AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Firstly, there is nothing I hate more than people who bitch about spoilers in a thread. If you havent watched the episode or whatever...then stay the hell out until you do. Hell CAG had to convince me to even put shit in spoiler tags because I think that is truly bullshit. It reminds me of people who dont like smoking but spend all their time in smoke friendly bars and refuse to go to the no smoking bars. Walk in the door and want everyone else to change.

Any who, I cant really see how this show is going to work now that Dale is gone and spoiler guy from above is gone. Mostly everyone else on the shows sucks the big one....and not just a little...A LOT. No one else has even been developed so I dont get how is going to work.

One more thing, I really dont like how the deaths in this show work. All of the interesting people die with what looks like a whimper compared to how many things people survive. The wife crashed a car in the middle of nowhere and basically walked back. Carl has a zombie fall on top of him and basically walks back. Tdawg is magically still alive after about 20 attempts to kill him. Sophia, Dale, the black lady from the first season...etc etc they all die in these super quick or surprise ways. I would just like to see a battle with on of the more interesting people in it.

But I really like how this season pacing is going at least they are doing something more than standing around all the time. Pretty happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
this show makes me feel like a reverse racist because i want the black guy to die so bad. ive never wanted that so bad while watching a show or movie i usually get pissed that black , or minority, characters die so quick in shows but this is too much. he adds nothing and hes not interesting , which is a complaint you can say about most of the cast, but shit they have to kill him already whats him surviving going to add to the show?

damn shame the cannibal stuff wont make it into the show either i guess that was one of my favorite bits from the comic.

T DOGG DISAPPROVES

a6f82146-5893-9365.jpg

GO GET THE SHOTGUN

i guess lori doesnt keep an eye out on carl because

wdgif8.gif

Normal spoilers I do believe people should not complain about if they're behind in episodes. It's expected the recent comments are about the latest episode.

That other one was pretty big though. As it had yet to air. And, even though that's not new to comic fans, some don't read the comics. Like the Game Of Thrones TV show thread, where it was getting to the point where us book fans were told to leave and post in the book thread, because of too many spoilers just from general conversation.

I'm not going to read the previous pages 'cause I don't want shit spoiled.

I'll just say: I did not foresee the ending to the latest episode. 'Twas a "holy crap" moment in my book.

Going to put this in a spoiler only because it has to do with a future episode and not one that has been shown.

From the picture that was shown it looks like Shane becomes a walker. Does that happen in the comics as well? I thought I read some place that Carl kills Shane when he sees that Shane has Rick in his sights and is about to shoot him.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
There was a little mist, but moonlight as well. I complained of the ninja zombie right off the bat as well. Typical zombie fare. In the quiet field with nothing to hide behind the zombie makes no sound walking up to Dale whether it's his dragging feet through the high grass or moaning and hissing and he's right behind him when he turns around.
[/quote]

I thought I could hear the zombie for a couple seconds before Dale turned around... I'll watch it again, but I think I even remember Dale kind of tensing up for a second before turning around, as if he heard it too.

[quote name='sendme']Going to put this in a spoiler only because it has to do with a future episode and not one that has been shown.

From the picture that was shown it looks like Shane becomes a walker. Does that happen in the comics as well? I thought I read some place that Carl kills Shane when he sees that Shane has Rick in his sights and is about to shoot him.
[/QUOTE]
In the comic, Carl shoots and kills shane when he pulls a gun on rick. Then, later on, it is discovered that no matter how you die, you come back as a walker because everyone is infected. Once Rick figures this out, he goes back, digs up shane, and kills him in his walker form again. So yes and no at the same time I guess. Just happens in a different order.

That death scene needs a rewrite badly. Sneaky ninja zombie my ass.

If the walker was that close when the character approached it would have already been feasting on the cow in the gd wide open field.

I'm glad they finally killed someone off. I hope they start thinning the herd even more. This seems like a show where you could keep killing people off and introducing new characters to keep costs down so it could run for a while.

I'm guessing they haven't killed T-Dogg off yet because
Merle is supposed to come back next season and I'm betting there will be a multi-episode conflict there between the two...

Carl
is going to feel guilty that the zombie he was messing with ended up killing Dale, and will go off the deep end.

Also, has T-Dogg said a single word in the last 2 episodes? Feel bad for his character.

[quote name='shieryda']Carl
is going to feel guilty that the zombie he was messing with ended up killing Dale, and will go off the deep end.

Also, has T-Dogg said a single word in the last 2 episodes? Feel bad for his character.[/QUOTE]

he may have said ok when they told him to fetch the shotgun......

