Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MOT']I bought a 1600 pt card. How do I get my extra $5 credit? Does it go to my Amazon account or onto XBL?[/quote]

Amazon e-mails you within 1-2 days. It goes to your Amazon account.

Got my credit email this morning at 7:54 ET. It is a automatic credit that is automatically applied when you check out.

...too bad the ECA codes don't work on Xbox Live purchases through Amazon. :whistle2:(

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']About a month ago I was up to 22,000 because a bunch of people got me ms point cards for my birthday in late feb. If there was a cap like that then it was removed before then. I have 16,900 and something at the moment. I doubt I will probably buy anymore points for probably over a year. Especially since amazon is selling arcade games now also.[/quote]I haven't tried to add points to my account that would take me over 15,000 in a while, though as I have one card on-hand and 13,900 in my account at the moment, I'll give it a try later and see what happens.

[quote name='mistermoravec']I've had over 17,000 before (lasted me about 3 months, damn rock band). Though recently I tried adding three 4000 point cards right after another and it wouldn't let me. I had to wait 24 hours before entering the 3rd one.

my flock code just went through too.[/quote]I've never been able to get over 15,000 before, so they may have changed the limit. I'll see if I can go over 15,000 and see if it works.

[quote name='Reimu']Amazon e-mails you within 1-2 days. It goes to your Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

It's also important to note that the credit will be applied to your next Amazon Xbox Live store purchase only. The email came today and I ordered yesterday.

I was all pumped about Flock weeks before it even came out.
It sounded awesome.
I read the reviews so I decided to try the demo first.
Through the first few levels I was like "cool! I can't wait to get this!"
....Then the stupidity reigned supreme....
I know they are stupid sheep but....
No matter what I did they ran for the nearest cliff.
Even if the only way there was actually through my light beam.
After about a half hour of that, I was like "Fornicate that Feces!"
Great concept! Really good graphics! Messed up execution...
Glad I tried it first.

Like everyone else, my Flock code worked today and I got my $5 credit email. I think I'll spend that on Banjo Tooie next week.

Got my $5 credit. Now what to spend it on...

The TMNT arcade game is just $5, and I'd kind of like to play that again. I've still got my NES copy :D

It's kind of a crappy fighting game though, not particularly deep, and cheap if I'm remembering right...but then most arcade games are like that :whistle2:/

I wish I had picked up lode runner yesterday when it was only 800pts... I thought about it, thinking it may be a price mistake...but I thought I would try out the demo first. Got home last night and it is back up to 1200...no way. There are very few games out there worth 1200 pts. I have 80 arcade games...I've paid 1200 for three of those, and two of those are now arcade hits...that has taught me to wait. I've now bought braid, flock, and penny arcade for less because of my patience.

Stupid new arcade pricing...I love these amazon sales...but as other people already said, I wish I could use my ms points so I could avoid sales tax...it makes the deals less appealing since I don't have to pay sales tax on pts at my local bby

[quote name='mistermoravec']I wish I had picked up lode runner yesterday when it was only 800pts... I thought about it, thinking it may be a price mistake...but I thought I would try out the demo first. Got home last night and it is back up to 1200...no way. There are very few games out there worth 1200 pts.[/quote]

I did the same thing. @ 800 pts, I'll pull the trigger on a lot, 1200 gives me pause. I think I can wait Lode Runner out.

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but apparently the credit from purchasing the points expires on June 30 at 11:59 Pacific. Shouldn't be hard to use it if Amazon keeps bringing out the deals. Just thought I'd bring that up for anyone who was considering getting the points for the credit or for the people who may have overlooked that in the email.

I think its better to instead get $10 on 4000 points when you can just buy 2 1600 point cards which give you $5 each, 2 cards would total 3200 while paying less and still getting $10 credit all together

[quote name='Jestifex']I think its better to instead get $10 on 4000 points when you can just buy 2 1600 point cards which give you $5 each, 2 cards would total 3200 while paying less and still getting $10 credit all together[/quote]

1 credit per household...and your post doesn't even make sense...If it weren't 1 credit per household then it would be better (cheaper) to get the 1600 point cards, not the 4000.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Got my $5 Credit this morning, and Flock was still $10 thus minus my credit i got it for $5.[/QUOTE]

same :applause:

I got my $10 credit this morning, too. I used it to buy 1600 points for only another $10. And I have a $100 gift card to Amazon, so I used $50 of it to get the 4000 points.

