Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
The slim is better than the original in every way in my opinion. Yes, that even includes the screen.
That's the opinion of the minority sadly. I'm also not a fan of the plasticky feel. A lot of reviews said at first they liked the slim but ultimately went back to the original.

Not knocking it or your opinion at all, but considering it would be dumb to pay another $50 for a new case and grips on top of the system that I rarely use anyway...no need in me buying one. I've never seen an item so hard to find on AWD I don't think. Except for the cheap 360s.

The slim is better than the original in every way in my opinion. Yes, that even includes the screen.
No, no it doesn't.

003.jpg

No, no it doesn't.
So for a normal LCD black level you get a more accurate color palette, whites that aren't green tinged, and proper contrast. Few Vitas look like that on an all black screen too and have varying levels of mura anyway.

Not knocking it or your opinion at all, but considering it would be dumb to pay another $50 for a new case and grips on top of the system that I rarely use anyway...no need in me buying one. I've never seen an item so hard to find on AWD I don't think. Except for the cheap 360s.
Well yeah, if you already have one and are happy then don't spend the money. Sounded like you were going to go buy a first gen.

Well yeah, if you already have one and are happy then don't spend the money. Sounded like you were going to go buy a first gen.

The original has a supposedly better screen but that's only for people who really care about graphics imo.  Games will supposedly be adjusted to make them look better on the new vita from word around forums.

The original has a supposedly better screen but that's only for people who really care about graphics imo. Games will supposedly be adjusted to make them look better on the new vita from word around forums.
lol the OLED is not supposedly, it IS the better screen, no one fights about this. Everything else, the slim wins except for charging. For these new games, maybe color adjustments, but at the end the oled would still look better. Is similar to playing a movie at home in an oled vs lcd.

I do like how games like Spelunky, Guacamelee, and Muramasa look on the OLED and the white Vita. Id really like to get a Slim so I can bring one charger for my Gold headset and Vita.

The original has a supposedly better screen but that's only for people who really care about graphics imo. Games will supposedly be adjusted to make them look better on the new vita from word around forums.
I'm fairly sure the graphics in the games are the same on either system. The only difference is that the colors are more vivid on the OLED screen. The OLED screen is just like the Vita's own 'Retina Display' on the newer high-end tablets. (I'm aware they are two different screens.) Just pointing out that just like the Retina, the OLED happens to be impressive in it's own way. That's not to say that the LCD is horrible, I still happen to have a few LCD TV's.

I'm fairly sure the graphics in the games are the same on either system. The only difference is that the color pops out more on the OLED screen. The OLED screen is just like the Vita's own 'Retina Display' on the newer high-end tablets. (I'm aware they are two different screens.) Just pointing out that just like the Retina, the OLED happens to be impressive in it's own way.
It's impressive and I still think it's great but I'll take proper color reproduction, contrast, whites, no mura, no contrast or color changes at lower brightness, reds that aren't completely blown out, etc. in exchange for worse black levels (spoiled by the mura on the OLED anyway) and lesser viewing angles. Everyone's allowed to prefer the OLED and it can have more pop to it but that doesn't make it better.

For example Second Son is a game you would think would look great on the OLED Vita. It's got a lot of bright strong colors punctuating the world and that's the kind of thing that really look great on the OLED. Instead it looks awful on the OLED Vita. It's overly dark, the contrast is severely out of sorts, it loses all the detail and I couldn't have played it like that. Remote play it on the LCD Vita and it looks like you expect and what you see on your TV. Other PS4 games I've tried on it haven't been as noticeable but when you stop to look you can see the loss of detail in certain colors and how the contrast isn't quite right.

I'm not knocking the OLED screen as some terrible worthless thing and that all those systems should be buried in an ET style landfill. I'm saying that the LCD is objectively at least the equal of the OLED and of the two and I also find it subjectively preferable. To me it's like the Samsung Galaxy line of phones where the AMOLED screens have similar properties in terms of strengths and weaknesses to the OLED in the Vita. The AMOLED screens are really electric in a way few other devices are (much like the Vita) but when you start comparing them to other high end phones that use quality LCDs the AMOLED has noticeable flaws that while less stunning you don't see in comparable LCDs.

:ps3: Dark Souls II Collector's Edition (A) $59.39 (Dinger!) (G) $64.34 (VG) $69.29 (LN) $74.24
:ps3: South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition (A) $48.13 (Dinger!) (G) $52.15 (VG) $56.16 (LN) $60.17
:ps3: Tales of Graces f (LN) $24.74
:ps3: Rayman Legends (N) $16.99 (G) $19.24 (VG) $20.72 (LN) $22.20

:psp: PlayStation Portable Core (PSP 1000) (A) $57.33 (G) $62.11

:wiiu: LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes (A) $19.65 (VG) $22.92

:3ds: Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - Collector's Edition (VG) $17.84

:360: Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (LN) $13.50
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (LN) $5.39

:xbox: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game of the Year Edition) (G) $29.22 (VG) $31.47

DS2U if you see another one of those Nyko Power Grips for the Vita 2000 pop up I've been looking for one since the first one I tried to order a couple weeks back got cancelled.

