Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a few Walmart in Washington and they had stock of mega man, sonic, and two different peaches. I didn't realize they had two peaches, and couldn't decide which one to get. (Now realize one is a ssb amiibo)

I'd like to get Rosetta and Chico for my daughter, but when I looked around I only found them for triple msrp. Yikes. I guess I'll wait and see on that.

Much appreciation to whoever first posted about the in store pickups for gold Marios. My order was fufilled yesterday and I got around to picking it up today. Was half expecting a standard mario when they handed it to me but he was a shiny golden god.

Thanks again!

23hqa9i.jpg
I also want to thank the posters for mentioning the store pickup. I had never done store pick up before and was surprised how well run it was. They just scanned the slip and had the figure 30 seconds later. I was still expecting to hear that they didn't have it or that it would be a regular figure. This was the only one of the store exclusives I wanted and thought I had missed out.

I've had a sealed gold Mario on craigslist for a few days now in hopes of trading for a rare amiibo I don't have. I've only gotten one offer for 2 commons I already have. Perhaps most people that wanted one have gotten one already...

Aaaand eBay is flooding with MM N3DS lol. Gotta love listings like these with people clearly in their car with sweatpants, couldn't even wait to get home to list it xD

http://goo.gl/posmFi

http://goo.gl/tKQumV

Jerkoffs, so ridiculous. Next time take it with yourself shaking hands with the employee and holding it up with a thumbs up.  Then laze back home to your bed and salty snacks to troll for more.

Good luck to those still looking for it to actually play/collect it, I got lucky for once.

Aaaand eBay is flooding with MM N3DS lol. Gotta love listings like these with people clearly in their car with sweatpants, couldn't even wait to get home to list it xD

Next time take it with yourself shaking hands with the employee and holding it up with a thumbs up. Then laze back home to your bed and salty snacks to troll for more.

Good luck to those still looking for it to actually play/collect it, I got lucky for once.
AMEN! If you’re going to re-sell something, great, good for you (and don’t read that with a tone, I know and understand the thrill of a quick buck). But PLEASE, we do not need an in-car pic of your collectable/system/amiibo. We don’t need a pic of a pallet full of them or a pyramid of them, or the item resting just outside of the confines of the shopping bag. Do these people really think this will increase their sales? I know it doesn’t for me. I specifically DON’T buy from these people in the rare instance I’ve resorted to paying over MSRP for something.

The scalping debate gets quite old here on CAG with both sides never budging whatsoever, but I think we can universally agree that no one wants to see obnoxious instances like the ones mentioned. It’s like saying “hey, I’m ripping you off you stupid f***”"." If you acquired 100 Zelda consoles pretend like you happened to acquire an extra one or you bought just one but changed your mind. With that illusion people are more likely to feel better about their purchase and hit Buy It Now.

Jerkoffs, so ridiculous. Next time take it with yourself shaking hands with the employee and holding it up with a thumbs up. Then laze back home to your bed and salty snacks to troll for more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it say "Thanks, Josh f*****" at the bottom of the receipt? If so that's hilarious! I'm sure the employee knew right where he was headed with the thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it say "Thanks, Josh f*****" at the bottom of the receipt? If so that's hilarious! I'm sure the employee knew right where he was headed with the thing.
Tucker, the seller's name is Tuckman something or other. Josh Tucker.
62fe7b7c3474428379fffd1f130e9a921ac8b60ccda0c44f25414793622d6d84.jpg

I think it's Tucker lol but I'm pretty sure they'd get fired if that happened. System probably takes their info from their maxed out credit cards or something. Either way, glad to see some are still having success locating one.

In other news if Wave 4 doesn't have preorders...hmm, maybe it'll scare off some people? I'm not sure if that would make this more stressful and difficult or more fun and possibly more fair to find? Some places will still do them, it's not Big N's decision. There was a rumor yesterday about some rares coming back in as more port strike blockage gets cleared up. If that's the case someone needs to inform the CAGcast who are ripping on Nintendo for these shortages. I hear they're even holding the next waves to ensure this doesn't happen again and that's why there's no news on preorders yet.

Jerkoffs, so ridiculous. Next time take it with yourself shaking hands with the employee and holding it up with a thumbs up. Then laze back home to your bed and salty snacks to troll for more.

