Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

August 5th - 12:20 pm post 8532

:xb1: Ryse $7.14

August 5th - 2:35 pm post 8541

:ps3: PlayStation 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Bundle (A) $44.10 :hot:
:ps3: PS3 Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (A) $2.78 :hot:
:ps3: Doom 3 BFG Edition (G) $2.67 :hot:

:ps2: Shadow Hearts (A) $7.xx

:gc: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (G) $14.12 :hot:

:3ds: Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (G) $5.47 (LN) $6.15

:360: Call of Duty: Ghost Hardened Edition $7.64
:360: Halo 4 Limited Edition (A) $7.07
:360: Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition (G) $19.19 :hot:
:360: Max Payne 3 (A) $1.30

August 6th - 12:06 am Post 8628

:ps3: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (G) $99.69 :hot:

:360: Battlefield 4 (A) $3.98

August 7th - 3:18 am Post 8709 (The Epic Night)

Borderlands Loot Chest G for sub $30

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Limited Edition $13-(LN) $15
:ps4: COD: Ghosts Prestige (VG) $10
:ps4: Tomb Raider $8

:ps3: ACIII 500GB PS3 (LN) $111.88
:ps3: 80Gb Motorstorm bundle $90-$105
:ps3: 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 (G) $46.43
:ps3: PS3 320gb Uncharted Bundle $38.64

:ps3: FFXIII-2 CE G $19.80
:ps3: Socom 4 Full Deployment $17.66
:ps3: God of War III Ultimate (A) 14.28 (LN) $15.XX
:ps3: AC Brotherhood CE $12
:ps3: Batman Arkham Origins CE (G) $10.53
:ps3: Borderlands 2 Deluxe Valut Hunter Edition $9.xx
:ps3: Max Payne 3 Special Edition $9-10
:ps3: Tron CE $8.XX
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Limited Edition) (G) $7.20-$7.66
:ps3: DC Online CE (Batman Statue) $6.xx
:ps3: Tomb Raider CE $6
:ps3: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition G $5.06
:ps3: Lord of the Rings War in the North CE $3
:ps3: Tony Hawk Ride $3

:ps3: Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition (A) $16.44
:ps3: Disney Infinity $7
:ps3: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (Limited) (LN) $6.55
:ps3: Cross Edge $5.92-$6.66
:ps3: God of War Ascension (LN) $5.90
:ps3: Metro Last Light Limited (LN) $5.51
:ps3: DJ Hero $5
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 A $3.96
:ps3: Cabela's African Adventures (LN) $3.67
:ps3: Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z LN $3.48
:ps3: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (LN) $3.02
:ps3: Heavenly Sword (A) $3.xx
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 6 $2.87
:ps3: Dead Space (LN) $2.60
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning $2.55
:ps3: Tomb Raider $2.19 $2.53
:ps3: Madden 25 $2.xx
:ps3: Dead Island $2.XX
:ps3: Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest $1.56
:ps3: Mass Effect 2 (A) 1.23 (LN) 1.48
:ps3: Infamous $1.XX
:ps3: Aliens $1.XX

:ps2: Shadow Hearts (G) $8.24
:ps2: Samurai Western $3.40
:ps2: Gungrave (G) $3
:ps2: Xenosaga $2.38
:ps2: Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland $2.38
:ps2: Capcom Fighting Evolution $2.07
:ps2: Maximo vs Army of Zin $1.94
:ps2: Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny $1.14
:ps2: Warriors of Might and Magic $.95
:ps2: Silent Scope 3 $0.89

browse-icon-pstation._V192599299_.gif
Grand Theft Auto: Collector's Edition (G) $3.49

Legend of Mana $7-$8.47
Star Ocean: The Second Story $6.XX-$7.69
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (G) 12.09
The Legend of Dragoon 5.38
Parasite Eve 2 (A) $5.19 (LN) $6.23
Parasite Eve $4.61-$X.XX
Metal Gear Solid $3.90
Wild Arms 2 $3.75-$4.00
Resident Evil 2 $3.62-$4.62
Evil Zone $1.86
Monopoly $0.83