It's impressive and I still think it's great but I'll take proper color reproduction, contrast, whites, no mura, no contrast or color changes at lower brightness, reds that aren't completely blown out, etc. in exchange for worse black levels (spoiled by the mura on the OLED anyway) and lesser viewing angles. Everyone's allowed to prefer the OLED and it can have more pop to it but that doesn't make it better.

For example Second Son is a game you would think would look great on the OLED Vita. It's got a lot of bright strong colors punctuating the world and that's the kind of thing that really look great on the OLED. Instead it looks awful on the OLED Vita. It's overly dark, the contrast is severely out of sorts, it loses all the detail and I couldn't have played it like that. Remote play it on the LCD Vita and it looks like you expect and what you see on your TV. Other PS4 games I've tried on it haven't been as noticeable but when you stop to look you can see the loss of detail in certain colors and how the contrast isn't quite right.

I'm not knocking the OLED screen as some terrible worthless thing and that all those systems should be buried in an ET style landfill. I'm saying that the LCD is objectively at least the equal of the OLED and of the two and I also find it subjectively preferable. To me it's like the Samsung Galaxy line of phones where the AMOLED screens have similar properties in terms of strengths and weaknesses to the OLED in the Vita. The AMOLED screens are really electric in a way few other devices are (much like the Vita) but when you start comparing them to other high end phones that use quality LCDs the AMOLED has noticeable flaws that while less stunning you don't see in comparable LCDs.
Honestly, I'm not afraid to admit that you lost me. I've only even been exposed to changing the brightness on games for the most part. So, I have no idea about the color reproduction, contrasts, whites, mura, no color changes at lower brightness, blown out reds etc. I'm going to take a wild guess here, but does 'blown out' mean that it's overpowering over everything else? If so, that's about the only thing I know besides the brightness. Although I was just pointing out that the 'graphics' on both systems will most likely be the same no matter the screen. (Besides the vivid colors of the OLED). And, I might also be stuck on what you mean by the viewing angles as well.

As for Second Son, sounds like it wasn't specifically made for the OLED Vita in mind. I still could be wrong since I've never used remote play. And I don't exactly understand entirely about the 'settings' besides brightness and the blown out/overpowering colors. Seeing how it's not as noticeable on other PS4 games unless you stop. Then I might be wrong about the idea of Second Son. Also if you have an LCD TV and the LCD Vita, maybe they compliment each other?

Oh, I'm sure you aren't. I'll admit I haven't seen the comparison between the two or the Remote Play aspect on the slight differences. Haven't even had the chance to use/see an AMOLED screen. I did read that the 'Retinal Display' in the iPhone 5 was tested with one of those Samsung phones (G3) and in that test it was shown to be better than the AMOLED screen. What do you mean by electric? Again, I haven't had the chance to compare an AMOLED screen to any of the LCD screens and vice versa. In the end, I'm sure they're both sectacular screens, and if they weren't then I doubt Sony would have used them. Or at the very least made the switch for the newest innovation. As for my OLED Vita the only game I think has taken advantage of the screen is Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The only time I ever remember noticing anything about these screens was on the PSP 3000 when they had that 'screen tearing' issue. I wouldn't even begin to 'diss' any LCD scree. Either, since a few of the TV's I have has them.

Heaven forbid someone should care about graphics. ..we're only talking about, you know, VIDEO games.

I'd never touch something with an interior screen regardless of what else it offers. What a waste of money.

Honestly, I'm not afraid to admit that you lost me.
Don't worry, I wasn't responding specifically to you (more to shadow) but your post didn't hurt my brain. :rofl:

Bottom line is both screens are perfectly fine, great even, and anyone with either one of them should be perfectly happy. I was more just talking about some of the specific strengths and weaknesses.

Wall of text:

To address your questions though when you change the brightness of an OLED screen it also changes the way the colors are displayed and changes the contrast level (how light and dark relate to each other) which doesn't happen with other screen types. That basically just means that an OLED only looks the way it was meant to at the brightness it was designed to run at which is usually between 80-100% depending on the company. So if you want to turn it down to save battery or because you're playing in a darker environment it will affect the quality of the picture.

When I'm talking about a color being blown out I'm referring to where it's so over saturated that it's losing detail and even starting to bleed. It happens in other colors at times but reds are really prone to this on the Vita's OLED and you lose definition between the various tones. Viewing angles are just what angle you can view a screen from before it affects how you see the picture. Like when you move off to the side of an LCD monitor or TV and it gets really bright or dark and/or the color starts to change. It's just part of how the panel works and you get a little bit of that on the LCD Vita if you tilt it towards or away from you too much where the OLED has much wider angles before you experience any of that fall off.

AMOLED displays are most commonly found in higher end Samsung mobile products and are very similar to OLEDs but have slightly different components/operation. The end result is about the same though and both screen types have the same characteristics which is why I used the example. The Retina display (just Apple's branding for their high resolution display) you mentioned is an LCD screen uses the IPS technology that basically gives LCDs almost 180 degree viewing angles, a wider color gamut (the range of colors it can display), and truer blacks. So that article you mentioned you read comparing those was basically what I was saying in the example with the phone screens.

