All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a LN Forbidden West CE for $65 prime day, came new
Good to hear. I'm uneasy about my (VG) order due to the digital codes but the description has true dinger potential. I'll post my 25% promo haul once everything comes in.

L
Yea I quit buying JoyCons from AWD, every single set of the multiple I have purchased has been trash, and some of the OLEDs I’ve purchased have had theirs swapped for fakes with the white set, I sure hope they aren’t giving full refunds to these folks. AWD made good on each one though, if you contact them they should refund you the cost of the one that’s bad.
Dirt bag customers engaged in return fraud. It's wild that they don't try harder to catch it. Not only is it illegal but their policy of giving full refunds without sufficient evaluation has to hurt their bottom line and increase costs for all of us.

Imagine paying employees to poorly "evaluate" an item and how much additional cost that dgaf generates: a refund is generated, employee time to rebox and reinventory, then when resold incorrectly wasting employee time, shipping money, and good customer time to ship garbage out and back to some poor good customer's home.

It has to be worth paying those return graders more money to do a better job.

Dirt bag customers engaged in return fraud. It's wild that they don't try harder to catch it. Not only is it illegal but their policy of giving full refunds without sufficient evaluation has to hurt their bottom line and increase costs for all of us.

Imagine paying employees to poorly "evaluate" an item and how much additional cost that dgaf generates: a refund is generated, employee time to rebox and reinventory, then when resold incorrectly wasting employee time, shipping money, and good customer time to ship garbage out and back to some poor good customer's home.

It has to be worth paying those return graders more money to do a better job.
It's pretty easy to profit when it's an unequal playing field and Amazon pays virtually no corporate income taxes, and nearing a pseudo monopoly on retail sales.

All I know is based on the amount of fake joy con swaps I’ve had, I’m afraid it’s a common fraud for them, maybe their insurance covers it? I’m unsure, I’ve actually never had to send back bogus items, they’ve always been really good about the situation. But joy cons aren’t that expensive it seems like a stretch to go through the hassle of fraud, but it’s beyond me.

Had a couple delayed shipments but here's my awd 25% promo haul.
[attachment=37103:awd25.jpg]

Horizon Forbidden West CE - $62.63 after 25% promo. 
(VG) Small mark on disk.
Brand new with circle seals unbroken.  Outer box with the orange release date sticker had minor boxcutter damage. 

Metroid Dread SE - $44.92 after 25% promo
(G) Medium mark on disk. Moderate cosmetic damage on item case.
Wasn't sealed and had some big creases on outer box.  Inner CE contents sealed and undamaged. Had to press this one out by collapsing the outer box and placing it under some heavy books for a while.

NIS Classics Volume 1 - $16.86 after 25% promo.  
(A) Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large cosmetic damage on item case. Large cosmetic damage on insert. Large cosmetic damage on cover art. Large cosmetic damage on boxed set case. Item may come repackaged.
Scary description but actually came sealed with broken shrink wrap on the back and slightly rounded corners. 

ASUS ROG Strix B660-I itx motherboard - $109.68 after 25% promo
(A) -no description-
Complete and tested fine. Clean socket. Probably a refurb unit from Asus.

Gigabyte GTX 1660 OC 6gb gpu - $151.49 after 25% promo
(A) Cosmetic imperfection(s) bigger than 1" on top, front or sides of item. Cosmetic imperfection(s) bigger than 1" on bottom or back of item. Missing bonus material. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.
Lots of white stickers.  Card is fine.  Best $150 option I've seen in a long time.

Adata XPG Core Reactor 850w Gold atx psu - $43.99 after 25% promo
(VG) Minor cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

Complete but unwrapped cables, probably a return.  Tested fine.  An adata psu sounds terrible at first but this unit is actually very similar to the Corsair rmx line, coming from the same manufacturer.

Ordered an acceptable $29 sakuna divine edition of rice and ruin that was acceptable said it may be repackaged. Ended up still having everything sealed and the box was a dinger. Finally something good.

Hopefully it isn't covered with soap or some type of liquid. Since that's the most common issue for non dingers in my experiece. 

I've had 2 good switch lite purchases in the past from awd. got the animal crossing one and a regular gray one for my mom and niece since she's super into animal crossing. Both were sub 150 and the gray one was a dinger. Animal crossing one was opened but otherwise also a dinger since everything was still wrapped inside minus the switch which was inside an animal crossing case.

Hopefully it isn't covered with soap or some type of liquid. Since that's the most common issue for non dingers in my experiece.

I've had 2 good switch lite purchases in the past from awd. got the animal crossing one and a regular gray one for my mom and niece since she's super into animal crossing. Both were sub 150 and the gray one was a dinger. Animal crossing one was opened but otherwise also a dinger since everything was still wrapped inside minus the switch which was inside an animal crossing case.
Damn, I'd bite on an OG switch sub $150.

Got a (A) Switch OLED. That actually came complete with a minor tear on the box. But the system looked unused, and all the accessories were still wrapped/sealed. Warranty ends November 2022. But saved $80 over new price. So not bad.

Got a Series X. I Have no fucking idea why, but I saw it and added and went to checkout and now to wait and see how it shows up.
I would’ve bought a second one at that price but, for whatever reason Amazon is limiting sales on series x even if they are from AWD. Weird to me but, whatever.

I would’ve bought a second one at that price but, for whatever reason Amazon is limiting sales on series x even if they are from AWD. Weird to me but, whatever.
I Was straight up planning to get a Series S one of these days to go with my Series X for the heck of it, but that price and hearing everyone basically getting new consoles just made the temptation too damn great.

Got a (A) Switch OLED. That actually came complete with a minor tear on the box. But the system looked unused, and all the accessories were still wrapped/sealed. Warranty ends November 2022. But saved $80 over new price. So not bad.
How do you know when a warranty ends?

Ordered a Razer charger off AWD so my 3rd controller would have a charging stad. This...is how it arrived.

I'm dying.

[attachment=37178:20220809_150549.jpg]

It did! I can't figure out if they combined two returned items into one or if they went "oh the product picture has a controller quick grab one."

My fiancée saw it and went "...You're gonna need another charger now, you know."
More likely someone is wondering where their controller went because they shipped back the charger and the controller by accident.

More likely someone is wondering where their controller went because they shipped back the charger and the controller by accident.
Hopefully not a case of a gaming ignorant spouse misunderstanding "hey, can drop off my controller recharger Amazon return for me at Kohls while you are in there? It's on the table down in the basement. Thank you!"

Hopefully not a case of a gaming ignorant spouse misunderstanding "hey, can drop off my controller recharger Amazon return for me at Kohls while you are in there? It's on the table down in the basement. Thank you!"
Pretty sure that's why my fiancée bags everything up and just says "my Amazon return," so I don't mishear her and scoop up ALL THE THINGS.

It did! I can't figure out if they combined two returned items into one or if they went "oh the product picture has a controller quick grab one."

My fiancée saw it and went "...You're gonna need another charger now, you know."
They sent me a random used Sharpee once. This is obviously better.

How do you all find these series X's? I can on ever see the S
Right place and right time and allot of luck. I Happened to get one because they originally had acceptable listing one, but it sold out, but the listing stayed so I kept adding to cart until it finally added.

Just impulsively grabbed a Series S at $177.92 after promo.  Then I remembered the absence of a disc drive - which has me reconsidering already.

bread's done
Back