American PsychOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sixersballernum3']Huh?[/QUOTE]
Thank you for proving my point.

But I've finally realized that stupidity is affecting our entertainment media of choice (except for Subbie). Stupid parents got that law in California passed, they got that law in Illinois passed, and things look to be heading towards Australia's lead.

So I applied at EB today. Doubt they'll even call me... even though they offered Jonathan a job while he was there today. Already has a fucking interview. He has a job... I should have a job. Maybe I can gte him to plug me in his interview. "Yeah, I can't work much but my girlfriend, she applied and she knows as much as me and can work more hours."
I'd like that. Better than sitting around here all the time. I'm getting very violent and yelling at both Ouendan and Soul Calibur 3. They cheat. They all cheat.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm kind of tired right now, and I really shouldn't be. Strange.[/QUOTE]

You might not want to sleep for 18 hrs out of a 24 hr day. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thank you for proving my point.

But I've finally realized that stupidity is affecting our entertainment media of choice (except for Subbie). Stupid parents got that law in California passed, they got that law in Illinois passed, and things look to be heading towards Australia's lead.[/QUOTE]

I did that on purpose. :roll:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']So I applied at EB today. Doubt they'll even call me... even though they offered Jonathan a job while he was there today. Already has a fucking interview. He has a job... I should have a job. Maybe I can gte him to plug me in his interview. "Yeah, I can't work much but my girlfriend, she applied and she knows as much as me and can work more hours."
I'd like that. Better than sitting around here all the time. I'm getting very violent and yelling at both Ouendan and Soul Calibur 3. They cheat. They all cheat.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully you'll manage to get it. :pray:

Would be nice for some bonus income, even if just part time.

[quote name='jaykrue']You might not want to sleep for 18 hrs out of a 24 hr day. :lol:[/QUOTE]

But after that I didn't sleep at all Saturday night. And then last night I went to sleep fairly early (around 10) and got out of bed at 9. I did wake up a few times through the night (the first time at 4) but it should have been enough.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']But after that I didn't sleep at all Saturday night. And then last night I went to sleep fairly early (around 10) and got out of bed at 9. I did wake up a few times through the night (the first time at 4) but it should have been enough.[/QUOTE]

That'll fuck up your internal body clock good. You've gotta have a consistent sleep/wake arrangement. If it's too sporadic, you'll end up feeling tired all the time causing your sleeping schedule to spiral out of control. Funnily enough, my mom (a doctor) told me the same thing when I was in college. But yeah, sound advice nonetheless.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hopefully you'll manage to get it. :pray:

Would be nice for some bonus income, even if just part time.[/QUOTE]
On a different note, I'll probably be interning in Spring at the preschool on campus. I'm going to help make science/nature oriented activities for the kiddies, hopefully.
Bonus income will be great for starting to save money for Jonathan's college fund :lol:
I'll probably be bringing home the bacon next school year, as long as I'm able to secure a teaching position (they are desparate for teachers so hopefully I'll be able to)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought you had your sarcasm detector fixed? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

No, the damn upgade didn't wok. I actually downgaded me. How geat, huh?

[quote name='jaykrue']That'll fuck up your internal body clock good. You've gotta have a consistent sleep/wake arrangement. If it's too sporadic, you'll end up feeling tired all the time causing your sleeping schedule to spiral out of control. Funnily enough, my mom (a doctor) told me the same thing when I was in college. But yeah, sound advice nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Well for a few days last week (maybe the week before) I was sleeping 10-2 and then going to sleep again at 8.

I never have much energy anyway, so it doesn't make much difference. It just feels like I wasted my time by sleeping. :lol:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']On a different note, I'll probably be interning in Spring at the preschool on campus. I'm going to help make science/nature oriented activities for the kiddies, hopefully.
Bonus income will be great for starting to save money for Jonathan's college fund :lol:
I'll probably be bringing home the bacon next school year, as long as I'm able to secure a teaching position (they are desparate for teachers so hopefully I'll be able to)[/QUOTE]
Part time job might get some cool swag/discounted stuff, so that might be a reason to keep that, regardless.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well for a few days last week (maybe the week before) I was sleeping 10-2 and then going to sleep again at 8.