Just want to break down what this guy is actually making.

Sale Price

$300

Cost

$199.99+minimum 6% tax in PA is $211.99

10% ebay fee - $30

$0.30 + 2.9% paypal fee - $6.10

Shipping probably small flat rate box is cheapest (not sure if it will fit, but maybe) - $5.35

Total is $253.44 so he makes $46.56. I guess since he bought 3 you can multiply it by 3 to get $139.68. Not a bad chunk of change, but definitely not worth most peoples time and possible hate they may receive for cleaning out a single store.

Shipping probably small flat rate box is cheapest (not sure if it will fit, but maybe) - $5.35
I was able to fit the red NN3DSXL in a small flat rate box. I was even able to smoosh some packing peanuts around it too. It was a very secure and snug fit.

Good to know if you ever sell a New 3DS.

I was able to fit the red NN3DSXL in a small flat rate box. I was even able to smoosh some packing peanuts around it too. It was a very secure and snug fit.

Good to know if you ever sell a New 3DS.

I think the desire for profit outweighs what strangers think.
Yeah, but that's kind of my point, it's not that much profit. By no means am I against scalping, but for me it has to be a much bigger return than 25%. To each their own, but it is worth it to know the actual cost of selling something on ebay.

Yeah, but that's kind of my point, it's not that much profit. By no means am I against scalping, but for me it has to be a much bigger return than 25%. To each their own, but it is worth it to know the actual cost of selling something on ebay.
You have no idea how much time he spent on this. If he had an agreement with the manager he basically will made 130+ for what's likely 1 hour of work

You have no idea how much time he spent on this. If he had an agreement with the manager he basically will made 130+ for what's likely 1 hour of work
He made $130 yes, but fronted $600+. I know it was probably on a credit card, to me loading up your credit card is just another stress. I know it doesn't actually mean money out of your pocket, but I personally don't like to saddle my credit card like that because I have a chance of exceeding my limit or missing my payment or whatever. Not saying he will do that, but just another thing to have in your mind.

But after all that, now that I think about it there is a great situation that this person could have been in. If he had $600 in gamestop credit this would have been very worth it. Convert $600 GS credit (plus no tax possibly for PA, not sure) to $775 cash. That's a pretty good return, imo.

Anyone having any luck with gold mario in store pickup today?

Walmart.com keeps showing gold mario in stock, but never available when I try to add to cart.

The store locations keep changing too, but none of them seem to actually have stock.

Just buy the 3ds, and then say they were damaged to ebay, ship back an empty box/ a box full of newspapers. Ebay sides with the buyer 100%, its a haven for scams. Enjoy your free n3ds, and fuck the scammer.

I picked up a Fox at Best Buy the other night because I saw him on the shelf. I have no need for him as I am only collecting the characters I truly want.

if anyone wants him at cost ($12.99 + tax) + exact shipping + $1 for my time PM me. Otherwise, he's going back to the store. I bought him for trade bait but I haven't gotten any interest.

He has a minuscule tear on the card if you're keeping him sealed. Detailed photos below.

If you don't have any feedback here I would require signature confirmation to cover us both.

I also have a Toad and all of the other character from the SMB line if you're looking for them. Same deal ($12.99 + tax) + exact shipping + $1 for my time.
I'm not sure if the first guy is going to follow through on this.

Fox is spoken for in terms of backups since I am going in order for PMs received, but if anyone wants to be a backup for Toad only then PM me. If the first guy doesn't end up following through then we'll go from there.

Otherwise, he's going back to the store.

I want to be fair and help people out who have gotten short-changed by the scalpers, but at least have the decency to follow through and not flake out.

Just buy the 3ds, and then say they were damaged to ebay, ship back an empty box/ a box full of newspapers. Ebay sides with the buyer 100%, its a haven for scams. Enjoy your free n3ds, and fuck the scammer.
Then the scalper shows up at your house with a katana, fedora, and trenchcoat

Just want to break down what this guy is actually making.

