AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Just to show you how shitty the character development was i had no idea Merle was eating Ben LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I didn't see the spoilers and stayed out of this thread. A friend of mine posted about Merle on Facebook, but didn't say how it happened. Not happy that it happened. I would have liked to see him last till midseason next season. Also I didn't notice that he was eating Ben and who the hell is Ben.

[quote name='kube00']Well who do we think is going to die during the attack on the prison?[/QUOTE]

From all the trailers I wonder if they will pull something crazy.

Like they arrive and the prison is empty. They are just all gone.

Maybe they set somesort of trap up for them too. Like the giant prison break alarm on the generator will go off again and call all the zombies in a 5 mile radius at them now that the gate is driven through.

i'm thinking the prison will have some sort of trap in it, but they will be gone.

Also after watching the new episode again I'm convinced that Merle planned it all along. Well outside of the dying part.

Talking dead had some great parts to it and a deeper look into the characters. The sneak peek to next episode showed a good trap set up it looks like.

[quote name='renique46']Just to show you how shitty the character development was i had no idea Merle was eating Ben LOL [/QUOTE]

Same here, I didnt even know Merle shot him until I saw Talking Dead.

[quote name='TheRock88']Same here, I didnt even know Merle shot him until I saw Talking Dead.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I just pay real close attention but I knew it as soon as Merle clipped him when he walked in front of the Governor. Let's be honest though. He wasn't really that important of a character. He was just kind of being used to fuel the tension between his dad and T-Dawg 3.0 - kind of like Tiny from the beginning of the season. Just for Tomas and Rick.

Who i really feed sorry for is the big black guy from Woodbury. Pretty much had at least screen time throughout this season and hasn't spoken a word =[

[quote name='renique46']Sucks those spoiler pics were true.... fuck

Ending made up for the other 55 mins of garbage.

-Welcome back the dodge ram with its wax job again

-Couldn't stop laughing at the chevy on 20's, then an extra laugh was had when i realize the original owner could only afford 2

-wtf is with having such a tense scene with merle and the governor troops shootout etc only to have the very next scene be a goddamn marriage proposal? way to kill that tension.

-Sad that Merle's genius plan had to get buried by Mazzaras shitty writing with the surprise ninja zombie out of nowhere routine. Then suddenly everyone knows where Merle is even though nobody knew he was even there in the first place. Let me also get this straight, Michonne whooped the Govs ass all around his place leaving him with only 1 eye, yet Merle who has Military training gets his ass beat by that same 1 eyed governor :roll:

-that shootout scene seemed to highlight the problem Soodmeg was pointing out a couple of episodes ago. They set up this whole impending war with the Governor and every time you saw the town it seemed like there was only about 5-6 people that would be going to war against the prison which would seem like they have even numbers. Now fast forward to this episode and now there seems to be 10+ of these bastards at the rendezvous that Merle went after. where the hell these fools come from?

-If Martinez is sporting a damn grenade launcher im gonna love how they somehow write this war to be somewhat even.[/QUOTE]

All you talk about is the s****y writing, yet you failed to realize Merle basically got jumped by two guys before fighting the governor.

[quote name='renique46']Sucks those spoiler pics were true.... fuck

Ending made up for the other 55 mins of garbage.

-Welcome back the dodge ram with its wax job again

-Couldn't stop laughing at the chevy on 20's, then an extra laugh was had when i realize the original owner could only afford 2

-wtf is with having such a tense scene with merle and the governor troops shootout etc only to have the very next scene be a goddamn marriage proposal? way to kill that tension.

