AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm not a big fan of the actor, but he's playing a CHILD, not a teenage psychotic. He seems to be maybe about ten years old, the actor is twelve. Shane has been in his life since the beginning, stepped in as a father figure when his own dad went missing and he just found out that very dad was the one who killed him and he has no idea of what was going on and why it had to happen. I hear demented stuff happens in the jail so maybe that's what pushes Carl over, although they really should have started with him being a little older.[/QUOTE]

He's a child in the comic as well. Him being a child doesn't mean he has to be this idiot that runs off on his own and cries to his mommy because his father chose to defend himself against another man who was trying to kill him. He's also a whiner. When he jumped out of the car tonight and immediately said "I'm freezing", it made me hate his character 100x more.

Like I said, in the comic he's a child, but he's mature and comes across as someone who understands the current situation. On the show he's just a dork.

[quote name='jdawgg76'] The plan sucked ass from the get go[/QUOTE]

Good thing they boarded up the house so they'd have a place to hide. Sure would seem like a better place to wait out a passing herd than say, under a bunch of cars.

Maybe the fact they're infected is already rotting their brain and makes them incapable of reason. :lol:

the whole 'this will no longer be a democracy' statement is what really got me. Made me want to start spending $10 for volumes of the comic books on the Android Market to read. I can't imagine Rick being a dick ;) Show was damn great, one of the best just due to the sheer magnitude of zombies. I really didn't care about every shot (even from cars doing donuts) being a headshot b/c a) its a tv show and b) I'm sure we all would wish we could shoot like that if the apocalypse ever did come..

Everything about it, the end scene, Michonne, has me so intrigued, I can't wait for the next season and I will probably spend a majority of my day wikipedia-ing the hell outta what some of this stuff means/is..

[quote name='SEH']I mentioned that as it was happening and was called a nitpicker as he obviously stopped to reload at the exact time I said something. People in the room completely disregarded the 90 previous shots fired sans reload.[/QUOTE]
My friends and I were thinking as soon as he stops to reload he is going to get overtaken... but he kept on firing. Then it cuts to like a close-up of him and we were like, okay - he's done now; and he starting getting RIDICULOUS firing off shot after shot. We were all cracking up at that point.

I'll have to rewatch it and count the number of shots actually fired.

[quote name='token2k6']the whole 'this will no longer be a democracy' statement is what really got me. Made me want to start spending $10 for volumes of the comic books on the Android Market to read. I can't imagine Rick being a dick ;) Show was damn great, one of the best just due to the sheer magnitude of zombies. I really didn't care about every shot (even from cars doing donuts) being a headshot b/c a) its a tv show and b) I'm sure we all would wish we could shoot like that if the apocalypse ever did come..

Everything about it, the end scene, Michonne, has me so intrigued, I can't wait for the next season and I will probably spend a majority of my day wikipedia-ing the hell outta what some of this stuff means/is..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wish I could get the Compendium on Amazon.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']How about Herschthal using the Unlimited Ammo code when holding off the farm. Nice touch. Over 40 shots without reloading.[/QUOTE]

I saw him reload at least once. It was when Lori started firing shots on the porch. You see him pull some rounds out of his pocket.

[quote name='bill123']I saw him reload at least once. It was when Lori started firing shots on the porch. You see him pull some rounds out of his pocket.[/QUOTE]
That was after the onslaught of shots, and he put 2-3 shells in. I'm not saying he didn't reload once, I'm saying he got off a lot more shots than ANY shotgun in existence would be able to fire in a row.

Basically no one will ever be happy watching this show, huh?

The only things that bugged me were, 1) Perfect headshots 2) Unlimited ammo 3) Stupid judgements by certain characters

Should be interesting in season 3!

[quote name='binici']The only things that bugged me were, 1) Perfect headshots 2) Unlimited ammo 3) Stupid judgements by certain characters[/QUOTE]

So...pretty much the whole episode then.

I see some of you guys will continue to watch the show despite hating it. Not much changed in this thread.

I marked out hard when Michonne showed up, and again at the end with the prison, the two things I wanted to see most from the comic. I was laughing my ass off with my roommate when I noticed that Herschel never once reloaded his shotgun. Andrea gained 1000 badass points this episode fending for herself for however many hours and picking of a few walkers a long the way.

Lori is still a bitch. Why the fuck are you upset about your husband killing the guy who's threatened the group, attempted to kill your husband and, oh, TRIED TO RAPE YOU? Also, your son wouldn't have had to put Shane down if you had kept en eye on him and made sure he didn't wander off for the umpteenth fucking time.

I loved Rick pretty much saying that he was tired of everyone not trusting him after everything he's done. I can totally understand Rick not wanting to tell everyone they're all infected. How do you tell someone no matter how they die they're gonna turn into a mindless flesh-eating wallking corpse? Morality would nosedive right through the floor.

