Amazon's Black Friday Movies & TV Deals Calenders

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon posted up a calender of what Blu-Ray and DVD deals they are going to have for this upcoming week.

Most notable in my eyes are probably -

Wolverine : Origins Blu-Ray - $9.99 tomorrow
Fast & Furious (2009) Blu-Ray - $9.99(most likely) Wednesday

Glad to see they are matching on F&F, really didn't want to go out on Black Friday to go get that. There probably are good deals on the other things for other people, but those two are the only ones that catches my attention. This should help out a lot of people deciding where to go for Blu's on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Somehow my Wolverine lightning deal discount was messed up. It was some random $6.09 instead of the full $10. I did have some promo credits that might have contributed to the mess.

I called Amazon but the Indians didn't seem to understand the problem. By the time I finished the call, the order had entered shipping. Well, I just sent them an email and hope they'd understand it in a written form.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me. gave me a discount of 5.xx. I sent in an email within minutes of ordering. One hour later, I received an email saying they had issued an extra $10 refund. Looks like i got paid to buy this.:lol:

[quote name='bobright']Is Wolvering that good of a movie and really worth it?[/QUOTE]

it's not as good as x1,x2 but better than x3 arguably. all the xmen movies are good. x1,x2 are just leagues ahead.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']it's not as good as x1,x2 but better than x3 arguably. all the xmen movies are good. x1,x2 are just leagues ahead.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought Wolverine was better than all the previous Xmen movies. Of course, Wolverine is more of a love story/drama than any of those were. They were simply run-of-the-mill action movies.

I bought the Marine. It's not shipping until after Christmas. :lol:

Well, today's a good day if you're a Smallville fan, at least. Looks like they're offering every season on DVD for $9.99 per set. I may stop at 5 though, since I'd like the following sets in Blu.

Oaky, I gues some of the credit from my DJ Hero bundle was applied to my XMO:W order. That's why it was free. Still have some left over for maybe God Of War 3 Ultimate Edition.

What the hell is up with these DVDs shipping after Christmas? I just bought Spaceballs and it gave me EDD up to January 4th. Same thing happened with the Marine.

[quote name='Blackout']What the hell is up with these DVDs shipping after Christmas? I just bought Spaceballs and it gave me EDD up to January 4th. Same thing happened with the Marine.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy... I thought Black Friday sales were originally to be used for Xmas shopping... if you don't get it until after xmas, it kind of defeats the purpose :p

[quote name='lordopus99']That's crazy... I thought Black Friday sales were originally to be used for Xmas shopping... if you don't get it until after xmas, it kind of defeats the purpose :p[/QUOTE]
I've gotten weird extended estimated shipping dates before and ended up having the movies ship a week later. Amazon will probably restock soon, or they have them in the warehouse already, but have not found the pallet. They give you the exaggerated ship date so you don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, don't pay much heed to the estimated shipping dates.

For instance, I had an estimated shipping date on my MW2 preorder (after they started shipping them out) of Nov 17th (with free shipping). I got it on the 13th--shipped on the 11th.

And I've had some be weeks off before and end up shipping quickly. Whatever system they use for the estimates is almost always way off.

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']Well, today's a good day if you're a Smallville fan, at least. Looks like they're offering every season on DVD for $9.99 per set. I may stop at 5 though, since I'd like the following sets in Blu.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I'm sticking to the DVDs is cause I own the first 6 already and they are cheap otherwise I would upgrade to Blu.

I just got in on the 2 sets I wanted so thank you OP and I don't have to set foot in Bestbuy on Friday. I added Quantum of Solace Blu with it to get FSS which is funny cause I own all the Bonds except that one but on DVD so its my first on Blu.

I paid 19 bucks per set for the others so this is great to get the 2 I'm missing for that price.

Prices for wednesday are up.

Watchmen Night Owl Ship set still at 49.99?? That was the same price a week or two ago. Stil 10$ too much.

[quote name='vx2']Prices for wednesday are up.

Watchmen Night Owl Ship set still at 49.99?? That was the same price a week or two ago. Stil 10$ too much.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much the Dark Knight gift set with the Batpod is going to be...

[quote name='soliddragon']flippin Smallville almost sold out and its only like 23 mins into the sale! Glad I gots mine :cool:[/QUOTE]

smallville was listed way in advance, not surprised it will sell out

Help me out. Should I get the Owl Ship Giftset at $49.99?

I'm thinkin' they're limited in quantity since they're amazon exclusives too. However, looking at the slimer edition of Ghostbusters videogame and well...

I bought Young Frankenstein out of sheer impulse. The Blu isn't going to be $2 any time soon so I picked up the DVD for that price.

[quote name='genfuyung']Where do you see that?[/QUOTE]

On the page where it has the movies and tv deals calander, if you scroll down it has a "sneak peek" of what some of the deals they will be having tomorrow night. I only see Chamber of secrects, yet since this is only a "sneak peek" I think its safe to assume the others will be listed at that price. :D

[quote name='kobe84114']On the page where it has the movies and tv deals calander, if you scroll down it has a "sneak peek" of what some of the deals they will be having tomorrow night. I only see Chamber of secrects, yet since this is only a "sneak peek" I think its safe to assume the others will be listed at that price. :D[/QUOTE]
If Id of scrolled down an inch Id of seen it. Looks like Braveheart will be that price too. I'm excited.