Sale Price

$300

Cost

$199.99+minimum 6% tax in PA is $211.99

10% ebay fee - $30

$0.30 + 2.9% paypal fee - $6.10

Total is $253.44 so he makes $46.56. I guess since he bought 3 you can multiply it by 3 to get $139.68. Not a bad chunk of change, but definitely not worth most peoples time and possible hate they may receive for cleaning out a single store.
Not to mention the fact that you have to deal with assholes on eBay who DON'T PAY. And guess what happens to them? Pretty much nothing. It's happened to me numerous, numerous times. Even guys with 2,000+ (100%) rating. And I'm not even a flipper, just a guy trying to sell his old games.

-Disgruntled eBay Seller

Not to mention the fact that you have to deal with assholes on eBay who DON'T PAY. And guess what happens to them? Pretty much nothing. It's happened to me numerous, numerous times. Even guys with 2,000+ (100%) rating. And I'm not even a flipper, just a guy trying to sell his old games.

-Disgruntled eBay Seller
It might work with your average scalper with little eBay experience, but legit sellers who do this for a living know the ins and outs of the policy. Your PayPal account can very easily get frozen if you try to cheat the system (and good luck getting it back or the cash in it, what a nightmare). If I'm selling something like that that's worth a good chunk of change I make sure to document the entire sale. Pictures of the actual item with proof, all receipts/labels, etc.

Check out the eBay rant thread for tips for both buyers and sellers.

Picked up my gold mario today. This one is staying in the box. I used store pick up and as mentioned numerous times, it was super easy. Thanks! Not sure if I'll drive that far ever again but it's pretty cool to have something rare and not pay more than MSRP I guess. I just recently got into collecting these. I might have the strangest collection. SMS bowser, mega man, toad, kirby and gold mario now.

I get the disdain for the scalper, but what you are promoting here is full-blown fraud. Regardless of whether you will get "caught" or not, I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone. You can correct me if you were being sarcastic, but I'm not detecting it here.

It might work with your average scalper with little eBay experience, but legit sellers who do this for a living know the ins and outs of the policy. Your PayPal account can very easily get frozen if you try to cheat the system (and good luck getting it back or the cash in it, what a nightmare). If I'm selling something like that that's worth a good chunk of change I make sure to document the entire sale. Pictures of the actual item with proof, all receipts/labels, etc.

Check out the eBay rant thread for tips for both buyers and sellers.
No I don't mean that I sent the item before they pay. I mean that the eBay auction ends (with me as the seller) and the buyer just doesn't pay. Days go by and still no payment. Finally I open an Unpaid Item Case against them and they just ignore it. eBay sides in my favor but then I have to list the item again. It's especially frustrating if you buy a new game and plan to beat it quick and then sell it to recoup some of your money. If the buyer does it then, then the value of your game just keeps devaluing more and more. Anyways, I will check out the eBay rant thread. Thanks.

No I don't mean that I sent the item before they pay. I mean that the eBay auction ends (with me as the seller) and the buyer just doesn't pay. Days go by and still no payment. Finally I open an Unpaid Item Case against them and they just ignore it. eBay sides in my favor but then I have to list the item again
Oh sorry I thought you were commenting in addition to the previous post about sending the seller back an empty box. Didn't mean to address your comment directly.

I can relate to the frustration with buyers that don't pay promptly, slows everything down. However I don't sell too much stuff and it's never really been a problem. You used to have more control over who you let bid on your stuff (to avoid crap like this) but it looks like eBay has forced sellers away from that, must have been an outcry of some sort. It's dumb, you should be able to decide who you want to sell to as a seller's general right to refuse service.

I get the disdain for the scalper, but what you are promoting here is full-blown fraud. Regardless of whether you will get "caught" or not, I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone. You can correct me if you were being sarcastic, but I'm not detecting it here.
Seriously fuck that post. not cool. even if it was sarcastic, someone dumb enough is going to do it thinking they're slick

Lol, so are you saying FU to yourself? Cause what you suggested is actually a full blown scam, unlike scalpers whose doing something morally debatable but perfectly legal. I'm pretty sure since you're able to suggest this idea, you probably done it before. So someone like you complaining about scalpers is pretty laughable and hypocritical.

More Gold Mario up for store pickup at the Rosville, MN Walmart, but unlike Monday, when they finally just cancelled the order because they couldn't find it in store, now they're saying there's a problem with my CC, which I can't imagine is true (just used at GameStop this afternoon). Ugh. fuckin Walmart.

