Amazon's mistake?

koji126

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon had a deal for COD: WAW a week or two ago. I got in on the order, but they sent me 2 separate copies with the same order number. So now I have 2 copies of COD: WAW for the price of their deal price. I've been checking my credit card and I've only been billed for one.

[quote name='Run L1ke H3LL']Awesome, but most likely they'll figure it out and charge you for the second one.[/quote]

Oh, you mean do something highly illegal? Charge his credit card without his permission?

if amazon makes a mistake in your favor, they won't do anything. think about people that bought the 360 arcade + ddr universe 3 bundle for $130 back around the holidays. those shipped and all so you should be fine if you want to keep both copies even though you only got charged for one. the company moves far too much product to worry about something like this.

i'm not saying i condone this behavior though. if you do feel conscious about it, just call them and tell them you got 2 when you should have gotten one and they'll give you instructions on how to return your extra copy.

or you can return one copy anyways and get a full refund(or minus shipping) and keep your other game. So in the end, you got a free game.

This happened once when I ordered a keyboard and mouse. UPS said it was delivered and I never got it. Called amazon and they sent a new one and got it two days later. About three weeks done the line, I get another keyboard, which was the original one that was missing. I returned it back to amazon cause I didn't need two keyboards and got my money back.

You just won the game.
One time I ordered a series of Flash tutorial books and got a C++ and Java book for free. I tried to send them back, amazon calculated the shipping and handling and said "keep 'em."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='espionage']if amazon makes a mistake in your favor, they won't do anything. think about people that bought the 360 arcade + ddr universe 3 bundle for $130 back around the holidays. those shipped and all so you should be fine if you want to keep both copies even though you only got charged for one. the company moves far too much product to worry about something like this.

i'm not saying i condone this behavior though. if you do feel conscious about it, just call them and tell them you got 2 when you should have gotten one and they'll give you instructions on how to return your extra copy.[/QUOTE]

that had to be the DEAL of the year.... I still have to open up my xbox and really play it.. Had it open for around 2 hours few weeks back.. I dumped off the DDR for 65 so ended up with the xbox for 65

best deal ever

[quote name='koji126']I'm actually returning it to Amazon. I figured I should start off the new year the right way.[/quote]

Good man. They might even tell you to keep it when you call them, but in this economy, I doubt it.

Hopefully they'll compensate you, maybe you'll get a year of prime free or something.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Good man. They might even tell you to keep it when you call them, but in this economy, I doubt it.

Hopefully they'll compensate you, maybe you'll get a year of prime free or something.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. They have an option for this in the self service return center and when you do that it just prints out a label to return to them free of charge. You get the nice feeling of doing the right thing.

bread's done
Back