AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='bear489']I thought that one of them was her boyfriend and the other was the boyfriend's friend. Been rereading the comics and thought michione talked about it. Could be wrong. Been watching the show since it came out. Maybe now tv Rick can evolve into the Rick from the comics now that Shane is dead. Also been wonder how far they will go with the Gov story line since in the comics it got nasty in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

You're right: The two are her b/f and his best friend.

As for the baby stuff MAJOR COMICS SPOILER
They won't kill a baby on screen. Lorie would just bite it before she gave birth. So it's tragic, but not taboo for viewers

[quote name='GUNNM']wow that game looks bad it looks it was made by the team who made that shitty jurassic park game[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Cuz it is!

[quote name='slowdive21']Still not reading the thread. I just want to complain that comcast hasn't put the finale on demand in HD yet #whitepeopleproblems.[/QUOTE]

The internet can work wonders.

I love how fatty Kirkman totally destroyed his own reason for no zombies being on the farm...

Question...

Why doesn't the military use hand guns and shot guns instead of Machine guns for cover fire... ?

Finally...

1232550426_worf-face-palm.gif

[quote name='VipFREAK']I love how fatty Kirkman totally destroyed his own reason for no zombies being on the farm...

Question...

Why doesn't the military use hand guns and shot guns instead of Machine guns for cover fire... ?

Finally...

1232550426_worf-face-palm.gif
[/QUOTE]Why? What did he say?

[quote name='Rodimus']Still haven't seen one episode this season, but I have to ask how many times does Rick do that whisper talk?[/QUOTE]

He just talks like that so the viewers can hear T-Dawg if he tries to interject.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']He just talks like that so the viewers can hear T-Dawg if he tries to interject.[/QUOTE]

you know how depressing itll be if they finally ask him what tdog stands for and he says the T stands for Tyrese lol. kinda curious to see how this game will pan out id buy it if i didnt know itll end up free on psn+ within a month or so.

question for anyone who watched the 1st airing of the finale: i thought it was scheduled to be 1 1/2 hours but all of the repeats for it are only an hour? did they do something extra for 30 minutes or is my mind just gone? i ask because my receiver died last sunday morn and i didn't record it until this morning and then noticed it was only an hour long.

[quote name='slowdive21']Still not reading the thread. I just want to complain that comcast hasn't put the finale on demand in HD yet #whitepeopleproblems.[/QUOTE]

The finale was up the day after it aired.. I watched it a second time on Monday via on demand.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']They followed by with 30 minutes of "The Talking Dead" Where they revealed the acctress who would be playing Michonne as well as other things.[/QUOTE]

hmm, wonder why it wasn't list as talking dead. oh well, at least i didn't miss anything. thanks!

[quote name='lokizz']you know how depressing itll be if they finally ask him what tdog stands for and he says the T stands for Tyrese lol. kinda curious to see how this game will pan out id buy it if i didnt know itll end up free on psn+ within a month or so.[/QUOTE]

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Theodore_"T-Dog"_Douglas

So pretty sure Theodore is his own sap of a character not an attempt at Tyrese.

[quote name='SEH']The internet can work wonders.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a 42 inch HD computer monitor.

[quote name='Scorch']The finale was up the day after it aired.. I watched it a second time on Monday via on demand.[/QUOTE]

It finally came up last night at 12 AM in HD.

________

Pretty much same complaints: Hershel too many shots, everyone gets head shots with shotguns, etc.

I felt uncomfortable when Lori called T-Dog, T-dog...It just sounds weird in a crisis situation
(when she was going to jump out of the car)
. Might as well ask him his real name since we all know it is Tyrese.

I would think the zombies would be attracted to fire, so they should have been walking towards the barn.

The following the helicopter would have been more realistic if they said something like (3 months ago or whenever the survivors left Atlanta) so the walkers had time to eventually reach the farm. If they heard the gunshots over time and got rerouted to the farm would be more plausible.

That's all for now. Getting distracted at the moment.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Theodore_"T-Dog"_Douglas

So pretty sure Theodore is his own sap of a character not an attempt at Tyrese.[/QUOTE]

well then theres still a slim , very fucking slim, chance he could end up in the series. not that i care that much now that michione is in it. the only other characters i want to see are the governor and abrham ( i know i butchered his name).

also since sophias dead i wonder if the black guy in georgia will still have his son if they decide to have him meet up with rick again.

