Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ignore the idiots whose "time is so valuable". That argument is flawed. They want to overpay for something on ebay, let them. A fool and their money...
Time is money. Let's say you make $130k a year and your son likes amiibos.
130k / 52 weeks is 2500
2500 / 40 hours a week is $62.50 an hour

If you wait in line longer than an hour, you just fucked yourself by not valuing your own time because the item can be had on ebay for $60

Just ignore the idiots whose "time is so valuable". That argument is flawed. They want to overpay for something on ebay, let them. A fool and their money...
Actually, that argument isn't flawed.
It's a very valid, true thing. It's just that lots of people value their time at different rates.

Neglecting that time is an asset is actually one of the biggest pitfalls that lots of people trying to make a side business of their hobby or even use their knowledge to reduce their actual cost fail to notice.

All of the hidden costs- shipping, transaction fees, time- do end up piling up, and if you're going to be honest about how much of your life and treasure you're giving up, all of them DO need to be accounted for.

While the arithmetic isn't quite as simple as either side proclaims it to be, that doesn't mean the argument is flawed.

130k / 52 weeks is 2500

If you wait in line longer than an hour, you just fucked yourself by not valuing your own time because the item can be had on ebay for $60
I don't have kids. Also, if you use a vacation day to take off work, then you can get paid while you wait. There goes your theory. Run along now.

I don't have kids. Also, if you use a vacation day to take off work, then you can get paid while you wait. There goes your theory. Run along now.
^Guy can't comprehend the value of time and is telling me to run along now. Oh the irony. If you are using vacation days to wait in line to buy amiibo's, you've got bigger problems. Have fun using your vacation days for that, meanwhile I'll use mine for going on actual vacations.

Too often, those making the argument "the time spent is more valuable" believe that all people could sell those hours spent right then and there. I've got a good stable job and I'm in college, but it's the night shift and it's exam week with no formal classes. I wasn't gonna be able to sell my time this morning anyway, so all I sacrificed was sleep and gas. And all those lined up at the TRU on Capital Boulevard had their 3DS's with Smash and Pokemon X/Y/ORAS. We had tournaments while we waited, so it was a good time.

There are times where your time is less valuable. And I tend to make time for the things I enjoy. :p

130k / 52 weeks is 2500

Now factor in taxes etc, lets say you really get 66% of that 130k take home, now you are down to $41.25 an hour O:)

IMO, time value of money only makes sense if you are paid hourly, or make money by billable hours. Annual salary holders TVM wont make a difference, especially if you can just go into work a little late, or work from home.

With that said, I will still buy my Amiibo's off eBay for the ones I cant preorder and happily pay the $40+

You can't really put a price on life experience either. Ive met some very nice people waiting in line for thing and got some nice stories to share out of it.

How do you put a price on that?

You can't really put a price on life experience either. Ive met some very nice people waiting in line for thing and got some nice stories to share out of it.

How do you put a price on that?
Easy, the price it would cost me to buy nose plugs, because most of the people waiting in line have not showered yet....

^Guy can't comprehend the value of time and is telling me to run along now. Oh the irony. If you are using vacation days to wait in line to buy amiibo's, you've got bigger problems. Have fun using your vacation days for that, meanwhile I'll use mine for going on actual vacations.
That's why each person gets their own to do what they want with them. We don't have to live by your mission statement. The moment I start taking advice from you is the moment I have bigger problems. Like I said, run along, you're not wanted here.

Too often, those making the argument "the time spent is more valuable" believe that all people could sell those hours spent right then and there. I've got a good stable job and I'm in college, but it's the night shift and it's exam week with no formal classes. I wasn't gonna be able to sell my time this morning anyway, so all I sacrificed was sleep and gas. And all those lined up at the TRU on Capital Boulevard had their 3DS's with Smash and Pokemon X/Y/ORAS. We had tournaments while we waited, so it was a good time.

There are times where your time is less valuable. And I tend to make time for the things I enjoy. :p
In my younger days I actually enjoyed waiting in line. I remember I had a great time waiting in line for Burning Crusade to come out.

