Amazon week-long Black Friday BD & TV deals [non calender] - COMPLETE LIST 11/26

postulio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Very lukewarm deals on those BDs. Can't wait til they get serious and drop most of them to $5.[/QUOTE]

cmon, lets be serious here. DVDs have been around for how long? and only now they are beginning to drop to those prices.

Nice price on the Harry Potter Years 1-5 collection...$55, sure you pay $1 more per movie than what you can get at WallyWorld on Friday, but you don't have to fight the crowd...worth the premium IMO

[quote name='postulio']cmon, lets be serious here. DVDs have been around for how long? and only now they are beginning to drop to those prices.[/QUOTE]

There have been $5 DVD deals for a heck of a long time--especially during holiday sales.

But yeah, some patience is needed. Blu Rays have been slower to drop in prices than DVD--largely because we didn't have the benefit of online stores like Reel.com, 800.com etc. that bankrupted themselves through crazy DVD sales back from 1998-2000 or so.

But prices are finally getting to reasonable levels. $15-20 is the absolute most I'll pay for a movie since I so seldom watch one of the 300+ movies I own as I usually watch something from netflix instead, and at least it's pretty easy to get most movies I want on blu for those prices now. Goozex doing movie trading has helped as well--both in acquiring movies and getting my points balance whittled down since I don't game much anymore.

Trying to decide to get the Harry Potter set. I was wanting to get the individual movies but an extra $1 each to be done with it is a good deal. I just wonder if it will go lower.

i wont pay more than 14$ per blu. but either way i think current prices are not bad. new releases for 16-20 is great. im fine with a couple month old releases for 10-14.

i guess it depends on your taste and/or backlog.

btw, if anyone is interested in the Ocean's trilogy, amazon has all 3 separately for 10$, 10$ and 11$ (respectively).

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Trying to decide to get the Harry Potter set. I was wanting to get the individual movies but an extra $1 each to be done with it is a good deal. I just wonder if it will go lower.[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well. But have the 5th one on its way to me from Goozex--so I guess I'll just pick up the first 4 individually (hopefully get a couple more from Goozex) vs. buying that and having to send my Goozex copy back out.

Any chance of those Blus going lower as the week goes on? This is my first time doing Black Friday week with Amazon.

I'm with Blackout. This is my first real Black Friday spree. What are the chances the prices on those will drop further? I was looking at the action pack (for the 2 transporter movies) and Spaceballs. Plus, I have to pick up Nightmare Before Xmas for 15.49 (hoping that drops this week).

[quote name='genfuyung']Trying to figure out the chances of wolverine dropping to below 10 bucks sometime late in the week. Cant imagine it will.[/QUOTE]
Err. . .did you check the Amazon calendar thread? It's going to be $10 on BD and $9 TONIGHT @ 8PM PST.

Ugh, I know I shouldn't spend money but Drag Me To Hell for $15, Ronin for $9, Silence of the Lambs for $9, and Quantum of Solace for $10 are just too damn tempting...

it is very unlikely any of the low prices will drop anymore. they stabilize by tonight. some of the 20$ stuff may fall.

wolverine will be 10 tonight, wont be lower than that for a loong time. by the way, this week is a looooot better in terms of bd deals than last year was.

[quote name='Demontooth']I'm talking myself out of this Wolverine blu-ray. The countdown needs to hurry.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat but grabbed it anyways, anyone know how the picture quality +etc is? In the end it's just a very fun action movie to have around in the background.

[quote name='Blackout']Are the Bond movies worth getting on Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

From the ones on sale, I'd say only 'From Russia with Love' is worth getting.

[quote name='Blackout']Are the Bond movies worth getting on Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

Yes, especially if you can get them cheap. Goldfinger looks amazing for being so old.

[quote name='dmaul1114']There have been $5 DVD deals for a heck of a long time--especially during holiday sales.

But yeah, some patience is needed. Blu Rays have been slower to drop in prices than DVD--largely because we didn't have the benefit of online stores like Reel.com, 800.com etc. that bankrupted themselves through crazy DVD sales back from 1998-2000 or so.

But prices are finally getting to reasonable levels. $15-20 is the absolute most I'll pay for a movie since I so seldom watch one of the 300+ movies I own as I usually watch something from netflix instead, and at least it's pretty easy to get most movies I want on blu for those prices now. Goozex doing movie trading has helped as well--both in acquiring movies and getting my points balance whittled down since I don't game much anymore.[/QUOTE]

umm wat. bluray prices have/are dropping WAY faster than dvds. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I picked up Quantum of Solace Blu with my Smallville sets last night since its the only Bond film I don't have. I own the rest on DVD.

For what it's worth, Caprica is up for $7.99, and a favorite hidden gem of mine, The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982, starring Ian McKellen and Jane Seymour) is $9.99.

Just a heads up guys: Fast & Furious will be $10 on BD and $8 on DVD. Not the greatest of deals, but it is what it is.

The Office (Seasons 1-4): $12.99 each
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Seasons 1-6): $15.49 each
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Seasons 1-6 Multipack): $79.99

[quote name='manthing']From the ones on sale, I'd say only 'From Russia with Love' is worth getting.[/QUOTE]

If you buy Never say never again, Sean Connery will personally come to your house and slap you.

[quote name='dinovelvet']If you buy Never say never again, Sean Connery will personally come to your house and slap you.[/QUOTE]

sweet! always wanted to meet him.

(yes, i bought it, its james bond and ive never seen it)

bread's done
Back