:psp: PSP bundles for $24
:psp: Warriors of The Lost Empire 1.90

:wiiu: ZombiU LN $6.98
:wiiu: Assassin Creed IV Black Flag VG $3.02 (LN) $3.19
:wiiu: Mass Effect 3 (LN) 2.77
:wiiu: Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (LN) $2.25
:wiiu: Need for Speed $2
:wiiu: Fifa 13 $2
:wiiu: Scribblenauts Unlimited $2

:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy $10-15

:gc: Pokemon Colosseum (LN) $20.83
:gc: Pikmin $6.17-$7.40
:gc: Resident Evil 0 $2.23-$2.38

:ds: Nintendo DS Electric Blue and Animal Crossing Wild World Bundle $12
:ds: Tecmo bowl kick off (LN) $2.65
:ds: Rayman (LN) $0.97

browse-gameboy-adv._V192599300_.gif
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $8

:xb1: COD: Ghosts Prestige (VG) $42
:xb1: Forza 5 LE $9-$10
:xb1: Forza day one $7.xx (LN) $8.xx
:xb1: Ryse Day One $7.77
:xb1: Tomb Raider Defenitive Edition Art Book Packaging $6.91
:xb1: Tomb Raider $6 - $10+

:360: Xbox 360 Resident Evil 5 Elite Red Console $70-$80
:360: 250GB Holiday Bundle $20
:360: Consoles $20-$23
:360: xbox360 Arcade Edition $12 (LN) $14
:360: Kinect Sensor with Adventures (Refurbished) $7.77-$8.26

:360: BioShock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $60-(LN) $71.34
:360: MK9 Tournament Edition $25
:360: BlOps 2 Care Package $20
:360: Game of Thrones Art Book Bundle (LN) $11.94
:360: Bioshock Infinite Premium $9
:360: Payday 2 CE $9.xx
:360: Borderlands 2 Deluxe G $8.72
:360: Forza Horizon Limited Edition $8
:360: Alan Wake CE $8.xx (LN) $9.77
:360: Batman Arkham origins Collectors Edition $7.90
:360: CoD: MW3 Hardened Edition (LN) $6.35
:360: Max Payne 3 Special Edition $6.xx-$7.xx $8.17
:360: Splinter Cell Conviction CE LN $6.03
:360: Street Fighter 4 Collector's Edition (G) $6.70-8
:360: Resident Evil 6 Archives (A) $5.92
:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition (A) $5.30:
:360: Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack LN $5.09
:360: COD: Black Ops Hardened Edition $4.xx
:360: Deus Ex Human Rev Augmented Ed. $4.xx
:360: Defiance Collector Edition $4.xx (LN) $5.55
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion CE (LN) $3.97
:360: Absolution Professional Edition $3.xx
:360: Perfect Dark Zero LE $1.xx (LN) $1.20

:360: Bioshock Infinite $6
:360: onechanbara: Bikini Squad (LN) $4.50 $4.79
:360: Battlefield 4 $4.xx
:360: Spec Ops: The Line LN $3.92
:360: EDF 2017 $3.08
:360: Batman Arkham City (LN) $2.85
:360: Little League World Series 2010 $2.82
:360: Madden 25 $2.79-$3.44
:360: The Last Remnant $2.72
:360: Gears of War: Judgment (A) 2.47
:360: XCOM EU (LN) $2.15
:360: Left 4 Dead $2.xx
:360: Aliens: Colonial Marines $2
:360: Rage 360 (LN) $1.92
:360: DoA5 $1.88
:360: Defiance (LN) $1.80
:360: Battlefield 3 LE $1.72
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 (LN) $1.50
:360: Prince of Persia LN $1.32
:360: Kinect Sports Season 2 $1.xx
:360: Dead or Alive 5 $1.xx

:xbox: Panzer Dragoon Orta (LN) $9
:xbox: Call of Cthulhu (LN) $9
:xbox: Halo 2 Limited Edition $5-$6
:xbox: Star Wars KOTOR 2 (LN) $4.76
:xbox: Monopoly Party $0.90

browse-icon-dcast._V192599300_.gif
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes $5.77