I've been able to get all my amiibos at msrp online thanks to my alert system, with the exception of rosalina. I had to wait for 30 mins at target before they opened on super bowl Sunday and I met a really cool guy in line that gave me a villager for free. Well, sort of free, I ordered him a MM n3ds for him so he could get one at cost and he threw in his extra villager.

That's why each person gets their own to do what they want with them. We don't have to live by your mission statement. The moment I start taking advice from you is the moment I have bigger problems. Like I said, run along, you're not wanted here.
And this is why you shouldn't wait in line for amiibo's folks. Because then you run the risk of running into a guy like this lol! Yep, you can't educate the willingly ignorant. You remind us of the types that will wait in line 5 hours, pay $15 for an amiibo, sell it for $60 on ebay and think that you accomplished something.

And this is why you shouldn't wait in line for amiibo's folks. Because then you run the risk of running into a guy like this lol! Yep, you can't educate the willingly ignorant.
The flaw in this whole argument is that its all subject. Just because what you feel time is worth doesn't mean that's what everyone feels time is worth.

You are free to spend your time/money as you wish. But talking down to others and thinking you are better than others is pretty silly.

Also, ignorant isn't an insult, so if you want to put others down I suggest you find better words to use.

The flaw in this whole argument is that its all subject. Just because what you feel time is worth doesn't mean that's what everyone feels time is worth.

You are free to spend your time/money as you wish. But talking down to others and thinking you are better than others is pretty silly.

Also, ignorant isn't an insult, so if you want to put others down I suggest you find better words to use.
You can try to spin it how ever you like to justify waiting hours in line for an amiibo that can be purchased for $40+ from a reseller, but at the end of the day the purchaser is silently laughing all the way to the bank at the foolish reseller who did exactly that. Why should I perform a stupid act when others are dumb enough to perform it for me?

I got to TRU at 9:05 this morning and was #29 in line.  The manager came out at 9:15 and gave out tickets for the 10 pre-orders available.  Anyone who came after 7am didn't get one.  Glad I didn't waste anymore time than that.  I will just sell or trade a different figure to get a Greninja.  Not that big of a deal.

With each release the lines are getting worse and worse.  F5 cowboy all the way~

You can try to spin it how ever you like to justify waiting hours in line for an amiibo that can be purchased for $40+ from a reseller, but at the end of the day the purchaser is silently laughing all the way to the bank.
I'm guessing you don't have a grasp on what subject is. Or do you truly feel that your opinion is absolute truth?

Using your argument though, that reseller was the one that waited in line for the Amiibo for you to buy on ebay, so in the end they wasted their time to make $27 - $37 dollar profit.

They are laughing to the bank yet if someone chooses to wait in line that are "ignorant" One person made $27-$37 and the other saved $27-$37 by waiting in line.

Your logic is flawed.

I got to TRU at 9:05 this morning and was #29 in line. The manager came out at 9:15 and gave out tickets for the 10 pre-orders available. Anyone who came after 7am didn't get one. Glad I didn't waste anymore time than that. I will just sell or trade a different figure to get a Greninja. Not that big of a deal.

With each release the lines are getting worse and worse. F5 cowboy all the way~
Was this the one in Roseville, my friend?

got really lucky with my location. was at TRU wellington (FL). only 10 people there when i arrived (845 am). crowd seemed okay, except for that asian guy making all these neckbeard comments. they had 13 in stock so i was able to get one. i think this will be the last time i wait in line for TRU. they never have enough of the exclusives so its always risky if you want to wake up early.
Same, If I don't snag a pre order online for TRU in the next wave, then I'm not going to even try to get a in store pre order. I got there at 7:50 and that wasn't even early enough which is bogus. People are getting there at 4 in the morning and that's something I will never do for these toys.

Spot on, man. It's just silly how many people are buying these things just because they're hot, and they don't really care about Nintendo products. The other thing your detractors fail to realize is that flippers aren't buying just one extra. Try 5, 10 or 50.