And yeah, remote play isn't a core feature of the Vita but it's becoming a pretty big reason to own one. The games, like Second Son, won't be tweaked and tuned like actual Vita games likely are so they look the best but if that happens I don't like that process anyway. A quality display should be properly calibrated to display the various parameters that make up an image within certain values and there's all sorts of standards for this. Based on a 1.8 or 2.2 gamma (basically the formula for how a TV/monitor is creating the luminance of the panel) all those various parts (your red/green/blues, black/white/neutral gray, contrast, etc.) should fall within a certain level to achieve a true representation of the source. Photographers and artists work on monitors that are the same size as a $300 monitor but can be ten times as much because they need to know that what they're seeing is what it actually looks like and will look like on any other device that's using proper standards and is hopefully calibrated. If they're tweaking the way an engine renders colors, tailoring textures to the characteristics, or whatever else then you've got something that's only going to look right on the Vita and nowhere else. So a successor comes along with a different screen type or there's something like the Vita TV that lets it display on other devices and the software's catering to a single screen type then it's going to be a poor representation even if it's subtle. So if that goes on with games for the Vita it's a bad practice.

Anyway now that the thread's completely derailed the bottom line is both are perfectly fine and both models are great. If someone's going to buy a Vita buy whichever one you like better but as someone who though dropping the OLED was the worst decision Sony could have made I'm off that bandwagon. Just be happy this derailment was much more constructive than the one the other day, the one in the PSN thread, or *shudder* the Steam thread one.

Debating trying to grab a dinger 360 Slim or attempting to fix my E74'd Elite. This would be a second 360 for my office, otherwise I just pull my Slim back there when I want to play.

Thanks, guys, but shoot- when I refresh the page to make sure they're still in stock, it changes the order of the three Acceptables in stock!  I'm thinking that you all meant that the two with these descriptions are probably dingers:

Used - Acceptable
Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Packaging may be damaged. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large mark on set case. Large cut/scatch on set case. Large wrinkle / bend on set case. Large crack on boxed set case. « Show less

And this one probably is not a dinger?

Used - Acceptable
Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Large mark on disk.

Thanks, guys, but shoot- when I refresh the page to make sure they're still in stock, it changes the order of the three Acceptables in stock! I'm thinking that you all meant that the two with these descriptions are probably dingers:

Used - Acceptable

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Packaging may be damaged. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large mark on set case. Large cut/scatch on set case. Large wrinkle / bend on set case. Large crack on boxed set case. « Show less

And this one probably is not a dinger?

Used - Acceptable
Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Large mark on disk.
Yup.

TBH, these are still available in most places and I wonder if they just mass produced these to the point of oversaturating the market. Gamestop just recently dropped the price on these. I'm surprised at how the price of this game has not dropped to at least $40 MSRP yet. I guess the cult following for this game really did it some service with sales. I'm holding out for a better price on the vanilla version. The cartman toy is intriguing, but it doesnt justify the additional monies to put up for it IMHO. I guess I'm not that into South Park.

Yeah, I decided against it as well.  I am excited to play the game and would like that Cartman on my shelf, but I just got a PS4 last week and should NOT spend any money on any other games any time soon!  That's a lot of "any's"...

Thanks to the three of you for replying, though!

TBH, these are still available in most places and I wonder if they just mass produced these to the point of oversaturating the market. Gamestop just recently dropped the price on these. I'm surprised at how the price of this game has not dropped to at least $40 MSRP yet. I guess the cult following for this game really did it some service with sales. I'm holding out for a better price on the vanilla version. The cartman toy is intriguing, but it doesnt justify the additional monies to put up for it IMHO. I guess I'm not that into South Park.
I vote mass produced considering it is a ubisoft game after all

Want a PS4 to flip to GS (and then buy Kindle cards) but so many BLOD issues lately from AWD it seems.
seriously, I didn't have a single issue at first, but over the last 2 months every other ps4 I've picked up from AWD has gone back.

2 very good AMD Sapphire R290x $341.14

might be a mistake though. they have the non X version listed for the same price. oh well grabbed one anyways, we'll see what happens.

Any chance of a new "Gameboy" being announced by Nintendo at e3 or shortly after? Considering a 3ds XL but don't want to buy at the perfectly wrong time...

Any chance of a new "Gameboy" being announced by Nintendo at e3 or shortly after? Considering a 3ds XL but don't want to buy at the perfectly wrong time...
Why would Nintendo announce a new game boy? The DS is a superior format for them, is selling like hot cakes, and the wii u needs all the attention it can get.

Why would Nintendo announce a new game boy? The DS is a superior format for them, is selling like hot cakes, and the wii u needs all the attention it can get.
By "gameboy" I just meant new handheld, a successor to the 3ds. And ok thanks, I don't know anything about Nintendo as I mostly follow ps and xbox products, but am wanting my mario fix after so many years.

I gotcha..well in that case, you're good on a 3DS. It never hurts to wait for E3, but at the most you might see some special edition system released or something. I can't see it being any cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back