Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be renewing my prime at $100 + tax a year.  Shitty AWD prices, tax, slow shipping, and increasing prices for EVERYTHING do not make amazon an attractive place to shop anymore.  Look at your order history and compare the prices for things you bought in 2011 and 2012, everything is up 25-50%.  Even something as mundane as honey went from $13.85 to $19.99.

Don't care about the movies...  I really wish I could afford to short their stock because they're going down the tubes.  Already down 30% from its peak.  I've been a lurker here since 2010 and an amazon shopper since 2006 and honestly, this shit is horrendous.

I won't be renewing my prime at $100 + tax a year. Shitty AWD prices, tax, slow shipping, and increasing prices for EVERYTHING do not make amazon an attractive place to shop anymore. Look at your order history and compare the prices for things you bought in 2011 and 2012, everything is up 25-50%. Even something as mundane as honey went from $13.85 to $19.99.

Don't care about the movies... I really wish I could afford to short their stock because they're going down the tubes. Already down 30% from its peak. I've been a lurker here since 2010 and an amazon shopper since 2006 and honestly, this shit is horrendous.
Your welcome

I won't be renewing my prime at $100 + tax a year. Shitty AWD prices, tax, slow shipping, and increasing prices for EVERYTHING do not make amazon an attractive place to shop anymore. Look at your order history and compare the prices for things you bought in 2011 and 2012, everything is up 25-50%. Even something as mundane as honey went from $13.85 to $19.99.

Don't care about the movies... I really wish I could afford to short their stock because they're going down the tubes. Already down 30% from its peak. I've been a lurker here since 2010 and an amazon shopper since 2006 and honestly, this shit is horrendous.
it is all about supply and demand. Before the deals used to be great but then as more people became aware of amazon warehouse the stock disappears a lot faster dwindling supply increasing demand therefore overall high prices then the past. Below in the spoiler is the perfect example of supply and demand and quality of selections of Us here in north America Vs in other countries. It is even better organized then our site is to

XPBIMhL.png
lOFeSgZ.png
bIjMEBu.png
gEWqush.png

Gonna have to agree, but what other online options do you have for amazing deals? Newegg? Wal-Mart.com seems cheap a lot but their site to store service is even worst in terms of shipping speed.

Gonna have to agree, but what other online options do you have for amazing deals? Newegg? Wal-Mart.com seems cheap a lot but their site to store service is even worst in terms of shipping speed.
Well if you don't mind standard shipping and buying from a variety of places thou can get most stuff elsewhere as non-AWD deals at Amazon are mostly just matches of other places these days. The two things that would be hardest for me to replace are the really cheap impulse items and Amazon credit that can be generated from ao many different sources.

I pay $40 a year for Prime Student, well I guess $50 now, and think it's worth it. I've had no problems with them and get stuff overnight even though Prime shipping is supposed to be 2 days. Not to mention their selection of movies is better than Netflix IMO and their prices in general are the lowest.

Warehouse Deals was the shit back in '09-10. The prices were cheap for rare games and the quality control was better. The 2011 penny games were great, too.

Already have a ps4. I got a dinger for $296 less $60 for a missing micro usb cable YES I AM THAT GUY
At least you are proud of it. :wall: :sigh:

I am happy that I at least got to see what appears to be the end of the good warehouse deals. Only wish I knew about AWD a few years earlier. Probably could have found a number of cool old games at not stupid prices.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-World-Yoshis-Island-Nintendo/dp/B00002SVG0/ref=sr_1_6?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1399792340&sr=1-6 I really want this Yoshi's Island (SNES), someone please make it drop in price by a substantial amount. Thanks in advance! :^o

it is all about supply and demand. Before the deals used to be great but then as more people became aware of amazon warehouse the stock disappears a lot faster dwindling supply increasing demand therefore overall high prices then the past. Below in the spoiler is the perfect example of supply and demand and quality of selections of Us here in north America Vs in other countries. It is even better organized then our site is to

XPBIMhL.png
lOFeSgZ.png
bIjMEBu.png
gEWqush.png
I'd say AWD is still a pretty solid place to shop, although it isn't what it used to be. My major complaint lies with the tax, increased prices, and lack of preorder bonuses.

Take a sample order I made in Nov 2012. Vegetable protein $10, oats $11, sweet chili sauce $4. No tax.

the prices today? $21, $14, $14 respectively, PLUS TAX. 18 months ago that order cost me $25.xx Today it would cost me $53, more than double. And its like this across the board, except for electronics and flash memory. Try it out yourself, it's shocking to see how much the prices have ballooned on amazon

I'd say AWD is still a pretty solid place to shop, although it isn't what it used to be. My major complaint lies with the tax, increased prices, and lack of preorder bonuses.

Take a sample order I made in Nov 2012. Vegetable protein $10, oats $11, sweet chili sauce $4. No tax.

the prices today? $21, $14, $14 respectively, PLUS TAX. 18 months ago that order cost me $25.xx Today it would cost me $53, more than double. And its like this across the board, except for electronics and flash memory. Try it out yourself, it's shocking to see how much the prices have ballooned on amazon
Please kindly STFU about tax. It's something you're supposed to pay.