If supply were increased enough to where everyone who wanted rare amiibos got them, nintendo would be losing money with all the unsold inventory sitting in stores. If that demand were met, then you can add the entire flipper supply to it as well creating triple or quadruple the extra amiibos nobody buys.

Not to mention, most of these people "quitting" as it were, were only really in it for the hype anyhow, or were buying more than they should. There's no reason to let toys get you that bent out of shape. People keep losing their shit and this wave hasn't even been released yet. I think I have the least amount of sympathy for the people who say "I haven't scored anything this wave" well wow ok then I guess you weren't giving it a fractional amount of effort compared to others. These same people that are just going to die if they don't get what they want but they aren't willing to spend $25 or 30 on one.

Most people simply aren't as in-love with these figures as they think they are.
I want all of them as I have been a Nintendo fan for about 30 years. The thing that got me in to wanting all of them was Little Mac.

I am at 29/29 with six in the mail on the way here from the UK. These last two have been awful to get, Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Nintendo should have their crap together by now with these releases. It isn't about rare amiibos, it is about Nintendo failing their customers.

Every place I have been for pre-orders, I have yet to see a single scalper. Everybody has been a collector.

I got to TRU at 9:05 this morning and was #29 in line. The manager came out at 9:15 and gave out tickets for the 10 pre-orders available. Anyone who came after 7am didn't get one. Glad I didn't waste anymore time than that. I will just sell or trade a different figure to get a Greninja. Not that big of a deal.

With each release the lines are getting worse and worse. F5 cowboy all the way~
I showed up at around 8, was number #13. They didn't hand out tickets until 9:45 and they also only got 10. Met some cool peeps though and got some streetpasses.

This was Minnetonka/Plymouth TRU.

I want all of them as I have been a Nintendo fan for about 30 years. The thing that got me in to wanting all of them was Little Mac.

I am at 29/29 with six in the mail on the way here from the UK. These last two have been awful to get, Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Nintendo should have their crap together by now with these releases. It isn't about rare amiibos, it is about Nintendo failing their customers.

Every place I have been for pre-orders, I have yet to see a single scalper. Everybody has been a collector.
Yes I'm sure Scalpers will reveal themselves to you lol. The funny thing is I keep on seeing on this board people's perception of a scalper is some fat guy with glasses and neckbeards lol. That is the most ridiculous assumption ever. ive seen scalpers from the well dressed and educated to hot women. They're are also tons of collectors who are scalpers. There's no rules saying you can only be one or the other. Every amiibo collector that got multiples to trade or to sell to fund their collection is essentially a scalper, nothing wrong with it. But if you think vast majority of current amiibo buyers only buy 1 for themselves, then you truly are naive. Also the most serious scalpers make their living off online preorders anyways, that's were people preorder 5 or 10 of each amiibo. Not from lining up in stores where there's usually a strict one per customer rule. You will never see these people but they probably buy up half the inventory nintendo sends out.

Good deal. Sounds like you've just about finished your set then. :wave:

I think the issue is mostly that Nintendo just doesn't prioritize America like we are used to. They don't seem to care about shortages here. It's nothing new. We consume their stuff at a much higher rate than other regions and they're unwilling to respond to the initial burst of our large apatite. They seem more content to spread themselves globally and not lose their foothold in the world marketplace.

I don't think it's malicious and malevolent like most people think. I also don't get why big Nintendo fans always rant about the company's evil nature or how they are more deserving of toys.

My personal Amiibo is complete!
https://twitter.com/Mysticales/status/592837210388455424 (Full pics and designed from)
And for those who wanna see instant pic...

Mystaria3.jpg

E-he-he-verybody has a different definition of "scalper" here. Someone care to explain how a 1-1 trade of a $13 figure for a $13 figure is scalping? Those /r/amiibo trades are an invaluable way to get figures you both missed (he wanted Marth and my Metaknight preorder got canceled). Doubt most would fault someone who buys 2 of each and stops there, even for Robin and Lucina. But there aren't many who would agree that "there's nothing wrong with" buying 5 or 10 of a single figure. Unless, of course, you yourself are scalping. Only you and the universe know your true identity, so I guess as long as you're cool with yourself....

