Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
so my wife placed an order for in-store pickup at walmart. they have mega man and sonic showing in stock. i have never completed an in-store pickup at walmart. is the turn around time as good as best buy? I would love for us to pick them up tonight, but if it takes another day then I can try to remain patient. I am just excited to complete this wave and move on towards the next.

I'm amazed at how good MK's face looks in that pic. Most of the ones I've seen look like shit, with paint wear/fading.
Ya know, its weird actually. I still think its a poor paint job but the friend I gave one to immediately said it was intentional for a "weathered" look, maybe collector's are thinking too much about it?

And on the topic of target, has anyone had any luck complaining? Got my ikes and megamen today in the usual packing shape, I don't mind 1-2 of them being that way since they were being opened but its starting to get a little troubling.

so my wife placed an order for in-store pickup at walmart. they have mega man and sonic showing in stock. i have never completed an in-store pickup at walmart. is the turn around time as good as best buy? I would love for us to pick them up tonight, but if it takes another day then I can try to remain patient. I am just excited to complete this wave and move on towards the next.
If, IF, you're Wal Mart store is awesome you'll have your order filled within an hour or two. The store I work at is pretty good about getting them done because Home Office will call us if in it's the system for more than 20 mins. You really have to worry about inventory, the system updates every 12 hours so you might put in an order and the item might not be there. Good luck!

From my experience, Walmart is pretty good. I believe if the item is in stock, their "goal" is to send a "ready to pick-up" email within 4-6 hours.

If, IF, you're Wal Mart store is awesome you'll have your order filled within an hour or two. The store I work at is pretty good about getting them done because Home Office will call us if in it's the system for more than 20 mins. You really have to worry about inventory, the system updates every 12 hours so you might put in an order and the item might not be there. Good luck!
thanks for the input. fingers crossed as always. they were not showing in stock earlier this morning. so I just checked on my phone at lunch. gave her a call and she placed the order. I can't speak to this wal-mart. our local store is pretty horrible with all angles of customer service, inventory etc. the store with the tiems in stock is about 30 miles south in savannah,ga. it is a much newer location, so hopefully they come through.

Seem like nintendo have big promo in march save $10 when you buy kirby and the rainbow curse with any amiibo meta figure (mental knight, kirby or king dedede)

thanks for the input. fingers crossed as always. they were not showing in stock earlier this morning. so I just checked on my phone at lunch. gave her a call and she placed the order. I can't speak to this wal-mart. our local store is pretty horrible with all angles of customer service, inventory etc. the store with the tiems in stock is about 30 miles south in savannah,ga. it is a much newer location, so hopefully they come through.
If it is anything like my nearby stores. You'll get an email saying there is something wrong with your payment and the order will be canceled. This is code for, "we don't actually have this item" or what has happened 90% of the time for me "the item is on the shelf, but fuck if we're gonna do any actual work."

Hmm, none within 50 miles of me, and I have a LOT of Wal-Marts nearby.

I know Nintendo probably under-produced and it's not like we're going to see a sudden inflow of amiibo and 3DS bundles but if Iwata is saying it impacted them I'm not going to doubt it.
Do you think Iwata will admit to investors and fans that they have been withholding shipments to drive up demand? I'm not saying the port strike had no effect, just that I wouldn't trust anything he says regarding Amiibo availability.

Lol Nintendo of America must think anyone can just walk into a store to get Meta Knight and Dedede

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/569912078397509632
Nintendo must like to taunt it's fans. I love all the responses saying they can't get anyone besides Kirby.

The problem is from what I've read the strike set them back like two freaking months, so it will probably still be quite awhile before they finish clearing up that huge mess of containers at the docks.

Makes me wonder if we will still see strike-like conditions just due to the huge backlog, or if they'll maybe prioritize new shipments.
I'm hoping that large shipment of Little Macs that has been held up finally gets delivered ;)

Ya know, its weird actually. I still think its a poor paint job but the friend I gave one to immediately said it was intentional for a "weathered" look, maybe collector's are thinking too much about it?

