AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

The thing I didn't like is it left me nothing to look forward to for next season. I almost feel like I could just stop watching the show now because that felt like a series final than a season final to me.

I do have to agree that the show seemed to go down hill once Milton was stabbed. I was left wondering if the rest of it was going to be how the show was going to play out. I really did think they left and maybe just set a trap. I never did expect the rest to happen. I really didn't expect them to kill off Andrea however I can see why. She really had no where else to go character wise.

Also I have read it was done in the graphic novels with different characters, but after watching the reruns during the marathon today I'm starting to wonder if
they might try to do something where Beth falls in love with Rick. I remember hearing they did the same thing with Dale and Andrea's sister in the graphic novels

Nice pedicure on Andrea... Seriously what a let down of a finale, it had it's good parts but don't leave us like this for months... Bring us your weak, your old, your kids, Happy Easter!

At least Carl
manned up I said shoot him and my girl just looked at me like I was sick when he did.

You seriously going to gun down your entire army and then leave all their guns in the street? Three guys to start over alone? Where'd they go? I hope they at least circled back since and Karen didn't have a gun to fight the Zs I assume they did..

Maybe since they going to keep the Govenor alive he will go off and form a new band of merry Saviors.

Totally didn't see Andrea dieing. RIP

Hope Talking Dead hits the WWW soon. I wanted to see that before Game of Thrones.

It is nice that Andrea still has some sexy feet even after the world went to hell. After all she was sleeping with the governor so I'm sure that had its perks.

My point of view on Carl and his choice.

The random white guy with the shotgun still had his finger around the trigger. He was told to DROP the gun, not hand it to anyone. He continued to move forward during this process.

Carl, while still being a douchebag and his character built into being a raging douchebag, is completely in the clear.

Man, AMC really put out a meh season finale this time.

Felt like they just went on and on with
Andrea and her dying
, although I'm glad they finally got rid of the character.

I guess they did promise a high body count in the finale, I just didn't expect to be mostly one scene
where the Governor cleans house with his army

Is it just me or
are they trying to Carl into another Shane?
Where he doesn't really care anymore and is looking for an excuse to kill anyone.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Man, AMC really put out a meh season finale this time.

Felt like they just went on and on with
Andrea and her dying
, although I'm glad they finally got rid of the character.

I guess they did promise a high body count in the finale, I just didn't expect to be mostly one scene
where the Governor cleans house with his army

Is it just me or
are they trying to Carl into another Shane?
Where he doesn't really care anymore and is looking for an excuse to kill anyone.[/QUOTE]

Read my post above this one.

I can't believe people are still bitching about Carl. Seriously?
Anyone who expects him to 'break down' or cry about the things he has done hasn't been paying attention. Whatever innocence he had left died when he had to shoot his mother in the head. That's it. Not only did he kill another human being, but that first kill was his own flesh and blood. Anyone else who poses even a mild threat from now on will have a target painted on their heads by him. That Woodbury kid certainly wasn't family. BANG. Problem gone.

I am, however, very displeased by the lack of resolution in this episode. The
Governor is still out there
... Okay, that doesn't interest me in the least little bit. As far as I'm concerned
his only job this season was to cause mayhem and die
... but now they're just going to drag it out longer. Oh joy.

Well that was a little disappointing....
they have stayed at Woodbury....and im sure we'll see the governor again

It was ok but it should of been 2 hrs long not 1 hr long and also Carl is the future of this show

Anyone watch talking dead? Was there a season 4 teaser??? I haven't seen it yet :/

I see another attack something goes down in season 4 and they kill off most of those old folks and kids. Tyreese, his daughter and Karen will make it out for these new people. They can't just stay at the prison they need to move on to Alexandria.

Or maybe they stay put and they run out of food feeding everyone. Just seems like way to many new people all at once.

The episode was fine they dragged it out with Andrea's death. I think most of us hated her so that scene was just pointless. I think we can all agree that all of those people they brought back were simply brought back to die at the hands of the Governor and/or to help them run out of food quickly. If you've read the comic
you know Carl kills a kid but they handled it much better. In the comic he kills Allan's son so I was wondering who he was going to kill since Merle killed the kid in the last episode. Since the Governor survived I guess there's a chance we'll get to see the tank:D

[quote name='Calipso']My point of view on Carl and his choice.

The random white guy with the shotgun still had his finger around the trigger. He was told to DROP the gun, not hand it to anyone. He continued to move forward during this process.