Basically, I only "paid" $60 to get $70 worth of points. And I'd rather spend my gift card and credit on points because games and dlc will always have a chance to go on sale, whereas points will, most likely, not. I view it as getting a discount on cash. haha

Yeah, I thought you couldn't get a discount on both. If you can, I'd be tempted, although why I don't know, given I already have thousands of points I'm not sure what to do with.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Looks like the Flock deal is dead now, it's back up to $15.[/quote]

I tried the demo last night. It was kind of "meh" for me. Most reviews are saying the same thing. I think Capcom was trying to cash in on Little Big Planet's visual style or something.

There was a homebrew sheep herding game on Dreamcast, wonder if this is connected in any way?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Looks like the Flock deal is dead now, it's back up to $15.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Looks like it. Sucks, too. Cause I was hoping to check the demo out after I got home from work and see if it's worth it.

Guess Amazon made my mind up for me.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I thought you couldn't get a discount on both. If you can, I'd be tempted, although why I don't know, given I already have thousands of points I'm not sure what to do with.[/quote]

If your points are liquid (codes not redeemed yet), there are lots of people with XBLA game codes in the XBLA game code trading thread.

with banjo tooie and virtual on coming out next week the points deals would be good if one of those games ends up being sold by amazon.

Oh cool, I didn't know Tooie was coming out soon. I coudln't play the original because of the low frame rate, but hopefully this'll fix that.

I'm disappointed that I STILL can't beat Banjo 1. Got stuck later in the game (again) I think. It's pretty fun while it lasts though. Awesome pre order bonus for the third one!

[quote name='shrike4242']I haven't tried to add points to my account that would take me over 15,000 in a while, though as I have one card on-hand and 13,900 in my account at the moment, I'll give it a try later and see what happens.

I've never been able to get over 15,000 before, so they may have changed the limit. I'll see if I can go over 15,000 and see if it works.[/quote]

I've been up to about 30000 points before maybe more. I took advantage of the circuit city buy one 1600 get one free deal way back when and bought a ton (about $250 dollars worth so about 40000 ms points or so). I didn't activate them all at once because I wasn't sure I would use them all and might want to see some but I activated a good amount of them and eventually all of them.

As far as I know there isn't a limit to the amount of points you can have on your account. I have run into a daily activation limit before though. I think its around 6000 or so.

[quote name='pROvIs']

As far as I know there isn't a limit to the amount of points you can have on your account. I have run into a daily activation limit before though. I think its around 6000 or so.[/quote]

Sounds like the hassle of frequent flyer points with airlines - sure they give you the points, but there's hardly ever any flights available for you to spend them. Like why on earth would they limit your daily activations. Makes no sense.

N.gif

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Man, if Amazon had the fallout 3 DLC I'd be sooo happy right now XD. But unfortunately they don't, so that makes me a sad panda >_

[quote name='kangarooman']Sounds like the hassle of frequent flyer points with airlines - sure they give you the points, but there's hardly ever any flights available for you to spend them. Like why on earth would they limit your daily activations. Makes no sense.

N.gif
[/quote]

Microsoft claims the limit is to prevent fraud which makes some sense to me but I try not to think about it much. It's not a big deal it's fairly high and very rarely will anyone ever hit it.

Let me clarify though, by activation I mean activating points not spending them. I don't think there is any limit on spending points.

[quote name='pROvIs']

As far as I know there isn't a limit to the amount of points you can have on your account. I have run into a daily activation limit before though. I think its around 6000 or so.[/quote]

It must be higher because I activated 10K in a 10 minute span two weeks ago.

[quote name='genfuyung']with banjo tooie and virtual on coming out next week the points deals would be good if one of those games ends up being sold by amazon.[/quote]

New games are being added to Amazon weekly. Lode Runner was up about a day after it came out ton XBLA.

A daily activation limit makes sense for fraud-- so if someone hacks an XBLA account or a credit card they can't buy the whole catalog in one sitting... it's more of a fraud limiting than a fraud prevention thing..

[quote name='Cindaddy']It must be higher because I activated 10K in a 10 minute span two weeks ago.[/quote]

The cool thing is that the limit is set quite high. And I kinda understand the fraud issue.

N.gif

Thanks op. I bought 1600 pts in the hopes of getting $5 credit towards another game, but I never received an email saying that the $5 was applied to my account. So I just went to the arcade section on Amazon, added UMK3 to my cart, and it applied the discount automatically. Whatever, either way I ended up with a free game, I just wish they emailed me and told me that it was applied.

If I'm remembering right it emails you to let you know the promo's active, but it takes it off automatically.

Dang, I think I'll get stuck in Braid, but the demo is sooooo pretty. Fantastic graphics and music, and the demo's pretty fun.

If this is what a small developer can do with 2D ona current gen system....well obviously proves me point about how insane 2D should look on these systems.

[quote name='basis']does any1 know if the points can be used on foreign X360 SKUs as well? or are points 'region-locked'?[/quote]
They are region locked via the XBL account, not the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back