I can't wait for season 3.

I have to be the one that least complains about this show. I watch it each and every week and enjoy the whole episode, regardless of what goes on. Sure, Lori is retarded, but I don't necessarily want them to kill her off, at least not yet. Andrea was a dumb bitch as well, but I gained some respect for her after the finale. I was laughing at Herschel's infinite ammo and the ridiculous headshots, but I can overlook those things. I'm not one to analyze every second of the show and then go on a rant about only to continue watching it the very next week. I sit back, relax, and enjoy the show for what it is.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh yeah, that reminds me, Jimmy's death was completely retarded. Why not just wait for Rick and that little punk to jump on the top of the RV and then drive off? What the fuck was he getting up for?! I thought that was what his plan was when he pulled up, and I thought "oh yeah, that's a pretty good idea." But no, I shouldn't give the show that much credit. Of course, he puts it in park and stands up to go outside for...??? I'm not sure. Did he think there was a party going on out there?

Stupid, stupid, stupid fucking show. What the hell is Krikman thinking? He can't be proud of this garbage.[/QUOTE]

maybe they forced the door open somehow that is why he got up to try to close the door ?

i thought they were going to climb down from the roof inside of the rv

dude knew he was dead he should of shot the RV gas tank to take out more of them

[quote name='slidecage']
dude knew he was dead he should of shot the RV gas tank to take out more of them[/QUOTE]
The fire from the barn should have spread to the RV at some point. We see the barn burn down; but as close as it was parked to the barn, it would have ignited at some point and there would have been some gasoline in there. They missed that.

I think it's hilarious that people are trying to make science work on a show that can't even get the characters and zombies to act the same way from episode to episode. As schizophrenic as the characters are, infinite ammo doesn't bother me that much.

Lol...the thing that gets me the most: didn't Lori try to manipulate Rick into killing Shane anyway? That lady is a total potatohead.

And Rick not telling them all about what Jenner said makes sense. They just had Hershel's daughter try to off herself, so if he tells them all they're infected it would just turn into Jonestown. Carol's right though: Daryl should be leading the group.

All that needs to be said

FZsHL.jpg

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol...the thing that gets me the most: didn't Lori try to manipulate Rick into killing Shane anyway? That lady is a total potatohead.[/quote]
Hahaha...YUP! It was only a couple episodes back too!

And Rick not telling them all about what Jenner said makes sense. They just had Hershel's daughter try to off herself, so if he tells them all they're infected it would just turn into Jonestown.
Only if the actors asked for more money.:lol:

Carol's right though: Daryl should be leading the group.
I think they're going to try and link the whole leadership thing back to the comic, hence the little hints about different people and their worth to the group.

You and I need to go have a few beers and talk about the show. You actually get it. :)

I guess I can be like everybody else here for a second. Wouldn't the zombies be like dried leather by now in the heat? How can that number of walkers still be mobile? Better yet, HOW THE HELL ARE THERE ZOMBIES IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?! This is a scientifically correct show right?

[quote name='Tsel']I have to be the one that least complains about this show. I watch it each and every week and enjoy the whole episode, regardless of what goes on. Sure, Lori is retarded, but I don't necessarily want them to kill her off, at least not yet. Andrea was a dumb bitch as well, but I gained some respect for her after the finale. I was laughing at Herschel's infinite ammo and the ridiculous headshots, but I can overlook those things. I'm not one to analyze every second of the show and then go on a rant about only to continue watching it the very next week. I sit back, relax, and enjoy the show for what it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I think the ones who point out all the flaws in the show would have more fun having beers and talking about the show. It's what makes it kinda a cult classic already, that it's just all over the place. Twenty years from now that guy is still going to be known as the black guy from Walking Dead that just fetches the shotgun, helps takes shit into the house, and wants to abandon everybody whenever he cuts his arm or gets to drive. T-Dawg is fast becoming my favorite non-character.

hooray for "take no shit" Rick his little ending speech was awesome and i hope they let him continue to be that way. funny how the people who do the least in this show complain the most and its mostly women.

gotta give andrea props her bit surviving alone was very entertaining as well her best performance the whole series imo. aside from that wtf is with the shotgun with unlimited ammo ? and i agree with you al too many damn headshots especially when you factor in that its nighttime.

yay for michione i was surprised they let her have her dead brothers along figured they may have felt that was too much.

good episode.

[quote name='lokizz']
yay for michione i was surprised they let her have her dead brothers along figured they may have felt that was too much.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the exact same thing. The show takes a generally "realistic" take on things, but throw in that crazy-ass "comic book moment" where you gotta wonder if a lot of viewers were like "err...WTF?"

