Amex Sync Offer: Spend $100 Get $25 at Sony Store ($20 PSN Card, Gran Turismo 6, Dualshock 4, 32GB Vita Memory Card)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sony Spend $100, Get $25 back

• Use your synced Amex Card: Spend $100 or more at Sony by 12/31/13 and get a 1x $25 statement credit.
  • Offer Valid 11/18/2013 through 12/31/2013.
Valid in-store and online at www.store.sony.com. Excludes Sony entertainment. Enrollment limited. Valid only at US locations. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 12/31/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Limit 1 credit per Card across all Amex offer channels. Credit subject to proper transaction coding & issued w/in 8 weeks after qualifying purch. Credit reversed if purch returned. POID: AVIA:0001

Playstation Store Card $20

32GB Playstation Vita Memory Card $79.99

DualShock 4 $59.99

Gran Turismo 6 $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify for others looking for this, I found it in the list of deals after sync'ing my Amex with Facebook.  I don't know if any of the others would work or not offhand but if you're looking for Sony's store directly off of the sync page linked in the OP, you won't find it there. ;)  I too got $100 in PS store cards, seemed like a good deal to me. :)

Thanks for this OP (and Googer!)  I had given up on taking advantage of this when people were talking about in another thread, since it didn't show up naturally in my account offers and I assumed it was because it's a Costco Amex card.  Didn't realize that I needed to sync Facebook with it but when I did it worked like a charm.  100 PSN fun bucks for $75 is a great deal!

The twitter hashtag is #AmexSony. Apparently I was already enrolled. Last time they did was on January.

So just to make sure I understand this deal correctly- I synced my AmEx card with my Facebook account, found the spend $100 get $25 Sony offer, then added the offer to my card.  Now I just need to spend $100 on Sony's store to get $25 back?

When do I get the $25 back?  How long do I have to use it?  I assume I have to use it at Sony's store?

So just to make sure I understand this deal correctly- I synced my AmEx card with my Facebook account, found the spend $100 get $25 Sony offer, then added the offer to my card. Now I just need to spend $100 on Sony's store to get $25 back?

When do I get the $25 back? How long do I have to use it? I assume I have to use it at Sony's store?
you'll get a $25 statement credit on your amex account, so basically a $25 refund (i.e. you don't have to spend the $25 anywhere at all as it gets posted back to your account).

edit: oops, usually takes about 5-7 days for it to show up for me.

you'll get a $25 statement credit on your amex account, so basically a $25 refund (i.e. you don't have to spend the $25 anywhere at all as it gets posted back to your account).

edit: oops, usually takes about 5-7 days for it to show up for me.
Awesome- thanks for the info! I just finished getting five $20 PSN cards and look forward to seeing the $25 credit on my next AmEx statement.

Great deal, thanks OP!

Thanks OP!  Seriously thinking about biting on a 32gb Vita memory card and $20 PS store card.  $55 (after the $25 bill credit) for a 32gb is the best deal I've seen currently.

Thanks OP! Seriously thinking about biting on a 32gb Vita memory card and $20 PS store card. $55 (after the $25 bill credit) for a 32gb is the best deal I've seen currently.
I think you can find a better deal considering $55 is after the fact that you had to pay full price for a $20 PSN card.

I think you can find a better deal considering $55 is after the fact that you had to pay full price for a $20 PSN card.
If you find a better deal, let me know. Paying full price for a PSN card seems to be a regular occurrence so it's not much of a factor to me.

hmm when adding 100 dollars worth of gift card its taking off 30 cents for me...making it 99.70 which wouldnt make the order qualify..

will check my Amex account later to see if this is on there.  hopefully Sony stores have some more clearance or sales on ps3/vita games.

Be sure to go through ebates to get 5 percent cash back on top of it.  If you haven't signed up yet, PM me and I will be glad to send you a referral link for ebates, I just need to refer 1 more person to get the 50$. 

My psn cards are on backorder even though the store says they are in stock.  Anyone else running into this issue?

