Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i got off the phone with support and was told that there is a problem with the codes, so i have to fax them a order confirmation so they can confirm that i purchased the code form amazon, and then they will either try to activate that code or send me a new code. does anyone know how you can take a screenshot of your computer screen, thats what i was told to do.

[quote name='EliteCaboose117']ok so i got off the phone with support and was told that there is a problem with the codes, so i have to fax them a order confirmation so they can confirm that i purchased the code form amazon, and then they will either try to activate that code or send me a new code. does anyone know how you can take a screenshot of your computer screen, thats what i was told to do.[/quote]

Hit "print scr" and paste it into something like paint so you can print it out.

frick...I wish I would have read this thread before purchasing flock...I came here to ask if anyone else was having a problem redeeming the code...I guess everyone is

In for the 4000 points deal. Code worked right away! Now to save my $10 credit for the next uber Live Game deal on Amazon.

Yeah, I went through this hit-n-miss $10 credit horse 'ish' with Amazon for last Fall's big preorders...not looking to get burned again.

Watch this thread carefully, I will. A big "thanks in advance" to all of the willing guinea pigs.

2nd time on the phone with Amazon. Anyone who has twitter I was going to start a new # tag. I had no idea this was much more than my isolated case.

www.twitter.com/Outinthedark if anyone cares to follow. MS is no help telling me to recover my profile to successfully download the game. Uh yea right...Amazon just told me it will probably be 2 days to resolve the issue and either issue refunds or send out new codes.

Anyway #FLOCKFAIL is the tag code to search for. search.twitter.com

I had flock ready to purchase, but decided to log in here to see if there were any other game deals before I checked out. Thankfully this thread caught my eye before I finalized my purchases.

Flock is a good deal so I hope they can work out the issue with the codes.

[quote name='EliteCaboose117']ok so i got off the phone with support and was told that there is a problem with the codes, so i have to fax them a order confirmation so they can confirm that i purchased the code form amazon, and then they will either try to activate that code or send me a new code. does anyone know how you can take a screenshot of your computer screen, thats what i was told to do.[/quote]

Well that sucks...I don't want to have to call someone up in India...ugh!

I think I'll just email Amazon first and see what happens.

Maybe the post on the front page should be edited to reflect the issue many of us are having with Flock

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well that sucks...I don't want to have to call someone up in India...ugh!

I think I'll just email Amazon first and see what happens.[/quote]

Never spoken to anyone in India when calling Amazon. Amazon is not really any help at the moment. On the phone with MS again since I was hung up on now the 2nd time.

I'm saving a mere 3 bucks (since I have to pay for sales tax on game code purchases) and yet I've wasted nearly 1.5 hours on the phone with customer response. I've relayed my situation to four, four, xbox live reps...WHAT THE HELL is the reference number for?

[quote name='Outinthedark']Never spoken to anyone in India when calling Amazon. Amazon is not really any help at the moment. On the phone with MS again since I was hung up on now the 2nd time.[/quote]

I was referring to MS.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was referring to MS.[/quote]

You said you were going to email Amazon...so I figured you were referring to Amazon. :D

Got my issue finally escalated to Tier 3 and on hold with them now. MS says 3-10 days to figure out a solution. Amazon says 2 as I stated earlier for either a refund or a solution.

Here's hoping someone jumps on this...

Okay, I've run system maintence on my hard drive and deleted and redownloaded my gamertag twice now...all because the code wouldn't go through when I tried to put it in on xbox.com...I tried telling them that there is nothing wrong with my xbox...but they seem to know best. Now I've faxed them my confirmation page and they've promised me that they would contact me within five minutes...it's been about 20. Supposedly they wrote that they would call me within five minutes on the service log that is associated with the reference number...I doubt it. I told them that I wanted to be compensated for my time and resources...we'll see.

[quote name='mistermoravec']Okay, I've run system maintence on my hard drive and deleted and redownloaded my gamertag twice now...all because the code wouldn't go through when I tried to put it in on xbox.com...I tried telling them that there is nothing wrong with my xbox...but they seem to know best. Now I've faxed them my confirmation page and they've promised me that they would contact me within five minutes...it's been about 20. Supposedly they wrote that they would call me within five minutes on the service log that is associated with the reference number...I doubt it. I told them that I wanted to be compensated for my time and resources...we'll see.[/quote]

Request to be escalated to Tier 3.

Maintenance [deleting cache] and recovering your profile will not get the code to work. Take what they copy/say with a grain of salt and do not do anything drastic.

Again ask to be escalated and you should receive a call tomorrow or Friday.

not, that it matters, but I just came back to fix my spelling of maintenance. I asked several times for this situation to be escalated...they refused until I tried everystep (including recovering my fricking profile twice.) One of the support people even suggested formating the hard drive. I explained again and again that it wasn't working even before I turned on my xbox and had nothing to do with my console.
I hope recovering my profile didn't mess with any of my licenses.