[quote name='shieryda']Carl

Also, has T-Dogg said a single word in the last 2 episodes? Feel bad for his character.[/QUOTE]

He had half a line when they were inside the house discussing what to do with Randall. He said something about what to do with the body before Dale cut him off.

But even the people who have the most lines are still pointless underused and downright embarrassing. Rick needs to stop so much talking, his wife could do with a little shutting up, the mom who lost her daughter can never have another line again, most of the family at the farmhouse can also staple there mouths shut.

Muahahahha sorry.

Anyway, you cant forced on everyone every episode and maybe with some of them becoming zeds they can develop some of the other people. I hate that Dale is gone but lets be honest...he hasnt done anything but cry about the blond haired ladies almost suicide for months now.

Its been a long time since I read through most of the comics...what was Dale's role during it? I remember him being more of a lookout and grandfather to the kids than anything else.

[quote name='klwillis45']That death scene needs a rewrite badly. Sneaky ninja zombie my ass.

If the walker was that close when the character approached it would have already been feasting on the cow in the gd wide open field.[/QUOTE]

not if they are getting smarter. the zombie set up a trap to catch the people off guard

[quote name='slidecage']not if they are getting smarter. the zombie set up a trap to catch the people off guard[/QUOTE] So you're saying the zombie who couldn't figure out how to unstick himself from some mud setup a cow death trap?

[quote name='Soodmeg']But even the people who have the most lines are still pointless underused and downright embarrassing. Rick needs to stop so much talking, his wife could do with a little shutting up, the mom who lost her daughter can never have another line again, most of the family at the farmhouse can also staple there mouths shut.

Muahahahha sorry.

Anyway, you cant forced on everyone every episode and maybe with some of them becoming zeds they can develop some of the other people. I hate that Dale is gone but lets be honest...he hasnt done anything but cry about the blond haired ladies almost suicide for months now.

Its been a long time since I read through most of the comics...what was Dale's role during it? I remember him being more of a lookout and grandfather to the kids than anything else.[/QUOTE]

they should have made rick an abusive alcoholic then the show would be much more exciting.....and lori would know her place. not to mention hed go out killing zombies in a dirty wife beater rocking a post apocalyptic mullet.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The long lost brother? I dont remember who that is mtxbass1.[/QUOTE]

That's the one. The one who hacked his arm off in the first season.

[quote name='klwillis45']So you're saying the zombie who couldn't figure out how to unstick himself from some mud setup a cow death trap?[/QUOTE]

I was surprised that he didn't pick up the pistol that Carl dropped and start capping fools at the farmhouse.

[quote name='Sway']He had half a line when they were inside the house discussing what to do with Randall. He said something about what to do with the body before Dale cut him off.[/QUOTE]

Haha, he gets one line all season and doesn't even get to finish it. They need to either have him get bit by a zombie or bring Merle back. For T-Dogg, the writers need to either shit or get off the pot.

Pure speculation on my part, but...

I think Randall's heavily-armed, teenager-raping group of 30 is going to be the TV show's equivalent of Woodbury. Merle will be part of that group and since he blames Rick for the loss of his hand, he'll be the one to suggest the Governor cut off Rick's.

[quote name='shieryda']I was surprised that he didn't pick up the pistol that Carl dropped and start capping fools at the farmhouse.[/QUOTE]

This! Haha

I'm just glad someone finally died again. Yesh!

Love love love this show but they need to get the fuck off the farm!

Do the Zombie's have "Anti-Common Sense Rays" that they send out to their "victims" as they get closer to them... ?

I guess that magical fence is breaking down... ?

[quote name='PJeff']Pure speculation on my part, but...

I think Randall's heavily-armed, teenager-raping group of 30 is going to be the TV show's equivalent of Woodbury. Merle will be part of that group and since he blames Rick for the loss of his hand, he'll be the one to suggest the Governor cut off Rick's.
[/QUOTE]

Great speculation there. Seems like that's exactly where it's all going.

Does the show follow the graphic novel story line or does it deviate? If it follows, what book in the series is the show up to? I'm curious to read the novels but just wanted to see how/where the books tie in.
thanks in advance!

[quote name='Arakias']Does the show follow the graphic novel story line or does it deviate? If it follows, what book in the series is the show up to? I'm curious to read the novels but just wanted to see how/where the books tie in.
thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Don't read the spoilers if you plan on reading the comics...

The TV show if kind of like a "What if..." version of the comic. The major difference being that
Shane is still alive when break camp outside Atlanta
. Some stuff from the show is exactly how it was in the comic
the attack on the camp when Amy dies
while other stuff in the show never happened in the comic
Vatos and CDC from season 1
. The end of this season should line up with issue 12 of the comic.