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (VG Black 32GB $214.55 | VG White 32GB $261.87)
Apple iPad (3rd gen 16GB Verizon 4G White) LN 166.72
Dell Venue 8 Pro $126
Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB VG $114.84
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 White 7in LN $74+
Iphone 4s 64gb @ $74
Lenovo Ideapad (VG) $38.67
10" Dell Windows 8 tab $38
Samsung Galaxy Tab (AT&T) $15-$20
16gb iphone 3 $10
HTC Droid Eris Phone (Verizon Wireless, Phone Only, No Service) (G) $5.26

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:
Arizona
California
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

Items sold by Warehouse Deals and shipped to destinations in Alaska are also subject to local sales tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

AWD product description says "Factory Sealed", is this item new?
First and foremost, AWD sells used / open box items so in their terms it has been sealed / resealed at an Amazon Warehouse and hence the "Factory Sealed" part so no it isn't necessarily new. It isn't necessarily new because it could go one of two ways:

1. It was traded in / open box return / test unit that was resealed at an Amazon warehouse facility.
2. It was a dinger (new with damaged packaging and with seals intact).

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]
Any tips on finding deals?
Sure! Here is a guide for a plugin for Chrome users to set alerts for items. Part 2 of the tutorial helps get AWD link to item not currently instock or that hasn't come out yet.

For Chrome users PageMonitor is a handy plugin to catch deals. (Guide listed below)
For Mozilla users, Check4Change is a handy alternate plugin to that of chrome's.

Also, http://theforklift.net/ for those looking for AWD deals in a pinch.

From my original post (concerning PageMonitor and AWD links):

I wonder if I'm doing it right. I'm adding the used page of the product (and selecting free shipping to filter it), however the program alerts me there is a change eventough there is none (the Sorry message we see when there are no products with free shipping - usually AmazonWarehouse).
The way I do it is selecting the price itself. For example I go here: http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1427814309 then I select the game/console that I want too look and click where it say used (dont click on the item link, click where it say used under the item you want). Then with page monitor I select monitor this page. After that I go to options (on the page monitor tab) advance and then click custom mode, pick. That will open a new tab withe the webpage of the item that I selected to monitor and there is where I select the price (the number) of the item. Then click done. Thats it, thats how it worked for me.
Time to revisit Feb 25th 2014 (and March 30th 2012) :

Time to revisit March 30th 2012 :). I posted a guide then and it very much still applies with some tweaking to what I know now, so on with it.

Before I begin, know this that you need to go to the AWD site if you are after something specific from AWD like the vita in this example. Also you can fast click the link to the edition you want (if it is a console, handheld, or games), and see each price for AWD only items if they are available. You would be lucky to see something pop up on AWD if bunch of people are hunting down the same hot ticket item at any given time. On that note, the alert DOEScatch AWD items before they appear on AWD and if sniped quickly (1-click), others will most likely just see a ghost listing on AWD by the time it appears on AWD page. Setting alert on AWD page also eliminates false positive alerts since only AWD listings will appear on AWD page vs every minute change that will happen on the main Amazon listing page. Now onto the guide:

This may help answer the question for few who are wondering how to use "Page Monitor" extension for Chrome.

Once the extension is installed, do this. Select the AWD page (not the main Amazon listing page to avoid false positive alerts) to be monitored by clicking on the Page Monitor icon and selecting "Monitor This Page" link (Use the link swapping trick mentioned earlier to get to the page if the game isn't out yet). Then go to Page Monitor options and do as following:
gallery_327158_7630_1370780661_26889.jpg

(You can choose to have custom notification sound, desktop notification, length of duration for notification, and the length of duration for refreshing as you please.)

Once done tweaking the settings, then do this:
gallery_327158_7630_1370780661_26890.jpg

Once you have done step 6, you have set the page to be monitored and you are set. A notification will go off that a change has been found but that is just to notify that you have set an alert. Mark it off as visited and from this point forward you are set to go.