Still wish they cast Gina Torres.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Yeah I thought the exact same thing. The show takes a generally "realistic" take on things, but throw in that crazy-ass "comic book moment" where you gotta wonder if a lot of viewers were like "err...WTF?"

Still wish they cast Gina Torres.[/QUOTE]

i think they didnt use her because shes too old and too well known. aside from daryl and merel and the kid they captured id never seen any of these people in anything. oh yeah and the guy from trueblood.

im happy they did a good job of casting here looks wise i had a fear theyd either make her white cheerleader type ie buffy or not cast her at all.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I see some of you guys will continue to watch the show despite hating it. Not much changed in this thread.

I marked out hard when Michonne showed up, and again at the end with the prison, the two things I wanted to see most from the comic. I was laughing my ass off with my roommate when I noticed that Herschel never once reloaded his shotgun. Andrea gained 1000 badass points this episode fending for herself for however many hours and picking of a few walkers a long the way.

Lori is still a bitch. Why the fuck are you upset about your husband killing the guy who's threatened the group, attempted to kill your husband and, oh, TRIED TO RAPE YOU? Also, your son wouldn't have had to put Shane down if you had kept en eye on him and made sure he didn't wander off for the umpteenth fucking time.

I loved Rick pretty much saying that he was tired of everyone not trusting him after everything he's done. I can totally understand Rick not wanting to tell everyone they're all infected. How do you tell someone no matter how they die they're gonna turn into a mindless flesh-eating wallking corpse? Morality would nosedive right through the floor.

I can't wait for season 3.[/QUOTE]

I've avoided posting in this thread as I really dig the show and usually have no complaints.

The Season 2 finale changed that, tho. So... Shane kills Otis and Randall, tries to kill Rick, rape Lori, and Lori is disgusted that Rick had to defend himself and kill— Ahem: THE GUY SHE ASKED HIM TO KILL BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT HE WAS DANGEROUS. Seriously. Seriously! Gah.

How is Rick the "bad guy" here? And what the heck is Carl crying about?

And as you said, there is no way to tell the last of the human race, "Hey guys, we're all infected. There's no hope."

How many of these people would have had the will to push forward with this knowledge floating in their head? Perpetually-crying Short-haired Housewife would have killed herself far before her daughter had to be put down. The only thing I fault Rick for is that he should have told his wife. If there's one thing Lori should be pissed about it's that zombie baby she's carrying.

I can't remember much of anything about the Prison, but I'm hyped for Season 3—even though Lori and Carl are becoming annoying.

The biggest thing that you guys need to remember is that just because they're upset (Lori, group, etc) doesn't mean they're not wrong. This happens all the time in everyday life. It's called a "knee jerk reaction". Lori's may have been a bit of a stretch (as I even thought "what was the point of her telling Rick how dangerous Shane was then?"), but I'm sure her initial thought was of Shane as Rick's best friend and his partner in the world they used to know, and the man who helped protect her and her son. Who knows, maybe in her twisted womanly thinking, she thought he could have been dealt with another way (she would be wrong...but again, it's not unrealistic for her to have that thought. What about people against capital punishment?) Yes, she comes off like a complete bitch, and it actually makes it look like she did have feelings for him. But hey, I'm sure she'll get over it.

Same with the group. They were hurt that Rick kept something from them. Whether or not it was for their own good, initially they don't care. Again, they'll get over it. You guys act like you've never pissed somebody off by being right before, lol. As for the other bickering about ammo/headshots/etc, you guys are hilarious. Anything just to have something to bitch about. You act like you're watching a documentary.

Still amazes me how some stupid individuals with lack of reading comprehension blindly assume just because others laugh/rant/criticize a scene or don't like how some are poorly shot, that somehow translates to completely hating the show. Don't know about others but to me this episode was 5x better than the past 2 atrocious wrecks.

[quote name='lokizz']he took daryls gun ( hillbilly with a crossbow fetish) and yeah it kind of annoyed me too that of all people he wouldnt notice a gun missing especially if its his. that guy would make a decent ghost rider as well have him and the guy from supernatural jensen eckles be the riders.[/QUOTE]

I have a white trash cousin that almost stabbed me over a missing tater tot, so yeah I find it hard to believe he didn't notice the gun missing earlier.

I am stopping reading at your post until I watch the rest of the episodes. Yahoo already spoiled the first appearance of
michonne
though.