[quote name='PJeff']Don't read the spoilers if you plan on reading the comics...

The TV show if kind of like a "What if..." version of the comic. The major difference being that
Shane is still alive when break camp outside Atlanta
. Some stuff from the show is exactly how it was in the comic
the attack on the camp when Amy dies
while other stuff in the show never happened in the comic
Vatos and CDC from season 1
. The end of this season should line up with issue 12 of the comic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Still undecided about reading the comics since its a commitment but do appreciate your info!

Dear Jesus. Best ending of any episode?

We finally got a true Rick and Shane rumble! And now Shane is dead/turned/dead. I was a bit distracted during the show so I TOTALLY missed it, but why did Shane turn?

And Carl pulling a gun on Rick, but it really on walker/Shane? Good stuff. I was like "Damn Carl, you really learned from Shane," but was he really aiming at walker/Shane at first?

I'm glad they finally fortified the barn. Maybe it was too little too late, but it seems like the fanboys were clamoring for that. Though fortunately for the plot moving forward, it looks like the attack next week will push the crew off the farm. I hope Herschel and Maggie are with them when they go.

Not sure what the comics say about how the group leaves the farm, but I've been a fan ever since I accidentally caught the pilot on Halloween a year or two ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']looks like they did away with the burial
and holy shit ZOMBIE HORDE[/QUOTE]

Just saw the preview for the next episode and
HOLY SHIT ZOMBIE HORDE (CAN'T WAIT)

[quote name='drktrpr1']Jsut saw the preview for the next episode and
[/QUOTE]
:bouncy:

[quote name='drktrpr1']Just saw the preview for the next episode and
[/QUOTE]

i really wanted a zombie cow horde :)

really though did anyone catch the farm in the background after the fight..... wasnt they walking away from the farm yet they were like maybe 100 yards away from the farmhouse LOL

[quote name='slidecage']i really wanted a zombie cow horde :)

really though did anyone catch the farm in the background after the fight..... wasnt they walking away from the farm yet they were like maybe 100 yards away from the farmhouse LOL[/QUOTE]
yeah it seemed like they walked miles and then the camera pans out they're only in the back yard

[quote name='GUNNM']yeah it seemed like they walked miles and then the camera pans out they're only in the back yard[/QUOTE]

I thought Rick's comment to Shane about picking that spot was a bit odd at first, but made more sense when they panned out.

[quote name='renique46']sigh what in the fuck was that?

Was i watching The walking dead or Red Dead Redemption?[/QUOTE]
The walking dead.

[quote name='slidecage']i really wanted a zombie cow horde :)
really though did anyone catch the farm in the background after the fight..... wasnt they walking away from the farm yet they were like maybe 100 yards away from the farmhouse LOL[/QUOTE]It's called walking in a circle.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I thought Rick's comment to Shane about picking that spot was a bit odd at first, but made more sense when they panned out.[/QUOTE]
I was waiting for a Darryl arrow to break up the showdown the whole time.

Where did all those zombies come from this time? Not one to nitpick, but they shot Dale the night before and it didn't arouse a mass of zombies. And gunshots during the day have had no zombie call effects.

[quote name='renique46']sigh what in the fuck was that?

Was i watching The walking dead or Red Dead Redemption?[/QUOTE]What's wrong with Red Dead Redemption? I'd watch that all the way through. Anyone see the half hour Red Dead Special using all in game cutscenes and gameplay? It was sweet. A little out of order sometimes to tell the story in a more limited time frame and scope, but well done.

[quote name='jdawgg76']What's wrong with Red Dead Redemption? I'd watch that all the way through. Anyone see the half hour Red Dead Special using all in game cutscenes and gameplay? It was sweet. A little out of order sometimes to tell the story in a more limited time frame and scope, but well done.[/QUOTE]