Pro Tip: Set it to monitor the "used" tab via "selector" under the options by checking off "custom mode" instead of monitoring the whole page. If you set if from the warehouse side then it will only alert you if one pops up in the warehouse.

Those step diagrams have been here since the 1st time I made the guide back in March of 2012 and it is under my profile in my gallery so feel free to revisit it if the need arises.

I hope that helps my fellow CAGs. Happy hunting everyone :)

Mulder, on 04 May 2015 - 3:24 PM, said:

One thing for the procedure is that there are no New 3DSs available in the warehouse at this time, so I need to wait to test this approach.
Part 2 of the equation on how to get notification for items not on AWD and or ones say coming out in the future (like MGS V: CE)

Do this to get AWD listings for those items. Open a link to an AWD item (any item) but it needs to be an AWD link. Say something like this:

http://smile.amazon..../offer-listing/B00841ZJYO/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1430778305&sr=1-15

The part in bold is the Amazon's item listing and each item has its own unique listing identifier so to get the new XL item listing go to the item's page and from it's link get B00S1LRX3W

http://www.amazon.co...DS-XL-Black/dp/B00S1LRX3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1430778512&sr=1-1&keywords=new+3ds+xl

and replace the B00841ZJYO with B00S1LRX3W in the AWD link and voila you have AWD listing for an item not yet availabe.

http://smile.amazon..../offer-listing/B00S1LRX3W/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1430778305&sr=1-15

Here are all the new xl links:

Nintendo - New 3DS XL Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Limited Edition - Gold/Black
New Nintendo 3DS XL - Black
Nintendo New 3DS XL Red

I hope that helps. Good luck and happy hunting! :)

Previous Threads:

I: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/
XII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329928-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xii/
XIII: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334216-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xiii/
XIV: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340898-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xiv/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Two reasons:

- Don't have eBay credit like Amazon credit (thanks Amazon Trade thread!)

- On this forum, we like living...dangerously.
Ah, good point. I have to buy a lot of essentials on amazon so amazon credit is like cash to me and I still have to deal search if I want games.

its in my backlog along with 90 something other rpgs. I will get around to it eventually but not until it gets chosen in a what I play next poll.
DQ8 is great, up until you start spending hours on the casino roulette winning bet strategy and are able to afford most of the best equipment in the game. Fighting is a little one-sided after that point, meaning that random encounters get tedious quickly. I loved the game, though. Bought the DS versions cheap new on Amazon several years ago, but I never opened them. :(

DQ8 is great, up until you start spending hours on the casino roulette winning bet strategy and are able to afford most of the best equipment in the game. Fighting is a little one-sided after that point, meaning that random encounters get tedious quickly. I loved the game, though. Bought the DS versions cheap new on Amazon several years ago, but I never opened them. :(
Well then don't do that?

SwiftWind is the new Eldritch. Confirmed! :twisted:

:ps4: PlayStation 4 (G) $276.16 (Ninjad by sladeums! :lol:)
:ps4: DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - Glacier White (G) $35.24

:ps3: Gran Turismo 6 (G) $9.44

:vita: Sony PlayStation Vita WiFi (VG) $118.85

:3ds: New Nintendo 3DS XL - Black (G) $135.82
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS XL, Silver - Mario & Luigi Dream team Limited Edition (G) $117.86 (LN) $132.59

:ds: Nintendo DS Mario Kart Bundle (A) $55.19 (G) $58.87
:ds: Pokemon Pearl Version (A) $23.02 (G) $24.55 (LN) $27.62
Hmm I wonder if that Silver Mario & Luigi LN 3DS XL is a dinger..

