Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LoveLost']I bought them all and under some weird misunderstanding I also received Banjo Kazooie for free. I fucking love you Amazon!!!![/QUOTE]

Wow, on top of all the sales, you also get something for free. Seems like amazon is exceeding my expectations on this one.

Bit on Doom for $3. Too many memories not to scoop it up and get some easy cheese in the process. Had a blast with it. Can't beat shotgunning pixelated demons on a 50 inch plasma! ;)

This is one of the best directions for the XBL marketplace to move in. There is no doubt I'll be buying more content this way if they continue to offer deals. :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='LoveLost']I bought them all and under some weird misunderstanding I also received Banjo Kazooie for free. I fucking love you Amazon!!!![/quote]

OK, I think I am about to call Shinanigans on this one.
Several people have asked for for him to elaborate and there has been no response.

Got PAC Man CE. Amazon discounting these arcade games is a smart idea. Microsoft needs to do this themselves more often.

Wish Doom was $3 for the PSP or something. I'm so tempted, but I'd be more likely to play it on the go. Will I really sit down at my 32" TV to play it?

And does it support saving anywhere? It really needs it (well all games do, but rarely have that ability on consoles).

[quote name='Wolfpup']And does it support saving anywhere? It really needs it (well all games do, but rarely have that ability on consoles).[/quote]
Yup. It's pretty much required to get the Rampage achievement.

[quote name='lolwaut']do you think amazon will ever be able to do this with PSN titles?[/quote]

Probably. I've seen a couple rumors about it already.

omg i love doom yah
mypictures5.jpg
mypictures10.jpg

[quote name='daminion']Got Doom. Already has Undertow and have Pac-Man on the Namco disk.[/quote]

same.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Bit on Doom for $3. Too many memories not to scoop it up and get some easy cheese in the process. Had a blast with it. Can't beat shotgunning pixelated demons on a 50 inch plasma! ;)

This is one of the best directions for the XBL marketplace to move in. There is no doubt I'll be buying more content this way if they continue to offer deals. :applause::applause::applause:[/quote]

Ditto! Also, make sure you change your TV's display to JUST (or whatever equivalent horizontal stretch setting you may have)... makes it even better :)

Just bought Doom for my roommate. I haven't played doom since WAY back when.. Can't wait to play it. I also saw that they have the original Geometry Wars Evolved for $5. Didn't know if anyone had seen that so I thought I'd pass it along.

[quote name='JeweledPanther']Just bought Doom for my roommate. I haven't played doom since WAY back when.. Can't wait to play it. I also saw that they have the original Geometry Wars Evolved for $5. Didn't know if anyone had seen that so I thought I'd pass it along.[/quote]
Thanks, but the origibnal Geo Wars has been $5 on the in the marketplace for a long time.

Damn, I should have read the thread before jumping on this. Would've probably preferred just getting the Namco disc. Oh well, it's $5.

I caved on Doom for $3 bucks. Moslty hoping a friend of mine with co-op with me and the achievements make it worth it. I have played Doom 1 so many times but for three bucks this should be funny on the HDTV

Great to see some deals on the XBLA hoping to see more enjoy everybody...

I loved launching Doom, then launching the Gears of War trailer (that's no longer on there). Complete riot what 10+ years does.

The problem with pacman on the namco disc and other discs is that i am far less likely to play it, having to pop in the disc to play casual games just isn't worth it, i want to keep my main game in the drive, and hit up any games on my hdd for a quick spin and then leave or jump onto a main game, gears or whatever. I wish those namco disc unlocked the arcade games to your hdd. That would be the best then. So that means Pacman for 5 for me!

[quote name='ParadoxSeven']The problem with pacman on the namco disc and other discs is that i am far less likely to play it, having to pop in the disc to play casual games just isn't worth it, i want to keep my main game in the drive, and hit up any games on my hdd for a quick spin and then leave or jump onto a main game, gears or whatever. I wish those namco disc unlocked the arcade games to your hdd. That would be the best then. So that means Pacman for 5 for me![/QUOTE]

this is the main reason why I prefer downloading the games as well.

As lazy as it sounds, if I'm laying on my bed waiting for my friends to finish a halo match (or what have you), I can boot up a quick game of pac-man right off my hdd instead of getting up, swapping discs, etc.

