Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys freaking out about Meta Knight should have gone to best buy yesterday to at least attempt to buy him. You could have probably got him. Glad I won't have to go to the bloodbath and disappointment party that will be 2/20. Snug at home with my Meta Knights

You guys freaking out about Meta Knight should have gone to best buy yesterday to at least attempt to buy him. You could have probably got him. Glad I won't have to go to the bloodbath and disappointment party that will be 2/20. Snug at home with my Meta Knights
How? I had the manager ring up the item and it wouldn't let him get past the initial screen.

I wasn't going to hide a toy around the store. Sorry.

Been sick with the flu all week, so I haven't kept up much with this week's news. A friend texted me telling me Gamestops were getting their Shulks in. Had my fiance call our Gamestop and was told that they came in yesterday (why no call or text?!). He then told the guy I have the flu, and -probably- don't want me in their store, so he asked if he could pick him up for me. Guy on the phone had no problem with that. XD I loves my fiance. Runs my Amiibo errands even when he thinks the things are ridiculous.
Love is many splendid thing.

I picked up my Shulk, Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser preorders last night. I had 2 of each preordered. When I got there the manager told me they were limiting them to 1 per person. How is that possible? I placed a preorder for 2 each on their website and there was no such limit.

He refused to give me an extra of each. Luckily, my preorders from Best Buy got me the extras I wanted, and my online order for Shulk also came through becasue I was afraid of something like this happening.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with their Gamestop preorders?

I picked up my Shulk, Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser preorders last night. I had 2 of each preordered. When I got there the manager told me they were limiting them to 1 per person. How is that possible? I placed a preorder for 2 each on their website and there was no such limit.

He refused to give me an extra of each. Luckily, my preorders from Best Buy got me the extras I wanted, and my online order for Shulk also came through becasue I was afraid of something like this happening.

Weird, call corporate and make sure you give them his name.

I love the box art and presentation, but I also want to be able to use my Amiibo. For my favorite characters, and those I know I will want to make use of, I have been buying two.

I'm debating whether I want to take this to corporate or not. As much as this irritated me, the manager there is normally really helpful and nice. He allowed me to trade in my original 3DS for 75 dollars towards the New 3DS, and is also going to let me bring in my 3DS XL for $100 after I perform my data transfer, even though he should only be allowing me to trade in one for the increased trade in credit.

I picked up my Shulk, Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser preorders last night. I had 2 of each preordered. When I got there the manager told me they were limiting them to 1 per person. How is that possible? I placed a preorder for 2 each on their website and there was no such limit.

My gamestop had said they were doing the same. My guess is they didnt even get enough to cover all preorders, so telling people who preordered more than one to shove it is the best way for everyone to get one.

OMG just got my package from the USPS guy about 30 mintues ago...omg im very disappointed it came squished the box but the figure is fine( thank God) i will still complain to game this aint right. I preordered all wave 4 from them and hope they dont come like this or else im going to rage raaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edit: also i did end up going to best buy and asking about MK. i was told he is in the warehouse (yawn i do not care) all i wanted them to do is put MY preorder in the cage but nope they havent separated preorders. I told them when i come bacn on the 20th if my MK isnt there im not going to be happy. I think i intimidated he but WTF am i suppose to do. These scalpers are pushing me to a new level..and if i see them on launch with 20 MKs ill be giving them my words on what i think of them. End of story i got no MK customer service rep looked like a deer in the headlights and was terrified (people stereotype but I use that against them) I stormed off looked at some stuff found a deal on a wii u pro controller and a ps TV i PMed to 59.99 and it came with a ps3 controller and lego movie game (which i already have). I am not looking forward to 2/20/2015 but hope it is a good day. on another note gamestop cancelled my monster hunter CE preorder = ,,,(((( those bastards...okay im done

1c96f3844.png

nope they gave me both my shulks but i had my son with me they didnt ask questions

nope they gave me both my shulks but i had my son with me they didnt ask questions

You're literally bragging that you got a manager to sell you preorders that other people had the good sense to reserve. Congratulations.

A celebration of incoherence featuring a dude urinating on grammar itself.
What

I'm seeing these posts about people finding Meta Knight on shelves and trying to buy it, come on! You know they aren't going to sell it. You are going about it all wrong. If you had any kind of patience and foresight you could have and should have:

Taken a Meta Knight from the hook, then hidden it somewhere else in the store where there isn't much foot traffic, say, behind a Nickleback CD. Then, next Friday you stroll in and while a Melee or brawl ensues for the rare Amiibo (pun completely intended) you stroll over to your stash and walk out with your Meta Knight.

But you didn't do that because you wanted to be the first to post a picture of your Meta Knight on Reddit.

Amatures man!
hide it behind disney infinity

So how do I go about trying to find out what my Toys R Us will have tomorrow when I call them? Do I ask what are they expecting to get tomorrow or what?