-Sad that Merle's genius plan had to get buried by Mazzaras shitty writing with the surprise ninja zombie out of nowhere routine. Then suddenly everyone knows where Merle is even though nobody knew he was even there in the first place. Let me also get this straight, Michonne whooped the Govs ass all around his place leaving him with only 1 eye, yet Merle who has Military training gets his ass beat by that same 1 eyed governor :roll:

-that shootout scene seemed to highlight the problem Soodmeg was pointing out a couple of episodes ago. They set up this whole impending war with the Governor and every time you saw the town it seemed like there was only about 5-6 people that would be going to war against the prison which would seem like they have even numbers. Now fast forward to this episode and now there seems to be 10+ of these bastards at the rendezvous that Merle went after. where the hell these fools come from?

-If Martinez is sporting a damn grenade launcher im gonna love how they somehow write this war to be somewhat even.[/QUOTE]
Point 1, agreed. Point 2, typical dirty south. Point 3, meh. Point 4, already addressed that you missed details. Point 5, there have been lots of scenes where you saw lots of people in the town whether it was when Andrea and Michone got there and saw people going about their daily lives like everything was normal to the pitfighting scene and the BBQ, etc. His army isn't going to follow him around everywhere he goes like a little puppy dog. They have daily lives to lead with chores to do in the town and assemble as necessary, report for sentry duty as needed etc.

[quote name='renique46']Just to show you how shitty the character development was i had no idea Merle was eating Ben LOL [/QUOTE]
I thought this was clear when he shot Ben while trying to shoot the governor and then clear when he was eating Ben. Between this and the point 4 above were you just tired when you were watching this and thus not focused on watching the show?

I think this episode is the reason the new game was rushed out to store. I had a feeling it was getting rushed to be out before one of the brothers died (I figured Merle, but you never know). I can picture Activision execs saying that the game wouldn't do well if it came out and one of the characters was already dead on the show so they had to release it before that happened.

[quote name='jdawgg76'] I can picture Activision execs saying that the game wouldn't do well if it came out and one of the characters was already dead on the show so they had to release it before that happened.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that was pretty close to what it was.

"Okay, we are making a game starring the fan favorite character and his hard-ass mysterious brother who hasn't been seen for a while but is returning! I want action, drama, adventure. I want a deep story with many different characters, some tactical team elements, and stealth gameplay to make Hitman cry!"

Right before the season starts they get info on the plot and something like the pic that was leaked for this weeks episode.

"Okay people we have 12 more weeks to get this piece of crap out onto the shelves before the end of the season and we are screwed. I want zombie slap fights, toss some sweat drops on the screen and *boom* call it a day. Double time. Cut all corners. I want no corners, everything is round! Rounded! And bring me pictures of Spider-man!"

74_j-k-simmons-toparia-viver-j-j-jameson-em-o-espetacular-homem-aranha1.jpg

[quote name='jdawgg76']I thought this was clear when he shot Ben while trying to shoot the governor and then clear when he was eating Ben. Between this and the point 4 above were you just tired when you were watching this and thus not focused on watching the show?.[/QUOTE]

lol fuck outta here, mofo was there for a split second if you blinked you missed him :roll:. Who the hell even bothered looking at the corpse rather than focusing on a Zombiefied Merle. Obviously it was clear to miss by evidence in this goddamn thread of people saying the same thing.

[quote name='renique46']lol fuck outta here, mofo was there for a split second if you blinked you missed him :roll:. Who the hell even bothered looking at the corpse rather than focusing on a Zombiefied Merle. Obviously it was clear to miss by evidence in this goddamn thread of people saying the same thing.[/QUOTE]

why didnt they turn as well then..

[quote name='renique46']lol fuck outta here, mofo was there for a split second if you blinked you missed him :roll:. Who the hell even bothered looking at the corpse rather than focusing on a Zombiefied Merle. Obviously it was clear to miss by evidence in this goddamn thread of people saying the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you would not be watching at that moment. Merle has the gun on the governor and this is a moment where the showdown could possibly have been averted. When he took the shot, he had to have hit something right? You must have blinked (but I didn't notice it was also the corpse).

However, don't bullets sometimes pass through people...

I think Rick is going to die and turn into a walker.... either that or Carl finally gets knocked off!