Hmm I wonder if that Silver Mario & Luigi LN 3DS XL is a dinger..
Neither of the descriptions look like "dinger" description to me...the LN one looks like a trade-in, though you really can't tell with Amazon anymore. The G - if you go by the description - has this: "Item has minor cosmetic damage to top, front or sides. Item has minor cosmetic damage on bottom or back." making it a non-dinger.

how do you page monitor more then, say, 15 items without the extension going wonky and eventually just crashing your chrome and then mysteriously deleting all the things you were monitoring?   it's happened to me like 4 times now so I just keep it under 10 items and haven't had a problem since

how do you page monitor more then, say, 15 items without the extension going wonky and eventually just crashing your chrome and then mysteriously deleting all the things you were monitoring? it's happened to me like 4 times now so I just keep it under 10 items and haven't had a problem since
Yea, all of the program's seem to do this. They secretly have more browser windows open on your computer and they are refreshing however frequently your settings say it to. It is sucking the life out of your RAM. I installed 16GB RAM and a 480GB SSD... Still can't do more than about that much before it gets funky on me and slows things down.

how do you page monitor more then, say, 15 items without the extension going wonky and eventually just crashing your chrome and then mysteriously deleting all the things you were monitoring? it's happened to me like 4 times now so I just keep it under 10 items and haven't had a problem since
I'm monitoring about 140 items and I'm not having any problems on my laptop and my work computer...but, on my home desktop I get the "aw snap" screen every other click so I have all my extensions disabled on that browser. I'm on a Mac in all three places.

This is somewhat OT but the Amazon Fire phone is currently $130 and it includes a year of Prime. I've had this phone for 2 months now and it has worked great for me so far. I'm typing this on the phone as we speak.

If you need to re up the Prime subscription, you should consider getting the phone as it will cost you an additional $31 and you can use it as a back up or even a media player. You can also sideload the Google Play store to make the phone more of an Android experience.

Thanks for listening.
This is interesting, thanks for posting.

I already pay for prime and I'm currently on the lookout for a new phone. Assuming it's even a half decent phone this sounds great. My only concern is whether there are any kind of restrictions on the 1 year prime.

Does anyone have the Amazon visa card, and if so would you recommend it?
i enjoy it, easy too use an anytime you get bonus points before checkout you can apply it too the item too reduce it cost simple an easy.

just try hold out for bonus cash for applying for the card, think i got $75 gift card when i did it but the amount it offers for sign up goes up an down randomly for that offer think monthly not sure.

Does anyone have the Amazon visa card, and if so would you recommend it?
Its not great TBH. I barely use it anymore. Sure you get 3% back on amazon, but my AMEX blue gives me 3% back on everything, is almost double the interest rate (13% on blue, 20-25% on the amazon). Sure its convenient to add the points right there, but its not a great card if you have good credit. It is a good card if you have shit credit, but there is far better out there.

Yeah, DQ VIII 3D includes the symphonic score and Japanese VA. It would cost SE next to nothing to localize it, and yet here we are. The mobile version is just not fun to play anyway, without the amazing orchestrated OST and likable voice acting from the US PS2 version. The PS2 version still looks today, but I'd love to replay it on the 3DS just out of convenience. Playing it on a BC PS3 or on PCSX2 makes the game really pop visually, since it had good textures and a cell-shaded artstyle.

On the topic of DQ, saw that someone is selling sealed copies of :ds: DQ5 on Amazon for $29.99 plus shipping, which comes out to be a pretty good deal considering that the cheapest used copy is nearly $29 plus shipping and is cart only. Not AWD I guess, but I'm guessing there are at least some DQ fans here interested.
Wow...not even the orchestral score? That's fubar. Absolutely fubar. I've only sunk in a couple of hours into 8 but I can tell the soundtrack makes a lot of the game. No score, no game...well...the original one anyway. Now I'm really happy I didn't sink $15 in that piece of s***. And you know how stickler I am about a game's music.

I played some on an original PS2 with a Component > VGA box and it looked spectacular. Looks amazing too on my new BC PS3 (thanks again DS2U!) and now it's even easier to jump into some games I couldn't afford when they came out...Dragon Quest 4,5,6,7,8,9, Star Ocean 3, Radiata Stories (seems like a modded SO3...may or may not be for the better), even supposedly the worst Tales game Legendia...Yep...backlog is insane.

plus some of us have amazon credit via credit card points.
And another reason why we straitjacket ourselves to Amazon. I'm starting to feel codependent.

