steam threads who I'd love to see banned or at least warned for constant trolling and OT stuff. AWD thread is comparatively tame. And the OT stuff here goes away when deals are live. The BS never stops in those threads.
I believe a regular of the PSN thread was recently banned. I didn't catch the reason why though. I still don't understand how those guys have the time to platinum so many games and still be in that thread all day. Even if they don't have jobs, it still seems like a lot of time spent.

I used to be in AWD thread all the time, but realized I was spending way more time looking for deals and buying games than I was actually playing them. The discounts were not worth my time wasted constantly monitoring this thread and the front page of AWD, then missing out on a deal because I saw it seconds too late. Seems like a lot of the same people get the best deals anyway. Off topic discussion is sometimes fun, but "inside" jokes are usually run into the ground. That happens in this thread more than any other imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back