I never have much energy anyway, so it doesn't make much difference. It just feels like I wasted my time by sleeping. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Try having a sleeping schedule around 12-8 since that's all (or even more than) an adult really needs (6-8 hrs). And keep it consistent for a month. I promise you'll feel a whole world of difference. I used to hate 'morning persons' but now I am one. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Try having a sleeping schedule around 12-8 since that's all (or even more than) an adult really needs (6-8 hrs). And keep it consistent for a month. I promise you'll feel a whole world of difference. I used to hate 'morning persons' but now I am one. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I usually use nights without sleep to get myself back on a semi-normal schedule, so we'll see how it goes. I can't really watch DVDs late at night without headphones, so there's one incentive.

Real 'morning persons' rise before the sun. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Try having a sleeping schedule around 12-8 since that's all (or even more than) an adult really needs (6-8 hrs). And keep it consistent for a month. I promise you'll feel a whole world of difference. I used to hate 'morning persons' but now I am one. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Little things like light, shelter, food, they tend to get in the way of not being a morning person. :roll:

Sucks, don't it? :D

Me, I try to get at least 6 hours of sleep a night during the week, and I seem to be OK with that. 12:30-6:30, under normal circumstances, or 1:00-7:00. Less that six for more than a night or two at a time, that tends to mess with me a little bit.

On the weekends, it's usually catching up a little bit, with 8 or so hours on Friday & Saturday nights.

My problem is fuckin' insomnia. I'll feel super-tired, but I'll lay down to sleep at 10 or so and not got to bed until 12:30. :bomb:

[quote name='shrike4242']Hopefully you'll manage to get it. :pray:

Would be nice for some bonus income, even if just part time.[/QUOTE]

You got that right.

Even a small paycheck goes a long way. I know that I'm a lot happier now that I'm working and have a steady part-time paycheck.

[quote name='Tiphireth']My problem is fuckin' insomnia. I'll feel super-tired, but I'll lay down to sleep at 10 or so and not got to bed until 12:30. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hey, classic avatar! Sweet. :D

[quote name='Tiphireth']My problem is fuckin' insomnia. I'll feel super-tired, but I'll lay down to sleep at 10 or so and not got to bed until 12:30. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You might subconsciously have something on your mind that you can't stop thinking about that prevents you from sleeping. If not, then you might just have some stress usually work related. Try taking deep breaths. I mean suck wind until you're about to burst and let it out in a controlled and slow manner, keep repeating until you either fall asleep or what you think may have been 10 minutes. If you're still up, I'd say the problem at that point may be physical and time to talk to a professional.

[quote name='shrike4242']Little things like light, shelter, food, they tend to get in the way of not being a morning person. :roll:

Sucks, don't it? :D

Me, I try to get at least 6 hours of sleep a night during the week, and I seem to be OK with that. 12:30-6:30, under normal circumstances, or 1:00-7:00. Less that six for more than a night or two at a time, that tends to mess with me a little bit.

On the weekends, it's usually catching up a little bit, with 8 or so hours on Friday & Saturday nights.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those lil things can add up. That's why I make it an effort to eat healthy during the week and have 1 or two naughty (read: fatty-type) meals during the weekend. Plus, you might wanna consider investing in one of those L-shaped full length body pillows. When I'm traveling, I can't sleep on a strange bed but I sleep with the L pillow all the time (yes, even when a lady friend is sleeping over :lol: ) so it kinda reminds me of home and what my bed feels like and I can fall asleep pretty quick. It doesn't even hafta be an L-shaped. Just something in bed that makes you feel comfortable, as if you were home.

[quote name='jaykrue']You might subconsciously have something on your mind that you can't stop thinking about that prevents you from sleeping. If not, then you might just have some stress usually work related. Try taking deep breaths. I mean suck wind until you're about to burst and let it out in a controlled and slow manner, keep repeating until you either fall asleep or what you think may have been 10 minutes. If you're still up, I'd say the problem at that point may be physical and time to talk to a professional.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it's juat stress related. There's always something for me to worry about. :/

[quote name='Saucy Jack']
Hey, classic avatar! Sweet. :D[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. Ode skoo' style.

I go to bed at 9:30 wake up at 6, feel like shit still. But if I go to bed and wake up lets say 6:01 on my own and not by my alarm clock, it's much easier.

I also have the problem of just lying in bed for a while until I drift off to sleep. The only thing that helps me seems to be music. However, I don't have anything rigged up to help me.

No wonder I often feel like shit in the mornings.