I've heard 5 is one of the best titles after 8. Haven't played 8 yet. not crazy about dropping that much on 5 a game I don't know if I like. So I'll just live vicariously through whichever one of you that does.
I managed to get most of the DS DQ games from the B2G1 GS sale on Wii/DS games in July. Then During the trade bump in late July I managed to catch a copy of DQ 5 Complete with artwork, case, and manual that just got traded in the day the bump started. Woot! Of course, there's also the mobile version and....they couldn't have changed the game that much from a DS version right? Unlike 8.

I have; I wouldnt mind 3DS or 2DS, really. Its $99 at GS (and I guess everywhere, since it is price drop) so I might get that instead of waiting around for an AWD glitch-deal.
2DS is the best. Get one of the crystal ones. They're totes radical.
Whoknows speaks the truth this time all the time. I got a good look at one at a GS earlier today. Wow...I always loved the translucent purple GBC that my rich elementary school classmates had playing Pokemon on them and all I could do was stare at it. Then the kids gave me dirty looks.

Ah, good point. I have to buy a lot of essentials on amazon so amazon credit is like cash to me and I still have to deal search if I want games.
One day I'll properly budget for all the housing essentials properly instead of allocating as much Amz credit on games, gear, and headphones. I mean I could use a good memory foam mattress, but come on, that Tales, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man collection wasn't going to pile up by itself...#priorities.

Its not great TBH. I barely use it anymore. Sure you get 3% back on amazon, but my AMEX blue gives me 3% back on everything, is almost double the interest rate (13% on blue, 20-25% on the amazon). Sure its convenient to add the points right there, but its not a great card if you have good credit. It is a good card if you have shit credit, but there is far better out there.
My credit score is over 790...so tell me what to get.

You must have gotten grandfathered in on something a while ago, because to my knowledge no personal amex card offers 3% back on everything.

In reference to dingers, I have seen some of you guys say that when the description includes: "minor cosmetic imperfection..........", AMZ warehouse is describing the outer packaging and not the item itself. 

However, I have seen some descriptions describe damage to the "item case". For example: Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Factory Sealed. Small mark on item case. Small cut / scratch on item case. Small wrinkle / bend on item case.

Is this just a case of inconsistent employee grading?

You must have gotten grandfathered in on something a while ago, because to my knowledge no personal amex card offers 3% back on everything.
You have to game the system a little bit. You get 6% cashback on groceries (up to 6k annually, used to be unlimited), and gift cards purchased at a grocery store are included. Plus this payout is in cash. 3% on gas and 3% on department stores, 1% everywhere else. So as long as you dont mind buying gift cards with this card at a grocery store, its 6% cash back on everything you can get a gift card for. No card comes close to this with 12.99 APR (with good credit, max APR is 21.99 with a 30% penalty APR). THe only negatives are, its an AMEX so its not accepted everywhere and it has a bad foreign currency rate, so no good if you travel a lot. It has an annual fee of 75$, but as long as you spend a minimum of 50$ a week on groceries/other items with this card, it pays for its self.

I managed to get most of the DS DQ games from the B2G1 GS sale on Wii/DS games in July. Then During the trade bump in late July I managed to catch a copy of DQ 5 Complete with artwork, case, and manual that just got traded in the day the bump started. Woot! Of course, there's also the mobile version and....they couldn't have changed the game that much from a DS version right? Unlike 8.
Actually, Square Enix's utter incompetence was responsible for removing all party chat in the localized version of DQ4 DS, a feature which was highlighted as a major feature in the Japanese DS and PS1 remakes of the game. Luckily party chat is still present in DQ5/6 in the US.

Another thing everyone complains about is the awful accents only present in the US versions of the DS remakes.

missing-ds-e.png
missing-nes-e.png

It didn't bother me as much as party chat being removed from DQ4, but it still got on my nerves a little bit.

On topic:

:gba: Game Boy Advance SP - Platinum (A) $39.24

Actually, Square Enix's utter incompetence was responsible for removing all party chat in the localized version of DQ4 DS, a feature which was highlighted as a major feature in the Japanese DS and PS1 remakes of the game. Luckily party chat is still present in DQ5/6 in the US.

