Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't a brag.. it was reply to giving me the violin..

This would be a brag.. because it has nothing to do with the thread.. no Amiibo in sight.. doesn't add value to the thread.
Well, all the power to you, but it looks like a compulsive hoarding of new/expensive merch. Are they being sold for a profit or traded for stuff?

Everyone who keeps saying you can't get one, it's still up and you CAN add to cart as of 9:14pm EST. Clear your cache!!!

To everyone else who got one, are you suspicious of the free shipping on a $12.96 item?

I don't want to start the cycle of crushed bubble mailers complaints again, but i just hope Walmart employes don't use my amiibo as a soccer ball from now till march 20th... :pray:

Everyone who keeps saying you can't get one, it's still up and you CAN add to cart as of 9:14pm EST. Clear your cache!!!

To everyone else who got one, are you suspicious of the free shipping on a $12.96 item?

I don't want to start the cycle of crushed bubble mailers complaints again, but i just hope Walmart employes don't use my amiibo as a soccer ball from now till march 20th... :pray:
I did try that and it still says not available. After clearing my cache I can see the item in my cart but now the item is missing if you do a search on the website.

Well, letting others new pre-orders are open and letting people know they got something on clearance so then they too can see if they can find one, isnt exactly bragging.
That's not what I said. Confirming you got a pre-order (not letting people know it's open) and showing someone you got something on clearance (again, not letting them know how to get it) is bragging. May be small but it still is.

I'm honestly beginning to think that there are less gamers in this forum and more scalpers.
First and foremost, I'm a gamer and huge Nintendo fan for over 27 years. I have my own amiibo collection, but I have no problem buying a few extras to sell if I yield enough to buy an entire wave (and then some) for myself.

I also have a job that pays me rather well, and am a married father of two. Trust me, I have a life and do other things.

So reddit promoted Pit and Rosalina to Unicorn status? I understand Pit but MK and Lucario was MUCH harder for me to get than Rosalina.

I'm honestly beginning to think that there are less gamers in this forum and more scalpers.
Not a scalper but I resell, but why can't someone be both? Heck, I'm playing Murdered Soul Suspect (thanks HumbleBundle) right now using my Xbox One controller that I bought on CowBoom for $180 (thanks to CAG and SD), using money I got from reselling Call of Duty: Ghost (Target $2 double stacking)... in my dorm that I pay for with reselling. It's all about perspective.

First and foremost, I'm a gamer and huge Nintendo fan for over 27 years. I have my own amiibo collection, but I have no problem buying a few extras to sell if I yield enough to buy an entire wave (and then some) for myself.
I also have a job that pays me rather well, and am a married father of two. Trust me, I have a life and do other things.

I still think he's lying....give these bitches fire

Not a scalper but I resell, but why can't someone be both? Heck, I'm playing Murdered Soul Suspect (thanks HumbleBundle) right now using my Xbox One controller that I bought on CowBoom for $180 (thanks to CAG and SD), using money I got from reselling Call of Duty: Ghost (Target $2 double stacking)... in my dorm that I pay for with reselling. It's all about perspective.
Reselling is fine...I do it. It's easy money.

I must be reading that wrong, an Xbox One controller for $180? Also never heard of CowBoom, interesting.

So reddit promoted Pit and Rosalina to Unicorn status? I understand Pit but MK and Lucario was MUCH harder for me to get than Rosalina.
Its probably due to the Target memo posted awhile back stating Rosalina wouldn't be replenished. There have been reports of another MK shipment next month. TRU stores have also gotten small shipments of Lucarios on a weekly basis.

Reselling is fine...I do it. It's easy money.
I love it honestly. Despite what people here may think, we all don't buy out stock and steal candy from babies. I mostly get deals from clearances (so old stuff no one in my area wanted) or by stacking deals. I than sell lower than stores.

I (and other resellers) think of it as you paying us for the service of doing research, waiting in line, driving all over town, etc. Than you still get a great deal by buying say AC: Unity for $35 on eBay as appose to $50 from Target.

I wouldn't say it's easy though but I resell for a living. It's second nature at this point but its a lot of work. Balancing school, research, driving, packaging, taxes, business deals, etc., it adds up. But I love it.