[quote name='jaykrue']Yeah, those lil things can add up. That's why I make it an effort to eat healthy during the week and have 1 or two naughty (read: fatty-type) meals during the weekend. Plus, you might wanna consider investing in one of those L-shaped full length body pillows. When I'm traveling, I can't sleep on a strange bed but I sleep with the L pillow all the time (yes, even when a lady friend is sleeping over :lol: ) so it kinda reminds me of home and what my bed feels like and I can fall asleep pretty quick. It doesn't even hafta be an L-shaped. Just something in bed that makes you feel comfortable, as if you were home.[/QUOTE]
Me, I can sleep anywhere, once I'm tired. May not be as good sleep as at home, though most of the time, the bed I have at home is much better than being out of town. So, it's a toss-up.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Check this out. It's already on eBay. The first official Rambo IV teaser poster:

[/QUOTE]
*thwaps SJ with the thumbnail stick*

I agree with Sub, that looks pretty bad. Not quite as bad when it's thumbnailed, of course. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']
*thwaps SJ with the thumbnail stick*

I agree with Sub, that looks pretty bad. Not quite as bad when it's thumbnailed, of course. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is a pretty bad poster.

What do we have here? A stick...

I'll grab the stick, turn that sumbitch sideways and then...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, that is a pretty bad poster.

What do we have here? A stick...

I'll grab the stick, turn that sumbitch sideways and then...[/QUOTE]

Nosaucydon'tdoi- Awwww, ewwww. :hot:

[quote name='Tiphireth']Nosaucydon'tdoi- Awwww, ewwww. :hot:[/QUOTE]

styles_joey.jpg

OH MY GOD!

[quote name='flowery']Hell motha fuckin yeah Rambo. The poster looks fake though.[/QUOTE]

I know it does, but it's actually real. It was published in a Hollywood trade magazine.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I know it does, but it's actually real. It was published in a Hollywood trade magazine.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats gay. I understand the whole painting/drawing thing but c'mon man. They better improve for the actual one so I can buy it and put with my Rambo collection. I will go see it the first day and buy it on DVD.

[quote name='flowery']Wow thats gay. I understand the whole painting/drawing thing but c'mon man. They better improve for the actual one so I can buy it and put with my Rambo collection. I will go see it the first day and buy it on DVD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully the final poster art will be great. I mean, if they want to go with the classic painted/drawn art, they should call up Drew Struzan. I'm sure he'd make a kick-ace poster.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, hopefully the final poster art will be great. I mean, if they want to go with the classic painted/drawn art, they should call up Drew Struzan. I'm sure he'd make a kick-ace poster.[/QUOTE]

kick what?

Do yourself a favor and return it. If you are getting a 360, I'm sure you would rather have a wireless controller.

[quote name='2poor']but kicking someones ace doesnt have the same effect as kicking somethings ass.[/QUOTE]

Tiene razón, amigo.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Bought a wired 360 controller today at Best Buy, friggin' 44 bucks and I still aint sure I'm getting a 360.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you do get a 360, you're prepared. Also, can't you use the wired controller as a PC controller, too?

On a different note with the current trade-in deal at EB (30% bonus trade-in when 3 or more games are traded in) I was surprised how much I received from some games: Nintendogs 22.10, and Monster Hunter 13. Also they gave me 30 for my SP. :shock:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']On a different note with the current trade-in deal at EB (30% bonus trade-in when 3 or more games are traded in) I was surprised how much I received from some games: Nintendogs 22.10, and Monster Hunter 13. Also they gave me 30 for my SP. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a pretty good credit for Nintendogs.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Wow, that's a pretty good credit for Nintendogs.[/QUOTE]
I paid 27 for it the day it came out. So I'd say that I made out like a bandit. I also only paid 50 for my SP when I got it about 15 months ago at a pawn shop.
Speaking of bandits, my cat is a thief, she steals jewelry and dollar bills and sacks of change. Thief!

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I paid 27 for it the day it came out. So I'd say that I made out like a bandit. I also only paid 50 for my SP when I got it about 15 months ago at a pawn shop.
Speaking of bandits, my cat is a thief, she steals jewelry and dollar bills and sacks of change. Thief![/QUOTE]

Wow, then you had an all-around awesome deal.

You got a cat thief, too, huh? One of the cats from next door likes to steal little things off our porch...

Maybe you can get your cat to work for you... :twisted:

"Hey, Lulu, where'd you get that lovely diamond necklace?" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back