My psn cards are on backorder even though the store says they are in stock. Anyone else running into this issue?
I am- my cards are on backorder, and I haven't gotten the $25 credit on my AmEx card yet, since the order has to ship before I get the credit.

However, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from AmEx saying something like I didn't qualify for a bonus or an offer or something like that. The letter was very vague and didn't explicitly mention this particular promotion (or anything else specifically), but I'm worried that I won't get the credit regardless of when the order ships. Adding to the pressure is the fact that I could cancel the order now without penalty, which I would do if I know for sure that I'm not going to get the credit.

I am- my cards are on backorder, and I haven't gotten the $25 credit on my AmEx card yet, since the order has to ship before I get the credit.

However, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from AmEx saying something like I didn't qualify for a bonus or an offer or something like that. The letter was very vague and didn't explicitly mention this particular promotion (or anything else specifically), but I'm worried that I won't get the credit regardless of when the order ships. Adding to the pressure is the fact that I could cancel the order now without penalty, which I would do if I know for sure that I'm not going to get the credit.
They sent a lot of those letters out, if it's the one I think. They miscalculated reward points and cash back for transactions from some retailers and sent out a vague notice telling people it'd been fixed. You can call CS for clarification.

thanks for the heads up op! i was able to get $100 in psn cards ($20x5), 5% off from ebates, and the $25 back from AmexSync. i received thumbs up emails from sony (not backordered), amexsync, and ebates.

This is weird.

I added five $20 PSN cards which should qualify for this offer.

but......

Sony is charging me a negative tax of $0.30

so

My total is $99.70.

ehhh

The total is correct if I change the shipping speed to Express/Expedited (the non-free options)

Does anyone know why???? (Other than Sony hates me)

Ordered on 11/25, for 5 PSN $20 cards and just got email cancellation from Sony. Tried ordering it again since it says "in stock" and got cancellation email immediately. Talk about crappiness.

Ordered on 11/25, for 5 PSN $20 cards and just got email cancellation from Sony. Tried ordering it again since it says "in stock" and got cancellation email immediately. Talk about crappiness.
I got the same email. Now when I try and order them I get this message.

NksPKIB.jpg

Same here. Ordered a week ago when it said in stock and they just cancelled. Placed a new order and it cancelled it immediately. What a shit company. If they are actually out of stock, how about they update their crappy website to reflect that instead of auto cancelling orders?

Wow, i'm surprised at how hard this would have been to sell these digitally and generate a random voucher code.  Guess Sony doesnt want to make any money.

Probably they're worried about fraud, not on you guys in particular, but in general. Seems like there are a lot of scammers/hackers out there, continually trying to rip Sony and its customers off. Ruins it for the rest of us!

Probably they're worried about fraud, not on you guys in particular, but in general. Seems like there are a lot of scammers/hackers out there, continually trying to rip Sony and its customers off. Ruins it for the rest of us!
nope, this wasn't due to hackers/scammers, just Sony being incompetence.

Well I talked too Sony about why my order was cancelled on the PSN Cards that I ordered from then like two weeks ago and they told me its sold out and the website is gonna be updated soon saying the same thing. He also told me since I had placed the order a while back I was going to get a email later in the future on when the Cards would be available. Hopefully its before the end of the month cause that's when this offer ends. I guess if worst comes I'll just order them from Amazon who has the spend $75 get $25 back so its kinda the same thing :whistle2:$

Wow, i'm surprised at how hard this would have been to sell these digitally and generate a random voucher code. Guess Sony doesnt want to make any money.
Yea, I've never seen Microsoft ever run out of MS points. Even during the time when they had a coupon mistake when a $15 point card can be had for $5, they did run out (understandable) but put orders on hold for couple days then fullfilled them, not cancel them. It took Sony only 2 week to realize they don't have any in stock and started cancelling all orders and their website still says "in stock". :roll:

I guess if worst comes I'll just order them from Amazon who has the spend $75 get $25 back so its kinda the same thing :whistle2:$
Not exactly. At Amazon, you can buy anything with it and many are at sale prices. At Sony, it's for overpriced Sony products at MSRP. At least for me, I rather not blow AMEX credit for Amazon at these PSN cards.