Carl, while still being a douchebag and his character built into being a raging douchebag, is completely in the clear.
[/QUOTE]

Kids hand was on the barrel with the other outstretched if i recall .He wasn't getting any shot off from that distance with no cover specially with multiple people armed pointing at him, its probably the reason why hershel seemed pissed, since he could see Carl going the Shane direction.

what i thought was going to happen and made a better ending

the governor went back to the prison and took it over. killed everyone besides the 2 children and those two children would of became his new children...

i though for sure that was going to happen.. instead we get this crap ending..

season 2 was bad
but season 3 was worse

[quote name='GUNNM']So maybe they'll talk about this in season 4 but why leave woodbury? Why not live there?[/QUOTE]

taxes would of been too high :)

really though i dont think there is now enough people left to protect a big town like that

[quote name='slidecage']what i thought was going to happen and made a better ending

the governor went back to the prison and took it over. killed everyone besides the 2 children and those two children would of became his new children...

i though for sure that was going to happen.. instead we get this crap ending..

season 2 was bad
but season 3 was worse[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I diagree with most of you about Carl, he has easily become one of my favorite characters on the show. Here's why
like others have mentioned, that kid was approaching them when he was told to put the gun down. I was sitting on the couch yelling "come on, dont be stupid! That guy sees an old man and a kid and is going to try and be Rambo on your asses!" Then Carl shot him and I almost jumped in joy! That kid grew up learning its all about survival and to trust no one. He even mentions it to his dad how so many people have come back to haunt them for not killing them when there was a previous oppurtunity.

Now, as for the episode itself.
Let's just jump to the end for a bit and explain that part. "Hey everyone, I know you have a safe town here with everything you need, and the only times you EVER had problems here are the times we showed up, but lets go back to our place infested with zombies which will be even harder to stop now that our front yard is completely destroyed!" And I agree that Andrea reaching for the pilers was just a waste of time. 10 seconds reaching, 30 seconds stop and staring, 10 seconds reaching, etc, etc. Glad she got bit, she could have been out of that room a long time ago. Plus, how fucking long did it take Milton to die!? The Governer was already at the prison when he passed away. Why did it take that long for him to say "oh, by the way, theres a tool behind you."

A lot of complaining, I know. And compared to my previous posts here where I might say something but try to look at the brighter side of things with hope, I was truely let down last night. What was a huge plot in the comics turned into a
smoke grenade and a few shots fired.

[quote name='binici']You people expecting the greatest show on Earth? Why not sure ready the comics, soooooo much better![/QUOTE]

I hear that a lot about the comics, and I don't get how anyone can say the they are that much better. Plot-wise? Maybe. The show sure isn't setting the bar too high in that department.

Dialogue? Pfft. I've tried several times to get into the comics, but that is some of the worst, most clunky dialogue I have ever tried to force myself to read - not to mention that Robert Kirkman tries way too hard to be offensive just for shock value. I generally don't care about cursing, and always roll my eyes when someone else (my church-going brother especially) whines about how much cursing there is on tv and movies these days... but seriously, Negan (from the few previews I've read) has to have the most unbelievable, pathetically forced "adult" dialogue ever put to page.

I'll stick with the show.

So Season 3 comes to an end, without the resolution it really needed IMHO. Still I'll take the show over just about anything that's on the air nowadays.

Carl is THE MAN, though, sorry Carl haters. Just like the comic, he has to transition from a boy to man in the world he is thrust in far before his time.
That Woodbury boy did not obey their orders - he continued to approach as well as did not drop the weapon despite repeated commands to do so. Herschel can complain all he wants, but Beth and he are still alive. Justified shooting in TWD world by my book. Love how Carl has basically become the leader of the pack over his dad in the scene dealing with the fallout of that shooting, as well as the other conversations such as regarding Michonne's place with them. Although, I'm sure all of this will create an interesting storyline where Rick may have to reel him back in, give him a spanking and remind him of his age and their relationship as father and son.

The season 3 finale just confirmed for me that the show version of TWD has an obvious quota on character types :lol:.

For example, there can only be one black male and one black female max in Rick's crew.
The moment Tyreese shows up, buh-bye T-Dawg. Sorry Sasha, but your time is coming; the bill is already past due. Michonne is WAAAAAY too popular and there is no doubt in my mind Sasha will go the way of Tyreese's daughter in the comic...unless she proves her sniping ability to be invaluable like Andrea in the comic

Wisened old sage a la Dale? That's Herschel's job now, though it took a little time to transition over.
Now with the prison turned into a childcare and elderly care center, it's only a matter of time for Herschel to go...probably after they introduce a love interest for Herschel from the new senior center.

And finally, Andrea.
Karen will be a good replacement. Besides, Andrea was 20 years older than she should have been. Now the only question is, who will Karen be banging - Tyrese or Rick? Or the dark horse, Daryll? Or all three?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Carl hate still has me cracking up. Some people just don't get it.

