Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo, 1600 points plus the $5 credit? very tempting. I still have 3300 points on my account, but more couldn't hurt, right? I have no interest in Flock! or Undertow but like somebody else said, if Amazon keeps these arcade deals up that $5 credit won't last long.

There is an eBay seller who sells 4000 point cards for $35 and 1600 points for $15. How can he turn a profit selling at such low prices? Don't know...probably don't wanna know. Remember that you can use Live Cashback to save a buck or two more off. He is constantly putting more cards up, so keep an eye out. A lot of CAGs have bought from him with no issue.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jamaicanswif268_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

I bought a 1600 code, enough to cover Fallout 3 DLC. Crossing my fingers they have some kind of package deal by the time I get around to playing it again. Hopefully that deal isn't a GotY edition.

[quote name='Flak']I bought a 1600 code, enough to cover Fallout 3 DLC. Crossing my fingers they have some kind of package deal by the time I get around to playing it again. Hopefully that deal isn't a GotY edition.[/quote]

I haven't checked, nor have I purchased them yet, but there are going to be 3 DLCs (2 out 1 coming) priced at 800 a piece. My math comes up with 2400 points.

[quote name='webdoggy']I haven't checked, nor have I purchased them yet, but there are going to be 3 DLCs (2 out 1 coming) priced at 800 a piece. My math comes up with 2400 points.[/QUOTE]

Hence the reason he was talking about hoping for a package deal :)

I purchased the 4000 point card. It took about 30 min before the code works so I'm guessing it takes some time for Amazon.com to let Xbox know that the product code is activated and valid. Will probably use the $10 off 1600 points and end up with 5600 points for $60.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Hence the reason he was talking about hoping for a package deal :)[/quote]

I guess. I wouldn't count on it though. Looking back at what Bethesda did with Oblivion. The only package they had was the offline disc and the game of the year edition. Judging by that I would say that 1600 points won't cover them.

Edit: I forgot to mention. I had no problems entering the 1600 point code immediately after purchasing.

I am not having a problem entering the code for flock or Doom but when I go to download it keeps telling me it can not find the information or something to that effect. Anyone else having this problem?

My flock code isn't working, but when I entered it on my 360 it brought me to the "the code entitles you to download flock" screen but when I tried to download it I got an error, so I figure its a MS problem at the moment.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Remember that you can use Live Cashback to save a buck or two more off.[/quote]

I thought this was dead. Anyone getting this to work?

I don't see this reported yet in this thread, but new XBLA titles have been released over at Amazon.com. They are the following:

UNO Rush - $10 (800 MS Points)
Outrun Online Arcade - $10 (800 MS Points)
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - $20 (1600 MS Points)
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai - $10 (800 MS Points)
Flock - $10 (originally on XBLM: 1200 MS Points)
Lode Runner - $15 (now on XBLM: 1200 MS Points)

Of course everyone knows that purchasing "Flock" through Amazon.com is a lot cheaper than purchasing it through the Xbox Live Marketplace. Every other game is of regular pricing.

EDIT: To reflect the fixed pricing of Lode Runner on XBLM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msane']Bought a 1600 pts code and Flock. So far the Flock code has just been erroring out on Xbox.com. I'm wondering if their server is getting hammered or if there is a problem on Amazon's end activating the codes.[/quote]
I'm having trouble redeeming my Flock code, as well...

The Lode Runner price went back up to $15 on the XBL marketplace. The 800 point price was a mistake that they've since fixed.

[quote name='webdoggy']I guess. I wouldn't count on it though. Looking back at what Bethesda did with Oblivion. The only package they had was the offline disc and the game of the year edition. Judging by that I would say that 1600 points won't cover them.

Edit: I forgot to mention. I had no problems entering the 1600 point code immediately after purchasing.[/quote]

They did put everything for Oblivion half-off recently. Not sure if that is still in effect or was only temporary. Could be quite a wait before there is a discount on Fallout 3 DLC though.

I bought both the 4000 points and Flock this morning. The points redemption worked, but Flock still does not work for me.

Does Flock not work if you enter it on the console either? I know it's not working for me through live.xbox.com (like everybody else), but anybody try it through their console?

[quote name='imacgod']Does Flock not work if you enter it on the console either? I know it's not working for me through live.xbox.com (like everybody else), but anybody try it through their console?[/quote]
It brings up the screen saying you are entitled to download flock, but when you select download now, you get an error.

Well I was going to come in and say that I should have known better than to buy Flock through the marketplace on day 1. But from the last few posts, it appears that this deal might have been too much of a hassle for my tastes anyways.
Hope everyone gets their issues worked out though.

[quote name='duckydan']I purchased the 4000 point card. It took about 30 min before the code works so I'm guessing it takes some time for Amazon.com to let Xbox know that the product code is activated and valid. Will probably use the $10 off 1600 points and end up with 5600 points for $60.[/quote]
First, it is a $5 credit for the 1600 points and second, would you even be able to take advantage of both?

[quote name='Amazon']Limit one credit per household.[/quote]

EDIT: okay makes sense, just read it wrong. Thanks Skoad.

[quote name='worrybomb']I don't see this reported yet in this thread, but new XBLA titles have been released over at Amazon.com. They are the following:

UNO Rush - $10 (800 MS Points)
Outrun Online Arcade - $10 (800 MS Points)
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - $20 (1600 MS Points)
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai - $10 (800 MS Points)
Flock - $10 (originally on XBLM: 1200 MS Points)
Lode Runner - $15 (now on XBLM: 1200 MS Points)

Of course everyone knows that purchasing "Flock" through Amazon.com is a lot cheaper than purchasing it through the Xbox Live Marketplace. Every other game is of regular pricing.

EDIT: To reflect the fixed pricing of Lode Runner on XBLM.[/quote]

Thank you for posting what is new.

[quote name='blue ocarina']First, it is a $5 credit for the 1600 points and second, would you even be able to take advantage of both?[/QUOTE]
He bought 4000 for $50 and he'll be using the $10 off on the 1600 points, making it $60 total.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Heads up on Lode Runner...it's 800pts ($10) on XBLM...Either Amazon or XBLM have the wrong price.[/QUOTE]
XBLM had it for the wrong price, it's 1200 points now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Heads up on Lode Runner...it's 800pts ($10) on XBLM...Either Amazon or XBLM have the wrong price.[/quote]

800pts was a mistake and has now been corrected on the marketplace the game is now 1200pts, people who got it early for 800pts got lucky.

[quote name='blue ocarina']First, it is a $5 credit for the 1600 points and second, would you even be able to take advantage of both?[/QUOTE]

Well, if you buy a 4000 pt code at $50 and a 1600 pt code at $20, and use a $10 rebate, that is 5600 pts for $60.

Everyone who is trying to DL Flock, keep us informed on the progress of getting it working. I am very interested in trying the demo once the codes work.

in for 4000 mspoints.

too bad, i would have liked to use that bonus $10 for outrun. already bought it day one. ah well.

[quote name='prateeko']Do you pay instantly or is there an option to use coupons/codes? I wanna try my luck with the ECA 10% off code...[/quote]

it doesnt work for either XBLA codes or the point codes. I already tried both :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So no luck with Flock yet anyone?[/quote]

still no luck its been about 2 hours for me and my code still doesnt work, amazon said to call xbox support, i have called twice and both times was disconnected by someone.

Edit: I am talking to a support person now, if they fix the issue i will let you guys know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back