I think the group set a trap by having most of the Governor's forces die in some explosion in the prison. Setting off the alarms won't do much when all they have to do is get into the cars and drive away.

I don't think they are going to kill Rick. I really don't see Rick, Glenn, Carl, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Hershel, or Michonne being killed off till middle to end of next season if they are killed off at all. I that really just leaves Beth and Andrea. Andrea who knows about right now. I don't see her being killed. I really think she will take over the town. I just think they put to much into building her character to kill her off this early. Beth I really haven't seen much done with her other than taking care of the baby. I can see her being killed off in the next episode. I don't even expect The Governor to be killed. I think most of his gang will be however we may see him later on as a walker and at the end of this season they will hint that he may still be alive. That is what I'm thinking. I really think that they are mostly going to kill off new cast members for the next season or two.

Hey Skrike, why did you spoil tag our posts? It's just a theory of what might happen. We could be totally wrong. I really don't see a point in getting married during the zombie outbreak. It's like Carl and the other chick hooking up......what's the point?

Jail raid theory based on comic and Talking Dead scheduled guest for next week: Tyreese kills the Govenor
in the comic the Govenor kills Tyreese and later get shot by a nobody from his own crew.

And the baby dies....No way this will happen but would be awesome if they had the balls to kill the baby and stay true to the book. Lori gets shot in raid and crushes the baby when falls.

I do like the differences in the story arc though as it keeps things fresh. Can't wait for season 4 tease..

I don't understand why anyone would expect Rick or Carl to die. Kirkman has said numerous times that those characters are forever safe.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hey Skrike, why did you spoil tag our posts? It's just a theory of what might happen. We could be totally wrong. I really don't see a point in getting married during the zombie outbreak. It's like Carl and the other chick hooking up......what's the point?[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead is serious business! People get so hurt butt over it... Everyone has that one person who rants every Monday: DON'T say anything bout it, don't Facebook post ya ya ya I haven't seen it yet!!! If it's aired expect spoilers if you haven't seen it then don't read the thread and just stay outta conversations . The Meryl pic shoulda been spoilered obviously... Even comic talk is just theory since it's loosely based.

[quote name='$hady']Jail raid theory based on comic and Talking Dead scheduled guest for next week:Tyreese kills the Govenor
in the comic the Govenor kills Tyreese and later get shot by a nobody from his own crew.
[/QUOTE]
If you played the Telltale Walking Dead game they give her a backstory since that's
Lilly

[quote name='bardockkun']If you played the Telltale Walking Dead game they give her a backstory since that's
Lilly
.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they changed it so it actually isn't the game character. :cry: Sucks, I actually found that to be a really good use of her and backstory.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Actually, they changed it so it actually isn't the game character. :cry: Sucks, I actually found that to be a really good use of her and backstory.[/QUOTE]
Really? Then who is it in the newest novel? And are there technically 3 Walking Dead universe's?

[quote name='$hady']Jail raid theory based on comic and Talking Dead scheduled guest for next week: Tyreese kills the Govenor

And the baby dies....No way this will happen but would be awesome if they had the balls to kill the baby and stay true to the book. Lori gets shot in raid and crushes the baby when falls.

I do like the differences in the story arc though as it keeps things fresh. Can't wait for season 4 tease..[/QUOTE]

I thought the rule on TV is that kids can't get killed on screen? Zombie kids really are pushing it for me. The reason for theory about Rick is that he is loosing his mind and seeing things. It's gotta be one of the symptoms to becoming a zombie. Carl.....I don't know what they can do with Carl...........The show needs to give us an update on how really fucked up the world is.

[quote name='bardockkun']Really? Then who is it in the newest novel? And are there technically 3 Walking Dead universe's?[/QUOTE]

I don't think of it's a case of "universes". Just they changed things to keep it interesting. Kinda the whole point of Daryl...