I was surprised that such a big deal is being made about
him shooting the kid though (both on Talking Dead and in here). Carl has so many things to justify his decision, it's not even funny. He saw his dad make basically the exact same decision with the kid they brought back to Hershel's farm after they were attacked in that bar in town. The group voted that they couldn't trust him because he had just been trying to attack them. Same situation here.

So what if he's (reluctantly) handing over his gun. You don't know if he's got a handgun under his coat. The only reason he's even there is to kill you. If the roles had been reversed and the kid spotted Carl and Hershel first, how do you think it would have played out? Not to mention, Beth was there holding Judith. Do you think Carl is going to risk his baby sister's life?

It's not crazy or evil or whatever else they try to paint it as. It's just extremely judicious in a difficult time. I also don't agree that Carl is becoming like Shane or the Governor. He doesn't dwell on these decisions he makes or drag them out for his own pleasure. He does what needs to be done and he moves on. Both Shane and the Governor were ruled by their emotions. You could maybe argue that Carl is becoming robotic...but in that kind of world, I'm not sure that that's a bad thing. He assessed a threat, and he took it out.

In my opinion, Carl is one of the few people not being misled by his emotions.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The Carl hate still has me cracking up. Some people just don't get it.

I was surprised that such a big deal is being made about
him shooting the kid though (both on Talking Dead and in here). Carl has so many things to justify his decision, it's not even funny. He saw his dad make basically the exact same decision with the kid they brought back to Hershel's farm after they were attacked in that bar in town. The group voted that they couldn't trust him because he had just been trying to attack them. Same situation here.

So what if he's (reluctantly) handing over his gun. You don't know if he's got a handgun under his coat. The only reason he's even there is to kill you. If the roles had been reversed and the kid spotted Carl and Hershel first, how do you think it would have played out? Not to mention, Beth was there holding Judith. Do you think Carl is going to risk his baby sister's life?

It's not crazy or evil or whatever else they try to paint it as. It's just extremely judicious in a difficult time. I also don't agree that Carl is becoming like Shane or the Governor. He doesn't dwell on these decisions he makes or drag them out for his own pleasure. He does what needs to be done and he moves on. Both Shane and the Governor were ruled by their emotions. You could maybe argue that Carl is becoming robotic...but in that kind of world, I'm not sure that that's a bad thing. He assessed a threat, and he took it out.

In my opinion, Carl is one of the few people not being misled by his emotions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the hate doesn't seem fair. Carl was 100% justified in everything, especially
the disgust he showed when they were bringing in the old and kids. Carl seemed to be looking at it as it's not their job, they can't defend and would only be a drain on the resources. Rick's just letting his cop nature to keep overrule better sense. When the kid was told to put the gun down, he kept walking forward and was trying to hand the gun to Carl. That isn't what he was told to do, he keeps moving forward, no warnings, hole in the head.
Carl is a survivor.

Pretty disappointing finale.

I don't have issues with the Governor surviving really though. The comics have went downhill since they left the prison, so maybe this will work out more interesting.

Maybe he'll just find another army of bad asses eventually and replace Negan from the comics, rather than them having to go through all that and set up another villain.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Pretty disappointing finale.

I don't have issues with the Governor surviving really though. The comics have went downhill since they left the prison, so maybe this will work out more interesting.

Maybe he'll just find another army of bad asses eventually and replace Negan from the comics, rather than them having to go through all that and set up another villain.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. Negan is going to get replaced by the Gov.

[quote name='sp00ge']This is what I was thinking. Negan is going to get replaced by the Gov.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the governor is gonna come back, do some damage, then get put down by Rick. But just before he gets dispatched, he will allude to being Negan's bitch and it will cut to Negan and a hundred guys attacking the prison (a bunch of which will have half roasted faces a la Game of Thrones Hound). Cue the tank(s) rolling in, etc.

[quote name='poison_SHADOW']I hear that a lot about the comics, and I don't get how anyone can say the they are that much better. Plot-wise? Maybe. The show sure isn't setting the bar too high in that department.

Dialogue? Pfft. I've tried several times to get into the comics, but that is some of the worst, most clunky dialogue I have ever tried to force myself to read - not to mention that Robert Kirkman tries way too hard to be offensive just for shock value. I generally don't care about cursing, and always roll my eyes when someone else (my church-going brother especially) whines about how much cursing there is on tv and movies these days... but seriously, Negan (from the few previews I've read) has to have the most unbelievable, pathetically forced "adult" dialogue ever put to page.

I'll stick with the show.[/QUOTE]

I feel the comic pulls out ahead. At least Kirkman's can write better female characters. With that said I thoroughly enjoy every Walking Dead medium. The show has it's absurd WTF moments but I look forward to it every Sunday night. The comic has stagnated a little but it's always the first book I read out of my stack every month. And the game is just perfect, nothing bad to say about it.