I don't know who's more dumb the people who drive to all these stores to make a few dollars but waste gas money in the process, or people who spend ludicrous amounts of money on ebay for said product.

Gotta say, I am loving amiibo Party in MP10. So simple, yet much fun had...and I'll be damned if it doesn't make me want to buy more than just the Bowser and Toad SMB amiibos.

More Gold Mario up for store pickup at the Rosville, MN Walmart, but unlike Monday, when they finally just cancelled the order because they couldn't find it in store, now they're saying there's a problem with my CC, which I can't imagine is true (just used at GameStop this afternoon). Ugh. fuckin Walmart.
This is what happens to me on every pick up order I place.

Almost all are cancelled within 5 minutes due to an "error processing payment".

I agree with you the problem is not our payment.

I entered another Gold Mario order a few minutes later with the same card (and checked my account - everything is fine), and it's been processing for 45 minutes. I don't expect to get a Gold Mario this way, but I keep trying.

I entered another Gold Mario order a few minutes later with the same card (and checked my account - everything is fine), and it's been processing for 45 minutes. I don't expect to get a Gold Mario this way, but I keep trying.
Haha me too. It's been showing available for pick up at a different store every couple hours for the last 2 days, but all orders get cancelled.

I keep on trying though!

There are a bunch of Fox amiibo at my Best Buy. Id be glad to set up a fellow CAG for MSRP + tax + shipping. If anyone is interested PM me. There are like 3 or 4 available.

Is the store far? If not then go in person
The store is close, but I'm busy and it's not a huge priority. I figured if I could get confirmation, I'd go. I'm more annoyed with Walmart because they're an awful company and I usually won't set foot in that place, but I've sold myself out for an Amiibo, and now I want something about which to complain. The truth is, they're no worse than any of the other retailers, and they've actually come through for a lot of people.

First post, long time lurker......

I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone in this thread.  I took the advice about checking the webiste for store pickup.  It would not let me process online, but I did go to the store and was quite pleased with my discovery.

Right on the middle of the display rack were four Gold Marios.  Right in the open, with families and young gamer folk passing by unamused and disinterested.  I came with the intent of getting one for my girlfriend's daughter, one for me, and one for display to stay in the box.  I decided that since there were four that I should get the other one as I am sure to find someone to trade with. 

I approached the cashier with a smile and immediately began chatting wiht her about how excited I was to see these on the shelf.  Her immediate response was: "Oh, I didn't know we had those! People have been calling all day about these."

This of course indicated to me that my timing must have been perfect.  Probably were stocked on the floor within minutes of me arriving.

My response went something like,. "Lucky me! They were the only ones!"

Cashier: "Great! .... I know one of our employess was looking for one of these."

Immediately I knew the right thing to do, and in true CAG manner I replied, "You better make it three for me.  Wouldn't want to take all the fun from everyone else."  Her reaction was shock, then gratefulness.

As she finished the transaction she actually thanked me.  Walking away I hear her talk in to the radio saying something along the line of: "Chris, can you come over here.  There is something here for you."

I like to think that another collector or gamer is as happy as me now too.

Might I recommend giving Best Buy a looksie... Mays Landing, NJ just had a Meta Knight sitting there. Needless to say, he is not still sitting there.

Got my Toad shipped from Best Buy on Friday. It came in a almost comically large box filled with bubble packing. I almost felt bad that they shipped this so securely only for me to rip open the box and throw it away. Since I got my Toad, I was all happy, forgetting all about my Gamestop preorder.

Then today, I get a call from Gamestop. The guy on the other end said, "It's been a long wait, but you'll be excited to know your shipment has come in! The Toad you ordered is here waiting for you!" I could hear his anticipation, as if he's been fielding a week's worth of calls from people saying 'WHERE IS MY TOAD!?!?', and was actually excited to tell people that, yes, they are finally here. So when I was, "oh...right...yeah, I guess I'll still pick it up...sometime," he genuinely sounded disappointed.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to bother. I really only ordered two of them in case one of the orders fell through (a good plan as it turned out, since it took a week for Gamestop to even get them). I think I'll just call and cancel the order so someone else can get a chance at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back