Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone bought this since June 30th? On the top it says valid through May 2nd, but the "details" lists it as ending June 30th. I want to buy this for points for Banjo Tooie, but if I am not going to get the $10 certificate, I'll just wait and buy the points somewhere else.

About 3 hours before the sale ends, so would appreciate a reply.

after you hit the buy, how long does it take to get yer code. seems to jus tbe sitting at the "Please wait while we process your order..." screen

[quote name='RollingSkull']Go back to the cliff overlook where the entrance to the western level is. Use Split Up to open the path there.[/quote]

Thanks... I'm apperently too stupid to play this game, 'cause I can't find it even with multiple FAQs :lol: I STILL don't know where the heck the split up pads are, but maybe I'll take a look around.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks... I'm apperently too stupid to play this game, 'cause I can't find it even with multiple FAQs :lol: I STILL don't know where the heck the split up pads are, but maybe I'll take a look around.[/quote]

Cool, I looked, and found the pad no problem this time. Thanks again RollingSkull! Now I'll probably get stuck in the NEXT world instead :lol:

wow, i didn't even know about this. I was pretty happy to get the 5 bucks. I think I'll wait until space invaders extreme comes out Wednesday. Hopefully amazon will have a code for that.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']-Promotional discount expires at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on June 30, 2009.

??????[/QUOTE]

Yeah so is it May 2nd or June 30?

[quote name='PerfectCr']Yeah so is it May 2nd or June 30?[/QUOTE]

The deal ends May 2nd; the promotional $5 or $10 credit expires on June 30th if you don't use it before then.

[quote name='UlysisAM']The deal ends May 2nd; the promotional $5 or $10 credit expires on June 30th if you don't use it before then.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok, makes sense, too bad I missed it. :(

so, yo use yer 5 doller credit. just add a game, to yer amazon acount. go to check out and it will work? No promo code or nothing needed, and will it work on a 5 doller game, to make it free?

I bought a 1600 points card and got my $5 credit (and used it). Later, I bought a 4000 points card, but I haven't gotten my code yet. Can I only take advantage of this deal once?

Yup, only once.

Bought 4000 points, planning to use the $10 to buy a 1600 card for and additional $10, but I have been holding out on that for a while, just in-case Amazon dropped the price on another game. If nothing comes up, guess I'll just stockpile some points.

[quote name='moojuice']Yup, only once.

Bought 4000 points, planning to use the $10 to buy a 1600 card for and additional $10, but I have been holding out on that for a while, just in-case Amazon dropped the price on another game. If nothing comes up, guess I'll just stockpile some points.[/quote]

Great thinking dude. I'm going to do exactly the same.

[quote name='Flak']Nope, Amazon seems to have cooled off. It'd be real nice if they had a sale on BC:Rearmed though.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already just buy it now. The game is totally worth $10

[quote name='pop311']I too could not wait any longer and bought Banjo Tooie from MS instead of Amazon. I love this game so much.[/QUOTE]

I'm dying to play that too. Except, when I went to turn on my xbox that day, someone put red christmas lights on my 360. So it's killing me over here!

The Amazon thing has really spooked me from buying older XBLA titles. If I was to buy say 1942 Joint Strike and then I find out that it is $5.00 on amazon a few days later I would feel really stupid.

Arg, when is Amazon going to finally put up Banjo-Tooie for sale? I've been waiting with my $5 off discount for a few weeks now and I own everything else that I would want from XBLA. I wish Amazon would offer game add-ons, though, I would have been able to spend this already on some DLC.

I liked Undertow, its like star wars battlefront except side scrolling and underwater. You capture command posts, kill people, uses vehicles, and fight some aliens.

[quote name='yukafls']I liked Undertow, its like star wars battlefront except side scrolling and underwater. You capture command posts, kill people, uses vehicles, and fight some aliens.[/QUOTE]

Which reminds me of how angry I am that SW:BF3 got the axe, what a great series of games :cry:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Which reminds me of how angry I am that SW:BF3 got the axe, what a great series of games :cry:[/quote]

Same here

[quote name='yukafls']I liked Undertow, its like star wars battlefront except side scrolling and underwater. You capture command posts, kill people, uses vehicles, and fight some aliens.[/quote]

I wouldn't say SW BF so much as Battlefield. You go around capturing points using infantry or vehicles and focus heavily on teamwork.

I wish someone would leak the actually xbox deals of the week for this month. I haven't bought anything but Virtual On since because I would kick myself if it went on sale next week. Now ifI knew it wasn't for the month then I would go ahead and purchase it.

[quote name='phijarv']Ummm, it is what the thread is titled, and it's the only one still alive at $5.

N.gif
[/quote]
I stand corrected, thank you sir.

I really like Undertow. Too bad everybody climbed on the hate train when it came out and called it a terrible game without giving it a chance. It has an interesting (although cheesy) story, multiple factions with different character types, frantic 8v8 multiplayer, co-op, some fun territories-style objective game play, 4 character types to choose from each with advantages/disadvantages, RPG-like selective leveling of character types, power-ups, and a familiar geometry wars control scheme with cool underwater visuals and sound. What's not to like?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I wish someone would leak the actually xbox deals of the week for this month. I haven't bought anything but Virtual On since because I would kick myself if it went on sale next week. Now ifI knew it wasn't for the month then I would go ahead and purchase it.[/QUOTE]

I cannot conceive of them discounting it in the next month--the deals are always for very old releases.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I cannot conceive of them discounting it in the next month--the deals are always for very old releases.[/quote]

What about Flock? 5 dollars off and it wasn't even a month old.

Regardless, if you read his post he said the only thing he DID buy was Virtual On. Not that he wanted to buy it.

Not a deal, just an observation.

XBLA title "Duke Nukem 3D" seems to have climbed the "Bestsellers" chart over at the Amazon Xbox Live store. Of course the closure of 3D Realms and the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever had some influence over it.

[quote name='webdoggy']What about Flock? 5 dollars off and it wasn't even a month old.

Regardless, if you read his post he said the only thing he DID buy was Virtual On. Not that he wanted to buy it.[/quote]

Flock was an Amazon sale. It had nothing to do with the "deal of the week" that that poster was talking about. No one has leaked the details of the deal of the week deals for May yet. That is what he's asking for.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Flock was an Amazon sale. It had nothing to do with the "deal of the week" that that poster was talking about. No one has leaked the details of the deal of the week deals for May yet. That is what he's asking for.[/quote]

Guess I should have read more closely. I assumed he was talking about Amazon deals since it was in a thread discussing them, not Deals of the Week. My mistake.

[quote name='worrybomb']Not a deal, just an observation.

XBLA title "Duke Nukem 3D" seems to have climbed the "Bestsellers" chart over at the Amazon Xbox Live store. Of course the closure of 3D Realms and the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever had some influence over it.[/quote]
It's been high on the best sellers chart ever since it was $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back