Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have an extra for sure but that's because I joined the hunt late so I had to step up my game if I ever wanted to see some of these rares. Hunter becomes the hunted! Fight!

I think I just crapped my pants.  I just got a cancellation e-mail from walmart.com

turns out it was the mario party 10 bundle I cancelled even though the site told me they were unable to cancel the item. 

Dodgin' bullets and shit.

You're absolutely right! It's so gross, but it's what's going on with our interests atm. Incredible how easy people can get so wrapped and worked up about something like this. Nice to get a serious reality check dude ^^
Yeah, was thinking about that earlier when reading people swearing, ranting, raging, etc. etc. over a $13 toy they weren't able to get and how excited I was to get one -- then thought about the kids who are starving to death somewhere in the world who would absolutely freak out over getting 1/2 a slice of bread (even a heel!). Its good to have a wake-up call and put things into perspective every once in awhile. Life > Amiibo. (But I'm sure someone will say Life WITH Amiibo > Life > Amiibo, so in before that haha).

I think I just crapped my pants. I just got a cancellation e-mail from walmart.com

turns out it was the mario party 10 bundle I cancelled even though the site told me they were unable to cancel the item.

Dodgin' bullets and shit.
You made me hyperventilate just from reading that first part. Damn you lol!!!

God, after seeing those ebay listings I think I'm done with Amiibos. I really like them, but the sheer amount of hours having to be spent checking web sites is sickening. Not to mention the fact that if I want any of the ones I'm missing I get to give somebody anywhere from 45-100 dollars for a $13 toy since Nintendo did no research on how these were going to sell.

Your copy/paste speed was impressive.

The question now is...did you mean it?? :p
I actually even edited it, and did some other things lol so I wasnt the quicks.

No I don't mean it. I of all people understand that life, and work matter. I am looking at my phone all the time so I'm chancing a write up on the job for these damn things lmao. Plus I usually can't sleep until 2am so I'm up late when things go live. Being single, no kids, saving up for a house has it advantages.

God, after seeing those ebay listings I think I'm done with Amiibos. I really like them, but the sheer amount of hours having to be spent checking web sites is sickening. Not to mention the fact that if I want any of the ones I'm missing I get to give somebody anywhere from 45-100 dollars for a $13 toy since Nintendo did no research on how these were going to sell.
Eh, this happens to anything with high demand. The iPhone, Skylanders, the original Wii, and now Amiibo. Everyone is chasing to get them so you're competing with tons of other users. Then there's also resellers who preorder 1234154 of them to put up on eBay.

A small fix could be for retailers to limit 1 per order and limit 1 per address. With people ordering 10+ from one account, it's not a surprise to see them sell out so fast.

lol dont worry Nintendo is completely aware of the amiibo situation , by purposely under producing they create hysteria across the gaming community they live off of this publicity

Honestly you think that what after nearly 4 months of the amiibos release that they dont known how well they are selling? Nintendo is the type of company who would rather sell out with low inventory than to chance it with mass overproduction which may or may not sell out.The Majoras Mask fiasco and Gamecube adapter attest to this theory.

Iwata may be hated here but hes seen as a hero to his board of investors

Plus doesn't Walmart have the worst stock and shelves for Amiibo in store than any retailer? How can people think they will have tons of these?
Obviously Walmart has had this planned all along, slowly sell all of wave 1 out for the last 4 months in preparation of the end game: Gold Mario on every peg!!

Yeah, me too. I mean, I told myself that after pre-orders for wave 2, and 3, and the store exclusives, and the SM series... but this time, really mean it. Really.

lol dont worry Nintendo is completely aware of the amiibo situation , by purposely under producing they create hysteria across the gaming community they live off of this publicity

Honestly you think that what after nearly 4 months of the amiibos release that they dont known how well they are selling? Nintendo is the type of company who would rather sell out with low inventory than to chance it with mass overproduction which may or may not sell out.The Majoras Mask fiasco and Gamecube adapter attest to this theory.

Iwata may be hated here but hes seen as a hero to his board of investors
The Majora's Mask and Gamecube adapter shortages were a result of under demand and shipment delays. Iwata stated all large physical goods had their supply chains cut in the past few months.