Not a damn thing is wrong with RDR lol, id watch that all day. just funny watching rick and shane circle strafing looking like theyre about to draw their guns in a old fashion western duel. and whats with not being able to hear the growls again shane was only about 4 feet away yet rick didnt hear or better yet hey carl how about saying DAD duck! or hey dad move out the way so i can shoot this mofo, instead its let me take this eagle eye shot to hit shane instead of almost blowing my own fathers head off LOL

also

tumblr_lwj8f3bFXm1r5d224o1_500.jpg

[quote name='renique46']Not a damn thing is wrong with RDR lol, id watch that all day. just funny watching rick and shane circle strafing looking like theyre about to draw their guns in a old fashion western duel. and whats with not being able to hear the growls again shane was only about 4 feet away yet rick didnt hear or better yet hey carl how about saying DAD duck! or hey dad move out the way so i can shoot this mofo, instead its let me take this eagle eye shot to hit shane instead of almost blowing my own fathers head off LOL[/QUOTE]Gotcha. No doubt.
I did notice the whole duel looking aspect to the face off, too. As for the shot, I guess the idea is that it's the heat of the moment and he was confused and scared from what he saw so he was speechless and freaking out from what he saw next, but yeah a little "duck" would be better than having a bullet whiz by your head.
Here's a useless trivia fact for you about tonight's episode I heard on the Talking Dead after they saved Randall: Both actors who played characters who died tonight attended the same college, SKidmore College.

So there WAS NO MAGIC ZOMBIE FENCE! All those zombies were just chillin' in the woods playing Yahtzee the whole time. And finally said to themselves "We've been hearing gunshots for 1.5 seasons. I think it's time we go check it out."

I've begun to appreciate the illogical shit in this show. It stumbles as the drama AMC hoped it would be, but the plot holes make it a motherfuckin' camp classic.
Writers must have forgot to give Carl a reason to roam off a mile into the woods by himself to finish this story arch the way it was in the comics...near enough, anyway. That's what I was thinking the entire time: Carl's gotta be the one to shoot Shane, so when's the scene where he gives everyone the slip? Nope, they just teleported Rick and Shane Of The Dead back to the farm so Carl just had to wander out the front door. The show implies they got far away from the farm, so Shane could have enough time to set up the "crime scene", which would include shooting Rick, going all the way back to drag the other guy over to Rick's body without Daryl and Glenn noticing, so his story that "Little bastard killed Rick, so I snapped his neck." would hold water. Nobody from the farm heard Shane's gun go off, only Carl's. I'm going to have to think Rick dragged Shane all the way back to the farm, so he could be buried like the rest. But then there's another paradox about Daryl and Glenn, who would have caught up with Rick after hearing gunshots, giving Rick no time to drag Shane back. Oh well, it makes no sense whatsoever, to the point where I can't stop thinking about it, but I can't help but keep watching.

I was smirking the whole time early on. With Shane trying to give Carl the gun, Carl not wanting it, then his dad giving him the gun. I was like "FINALLY!", now lets just cut the bullshit and get to it.

Next episode looks awesome from the preview. Going to finally end this season the way they should have ended the last one, instead of that CDC nonsense.

Hate how last episode there seemed to be no problem with shooting dale next morning everything is peachy then 2 gunshots happen in this episode but it takes carls shot to magically alert a randomly placed herd seemingly very close to the barn.....the fuck?

The Preview Episode makes the dale death episode look even more bad. Rick and carl hear the groans from about 10 yards away but poor dale couldnt even detect a walker 2 ft behind him :applause:

[quote name='renique46']Hate how last episode there seemed to be no problem with shooting dale next morning everything is peachy then 2 gunshots happen in this episode but it takes carls shot to magically alert a randomly placed herd seemingly very close to the barn.....the fuck?[/QUOTE]

I think compared to all the other plot holes and logical gaps in the show it isn't too much of a stretch to think a herd could show up at random.

The first episode of the season established the roaming nature of a herd moving through an area so it's plausible a herd might show up in a spot that it wasn't at the previous night.

The herd is the plot mover. It's just on standby no matter the circumstances until it's time for them to move camp. Seriously, that's the only purpose the Walkers serve.

Which is fine. Every zombie movie was like that. Tension between the survivors with the occasional zombie assault and aftermath, to change acts.

1 down 2 to go...

So... the farm has magically figured out the big energy crisis eh... ?

Oh christ... are we really going back to whether or not you can get zombieism though the air, blood, or some other made up way to drag on the barn show... ? :sssssssssssigh:

If you guys hate the show and find so many plot holes, why do you keep watching? No one's forcing you to watch this.

Oh christ... are we really going back to whether or not you can get zombieism though the air, blood, or some other made up way to drag on the barn show... ? :sssssssssssigh:

Are you really disputing the way someone in a tv show can become something that isn't real? Just enjoy the show :)

I loved tonight's episode, but I don't like the way they
killed off Shane. In the comics, it was
Carl
who killed Shane, so I liked the nod to the comic. Zombie Shane wasn't in the comics.. at least, not that I can remember.
Can't wait til next week's show!

Next week's the season finale? Already? Geez. It's going to be a long wait until season three starts!

bread's done
Back