And on the topic of target, has anyone had any luck complaining? Got my ikes and megamen today in the usual packing shape, I don't mind 1-2 of them being that way since they were being opened but its starting to get a little troubling.
how were they packed? Received some my target amiibos today and they were packed great one was flat and the other one was rotated on top to fit into the other one to make a perfect fit

how were they packed? Received some my target amiibos today and they were packed great one was flat and the other one was rotated on top to fit into the other one to make a perfect fit
The way everyone who's had a broken shipment had them shipped. Instead of putting them on the side they put them vertical so the cardboard had to be bent down to close it. Lol but .... lol I guess i'm going to be coloring a lot of megamen now

Even the 1st MK they gave me the other day when picking up in-store had the top of the box bent (horribly!), I politely asked the lady to swap it out with another and she did -- it paid to be first in line I guess, but wouldn't have been heartbroken if it was damaged, just figured why settle for less if I didn't have to.  Also, just saying that apparently even the people who box it up for BestBuy themselves, didn't do the greatest packaging jobs!

So the gamestop link, all stores around me say instock. Does that mean more than likely they are the ones to fullfil pre orders? or will they have more than that? Why even bother posting instock online if they actually have 0 available ones  :wall:

So the gamestop link, all stores around me say instock. Does that mean more than likely they are the ones to fullfil pre orders? or will they have more than that? Why even bother posting instock online if they actually have 0 available ones :wall:
Most likely just preorder ones. I just called 6 stores in my town and they have less than they even have preorders for.

Do you think Iwata will admit to investors and fans that they have been withholding shipments to drive up demand? I'm not saying the port strike had no effect, just that I wouldn't trust anything he says regarding Amiibo availability.
Well that's all I'm saying. That the port strike likely did effect them since this has been an ongoing issue since June of last year. Nintendo doesn't see any of those reseller dollars and there are plenty of commons (excess inventory) on the shelves. I'm guessing they shipped out what they thought would be the most popular characters and limited the other characters because of their popularity.

The meta knight I got with gold mask instead silver
Seem like nintendo have big promo in march save $10 when you buy kirby and the rainbow curse with any amiibo meta figure (mental knight, kirby or king dedede)
I see you're trying to compete with twitter for most annoying CAG and with slidecage for most incoherent CAG.

So the gamestop link, all stores around me say instock. Does that mean more than likely they are the ones to fullfil pre orders? or will they have more than that? Why even bother posting instock online if they actually have 0 available ones :wall:
Yup. Annoying but pre-orders always show up in their stock locator.

Their inventory system doesn't take into account preorders. As people pick up their preorders, the inventory will change. Assume those are all for preorders unless you enjoy calling stores and hearing bad news.

While this sounds like a good deal, the only figure I don't have of the three will be impossible to get by then, as if it isn't impossible to get now.

wife just texted me. she got the alert that items are ready for pick up at wal-mart. I never thought I would say this, but wal-mart did something right. just about an hour after the order was placed. hooray

Ike, sonic, megaman, dedede, all in from GS just now.

What's a full set of all 29 US in mint condition sell for anyway?

So I went down on Friday to the Best Buy that had my Amiibo 3b preorders ready and I was shocked to find out they had them ready to go. Are you guys sure that in-store pickup sucks? This is the umpteenth time I've preordered for in-store pickup without an issue.
it depends on the store and the employees working at that time. There are probably a dozen employees that have to be well trained in order for them not to sell your preorder, just one employee who has no idea what they're doing and your preorder is gone.

I just called GS and was informed that they have 15 pre-orders for Ike and are only getting 5-7 in. I will only get one of the three I pre-ordered if I get there for one of them. They could all be gone when I get there. After I pick up my pre-orders this week, I will not be pre-ordering anything else from GS again.

I should have bought Ikes from Target when I had the chance. It looks like my friends that these were for can get their own Ikes now.
we have been talking about this for awhile. Atleast you got 1 Ike instead of other stores that would have just cancelled your full order. And that's your fault for not buying from target if you even had the chance (it was up for 15 min or less), with amiibos you can't trust preorders. Blame nintendo not gamestop.