Add me to the "salt train" of guys who are bitching because they were at work while this Gold Mario went live for all of 20 minutes.

Still waiting for the dude that's going to come in here and say "you had a chance, but you didn't want it enough, if you really cared you would have gotten one".
Life is Amiibo, Amiibo is Life! You had your chance! JK :)

Eh, this happens to anything with high demand. The iPhone, Skylanders, the original Wii, and now Amiibo. Everyone is chasing to get them so you're competing with tons of other users. Then there's also resellers who preorder 1234154 of them to put up on eBay.

A small fix could be for retailers to limit 1 per order and limit 1 per address. With people ordering 10+ from one account, it's not a surprise to see them sell out so fast.
True to an extent, but as somebody who managed a Gamestop during Skylanders and Wii it's never been this bad. Skylanders were popular and sold out and then were available. The closest rarity were Wii Systems at launch, but the big difference was you knew Nintendo was going to print more of them and not just move on to a new version in 3 weeks like Amiibos.

I agree that retailers need to limit these, not sure it would fix all the problems but it'd be a nice start

Went to GS today to pickup my preorders from mid-December. They told me they didn't get enough Ike or DDD to fulfill my preorder(1 of each) and wouldn't be getting anymore DDD until May. They gave me Mega Man & Sonic. They had MANY Mega Man available to non-preorders.

Which is why last week I was saying it honestly isn't a bad idea for a working man to thinking about buying a complete wave 1-3 set off Ebay or wherever. It's really not a ton of money all things considered. The only people scoring these amiibos are no-life'ing it on their computers. Whereas if you have a good job, your money is better spent just purchasing the set because you don't have the time to camp out all day, every day.

so what is the best alert system/program to subscribe to?

I was busy making our hospital emr interact with our new fetal heart monitor software. so even if I saw I would not have had a chance to pre-order.

so does wal-mart take in store pre-orders?

Side note, just went to a RadioShack doing the $10 bag deal. I could have fit all the products they had in the store into that bag and it would have been $10 total. But all they had was junk I didn't need or could sell. Oh well.

True to an extent, but as somebody who managed a Gamestop during Skylanders and Wii it's never been this bad. Skylanders were popular and sold out and then were available. The closest rarity were Wii Systems at launch, but the big difference was you knew Nintendo was going to print more of them and not just move on to a new version in 3 weeks like Amiibos.

I agree that retailers need to limit these, not sure it would fix all the problems but it'd be a nice start
Yeah, this is not at all like the iPhone or Wii. If you were patient you knew eventually supply would become more plentiful than demand. They were products designed to be sold for a long period of time.

With Amiibos (and assumedly Skylanders) once something is sold out, there's a good chance that it's sold out for good.

so what is the best alert system/program to subscribe to?

I was busy making our hospital emr interact with our new fetal heart monitor software. so even if I saw I would not have had a chance to pre-order.

so does wal-mart take in store pre-orders?
I honestly have no idea, but I just wanted to say what an admirable job you have. You deserve every amiibo! :)

Yeah, this is not at all like the iPhone or Wii. If you were patient you knew eventually supply would become more plentiful than demand. They were products designed to be sold for a long period of time.

With Amiibos (and assumedly Skylanders) once something is sold out, there's a good chance that it's sold out for good.
Wasn't Nintendo talking about producing a truly limited production line amiibo? Was it confirmed this is the one or is it something in the future

I'm gonna be there nice and early. I was supposed to work at 7am but my manager is making me close so this is a perfect oppurtunity.

Now the question is, is it one of each per customer of one of one for each customer? Cause if so its gonna be hard to pick between the king and Sonic

I'm gonna be there nice and early. I was supposed to work at 7am but my manager is making me close so this is a perfect oppurtunity.