Its probably due to the Target memo posted awhile back stating Rosalina wouldn't be replenished
who the hell knows, just take it with a grain of salt because the list is determined by people who take amiibos and their collections way to seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if Rosalina made it up on the list because enough people felt they needed to justify waiting in line for hours for a toy that ended up being the most plentiful of the store exclusives.

I am away from home. Mobile site shows the preorder button green, but, never puts one in the cart. :/ (Deleted cache and such.)

I could really care less is anyone believes me or not. I usually don't get caught up in these arguments, but this thread has gotten ridiculous. I've seen the same stuff on here for years, but never this out of hand.
Happens all the time, everyone's looking for a person to blame because they couldn't get one or don't have as many as yours. It'll pas and we'll be back to our shit arguments about boxes and how trading is so much better than selling.

I dont think I couldnt ever honestly make a living off reselling. How well you do depends to much on what other stores will clearance out etc, You can do as much leg work as you want but there will always be times where they are just no deals to be found to make money off of.

Keep in mind my comment is referring to folks that are posting pictures of stacks of Amiibos...like literally 10s of each figure.

I dont think I couldnt ever honestly make a living off reselling. How well you do depends to much on what other stores will clearance out etc, You can do as much leg work as you want but there will always be times where they are just no deals to be found to make money off of.
I definitely couldn't make a living off it. Even if I could find the product, I don't feel right about charging people that much more than something originally cost.

So reddit promoted Pit and Rosalina to Unicorn status? I understand Pit but MK and Lucario was MUCH harder for me to get than Rosalina.
Yeah same here. I mean, going into it, I thought Rosa was gonna be a nightmare because of how hard it was to pre-order her. But given her Sunday release and how Target limited it to one per person, I was able to go in just after they opened, buy one and leave, within 15 minutes. Of the store exclusives, I only had trouble with MK and that was probably due to incompetent BBY employees.

And can we please stop posting Reddit shit here? I get that they've been helpful with some things (ie, the Shulk 2nd wave pre-orders), but it seems like they're becoming a huge "speculation" factor. We got enough speculation going on here as it is.

This is too true. Earlier this month I sold all my stock and there were no clearances or deals to get more products to sell. Luckily I made $2k the month before so it wasn't a big deal. I'm a middle tier reseller though. Other resellers that do this full time don't have this problem as they have their hands in a lot of products and sources (computers, clothes, watches | flea markets, good wills, craiglist). I only deal with games and electronics so there are few times in the year where I'm not making money. But so is the life of a reseller.

You're basically describing a generic pay by commission job your realize right?

So uh...I came home to two boxes today. I was only expecting one.

As it turns out, Target accidentally sent me two Dedede Amiibos.

88qcrFwl.jpg

Seriously. I only bought one, and my card is only charged for one...the packing slips appear identical. Weird, I wonder how that happened.

gM6vrug.png

88qcrFwl.jpg

Seriously. I only bought one, and my card is only charged for one...the packing slips appear identical. Weird, I wonder how that happened.

gM6vrug.png
Hey if you dont need the 2nd one im sure we can work out a trade :)

I would think that with the whole figure being gold it would also be easier to produce more of them since the time to paint them ext.. would be extremely reduced.

88qcrFwl.jpg

gM6vrug.png
Scalper!!!

Two things: Was Rosalina really plentiful, or did it just seem that way because Target didn't do pre-orders?

Also, South Jersey amiibo crew, what do I need to do to get one of these golden fucking Mario figurines?

Keep in mind my comment is referring to folks that are posting pictures of stacks of Amiibos...like literally 10s of each figure.
Not trying to get on you, hope it doesn't seem that way. I know it does but that bragging has little difference imo. Its like posting a picture of a store messing up and sending you multiple copies of a game by accident.

If I managed to get 10+ of a rare item, I'd probably show off some pics too.

14edeb0.jpg

So is

• Telling people you managed to get something pre-ordered
  • Confirming you had a trade in accepted
  • Showing us a clearance item you got
Oh wait, none of that is sad. Bragging isn't bad especially when we are all happy when we get a great deal. Some people just get better deals / quantity. Can't hate on one form of bragging and than say its ok for another.
at

Bragging always got people robbed or neglected where I'm from. Stop trying to make it sound cool....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back