Another thing everyone complains about is the awful accents only present in the US versions of the DS remakes.

missing-ds-e.png
missing-nes-e.png

It didn't bother me as much as party chat being removed from DQ4, but it still got on my nerves a little bit.

On topic:

Huh. So that garbage was just SE's shenanigans on the DS, huh. Thought this was Enix's doing, like a part of the lore. I blame Square for this.

Huh. So that garbage was just SE's shenanigans on the DS, huh. Thought this was Enix's doing, like a part of the lore. I blame Square for this.
It really annoys me with how great of a job they did localizing DQ8, and then they immediately make all these moronic decisions about the DS remakes in the US.

Still would rather have a flawed remake over not getting the games in the US at all. DQ IX sold 1.5 million copies in the west, most of which were sold at the $40 MSRP unlike DQ8 where most copies sold straight out of the bargain bin. Despite these high sales in the west, SE still refuses to localize any non-Dynasty Warriors DQ game, instead localizing games with significantly lower series sales in the US like Drakengard and Star Ocean.

yeah alot of grandfathered cards offer better stuff than the crap they have these days. Like the old capital one card I have from years ago has no interest. compare that to the 17% or whatever the amazon card has :/

missing-ds-e.png
missing-nes-e.png

On topic:

ugh yeah their localizations are very annoying to read. at least dq9 was. Besides that I hated dq9 because the games first story boss you aren't told to go to the lake to fight it. so I wandered around talking to npcs heard about where its dungeon was and went there which is where you are supposed to go AFTER you fight it at the lake.

missing-ds-e.png
missing-nes-e.png

...I liked the accents. They gave every area its own charm. Maybe it's because of all the Redwall books I read growing up that the dialects didn't bother me?

My (G) Atomic Purple N64 controller arrived with the following description arrived:

It was in one of their white boxes and did NOT include the original box or anything other than the controller. I know someone else ordered one so hopefully they have better luck than me. Sending this one back :(
Yup. Mine arrived exactly the same way. Back it goes.

Not exactly a warehouse deal, but new copies of Batman AK (PS4) have been dipping in price all morning.  I watched as about 15 copies sold in the last hour at $39.99. This was down about $5 from last night.  Lots of different sellers between $38-$43 (I was able to get the single copy available from a seller at $37).  Not a stellar deal but I was waiting for under $40 to burn through some credit....and I listened to "Mercy" from the commercial this morning which put me in a Batman state of mind.

missing-ds-e.png
missing-nes-e.png

On topic:

...I liked the accents. They gave every area its own charm. Maybe it's because of all the Redwall books I read growing up that the dialects didn't bother me?
The party chats in Bravely Default for me made it worth slugging through the extra boss fights in the latter half of the game (which I still need to go back and finish three bosses before the last one...or...two if you know what I mean). Of course, I doubt DQ has that repetitive of a plot.

As far as accents are concerned...I do side a bit with Vig on this one. Sure it's tougher to read, but then again in life, people are tough to read.

You probably wouldn't like Layton Bros. Mystery Room since the MC you play as also Scottish and Level-5 decided to lay the accents quite thick in the dialogue.

On topic: There's one DQ VII (G) and (A) left on AWD. So two of you lucky lurkers out there, go out and get em.

Curse you Amazon Warehouse. I just placed an order for the new Villager Amiibo that popped up for $16.xx, and added new Charizard and Greninja to my order. FML.

Yeah, so um...I saw this come up and the one click button was still there. I clicked it and nothing, so I started to spam click it. Nothing happened. I then clicked the add to cart button and it added, but in my cart it was $137 so I deleted it from my cart. I decided that I missed it and got really bummed out.