As for the finale, I think everything's been covered.
The Gov going berserk was a stupid scene. Going back to the stinky old prison instead of Woodbury, I mean why? If there is a reason then address it. Andrea & Milton's drawn out deaths *yawn*.

But I thought Carl was justified in killing the kid. He said "Drop the gun" not "Hand it over and creep up slowly." The kid just got done trying to murder his friends and family. Oh and he's got a freaking shotgun at close range, need I say more. I would've shot his ass too.

IMO the prison is a far better choice given the reality they are living in specifically in regards to protection. It's a fortress. Once they repair the damage to the perimeter and secure it, clean it out and lock it down it would provide far better protection than the hodge-podge barriers around Woodbury. I just remember the corrugated roofing Team Rick just yanked open to gain access to Woodbury, LOL.

[quote name='Kylearan']That was decent setup episode. Can't wait to see the finale!

Wh...what?

THAT was the finale?[/QUOTE]

That was my reaction too. :lol:
I had to go to wikipedia to figure out it was the last episode of the season.

The prison is the best option for safety, but what about the older people and others who might rely on the electricity Woodbury had?

I have no problem with the types of events that occurred, but I don't think the Governor's thoughts and motivations were communicated clearly as to why things happened the way they did, nor was the episode paced or shot in a way that conveyed the emotion and impact of what happened.

When does the Mother of Dragons show up and cook meth with the science teacher to open the hatch so they can all take off into space to find the Stargate? Because let's face it, all of that would have been ten times cooler. I would have settled for Ron Swason showing up and gut punching zombies to make them explode.

[quote name='tgk2044']The prison is the best option for safety, but what about the older people and others who might rely on the electricity Woodbury had?[/QUOTE]

The prison has electricity. Remember the generators and the siren going off?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yea........

Dont really get the Carl talk...so he shot a guy who 5 seconds ago was shooting at all of his friends and family. It wasnt like he killed an unarmed 12 year old girl playing with dolls. In fact....I am just happy someone was finally able to at least hit a human...I was excepting him to miss 15 times in a row like everyone else.
[/QUOTE]

Even the Carl haters should be happy that, if anything, him killing that kid saved the show from wasting at least half an episode deciding his fate next season.

They don't have anywhere near enough people to protect Woodbury. The Governor had two or three people on every wall 24 hours a day watching out for zombies or other threats, the prison crew don't have the manpower to secure that large of an area.

My opinion on prison vs Woodbury is that the reality of people being a bigger threat than the zombies has fully sunk in, and Rick has firsthand experience seeing how easy it is to infiltrate Woodbury. At least with the prison, they have a better chance of repairing the fences and making it harder for roaming groups/gangs to get in (or even want to).

That said, I can't see the show staying at the prison another entire season. I think things would get incredibly stale at that point. With the direction the last few episodes of this season went, I didn't think there was any way they'd follow the events of the comics for why they leave the prison. But after a fairly anti-climactic finale, it almost wouldn't surprise me if we get that outcome within the first couple episodes of season 4. It could be as simple as deciding to start season 4 out with a bang, rather than ending season 3 with one. I guess we'll find out in October.

[quote name='karkyco']IMO the prison is a far better choice given the reality they are living in specifically in regards to protection. It's a fortress. Once they repair the damage to the perimeter and secure it, clean it out and lock it down it would provide far better protection than the hodge-podge barriers around Woodbury. I just remember the corrugated roofing Team Rick just yanked open to gain access to Woodbury, LOL.[/QUOTE]

That is what I was thinking also. Woodbury was only secure with man power and even then Team Rick got in their fairly easily. If you have manpower you want an environment that is less spread out/open. However, it is going to be interesting to see how the Woodburians adjust to the prison.

[quote name='sp00ge']Even the Carl haters should be happy that, if anything, him killing that kid saved the show from wasting at least half an episode deciding his fate next season.[/QUOTE]

Good point or he would have probably ended up messing something up and people would be thinking "why didn't Carl kill that punk last season?"

Carl is definitely starting to become one of the more interesting characters. No more whining and playing games. He means business and will do anything to protect his family. The kid is also very systematic.
He does what has to be done and moves onto the next task.

Overall, the finale was definitely a let down. However, I'm interested in seeing the show next season.

In the meantime, I'll probably play the TWD Telltale game to see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah....The gov constant use of his apparent missing eyeball was something I tried hard to ignore but it was pretty brutal.

480729_10151662968663777_1719343981_n.jpg

Ha. Oscar was the Wartortle of the Walking Dead Black Man evolution chain: that oft-forgotten second phase between its more popular initial and final forms.

bread's done
Back