I agree... I would love to see a flood of wave 2 and 3 just popup everywhere. Definitely wishful thinking on my part.
if nintendo was to flood the market you would see it on the CPSIA page 1-2 months in advance with updated manufacturing dates.

what is your source?

Well that's all I'm saying. That the port strike likely did effect them since this has been an ongoing issue since June of last year. Nintendo doesn't see any of those reseller dollars and there are plenty of commons (excess inventory) on the shelves. I'm guessing they shipped out what they thought would be the most popular characters and limited the other characters because of their popularity.
if the port strike was so bad why has there been no problem getting mario, peach, pikachu etc in stock? Sure maybe the strike hurt a little but you're not all of a sudden going to start seeing rares as common now. We're already at wave 3, nintendo knows which characters will be popular and how much of a demand the rare characters have. Nintendo made them rare on purpose.

Has anyone received their DDD from Target?? I have got tracking numbers but I just get an error when checking them
You will never get an updated tracking, when I ordered Ike, Megaman and Sonic from target it took a full week until they arrived. Tracking did not show up, but rest assured your package is on it's way.

Went into Gamestop to deal with a busted PS4 (thankfully warrantied) and was surprised to hear they had the rest of my preorders there. Ike, Dedede (an extra backup), Mega Man, and Sonic. I now have all of them except Marth.

if nintendo was to flood the market you would see it on the CPSIA page 1-2 months in advance with updated manufacturing dates.

what is your source?

if the port strike was so bad why has there been no problem getting mario, peach, pikachu etc in stock? Sure maybe the strike hurt a little but you're not all of a sudden going to start seeing rares as common now. We're already at wave 3, nintendo knows which characters will be popular and how much of a demand the rare characters have. Nintendo made them rare on purpose.
While I agree on Nintendo creating scarcity, the wishful thinker in me is hoping for a shipping container full of rare hitting the west coast :)

what is your source?

I said it it my last comment, because those are popular characters. Given the strike they probably prioritized producing and shipping characters they knew would sell. They didn't make them rare on purpose to spite the fans. They produced less because they are less popular characters. In my comment I also said we aren't going to see a sudden inflow of rare characters because the strike is over. However we will probably see less erratic shipments after things recover in 2-4 months.

You will never get an updated tracking, when I ordered Ike, Megaman and Sonic from target it took a full week until they arrived. Tracking did not show up, but rest assured your package is on it's way.
I at first did not receive tracking with the number they gave me but eventually it updated.

I said it it my last comment, because those are popular characters. Given the strike they probably prioritized producing and shipping characters they knew would sell. They didn't make them rare on purpose to spite the fans. They produced less because they are less popular characters. In my comment I also said we aren't going to see a sudden inflow of rare characters because the strike is over. However we will probably see less erratic shipments after things recover in 2-4 months.
Well that's the thing though, arguably this wave is the cleanest wave so far. It's not like wave 2 where pit's just came in at random times during the week and weren't expected etc, this time around it seems like every retailer got their allotted shipment, sold it and then moved on. I'd imagine if the strike really screwed with this wave we'd see sporadic restocks in stores and online for wave 3b right? Or are they being strategic this time and just pushing it all off to the may re-release?

Well that's the thing though, arguably this wave is the cleanest wave so far. It's not like wave 2 where pit's just came in at random times during the week and weren't expected etc, this time around it seems like every retailer got their allotted shipment, sold it and then moved on. I'd imagine if the strike really screwed with this wave we'd see sporadic restocks in stores and online for wave 3b right? Or are they being strategic this time and just pushing it all off to the may re-release?
Well the last wave happened around the holidays. Plus the port dispute started the middle of last year so companies (including mine) have been scrambling trying to make adjustments since then. With the strike tentatively settled May is in line with the 2-4 months it'll take for the ports to recover from the congestion.

I still don't have mine that I ordered on the 13th. Maybe its at my house when I get off work. Hopefully that is the case as the tracking number still has nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back