Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at one closely... they look very plastic... like... cheap plastic. The imagery online made them look a little more metallic even though we all know they are plastic. But... yea... it's cheap... like all amiibos.

For lack of anything better to do I went at 11:15 to one Walmart in Omaha. They had 8 marios for 8 people waiting. All teenagers, likely all scalpers. I called another store close by and they didn't even have any. Its just not even worth the effort anymore.
lol, isn't a guy in his 20's or 30's more likely to be a scalper than a teenager? This is a children's toy for ages 6+.

I looked at one closely... they look very plastic... like... cheap plastic. The imagery online made them look a little more metallic even though we all know they are plastic. But... yea... it's cheap... like all amiibos.
Im not sure what you were expecting. Do you even collect these?

For lack of anything better to do I went at 11:15 to one Walmart in Omaha. They had 8 marios for 8 people waiting. All teenagers, likely all scalpers. I called another store close by and they didn't even have any. Its just not even worth the effort anymore.
Teenagers

Yep, they must all be scalpers because they are young.

Im not sure what you were expecting. Do you even collect these?
I just said what I was expecting. I was expecting metallic.

Otherwise, this is a cheap option for Nintendo to spray paint an amiibo. And the only reason there is hype is because it's limited to Walmart. Otherwise, it's a bad toy. Cheapy painted... Why get ANOTHER amiibo that is cheaply painted? What happened to liking things for their quality? Because this demand is being built around hype, not around a quality product.

I can't believe people are at Nintendo world store since 11pm. That's insane. I live here and there is no chance I would do that. Totally not worth the time or effort. Ridiculous.
you should've seen the wii u launch there. good amount of people were camping out like a week prior.

Sugar Land, TX Walmart:

Set all 8 out earlier today. Someone hid all 8. They found 4, and they were given out. All registers are restricted from selling the other 4 so when that person shows up to claim their hidden gold... rejected.
Walmart near where I work only had 1 left which they accidentally put out the stock early. Either someone hid them except one or they scanned a regular Mario at self checkout like many have done already.

Well fuck. Was planning to go to walmart in Glendora, Ca around 10pm thinking I'd be at least one of the first 8 people or so. Nope. Called at 9pm and everything is already claimed. Called every other 24hr store within reasonable driving distance and same story. Alot of stores said they would be for sale at 6am if they weren't 24hrs, but I have work so I guess I'll just hit up he trade forum and hope someone here is looking for a fair trade and not a brand new copy of Bloodborne. I can't wait until the hype calms down like it did with Skylanders so I can pick up a goddamn toy without devoting an absurd amount of hours to waiting in line or paying the ebay mark-up
Wow thanks for the heads up, I was planning to head there in the next hour. Guess it really is impossible to get this now.

Struck out :( I stopped at a Walmart on the way home from BF's and they had gotten 4 units, but someone had come into the store and grabbed 3 of them around 8pm and was just staying in the store I guess. The 4th one they mysteriously "couldn't find."

I also tried the Walmart in my home town around 12:30a. They had gotten 3 in, and all 3 sold.

Oh well. Would have been nice to have one, but not the end of the world.

THE GANG'S ALL HERE!!! Thank your Meijer for you $10 off $50 promotion!

Kind of pissed the Mario box is a little damaged, was going to keep it sealed. Shortly after I got mine my Walmart online order for another one shipped so I'll see if that one is in better shape. I'm surprised it didn't get cancelled like the order I made the day before.

RJnIs6K.jpg

nah man Im no scalper

I just got two so

A. I could straight trade for an amiibo I want

B. wouldn't you rather someone like me get them instead of a scalper?

Gold Mario ended up being Fool's Gold Mario.  Really though, he looks like crap and I told you guys all along this was way over-hyped.

What else did you expect from WALMART??? 

question does the gold mario have a different base or is it just painted? if it does the same thing as regular mario thats dumb.

I have Lucario, Mega Knight, Rosalina, King DeDeDe, Captain falcon for trade for a Gold Mario.

Ohh..... Wait.... I didn't want one, whats wrong with you people?!?

Well, went to my local WalMart and was told they handed out tickets because people started to line up at 5PM lol. They only had 7 of them and I was told people were called when they could pick them up. Only constellation prize I got was DragonBall Z: Xenoverse for the PS4 for $29.96 due to a typo on their tag. Good enough for me :)

nah man Im no scalper

I just got two so

A. I could straight trade for an amiibo I want

B. wouldn't you rather someone like me get them instead of a scalper?
What if an Amiibo is traded for cash, and that cash is used to buy another rare Amiibo? Is that scalping or basically the exact same thing you are doing?

I love this debate...

Just want to say thanks to everyone for posting their Walmart stories. They inspired me to give my local Walmart a shot.

Showed up at 11:25 and was #6. They only got 8. By midnight the line was up to 14. Happy to get my GM especially after missing out on the online action.

Unfortunately the damn Easter Bunny is gonna get all the credit...

16 gold, 14 peoples. i'm the 1st in line. buy 1 and go back in line buy 2nd one same go with 2nd person. 2 peoples get 2 and the rest get 1 and new mario party 10 figures :)

So I had an interesting time at Walmart tonight. Got there around 8:45 just to ask how many Gold Marios they had. There was also 2 others that showed up at the same time also asking the same thing. Well the store manager knew they got in 8 of them but can't find any of them. We found out an employee did accidentally put them out yesterday. So the theory was someone had took them from the shelf and hid them somewhere in the store. We all searched around the store for about 20 minutes with no success. The manager took down our names and said she'll call us if they locate them. Meanwhile she notified every cashier to halt any Gold Mario Amiibo sales at the register. Fast forward to 11pm. I returned to the store to check out the situation, they still havn't located any of the 8. But about 10 minutes later, This one customer who was also waiting found 4 Gold Mario Amiibos stashed behind a bunch of legos in the toy department. Those went to the first 4 people on the list, including me. The best part of the story was at midnight, the Manager decided to wait by the toy department where the 4 missing Amiibos were found. 2 guys came in and started digging through the Lego boxes, we immediately knew they were the culprits. The Manager told them they were found and sold. Those two guys were so pissed lol. Unfortunately there are still 4 more missing and those two guys would not admit to hiding the other 4. But a store memo went out stating all Gold Amiibos cannot be checked out without manager approval, they were also still searching the store for the other 4 as I left.