[quote name='renique46']Still amazes me how some stupid individuals with lack of reading comprehension blindly assume just because others laugh/rant/criticize a scene or don't like how some are poorly shot, that somehow translates to completely hating the show. Don't know about others but to me this episode was 5x better than the past 2 atrocious wrecks.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about reading comprehension to me it seems there is a lot of hate in this thread. I think more of it is straight reaction 5 seconds after watching the damn thing; maybe people need to take a second before reacting. It doesn't help that its spoilered out there every week. And while it is cool to have the comic as a rough reference its not the same and I think people are still expecting it to have that same feel. I mean some of the unrealistic stuff is easily more believe in a comic than with a tv show. Guess I'm just saying some of the repeated crap in here doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

I thoroughly enjoyed this season with the exception of a couple of episodes before the midseason finale. The season premiers have been brilliant and I can't wait for the third. Hope they keep it around 60 minutes like the other two.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] You act like you're watching a documentary.[/QUOTE]

Oh, n8rockerasu, The Walking Dead is a documentary, and the events happen in real time.

[quote name='crushtopher']I wish Carl would die. That kid is worthless.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, not gonna happen. Producers have already chimed about how they're excited to see Carl grow up in zombieland.

[quote name='Kylearan']Sadly, not gonna happen. Producers have already chimed about how they're excited to see Carl grow up in zombieland.[/QUOTE]

Excited? For what? Him to grow up into a totally worthless and pathetic excuse for a man? It's not like the show is anywhere close to the graphic novel. Carl is a piece of shit, the wife is a cranky bitch and the chick who lost her daughter is just sad and pathetic. Some of the characters just piss me off - in case you couldn't tell.

[quote name='lokizz']oh yeah and the guy from trueblood.
[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah, when I saw him I was like "Wow, he's going to be on the show? Cool!"....a minute later "Nope, guess not."

Seriously, how many times are you going to come into the thread and cry like a bitch about people rippin on the show? At the very least we are actually talking about the show where as you are just bitching about people bitching.

[quote name='slowdive21']I have a white trash cousin that almost stabbed me over a missing tater tot, so yeah I find it hard to believe he didn't notice the gun missing earlier.

I am stopping reading at your post until I watch the rest of the episodes. Yahoo already spoiled the first appearance of
michonne
though.[/QUOTE]

He mentioned his gun that was missing. It was when he was given Dale's gun.

So I rewatched, the episode and it was like comdey gold. It was probably the best episode this season as far as entertainment goes.

Though it would NEVER happen on TV they would never allow it... But since everyone is infected. wouldnt the unborn baby be be infected to.. so if she lost the child when she got into the wreck the baby died but they didnt know it.. So when the baby gets bigger it would turn into a zombie and chew its way out

now maybe in a RATED R movie but i highly doubt you would EVER see that on a basic cable channel.. though it would be something new to see

[quote name='slidecage']Though it would NEVER happen on TV they would never allow it... But since everyone is infected. wouldnt the unborn baby be be infected to.. so if she lost the child when she got into the wreck the baby died but they didnt know it.. So when the baby gets bigger it would turn into a zombie and chew its way out

now maybe in a RATED R movie but i highly doubt you would EVER see that on a basic cable channel.. though it would be something new to see[/QUOTE]

if the baby died itd stay the size it was when it died so no it wouldnt grow. and there was a zombie baby in the dawn of the dead remake.

[quote name='lokizz']if the baby died itd stay the size it was when it died so no it wouldnt grow. and there was a zombie baby in the dawn of the dead remake.[/QUOTE]

yea but it was born it didnt dig itself out :)

and who said the baby die right then.. the baby could die at 7 or 8 months old and then Dig itself out of the women .... again you would never see something like this on a BASIC Cable channel..

There was a movie like this (where they injected something what made the dead come back alive) a women lost her baby and child goes make it live again... The women injects herself with the needle screen goes black and you hear her scream .... cant remember the name of the movie (low bud. movie)

[quote name='lokizz']
[/QUOTE]
I thought that one of them was her boyfriend and the other was the boyfriend's friend. Been rereading the comics and thought michione talked about it. Could be wrong. Been watching the show since it came out. Maybe now tv Rick can evolve into the Rick from the comics now that Shane is dead. Also been wonder how far they will go with the Gov story line since in the comics it got nasty in a hurry.

[quote name='bear489']I thought that one of them was her boyfriend and the other was the boyfriend's friend. Been rereading the comics and thought michione talked about it. Could be wrong. Been watching the show since it came out. Maybe now tv Rick can evolve into the Rick from the comics now that Shane is dead. Also been wonder how far they will go with the Gov story line since in the comics it got nasty in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

you might be right on that i know at least one is her brother ill have to dig up the comics to check but i think youre right about one being a bf.

i really hope rick does become more like his comic book persona hes pretty badass as of now hell most of those who have made it that far can hold their own easily. damn shame the tv carl isnt more like the comics carl but since theyre not killing him off maybe they will do a quick age up and bring in a teenage carl.

bread's done
Back