I was trying to get rid of some Sony gift cards I bought last year with the Amex promo and my PSN $60 backorder was cancelled.  Both gift card codes come up as invalid when I try to use them again so I'm hoping that is just because they haven't put the money back yet.  I really don't want to have to mess with customer service.

I agree that it is very annoying that Sony would run out of their own product cards and cancel instead of just waiting for more to come in.  It's not like they sold out of last years model and can't get any more.

Well I talked too Sony about why my order was cancelled on the PSN Cards that I ordered from then like two weeks ago and they told me its sold out and the website is gonna be updated soon saying the same thing. He also told me since I had placed the order a while back I was going to get a email later in the future on when the Cards would be available. Hopefully its before the end of the month cause that's when this offer ends. I guess if worst comes I'll just order them from Amazon who has the spend $75 get $25 back so its kinda the same thing :whistle2:$
I bet you $25 they won't be back in stock before 1/1/14. I think the problem is they lose money by selling these to you at such a discount. At least with physical goods there's a markup. With the PSN cards it's just money you're buying.

I bet you $25 they won't be back in stock before 1/1/14. I think the problem is they lose money by selling these to you at such a discount. At least with physical goods there's a markup. With the PSN cards it's just money you're buying.
Except it's money that can only be used for one thing and Sony has a huge margin on PSN since the inventory is just server space and they have very flexible agreements with the third party publishers that allow them to readily discount content for promo purposes. Frankly, this is just Sony having bad supply chain management and nothing more.

order canceled  sony can suck it 

i just hit meijers up and do the   50 for 40   

get  20 back for 100   yea  i lose  5    But fuck sony  :)

where did you guys order from?  I did not see at sony.com which I thought is where it has to be purchased according to AMEX (or a Sony store).

has anyone bought at a Sony store - do they charge tax?

Heads up guys, the site now shows an ETA of 12/15/13 on the PSN cards. So I decided to place another order for them, and after only 30 minutes it's already in the "preparing shipment" phase, so I think you should be able to reorder them now.

Heads up guys, the site now shows an ETA of 12/15/13 on the PSN cards. So I decided to place another order for them, and after only 30 minutes it's already in the "preparing shipment" phase, so I think you should be able to reorder them now.

I ordered as well. Was waiting for a shipping confirmation before posting. At least they aren't instal-canceling like yesterday.
Thanks for the update. Just reordered now and no insta-cancel so hopefully they really have stock this time.

I don't see any mention of an ETA - shows In stock.  I do see:

Special Offers

• Free 2-day shipping (orders over $50, excludes TV 55"+)

Was "in stock" not shown when you guys ordered recently?  My order confirmation email shows estimated ship date for tomorrow, Dec 13.

I don't see any mention of an ETA - shows In stock. I do see:

Special Offers

• Free 2-day shipping (orders over $50, excludes TV 55"+)

Was "in stock" not shown when you guys ordered recently? My order confirmation email shows estimated ship date for tomorrow, Dec 13.
Mine shows "preparing for shipping"

ty all for the update, just placed an order.

also, just fyi you should be able to upgrade to the $16 express shipping for free.

at least, i can.  not sure if it's just for some members or not, but i think it's a christmas promotion for orders over a certain amount.

My order for 5 $20 PSN cards went through too, preparing for shipping now.

And yeah, the $16 off express shipping is free for orders over $50.

ordered earlier today, shipped 2 hours later.

i used the free express shipping ($16 option, goes to zero when selected).

credit hasn't shown up on amex yet but i'm not worried about that, it will.

Sony is still charging me a negative tax rate w the free shipping options (ground/2nd day).

It is making my total $99.xx which is *#@! annoying.

ordered earlier today, shipped 2 hours later.

i used the free express shipping ($16 option, goes to zero when selected).

credit hasn't shown up on amex yet but i'm not worried about that, it will.
WTF, I ordered on the 10th, mine shows this. The 15th is a Sunday.

Wnl8bfR.jpg

bread's done
Back