[quote name='slowdive21']I know this is late to the party, but I wish they would have cast Ameenah Kaplan as Michonne.

ameenah-kaplan-headshot-1024x682.jpg
[/QUOTE]

damn she would have been perfect whats she done?

[quote name='lokizz']damn she would have been perfect whats she done?[/QUOTE]

I know her as "Val" from the office. I'm not sure if she has done anything else. I tried looking her up in the past, but I couldn't find her name anywhere. I just knew the person I was looking for was "Val from the office". :D

The first time I saw her, I said "she would be a perfect Michonne".

ooo I just started watching this show on Netflix..wow can't believe I've almost missed this series! Almost pulled a Heroes (where I missed season 1-3 live, caught up on it via netflix then saw season 4 live).

Wish I could see Season 2 to catch up :(

I will give nothing away spoiler wise BUT i've been plowing through the comics lately and i'm through issue 70... HOW THE fuck ARE THEY GONNA PUT THIS ON BASIC CABLE? LOL I love it, why didn't HBO do this show!? I see way to much getting changed and skipped over just as stuff already has been tweaked.

I ran out of issues on my Kindle last night and purposely didn't add more till today or I would've prolly sat there and read the last 26. Guess i'll pick up Rise of the Governor after I get up to date. Hurry up season 3 lol.

ITDEFX, why not acquire them from the internet as you wait to buy season 2 on blu/dvd. Season 2 was great stuff.

Edit: WOW throw that Ameenah Kaplan in the gym hard for while and she's Michonne straight from the pages.

[quote name='$hady']I will give nothing away spoiler wise BUT i've been plowing through the comics lately and i'm through issue 70... HOW THE fuck ARE THEY GONNA PUT THIS ON BASIC CABLE? LOL I love it, why didn't HBO do this show!? I see way to much getting changed and skipped over just as stuff already has been tweaked.

I ran out of issues on my Kindle last night and purposely didn't add more till today or I would've prolly sat there and read the last 26. Guess i'll pick up Rise of the Governor after I get up to date. Hurry up season 3 lol.

ITDEFX, why not acquire them from the internet as you wait to buy season 2 on blu/dvd. Season 2 was great stuff.

Edit: WOW throw that Ameenah Kaplan in the gym hard for while and she's Michonne straight from the pages.[/QUOTE]

theres alot from the comic i dont expect will make it to tv its just too real and rough. damn shame though i knew most of carls stuff wouldnt be in there with all the crazy shit kids do nowdays theyd be too worried about someone tryiing to blame the show for something some shithead does in iowa or somewhere. id love to see hbo do an animated series with it probably wont happen but at least youd get the whole story unedited.

[quote name='$hady']I will give nothing away spoiler wise BUT i've been plowing through the comics lately and i'm through issue 70... HOW THE fuck ARE THEY GONNA PUT THIS ON BASIC CABLE? LOL I love it, why didn't HBO do this show!? I see way to much getting changed and skipped over just as stuff already has been tweaked.

Edit: WOW throw that Ameenah Kaplan in the gym hard for while and she's Michonne straight from the pages.[/QUOTE]

i want spoilers :)

and why do i think they are going to wait till Season 3 to put out that facebook walking dead game.. first they said April now its been in beta for who knows how long

[quote name='wwe101']I hate andrea so much, she is so fking annoying, please kill her off in season 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah most likely not going to happen
She is one of the biggest survivors in the comic

yeah but considering the show isnt following the comic that closely who know she could end up dead. but yeah lori needs to die soon bitch is too damn whiny im hoping with andrea off on her own she will show up to the prison hard as nails and badass. if i remember correctly it was during the prison shit that she started to turn.

and since they kill off sophia im hoping the black guy from Atlanta and his kid will survive.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah but considering the show isnt following the comic that closely who know she could end up dead. but yeah lori needs to die soon bitch is too damn whiny im hoping with andrea off on her own she will show up to the prison hard as nails and badass. if i remember correctly it was during the prison shit that she started to turn.

and since they kill off sophia im hoping the black guy from Atlanta and his kid will survive.[/QUOTE]