As far as some of the arcade compilation discs go, even though it is annoying have to pop the disc in, sometimes the deals on them are simply too good to pass up. Live Unplugged is $10 on Newegg. You get six games and a month of Live.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']i have NEVER played doom, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]Nostalgia is a key part in playing Doom these days.

[quote name='Popnmusic']Not sure if this has been posted but Geometry Wars Evolved is also 50% off[/quote]

I am definitely for a suspension of the next person who mentions this as a "deal".

[quote name='KingBroly']I am definitely for a suspension of the next person who mentions this as a "deal".[/quote]

Where's the guy with the signature that has Samuel L. Jackson yelling "Read the motherfucking thread before you motherfucking post"?

Two things:

1) The Doom deal has ended, and is now five dollars once again.

2) Could the thread creator PLEASE add something to the original post that says Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved was ALWAYS five dollars.

I'm glad I went ahead and got Doom as well. After getting Pac-Man C.E. I was hesitant but it was well worth the $3 I spent. I've played Doom for hours these last two days. I hope Amazon keeps these deals coming seeing as Doom is already back to regular price.

[quote name='tcolberg']Where's the guy with the signature that has Samuel L. Jackson yelling "Read the motherfucking thread before you motherfucking post"?[/quote]Right motherfuckin' here motherfucker and I shoulda read the motherfuckin' thread as I missed out on Doom. Actually, it's a game I've had a demo of forever, and I thought I had finally buckled and unlocked the full game, but I went to play it tonight, I saw it was still a demo, went to amazon to get it cheaply and damn. Oh well, I played the everliving crap out of it a long time ago anyway. BTW, if it was Doom 2 with the Aliens mod, oh man that would be so awesome.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is the Doom sale temporary?[/quote]Looks that way.

I really hope they do some sales on new stuff, like Outrun-- I really would like to get it but it'd be great to see them "test" this new method with a big sale. ;)

It's probably just a goofy quirk, but I was just did a sort on price from low to high and two ten dollar games were mixed in with the five dollar games:

Galaga Legions
Bankshot Billiards 2

Could they be in the process of dropping the prices on those or is it just a glitch in the series of tubes known as the interwebs?

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Two things:

1) The Doom deal has ended, and is now five dollars once again.

2) Could the thread creator PLEASE add something to the original post that says Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved was ALWAYS five dollars.[/quote]

What's really strange is that right now it's listed on Amazon as $10. No discounts to be applied.

But yeah, always five bucks on the ms marketplace.

[quote name='Ken from Amazon']The price for Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved will be $10 when the 50% off is over.

We work hard to ensure that we offer the best price possible.

I appreciate the time you took to write to us and have passed your comments on to our team.[/quote]
So I don't know if they'll fix it and give us another 50% off (which would be hot).

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']
2) Could the thread creator PLEASE add something to the original post that says Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved was ALWAYS five dollars.[/quote]

Oddly enough, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved is now Ten Dollars on Amazon.

[quote name='Cameron4All']OK, I think I am about to call Shinanigans on this one.
Several people have asked for for him to elaborate and there has been no response.[/QUOTE]
Okay so i'm gonna elaborate on what happened. I bought banjo kazooie nuts and bolts when it was first sold at $20 a couple months ago. I just bought these games at the discount prices. My code for Galaga legions Didn't work it said this code has been used before. I called amazon to complain and they thought i was calling cus i never received the promo code that they did when you preordered banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, so they sent me the code for the original banjo kazooie and they also fixed the Galaga Legions problem. Therefore I got a free game from amazon.

[quote name='LoveLost']Okay so i'm gonna elaborate on what happened. I bought banjo kazooie nuts and bolts when it was first sold at $20 a couple months ago. I just bought these games at the discount prices. My code for Galaga legions Didn't work it said this code has been used before. I called amazon to complain and they thought i was calling cus i never received the promo code that they did when you preordered banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, so they sent me the code for the original banjo kazooie and they also fixed the Galaga Legions problem. Therefore I got a free game from amazon.[/quote]

So, you mislead us with your trickery! Congrats on the free game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back