[quote name='dallen']Maybe the post on the front page should be edited to reflect the issue many of us are having with Flock[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good idea. And is that Richard Dawkins as your avatar? Whoever it is he looks familiar.

[quote name='mistermoravec']I'm saving a mere 3 bucks (since I have to pay for sales tax on game code purchases) and yet I've wasted nearly 1.5 hours on the phone with customer response. I've relayed my situation to four, four, xbox live reps...WHAT THE HELL is the reference number for?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Outinthedark']You said you were going to email Amazon...so I figured you were referring to Amazon. :D

Got my issue finally escalated to Tier 3 and on hold with them now. MS says 3-10 days to figure out a solution. Amazon says 2 as I stated earlier for either a refund or a solution.

Here's hoping someone jumps on this...[/QUOTE]

Man, this is a mess. I'm interested in what's happening.

It's pretty clear he points ARE Working for people worried about that.

Also, seriously try the demo for Flock before you download it. I really thought it was bad despite the pretty graphics. Probably would have jumped on this had I not played the demo.

[quote name='mistermoravec']not, that it matters, but I just came back to fix my spelling of maintenance. I asked several times for this situation to be escalated...they refused until I tried everystep (including recovering my fricking profile twice.) One of the support people even suggested formating the hard drive. I explained again and again that it wasn't working even before I turned on my xbox and had nothing to do with my console.
I hope recovering my profile didn't mess with any of my licenses.[/QUOTE]

Nope, your licenses should be fine as I understand it. They're tied to the console.

All those steps are ridiculous. I mean I guess they don't hurt, but at this point they should be taking you seriously :whistle2:/ Like this doesn't really even involve the hardware at all, it's just a server side software issue (or a problem communicating with that server, or whatever).

How can a giant software company like this get it so screwed up? And they should have had this red flagged and looked in to hours ago.

wow by the time they fix this the damn sale will be over and I am not about to buy a code that is not working.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'd probably do that 1600 points thing since that makes it $15 (and there's no limit to how many points you can have on a Live account, right?)...[/QUOTE]

I thought the limit was no more than 10,000 active points on the account at any one time?

[quote name='xbox_mole']I thought the limit was no more than 10,000 active points on the account at any one time?[/quote]The limit is 15,000 active points on an account, not 10,000. I speak from experience on that one.

Flock failed for me as well. Wish I would have known it was an issue this morning when I purchased it. I also purchased that 1600 points, but those worked without a problem. I think it's interesting that it recognizes it as being for the full game of Flock, but then comes up with that error when I click download now. Hope they have a fix soon!

[quote name='shrike4242']The limit is 15,000 active points on an account, not 10,000. I speak from experience on that one.[/quote]

You sure about that? Because I've had, at one point, over 24,000 points on my account and have heard no such thing.

At any rate, my point code is STILL pending. I e-mailed Amazon - nothing.

i just don't understand how the codes can be bad if when you input the code on the console it recognizes the code as being for FLOCK!, this has to be an issue on Microsoft's side.

Some of you having problems with the codes that have twitter might want to @ message majornelson for some help. If he hears enough rumblings, he'll likely check on it and post something to his blog.

I don't know whether it was the fax I sent to xbox support with my invoice and code, but my Flock! code just went through.

[quote name='shrike4242']The limit is 15,000 active points on an account, not 10,000. I speak from experience on that one.[/QUOTE]

About a month ago I was up to 22,000 because a bunch of people got me ms point cards for my birthday in late feb. If there was a cap like that then it was removed before then. I have 16,900 and something at the moment. I doubt I will probably buy anymore points for probably over a year. Especially since amazon is selling arcade games now also.

[quote name='shrike4242']The limit is 15,000 active points on an account, not 10,000. I speak from experience on that one.[/quote]

I've had over 17,000 before (lasted me about 3 months, damn rock band). Though recently I tried adding three 4000 point cards right after another and it wouldn't let me. I had to wait 24 hours before entering the 3rd one.

my flock code just went through too.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Mine just went through too. Finally, too bad I just started watching Be Kind Rewind.[/quote]

YOu can turn off that movie...it sucked.

Thanks for all of you who posted that the Flock codes finally worked. Bought mine from Amazon 5 minutes ago, downloading now. Liked the demo and I'm a fan of puzzle games like this.

I'm hoping my Amazon $10 Live credit will go through tomorrow, so I can use it on Flock. The XBLA game deals are usually up for a couple of days, right?

Whoo! FLOCK! acquired!

Thanks to all who kept us all up-to-date on this whole FLOCK-Fail fiasco! Can't wait for the next Amazon deals, and I think I'll wait and see if someone picked it up or not! ;)

Great to hear Microsoft fixed whatever that was!

And thanks for the feedback about points. Even 15,000 would be like $187 or something, so that's not bad.

I think I've got over $25 in points on there, though not sure what to do with them.

I bought a 1600 pt card. How do I get my extra $5 credit? Does it go to my Amazon account or onto XBL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back