Then, I woke up this morning to an email from amazon. Apparently this happened:

tumblr_ntj84gQEjP1spket1o1_1280.png
I guess I didn't update earlier, but 2 of the 3 PS3s were canceled. I was expecting that to happen. I assumed it was a ghost order...but with myself. A single (A) PS3 was shipped and came in yesterday. I wondered how funny it would be if it was missing a controller and I called to complain and they gave me $40 credit or something, but in all honesty I would never have done that. It wasn't a dinger, but I was pretty surprised to find out what they shipped me (in spoiler below). Everything works perfectly and for $23.69 I'm pretty happy about it.

Yes, that is a first party gold sony controller.

tumblr_ntr2unFCD21spket1o1_540.jpg

I guess I didn't update earlier, but 2 of the 3 PS3s were canceled. I was expecting that to happen. I assumed it was a ghost order...but with myself. A single (A) PS3 was shipped and came in yesterday. I wondered how funny it would be if it was missing a controller and I called to complain and they gave me $40 credit or something, but in all honesty I would never have done that. It wasn't a dinger, but I was pretty surprised to find out what they shipped me (in spoiler below). Everything works perfectly and for $23.69 I'm pretty happy about it.

Very nice find. Once you find it working this may or may not be your victory dance.

JO4uMRz.gif

Not exactly a warehouse deal, but new copies of Batman AK (PS4) have been dipping in price all morning. I watched as about 15 copies sold in the last hour at $39.99. This was down about $5 from last night. Lots of different sellers between $38-$43 (I was able to get the single copy available from a seller at $37). Not a stellar deal but I was waiting for under $40 to burn through some credit....and I listened to "Mercy" from the commercial this morning which put me in a Batman state of mind.
That game will be $40 and lower from now on and will be $20 on black friday.

Damn, that worked out well.

yup, that one turned out way better then the one I paid $63 for... nice grab!

hey you can catch up on all those HD DVD movies you've missed with this great value

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player (A) $20.64

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000JHO4L0/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
I got one of these about a month or so ago. Didn't come with a manual. Glad it didn't need some kind of start-up disc. Does the Xbox 360 HD DVD player not support dual-audio output?

I have my 360 hooked up through HDMI and with an audio adapter connected to my Turtle Beach XLA headphones. There's audio going to my television, nothing in my headphones when I play a movie in the HD DVD player.

There was at least two of those XLs, I got one as well. Hopefully it doesn't come with the screen all scratched up.
Well, this came today. Let's see what we have.

20921407742_fe3f562243_c.jpg

OK, looks like it's some sort of case. That's a nice little bonus. The back is considerably more scratched than the front, though. :(

Let's open it up.

20938715541_12c1d5126e_c.jpg

OK, the front looks in pretty good shape. I get a nice oversized stylus, too. So far so good. Let's see the screens.

20904877986_b068290c7a_c.jpg
20904877686_8ebd254f51_c.jpg

Oh man, the screens are basically flawless. This is awesome!

Let's see what the back looks like. Wait...is there a game in there?

20310118423_158400a9a5_c.jpg

It's Sonic Rush!

Let's see what's under that flap in the case.

20931143365_f9e2f30cb3_c.jpg

DAAAAAAAMMN. I have all the Mario games, but Pokemon Black and Nintendogs are nice additions for the kids.

Well, this came today. Let's see what we have.

20921407742_fe3f562243_c.jpg

OK, looks like it's some sort of case. That's a nice little bonus. The back is considerably more scratched than the front, though. :(

Let's open it up.

20938715541_12c1d5126e_c.jpg

OK, the front looks in pretty good shape. I get a nice oversized stylus, too. So far so good. Let's see the screens.

20904877986_b068290c7a_c.jpg
20904877686_8ebd254f51_c.jpg

Oh man, the screens are basically flawless. This is awesome!

Let's see what the back looks like. Wait...is there a game in there?

20310118423_158400a9a5_c.jpg

It's Sonic Rush!

Let's see what's under that flap in the case.

20931143365_f9e2f30cb3_c.jpg

DAAAAAAAMMN. I have all the Mario games, but Pokemon Black and Nintendogs are nice additions for the kids.
Too bad you didn't get that during Gamestop's Flip-a-Palooza--there would have been nearly $100 worth of GS credit for the non-Nintendogs games.

Congrats on the pickup, though. :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back