Now the question is, is it one of each per customer of one of one for each customer? Cause if so its gonna be hard to pick between the king and Sonic
Its one of each. Basically you can buy the full set and only one full set

wow can't believe I missed the gold Mario amiibo. These things are so stupid, they pick the most random time to put them up and had no prior notification that they would be put up for pre-order today.

wow can't believe I missed the gold Mario amiibo. These things are so stupid, they pick the most random time to put them up and had no prior notification that they would be put up for pre-order today.
To be fair NOA actually tweeted this one out rather than the usual policy of not informing anyone of anything ever and then posting about how cool the amiibos look afterwards

Missed out on gold Mario cuz I was getting ready for work...guess I'll be refreshing the page all day

Edit: what makes it worse was that I was just on cag 30 minutes before it went up

Which is why last week I was saying it honestly isn't a bad idea for a working man to thinking about buying a complete wave 1-3 set off Ebay or wherever. It's really not a ton of money all things considered. The only people scoring these amiibos are no-life'ing it on their computers. Whereas if you have a good job, your money is better spent just purchasing the set because you don't have the time to camp out all day, every day.
You're an idiot. Saying that the only people scoring these have no life? You have no idea what people have going on. Don't be an ass.

I actually even edited it, and did some other things lol so I wasnt the quicks.

No I don't mean it. I of all people understand that life, and work matter. I am looking at my phone all the time so I'm chancing a write up on the job for these damn things lmao. Plus I usually can't sleep until 2am so I'm up late when things go live. Being single, no kids, saving up for a house has it advantages.
I'm pretty cynical on these things at this point myself. I pre-ordered all of wave 2 and 3 back before this craze hit a fever pitch when the average person actually had time to think and consider the purchase, but after seeing what happened today with Gold Mario and seeing how fast the foreign Robin and Lucina are disappearing, I've somewhat resigned myself to the assumption there's a good chance I'll miss at least something from wave 4. Like you, I'm on here when I shouldn't be and far more than I want to be just for a chance at these things. I guess it's "fun" to some degree, but it's become far more stressful than I would have liked...so when people start coming in bragging about how everyone had the same "chance" it seems annoying...lol.

Meh, I'll refresh the page every so often, but I'm not going to obsess over Gold Mario. I'm much more obsessive over Wave 4, especially Lucina and Ness.

Meh, I'll refresh the page every so often, but I'm not going to obsess over Gold Mario. I'm much more obsessive over Wave 4, especially Lucina and Ness.
I am with you right here. I am not even messing with the Mario Line. I am going to keep the the Super Smash Brothers Line and once it is complete I am going to pull out of the Amiibo business once and for all. To much time and stress.

Anyone doing the same ?

Wish we had different threads for different lines so I could keep up easier.

Released 10 minutes after my break at work.
I got the alert about 15 min too late.
Tried to add to cart, got bitchslapped w OOS.
I fucking hate collecting amiibo.
I fucking love it so much I hate it.
Well, hopefully it resurfaces and I can get one, otherwise it's time to break out my trade pile.

You're an idiot. Saying that the only people scoring these have no life? You have no idea what people have going on. Don't be an ass.
I was actually referring to myself. And a lot of the frequent posters on here. Way to get butt hurt over a commonly used phrase.

Time to stop talking MadonnasmanOne, you're getting emotional and making a scene.

I was actually referring to myself. And a lot of the frequent posters on here. Way to get butt hurt over a commonly used phrase.

Time to stop talking MadonnasmanOne, you're getting emotional and making a scene.
You're making a scene. I'm not butt hurt about anything, just stating a fact. Ignore list activated.

Don't pre-order from Newegg. Maybe that was obvious to most of you already. I did with Dedede, and after a discussion with Customer Service I've basically been told "We don't have any and Nintendo isn't making more."

Now my Lucario import seems to be 'lost in the mail' too.

If I can't get these I probably won't buy any more. There are several I wanted, but the way this is going down is bullcrap, and I'm sick of it.

You realize that you having a run of the mill job and paying extra for amiibo's is little difference than me being my own boss and buying amiibos to sell and make the same if not more than you do. (don't jump on me for that, I don't normally sell amiibo's)

Why do you assume majority of resellers camp out. Like most (everyone, not just resellers), people just pre-order it. Even at that, I rather camp out for 2 hours and make $100 than work all day to make the same. But than again, I don't have enough pride to care if I'm camping out to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back