"Nothing is certain except death and taxes." -Benjamin Franklin

Honestly though, I believe people as a consumer have the right to debate tax RATES, price hikes (as a result of inflation), and lack of preorder bonuses, but to argue about the validity of taxes in and of itself is useless. Amazon got away with not charging it for far too long, so just be grateful that you were around for that golden period and were able to take advantage of it. I live in Oregon where there is 0% sales tax, but I pay for that privilege by paying over 10% income tax (maybe more) annually. No one person can escape fate.

Sorry for the off-topic banter.
PS2 8MB memory card arrived the other day in "average" condition. Is $5.xx is a good deal for an official Sony branded one? There were still a lot (30+) last time I checked.

Always posting your dumb ass opinions.

No one gives a shit, lol.

"Hey, you're stealing"

"Hey, you do realize that's considering stealing"

"I Hate Best Buy"

That shit sums you up good.
It's better than your worthless posts that all have "lol" stuck somewhere in them.

Take this one for example.

"Nothing is certain except death and taxes." -Benjamin Franklin

Honestly though, I believe people as a consumer have the right to debate tax RATES, price hikes (as a result of inflation), and lack of preorder bonuses, but to argue about the validity of taxes in and of itself is useless. Amazon got away with not charging it for far too long, so just be grateful that you were around for that golden period and were able to take advantage of it. I live in Oregon where there is 0% sales tax, but I pay for that privilege by paying over 10% income tax (maybe more) annually. No one person can escape fate.

Sorry for the off-topic banter.
PS2 8MB memory card arrived the other day in "average" condition. Is $5.xx is a good deal for an official Sony branded one? There were still a lot (30+) last time I checked.
I think you can get 2 together for around that price or a little more.

Yeah, fuck schools. And police. Roads. The military. Scientific research. Who needs that stuff when you can get by without paying taxes on Amazon?
if you every saw their bloated budgets and wasted money you probably would change your mind. private companies could do all these things much better.

if you every saw their bloated budgets and wasted money you probably would change your mind. private companies could do all these things much better.
This is a fallacy people love to put out there. Both private business and the government are not particularly efficient. Private business did not do their part of the Iraq war efficiently, neither did the gov't. Private schools are not inherently better than public ones. Our healthcare system is super inefficient compared to single payer systems. Tje answer is a lot more complicated than either of us was making it out to be.

The AWD thread is in a sad state right now. Members attacking one another, people complaining about the lack of deals posted, arguing about how Amazon is "going down the tubes"...

CAG, I AM DISAPPOINT.

My (LN) PS4 came in and works pretty good. Updated everything and is fine. Only thing that happens is that when I put MLB 14 in, it often tells me that the disc is unreadable or dirty--which I do not get, since it is a brand new game. It took a while to install, too. But, I guess I'm happy with it.

My (LN) PS4 came in and works pretty good. Updated everything and is fine. Only thing that happens is that when I put MLB 14 in, it often tells me that the disc is unreadable or dirty--which I do not get, since it is a brand new game. It took a while to install, too. But, I guess I'm happy with it.
Careful, for my PS3 it was a signal of incoming blurry drive failure.

I don't trust it. Definitely leave it running a while and play some of the more intensive games like Infamous and AssCreed.

This is a fallacy people love to put out there. Both private business and the government are not particularly efficient. Private business did not do their part of the Iraq war efficiently, neither did the gov't. Private schools are not inherently better than public ones. Our healthcare system is super inefficient compared to single payer systems. Tje answer is a lot more complicated than either of us was making it out to be.
As somebody that has worked in both sectors I agree with this. Private companies by nature are about making money and their bottom line is very different from the government. Government's are setup to spend whatever resources they take in. Their goal is to balance their bottom line so that there isn't any net revenue. It's two very different worlds.

I don't have to pay shit. If they could balance the fucking state budget, then maybe the average citizen wouldn't have to spend a fortune supporting our bloated government. Instead, we are losing billions on worthless construction projects and welfare programs for lazy fucks and illegal aliens. Don't get me started on the federal government, they are even more worthless

I don't have to pay shit. If they could balance the fucking state budget, then maybe the average citizen wouldn't have to spend a fortune supporting our bloated government. Instead, we are losing billions on worthless construction projects and welfare programs for lazy fucks and illegal aliens. Don't get me started on the federal government, they are even more worthless
That's all fine and dandy and you should bring that up in the vs forum. But this is the AWD forum and the fact that you have to pay taxes to amazon because your state demands it is not amazons fault. So stfu.

That's all fine and dandy and you should bring that up in the vs forum. But this is the AWD forum and the fact that you have to pay taxes to amazon because your state demands it is not amazons fault. So stfu.
Be careful. He has lots of rope, tape, bleach, and frustration. From reading his post yesterday or the day before that, also honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back