Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='h3adsh0tgn0me']does the email give you a code or something? or can you just buy the arcade games and stuff whenever?[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, the email just says something like, "Thanks for buying Xbox points from Amazon, next time you buy an XBLA game on Amazon you'll save $5. This offer expires June 30, 2009."

Once I got that email I went to Amazon and bought Outrun. It automatically deducted the $5. It sounds like the email is just a reminder but isn't at all linked to actually receiving the discount.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If I'm remembering right it emails you to let you know the promo's active, but it takes it off automatically.
[/quote]
[quote name='Halo05']From what I remember, the email just says something like, "Thanks for buying Xbox points from Amazon, next time you buy an XBLA game on Amazon you'll save $5. This offer expires June 30, 2009."

Once I got that email I went to Amazon and bought Outrun. It automatically deducted the $5. It sounds like the email is just a reminder but isn't at all linked to actually receiving the discount.[/quote]

So do I have to wait for the email or can I buy the arcade I want now?

[quote name='CheapyD']They are region locked via the XBL account, not the console.[/quote]

Makes sense.

N.gif

Is there any way to buy the XBLA game codes using gift certificate funds?

The only time I ever but video games is when I take a giant jar of coins to a Coinstar machine and get an Amazon.com gift certificate. Then I buy a few games to last me until the jar is full again.

^I used my gift certificate to purchase the points, so you should be okay. You'll see the option to use it after choosing your CC.

[quote name='RealRuler']^I used my gift certificate to purchase the points, so you should be okay. You'll see the option to use it after choosing your CC.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll order some points and get $5 off a Banjo Kazooie code.

[quote name='CheapyD']They are region locked via the XBL account, not the console.[/QUOTE]

Does the UK Amazon store also offer XBLA games online? Or is this just in the United States so far... ? A friend of mine wanted to purchase Castle Crashers for a lady friend and I've been trying to figure a way for him to do just that.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yall think that Amazon will put Lode Runner up for sale this week? And by that I mean I want them to. :)[/QUOTE]

It's anyone's guess but I'm going to say no. It just came out and they'll put up games that were easier to come by, example being Undertow.

[quote name='genfuyung']with banjo tooie and virtual on coming out next week the points deals would be good if one of those games ends up being sold by amazon.[/QUOTE]

Banjo-Kazooie is on Amazon.com, so I imagine Tooie will be up this Wednesday or Thursday.

They put up Lode Runner the next day so I'd say expect the new games on Amazon either Wed or Thur each week. Just a guess though.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']It's anyone's guess but I'm going to say no. It just came out and they'll put up games that were easier to come by, example being Undertow.[/quote]

But flock went up for sale.

How long is Banjo Tooie going to take? I mean how long does this usually take? I just finished Assasin's Creed (awesome!) and I guess I'd like to do Tooie next, but I want to use my $5 credit.

And does anyone know if you can order 4000 points and still get the $10 credit, if you've already done the 1600/$5 one?

I bought a 4000 card...and then bought another and got it for $39. But didn't get another $10 discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrGranger']I bought a 4000 card...and then bought another and got it for $39. I could just keep buying a few for $39. Not a terrible deal. Seems to me that you can continue buying the cards until the cows come home and each gives you the discount.[/QUOTE]

The site says "Limit 1 credit per household" so I don't know that you got a credit for the second 4000 pt card. You used the first credit to buy the second card, but the second card may not issue you a credit, so it only works the first time.

I could be wrong.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']The site says "Limit 1 credit per household" so I don't know that you got a credit for the second 4000 pt card. You used the first credit to buy the second card, but the second card may not issue you a credit, so it only works the first time.

I could be wrong.[/quote]

You're right. What I thought was my second code was actually an advertisement for a TV with a promo code. I was so excited that I didn't pay attention. I was going to order more on May 1st. That's a bummer...oh well.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']The site says "Limit 1 credit per household" so I don't know that you got a credit for the second 4000 pt card. You used the first credit to buy the second card, but the second card may not issue you a credit, so it only works the first time.

I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Does it work though if you get 1600 points and then 4000 points?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does it work though if you get 1600 points and then 4000 points?[/quote]

I may just try to see.

I just confirmed...it's only 1 discount code. So if you buy the 1600 first then you'll get $5 but cannot get $10. Sorry.

[quote name='MrGranger']I just confirmed...it's only 1 discount code. So if you buy the 1600 first then you'll get $5 but cannot get $10. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Darn. Well thanks for letting us know!

I kinda gave up and bought Banjo from Microsoft instead.

I had totally forgotten that they made it widescreen! The framerate isn't blazing, but it seems vastly improved from the original too. It's definitely not terribly on my shiny new TV.

Credits and points are nice but I want to see more deals on games instead of points. Isnt the point of everyone being excited about amazon selling these games is that you dont need points anymore?

[quote name='MrGranger']I just confirmed...it's only 1 discount code. So if you buy the 1600 first then you'll get $5 but cannot get $10. Sorry.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I bought one 1600 points card and used the discount to get a second one for $15 with some extra gift cards. Glad I didn't try to get another card before the sale ended. It still sucks that I didn't get a second $5.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Still need points for DLC and XNA.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Maybe its better this way anyway. I bought like all the sale games and havent played any of them because Ive been busy with Valkaria Chronicles. Ive got so many games backed up that a break is good for my wallet and backlog.

I hope Undertow isn't their last sale :(

I broke down and just "bought" Banjo Tooie with points last night 'cause I felt like playing it next. It's pretty cool they fixed the frame rate and made it widescreen! I suspect they redrew some of the 2D art, because it looks WAY too good at 1920x1080.

does your promotional credit have to be used by a certain date? Or can I just hang on to it for awhile until I have something else I want to buy?

[quote name='Nico0020']does your promotional credit have to be used by a certain date? Or can I just hang on to it for awhile until I have something else I want to buy?[/QUOTE]

My email says: "Discount expires at 11:59pm Pacific time on 6/30/09. "

I wonder if the honeymoon is over on this. New games are slow to arrive and we haven't had any new temporary deals in a while.

SUX.

Does the $10 credit for buying a 4000 point card still work? One page says before 5/1 and another says before 5/2.

I 've already given up on Tooie for now :D I can't FIND the fourth level, or beat the boss of the third level.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Christ, Amazon, hurry up and make Banjo-Tooie available. This is killing me![/quote]

If you want to commit and purchase 400 more points, you can just buy 1600 points now. Then you can buy Tooie or VOOT (1600-1200=400). If you have a $5 or $10 off code it works on 1600 points.

Reaaaaaally....it works on points? Hmm...maybe I should just go that route to use mine.

We've got to remember that if it's getting into June and we haven't used ours yet.

[quote name='Scotts85']Does the $10 credit for buying a 4000 point card still work? One page says before 5/1 and another says before 5/2.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. It says "before 5/1" on the 1600 page.

edit:
did it anyways and got the email confirming the 5$

[quote name='Wolfpup']I 've already given up on Tooie for now :D I can't FIND the fourth level, or beat the boss of the third level.[/quote]
Go back to the cliff overlook where the entrance to the western level is. Use Split Up to open the path there.

Mr. Patch is serious business, but he actually is fantastically unlikely to kill you so long as you keep in the air. If not, well, he's just worth one jiggy. You can find other things to make your collectibles and come back with double egg capacity and more health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back