OMG just got my package from the USPS guy about 30 mintues ago...omg im very disappointed it came squished the box but the figure is fine( thank God) i will still complain to game this aint right. I preordered all wave 4 from them and hope they dont come like this or else im going to rage raaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edit: also i did end up going to best buy and asking about MK. i was told he is in the warehouse (yawn i do not care) all i wanted them to do is put MY preorder in the cage but nope they havent separated preorders. I told them when i come bacn on the 20th if my MK isnt there im not going to be happy. I think i intimidated he but WTF am i suppose to do. These scalpers are pushing me to a new level..and if i see them on launch with 20 MKs ill be giving them my words on what i think of them. End of story i got no MK customer service rep looked like a deer in the headlights and was terrified (people stereotype but I use that against them) I stormed off looked at some stuff found a deal on a wii u pro controller and a ps TV i PMed to 59.99 and it came with a ps3 controller and lego movie game (which i already have). I am not looking forward to 2/20/2015 but hope it is a good day. on another note gamestop cancelled my monster hunter CE preorder = ,,,(((( those bastards...okay im done

1c96f3844.png
i paid someone on Amazon $30 for Meta Knight and I got it over a week ago. No need to threaten anyone, go in a store, or any other shenanigans.

Worth the extra 15 bucks if you ask me.

I preordered a bowser, sheik, toon link and sonic from amazon. They were all different order numbers and sent to me in different packages. Before bowser was sent I asked for it to be cancelled because I already got it somewhere else, they told me on chat it was cancelled no problem and would process on my account in 24 hours. 24 hours later bowser was shipped to me. I asked on chat again why I was lied to and they said they were sorry and would call up the carrier to refuse the package. The package was refused and I was happy. Today I was wondering why my sheik was so delayed and I looked at my order and sure enough amazon refused all of my orders (sheik, toon link, sonic), even though they were different order numbers and different packages. I hate amazon right now. Trying to get them back but they are telling me nothing they can do and they can't reorder them.

amazon says they're all about customer service but other stores atleast have people from america answering the phones and chat.

If amazon ever offers to call the carrier and refuse a package don't do it if you have other orders with them that you want.

I picked up 2 shulk no problem. I would make sure to call and complain and give them a bad rating. It's not your problem if they didn't get enough in, the website allowed you to get 2.

gamestop thought i preordered 2 shulks instead of 1. just looked at my order and i only preordered 1.. this happen to anyone else? not sure if they tricked me into buying 2 or i got lucky lol

Yeah this place is just teaming with classy people. Classy hypocritical people.
Are you implying I bought somebody else's preorder? Um, no. I have bought one of each amiibo. Every single one, with the exception of Rosalina, Toon Link, and Bowser was a preorder. In fact, even Toon Link and Bowser were Amazon preorders, but I cancelled those when I found them at Target so I could use a Target gift card and because Amazon didn't think I'd get them until March.

So I'm not sure what you're getting at...

I did, with my preorder receipt, and they said no.

The problem is there are now people who preordered at your BBY who are going to be rudely surprised a week from now. This is not your fault but if there is a chance this can be corrected, you have to help. If you were on the other side of this, you'd want to know asap.

Which store was it?

The Meijer in Whitestown, IN had several Donkey Kong & Diddy Kongs clearanced at $1 off.  I'm not into any of this stuff, but maybe someone can use such info.  Maybe other Meijer stores have some figures on clearance as well?

gamestop thought i preordered 2 shulks instead of 1. just looked at my order and i only preordered 1.. this happen to anyone else? not sure if they tricked me into buying 2 or i got lucky lol
Lol, I don't think gamestop needs to trick anyone into buying shulks. Most people would gladly kill another human being for 1 at this point.

Are you implying I bought somebody else's preorder? Um, no. I have bought one of each amiibo. Every single one, with the exception of Rosalina, Toon Link, and Bowser was a preorder. In fact, even Toon Link and Bowser were Amazon preorders, but I cancelled those when I found them at Target so I could use a Target gift card and because Amazon didn't think I'd get them until March.

So I'm not sure what you're getting at...
Nah, it wasn't directed at you. Didn't intend for it to come off that way though I can see how it did. Was more or less agreeing with you and commenting on the state of the the thread.

not sure if people are still having trouble finding some amiibos, but I was just able to order Toon Link from walmart.com with free site to store shipping.. 

I know I have seen nothing but empty shelves when it comes to toon link so this was a good way to grab him.

Lol, I don't think gamestop needs to trick anyone into buying shulks. Most people would gladly kill another human being for 1 at this point.
Umm... wow. I think your estimation of "most people" might be a little off here. Either that or mine is. While the presence of friendly, self-sacrificing, selfless people on this thread might not be boldly apparent, I can't fathom that "most" of the people on here (or out there) would kill for an amiibo.

If you were just exaggerating, than please forgive my misunderstanding of your hyperbole. :)

Umm... wow. I think your estimation of "most people" might be a little off here. Either that or mine is. While the presence of friendly, self-sacrificing, selfless people on this thread might not be boldly apparent, I can't fathom that "most" of the people on here (or out there) would kill for an amiibo.

If you were just exaggerating, than please forgive my misunderstanding of your hyperbole. :)
I don't honestly believe "most" people would kill someone for an amiibo. Maybe a handful (at most) but it was intended as a joke.

THIS JUST IN: To get the gold and silver Mario, you must kill another amiibo collector and feed their soul to Reggie.

Just checked a local BBY, no Metaknights, but they had a peg for Villager; I thought that was interesting. Every store I've been to thats sold out of a particular Amiibo generally has the peg removed. Hell, I can't remember the last time I was at a store that had a peg for any one of the "holy trinity."

Add me to the list of people with a local Meijer that put them out early :) I was able to pick up an Ike and Sheik no problem. They had 2 of each left. Hoping someone else who will actually use them is able to pick them up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back