I
in the comics his kid turned, and they pick him up on the way to DC with Abraham and the gang. He is cool in the beginning, but where I am at (issue 90), he is kind of uneventful, you could say.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I
in the comics his kid turned, and they pick him up on the way to DC with Abraham and the gang. He is cool in the beginning, but where I am at (issue 90), he is kind of uneventful, you could say.
[/QUOTE]

yeah i know but like i said they changed alot of things and itd be cool for carl to have a guy friend his own age to hang out with and if they wanted they could do a flash foward or another series with the 2 of them fighting off zombies.

due that comic gets to unbelivably bad ass later on youre in for a treat. shit is seriously going to pop off now.

about 6 months ago, in this very thread, I asked around on what the best way to start reading TWD comics was. With help from you, I just finished getting caught up to issue 98 (current in the series). I figured I would make a quick video of what I have so far, and just thought I would throw it up here as a small thanks.

My Walking Dead Collection

[quote name='lokizz']
due that comic gets to unbelivably bad ass later on youre in for a treat. shit is seriously going to pop off now.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm in the minority but I've found maybe the last year of the comic a little slow. Maybe it's I just don't care about the new characters
or when they get an arrow through the eye

The only new one I'm kind of feeling and hoping gets some more time is Eugene.

I also feel like some characters were underused like the Dad w/ the kid.

Has there been any talk on if they plan to end the comic at any point? Maybe it will pick up for me again in a little bit, kind of like Invincible. Invincible felt like it really slowed down after the end of the big war, but I like the way it is going these days.

[quote name='Dokstarr']I guess I'm in the minority but I've found maybe the last year of the comic a little slow. Maybe it's I just don't care about the new characters
or when they get an arrow through the eye

The only new one I'm kind of feeling and hoping gets some more time is Eugene.

I also feel like some characters were underused like the Dad w/ the kid.

Has there been any talk on if they plan to end the comic at any point? Maybe it will pick up for me again in a little bit, kind of like Invincible. Invincible felt like it really slowed down after the end of the big war, but I like the way it is going these days.[/QUOTE]

It was rumored to end around issue 25 (that's why I bought the DF special), but now I don't see them ending it anytime soon since it is a cash cow.

Kirkman has said specifically in many ego-driven comments that he has no plan to end it. Even the prologue to the entire series says he intends for it to be like "a zombie movie that never ends."

I imagine he will have to end it. Whether he wants to or not. But it does suffer from "sitcom syndrome" as a result, where there's probably no structured story with a beginning and end. Just semi-random shit that happens until they slop together a finale.

Thank god for the AMC season 2 marathon this past weekend! Managed to catch up on it with the exception of the first 4-5 episodes? (Cherokee rose was the first one I saw). Man I can't wait to see Season 3!
I was telling my fiancee that if a zombie apocalypse happens or the power grid goes out , we are fucked...her response was to give me a frown and said "Shut UP!" Now I am thinking about the power grid a lot these days...maybe because of the storms we have been having lately.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Thank god for the AMC season 2 marathon this past weekend! Managed to catch up on it with the exception of the first 4-5 episodes? (Cherokee rose was the first one I saw). Man I can't wait to see Season 3!
I was telling my fiancee that if a zombie apocalypse happens or the power grid goes out , we are fucked...her response was to give me a frown and said "Shut UP!" Now I am thinking about the power grid a lot these days...maybe because of the storms we have been having lately.[/QUOTE]

i really dont know why people would even want to try to live though a zombie apocalypse or a nuclear one... i mean within a few months lack of food and clean water would kill most of the rest of the people

[quote name='slidecage']i really dont know why people would even want to try to live though a zombie apocalypse or a nuclear one... i mean within a few months lack of food and clean water would kill most of the rest of the people[/QUOTE]

But then everything is FREE! (including video games, which I will play on my solar powered plasma...for 3 minutes every 4 days.)

I taped the season 3 preview marathon i would have to say the Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on tv. It doesn't help that it has Breaking Bad completely overshadowing it but this show is just terrible. The game is so much fun but this tv series is just plain dull.

[quote name='GBH']I taped the season 3 preview marathon i would have to say the Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on tv. It doesn't help that it has Breaking Bad completely overshadowing it but this show is just terrible. The game is so much fun but this tv series is just plain dull.[/QUOTE]

Worst shows on TV? Okay, I'll definitely take that comment seriously. :roll:

bread's done
Back