The store I went to had 4, only 3 other people came, one per person. Worked out great, plus had an awesome conversation about Nintendo with them for the 40 minutes we were waiting. 

So I had an interesting time at Walmart tonight. Got there around 8:45 just to ask how many Gold Marios they had. There was also 2 others that showed up at the same time also asking the same thing. Well the store manager knew they got in 8 of them but can't find any of them. We found out an employee did accidentally put them out yesterday. So the theory was someone had took them from the shelf and hid them somewhere in the store. We all searched around the store for about 20 minutes with no success. The manager took down our names and said she'll call us if they locate them. Meanwhile she notified every cashier to halt any Gold Mario Amiibo sales at the register. Fast forward to 11pm. I returned to the store to check out the situation, they still havn't located any of the 8. But about 10 minutes later, This one customer who was also waiting found 4 Gold Mario Amiibos stashed behind a bunch of legos in the toy department. Those went to the first 4 people on the list, including me. The best part of the story was at midnight, the Manager decided to wait by the toy department where the 4 missing Amiibos were found. 2 guys came in and started digging through the Lego boxes, we immediately knew they were the culprits. The Manager told them they were found and sold. Those two guys were so pissed lol. Unfortunately there are still 4 more missing and those two guys would not admit to hiding the other 4. But a store memo went out stating all Gold Amiibos cannot be checked out without manager approval, they were also still searching the store for the other 4 as I left.
This is EPIC

Store i went to had 4. Someone bought 2 before midnight, and i was the only person there. They brought one from the back and gave it to me.

So the 3 white trash behind me and this one guy who were first than them were able to buy 2 amiibo. Wtf we waited 1 and 1/2 hours than them and they showed up 5 minutes til midnight. I hope they get bad karma...

The closest 2 Walmarts had 8 each go mysteriously missing from the back (since I checked 2 days ago when they were in "a specific location".) Weird stuff. I highly suspect employees are wise to this amiibo craze by now.

Thankfully, the last Walmart I would ever have gone to--a rough one--had 4 to give out...and I just so happened to be the fourth person to show up! Good thing I arrived at the third location no later than 10:15 pm too. Because the fifth person (hardcore goth guy, who knew?) rolled up no less than 10 minutes later and was pretty ticked when he was informed that there were only 4 Gold Mario Amiibo in stock. Us four BigN fanboys/girls stopped our chattering and went completely, awkwardly silent for 5 whole seconds when he walked over. Respect to the impressive tank-of-a-man who told him straight up so the poor guy wouldn't be standing there all night for nothing. I know I wouldn't have been able to say it to his face like that. 

After tonight's lovely festivities and seeing the quality of the Gold Mario Amiibo, I'm totally okay with just one. There's no need for double, since there's no need to open this one. Regular Mario will work just fine as an open box. At least, I think so. There's no additional features included on the gold ones, right? becausethatwouldberacistlolsonotserious

Will any of y'all try again at 6am for those that are "missing?" Or do you (like me) believe the correct term here is "stolen" and give up?

Walmart story time

My Walmart is usually late getting any Amiibo but tonight I knew would be different. I worked all 3 jobs today (8am-11:20 pm) then decided I would check the line. 4 people in line. 2 Walmart employees and their boyfriends.... I was a bit thrown off since they were dressed for work with their name tags on, but I decided to wait and see. I had my earphones in but turned off because the employees were chatting it up with the electronics employee about how these things resell for so much. They were saying, "$80 apiece we will get from these... Remember how we got those last boxes??? We made close to a grand on those." I nearly lost my shit right then. I just knew this guy was gonna sell them each a case (16 total) and I would get nothing. I wanted 2 (one to open and one to keep on card) and just knew I would be shut out... And by employees!!!!! Midnight comes and the first employee says "I'll take a case". She gets her case. Next employee says "a case". Gets it. Boyfriend 1 says, "same". Gets it. Last boyfriend says "same..... Well ok I'll take 3". Gets it. Electronics employee says, "well I hope you just want one cause that's what they left you." I bought my one calmly saying, "well I guess you didn't leave me much option did you?" I take my receipt and ask for the manager. Manager comes and I tell the story. Electronics employee acts as if he had zero clue they worked at Walmart. I ask him how many more stores in town have the exact same name tag as Walmart.... Inform the manager on duty their intention to resell for an absurd amount. She apologized and I said, "it's ok I will see Matt (Store Manager) tomorrow and explain to him that he has employees that are making a gross profit on his product and leaving nothing or next to nothing in this case for the actual consumer." She apologized again, scolded the electronics employee and Ieft.

Will any of y'all try again at 6am for those that are "missing?" Or do you (like me) believe the correct term here is "stolen" and give up?
Lol, I left my name and number. I'm sure they will call me at 7am like they promised they would. I don't think they are going to find them.

I did manage to place an order on walmart.com, but it's still "processing." Is this normal? Shouldn't it have shipped by now if it was actually going to ship? This same shit happened with a Mega Man amiibo and it got cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back