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hey Skrike, why did you spoil tag our posts? It's just a theory of what might happen. We could be totally wrong. I really don't see a point in getting married during the zombie outbreak. It's like Carl and the other chick hooking up......what's the point?[/QUOTE]

He ruins this thread.

Never responded to my legitimate points on how spoiler tagging an entire thread basically kills it.

For the spoiler fascist:

I
liked
this
episode

Just saw the last episode. Whole lot of meh, I never really gave a crap about merle so I dont really care that he is dead now. Although it was nice to see them try to at least flesh him out a little before killing him in the same episode. That one quick arc. Dont get it...he basically just stood around for 4 episode and they they try to cram all of this char depth into 30 min.

Piggy backing on renique I have always been confused at just how many people are at the town. One episode they have so little people they have to take old people and asthmatic johnny the next episode they have 50....10 people die...yet get replaced in the very next scene.

I looked at a picture of ben for about 5 min and still didnt know who the hell he was it me looking it up to find out.....if this was star trek he would have been wearing a red shirt with a sign saying...I am only here to get killed later.

Nothing much to add....episode was flat because they tried to cram merle whole redemption into 30 min. With them saying that over 20 people are going to die next episode I hope they get to it early and not wait until the last 20 min and just off everyone from a grenade or something stupid.

[quote name='$hady']Walking Dead is serious business! People get so hurt butt over it... Everyone has that one person who rants every Monday: DON'T say anything bout it, don't Facebook post ya ya ya I haven't seen it yet!!! If it's aired expect spoilers if you haven't seen it then don't read the thread and just stay outta conversations . The Meryl pic shoulda been spoilered obviously... Even comic talk is just theory since it's loosely based.[/QUOTE]

Ssssh, the moderators will scold you and then delete your comments.

This thread is trash now due to overpolicing by one guy who has some vendetta against people using common sense.

I think Merle and even T-Dog were just a waste. They didn't even use T-Dog and Merle they held off to long. I think they could have done more with Merle and would have liked to see more from him. I think his ending was great, but it just seemed like they finally realized how they could use him. Almost like they gave the excuse for his character when him and Rick were talking. Not sure how the dialog was, but I know it was along the lines of Rick asking if Merle plans the things he does or not.

[quote name='bardockkun']Really? Then who is it in the newest novel? And are there technically 3 Walking Dead universe's?[/QUOTE]
Still just two. Just Kirkman said that It's not the same Lilly from the comic.

Upon the release of the Road to Woodbury novel, which features a different back-story for Lilly than the video game, the developer Telltale Games removed from the official website all references to Lilly being the same character from the comic series. Also, the in-game achievement that displays when Lilly leaves the group was changed from "Woodbury bound" to "What now?" This indicates that Telltale Games changed the game Lilly to be a different Lilly from the comics and novels after all, in an effort to keep all three mediums (excluding the TV series, naturally) in the same canon. This indication was confirmed when Robert Kirkman himself stated that the Lilly from the games is a different Lilly and not the one from the novels and comics
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Lilly_(Video_Game

[quote name='sendme']I think Merle and even T-Dog were just a waste. They didn't even use T-Dog and Merle they held off to long. I think they could have done more with Merle and would have liked to see more from him. I think his ending was great, but it just seemed like they finally realized how they could use him. Almost like they gave the excuse for his character when him and Rick were talking. Not sure how the dialog was, but I know it was along the lines of Rick asking if Merle plans the things he does or not.[/QUOTE]

be nice but doubtful... if the dvd extras they would show what merle did when he got off the roof and stuff

[quote name='Scrubs']I don't think of it's a case of "universes". Just they changed things to keep it interesting. Kinda the whole point of Daryl...[/QUOTE]
Well by now he's just there to bring the ladies. Plus I know there was more, but I didn't have time to respond to it before parts went missing.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Still just two. Just Kirkman said that It's not the same Lilly from the comic.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Lilly_(Video_Game[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the clarification, but now I'm kinda disappointed that she isn't some link to the comics (besides Glenn) like an expanded universe kinda thing.