[quote name='genfuyung']If Id of scrolled down an inch Id of seen it. Looks like Braveheart will be that price too. I'm excited.[/QUOTE]

Same here, Ill be getting Gladiator as well.

[quote name='genfuyung']If Id of scrolled down an inch Id of seen it. Looks like Braveheart will be that price too. I'm excited.[/QUOTE]

and ice age 3! yes!

is anyone else disappointed that Transformers is $13 and didn't follow trend of $10?

I'm going to hold off because amazon might drop it to $10 by friday..

[quote name='kobe84114']Same here, Ill be getting Gladiator as well.[/QUOTE]

Have you heard of all the problems that gladiator in particular has? Not to discourage you but if you haven't heard of all the problems the blu ray has you should read about it before you buy it.

[quote name='Penguin1084']and ice age 3! yes!

is anyone else disappointed that Transformers is $13 and didn't follow trend of $10?

I'm going to hold off because amazon might drop it to $10 by friday..[/QUOTE]

I remember last year a lot of movies and games dropped in price day by day. But waiting like that you also run the risk of ti selling out before it hits a lower price. I held out and got the rambo blu ray collection for 17 bucks on the final day and Arcana Heart (PS2 game) for 12 dollars on the last day instead of the 20 it originally went on sale for.

Yes! Bravehart for $10 will be mine. I hope they have the first Matrix for that price as well because that is also on sale at Bestbuy.

[quote name='Gorge']Yes! Bravehart for $10 will be mine. I hope they have the first Matrix for that price as well because that is also on sale at Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

My wallet just whimpered...

[quote name='Penguin1084']live free or die hard is 8.99, will be 7.99 at best buy but 8.99 now up on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=1401&pf_rd_p=501215651&pf_rd_i=1000452571[/QUOTE]

It seems like everything on that page is going to be what drops on thursday and friday. I've been checking the page and the prices have been the same for days. I would wait on those. Like Boondock saints is 12 dollars now but its also pictured in the less than 10 dollar sale for thursday.

[quote name='genfuyung']It seems like everything on that page is going to be what drops on thursday and friday. I've been checking the page and the prices have been the same for days. I would wait on those. Like Boondock saints is 12 dollars now but its also pictured in the less than 10 dollar sale for thursday.[/QUOTE]

yea, thats what I thought. It's in my cart... waiting. lol.

ok i'm off to bed guys! see you in 9 hours!

[quote name='genfuyung']Have you heard of all the problems that gladiator in particular has? Not to discourage you but if you haven't heard of all the problems the blu ray has you should read about it before you buy it.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I just read up on it. Severely dissappointed. But I guess this is better than buying it and being dissappointed. Thanks for the heads up. Ill probably hold off.

Hellz yah, I'm getting Gladiator--it really wasn't that bad when I netflix'd it, IMO. Tempted to get Quantum of Solace too--it's $9.99 today.

There are a few issues with DNR, EE, and some "if you don't freeze frame you'll miss it" image loss due to digital scrubbing, but honestly, I personally wasn't really affected by it. Some people won't be able to overlook it, but it just depends on your own personal viewing preferences. I'd say rent it first (which I did). I think I'm ok with it, particularly for $10. I'd get Braveheart too, but I just didn't care for the film. I wish Gump was on sale.

Is their really any way to know what the full list of what Amazon will have will be. Their is only one thing i want now and thats Psych season 3 and i don't really feel like going to Target on friday to just get that. I would pay 20 at amazon if they had it for that, but if not i will have to haul my lazy ass out of bed to get that.

[quote name='gunm']There are a few issues with DNR, EE, and some "if you don't freeze frame you'll miss it" image loss due to digital scrubbing, but honestly, I personally wasn't really affected by it. Some people won't be able to overlook it, but it just depends on your own personal viewing preferences. I'd say rent it first (which I did). I think I'm ok with it, particularly for $10. I'd get Braveheart too, but I just didn't care for the film. I wish Gump was on sale.[/QUOTE]

I really disagree with you. The DNR on Gladiator is really noticeable especially when you see the skin tones on the theatrical footage that is DNRed compared to the added in extended footage that is not. On the extended you can see far better detail on the actors faces for instance.

This is why above all else I won't be buying Gladiator on Blu-Ray. The studios need to get this done right the first time. I won't reward them with my hard earned money on a terrible transfer job even if its only $10. By spending that $10 that is only telling Paramount its okay to do bullshit DNR like this.

Can't say enough good things about Prime Membership. I wish I could buy more stuff from Amazon throughout the year to make it worth it, but the shipping is awesome. I put an order in yesterday for the DVD of Elf and other DVDs and it's scheduled to arrive today.

I'd definitely try and get in on that Prime membership trial, especially for this time of year.

So when are these deals going to show up?

Need more advice on the Owl Ship set, i really want it but not at 49.99. But then I keep thinking this is an Amazon exclusive...then i keep thinking about the Slimer edition of Ghostbusters w/c was also an Amazon exclusive and well...

bread's done
Back