[quote name='bardockkun']
Thanks for the clarification, but now I'm kinda disappointed that she isn't some link to the comics (besides Glenn) like an expanded universe kinda thing.[/QUOTE]
I know, right? I was way too happy to see her in the game (since I right away figured she was the chick from the comics). I really hope Season 2 has more comic ties.

Anyone surprised that someone in the Governor's posse has access to an M32?

They took out that national guard unit early in the season, but why would the national guard have an M32 Grenade Launcher?

[quote name='sendme']I think Merle and even T-Dog were just a waste. They didn't even use T-Dog and Merle they held off to long. I think they could have done more with Merle and would have liked to see more from him. I think his ending was great, but it just seemed like they finally realized how they could use him. Almost like they gave the excuse for his character when him and Rick were talking. Not sure how the dialog was, but I know it was along the lines of Rick asking if Merle plans the things he does or not.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. T-Dog was my favorite character on the show. They wasted him.

t-dog3.jpg

It seems the characters who I enjoy the most get killed off on TWD. Merle was underused and neglected, shoulda had more interaction with the group the past few episodes. He was like a conflicted anti-hero and shoulda gone out vs. The Gov in the season finale. Iknew it was going to be Merle-centric from the very beginning, and it was. Too bad T-Dog or Tiny didn't get the same focused episode.

But I fear Glenn gets married, then offed. Along with Beth(? Maggie's sis), The Gov, Martinez, Ben's father, Carl (if we're lucky) and Carol. That's my guess, at least.

[quote name='cancermatt']Merle was underused and neglected, shoulda had more interaction with the group the past few episodes. He was like a conflicted anti-hero and shoulda gone out vs. The Gov in the season finale.[/QUOTE]

I think they wanted to give him a moment to shine, it would have had less impact in a big group setting. I liked the episode off the ending alone (something finally happened after three filler episodes), but I wish he would have taken out someone memorable at least.

[quote name='GUNNM']If carl is killed I'm done with the show[/QUOTE]

If Carl is killed I'll celebrate.

The writers made his character an annoying little brat. Then some "badass". The actor for the character sucks and if he dies many people will join me in celebration. :applause:

[quote name='ITDEFX']I thought the rule on TV is that kids can't get killed on screen? Zombie kids really are pushing it for me.[/QUOTE]

Well in the very first episode of the series, Rick does put a bullet square in the middle of a little girl's forehead... so that doesn't really work.

[quote name='Calipso']If Carl is killed I'll celebrate.

The writers made his character an annoying little brat. Then some "badass". The actor for the character sucks and if he dies many people will join me in celebration. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I think you just fell into a sar-chasm-

-that being said, this is CAG . . .so . . .I could be wrong.

;)

Code used intentionally.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't understand why anyone would expect Rick or Carl to die. Kirkman has said numerous times that those characters are forever safe.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

I feel like the people who are wanting Carl to die are ones who don't read the comics. Regardless of how you feel about the actor who plays him, it would be insane to kill off the character. In my opinion, he's more of a main character than Rick. Yes, he was whiny and helpless in the first couple seasons. He was also a 12 year old adjusting to a world where everyone he knows is getting killed left and right.

Since then, he's adjusted and has become useful. Cut him a fucking break and let him grow into his surroundings. The idea that the formidable years of his development are going to be spent in a world where you shoot first and ask questions later is arguably the entire point of the series. If you can't appreciate that, you are seriously wasting your time watching this show.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I thought the rule on TV is that kids can't get killed on screen? Zombie kids really are pushing it for me. The reason for theory about Rick is that he is loosing his mind and seeing things. It's gotta be one of the symptoms to becoming a zombie. Carl.....I don't know what they can do with Carl...........The show needs to give us an update on how really fucked up the world is.[/QUOTE]

Sophia says hi...or rather "blaaargh"

bread's done
Back