Yes I'm sure Scalpers will reveal themselves to you lol. The funny thing is I keep on seeing on this board people's perception of a scalper is some fat guy with glasses and neckbeards lol. That is the most ridiculous assumption ever. ive seen scalpers from the well dressed and educated to hot women. They're are also tons of collectors who are scalpers. There's no rules saying you can only be one or the other. Every amiibo collector that got multiples to trade or to sell to fund their collection is essentially a scalper, nothing wrong with it. But if you think vast majority of current amiibo buyers only buy 1 for themselves, then you truly are naive. Also the most serious scalpers make their living off online preorders anyways, that's were people preorder 5 or 10 of each amiibo. Not from lining up in stores where there's usually a strict one per customer rule. You will never see these people but they probably buy up half the inventory nintendo sends out.
When I sit in line and talk with people there, nobody has said they were there to resell the ones they were getting. Heck, nobody was reselling ones they had other than me. If you are a scalper and want to make money, the perfect place would be an amino pre-order line. So personally, I have yet to see a scalper out at one of these places snatching up pre-orders.

I did offer to sell some rare ones in line to people for what I paid. I need to get with some people here about some of my extras that I offered to sell two weeks ago but have been extremely busy.

I don't think scalpers are buying a high percentage of these. Collectors are getting the majority of them from what I have seen and the people that I have met. I keep hoping Nintendo would learn from the previous waves but that is setting a high bar for them.

I don't think scalpers are buying a high percentage of these. Collectors are getting the majority of them from what I have seen and the people that I have met
Well, I guess this is the part I have to disagree, just looking at Rosalina and Gold Mario listings on Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist, there were clearly tons of these that did not end up in hands of people that actually wanted them. There were tons of pictures on ebay showing one person having 8, 10, 20 Gold Marios or Rosalinas, heck one guy sold 200 Gold Marios on ebay just by himself. I honestly don't know why I'm defending Nintendo today but I do think they're unfairly being criticized by some of you guys. And understandable why they're just reluctant to all of a sudden make every amiibo a common, because they would stand to lose tons of money by having tons of unsold amiibos.

E-he-he-verybody has a different definition of "scalper" here. Someone care to explain how a 1-1 trade of a $13 figure for a $13 figure is scalping? Those /r/amiibo trades are an invaluable way to get figures you both missed (he wanted Marth and my Metaknight preorder got canceled). Doubt most would fault someone who buys 2 of each and stops there, even for Robin and Lucina. But there aren't many who would agree that "there's nothing wrong with" buying 5 or 10 of a single figure. Unless, of course, you yourself are scalping. Only you and the universe know your true identity, so I guess as long as you're cool with yourself....
Please don't start a scalping ethics discussion. Some people get quite upset and nothing good ever comes of it. Everyone thanks you for understanding. ;)

Eh, how did we get from a discussion about how much Nintendo's at fault and why they aren't restocking enough to ethics of scalping?

TBH... if what I heard Nintendo is doing is true about putting "Reprint" or 2nd wave or so on the new batch of repinted amiibos... Then yes, I will 100% believe Nintendo is making them collectables on purpose.. vs just being something for us to USE.

Please don't start a scalping discussion. Some people get quite upset and nothing good ever comes of it. Everyone thanks you for understanding. ;)
Hahaha, you guys haven't been talking about anything but scalping and/or telling people to stop complaining about it. Maybe stop complaining about the complaining then? :p

Every amiibo collector that got multiples to trade or to sell to fund their collection is essentially a scalper, nothing wrong with it.
Eh, how did we get from a discussion about how much Nintendo's at fault and why they aren't restocking enough to ethics of scalping?
cant-tell-if-serious.jpg

Edit: lol I just noticed I even used your "nothing wrong with" in my post.

Sigh somebody clearly did not read the entire discussion if that's all you got out of it. I think HelloooNurse is just trying to start things at this point.

It's a bad situation all around, since you forgot one of your own standpoints... No sir, this is simply the first point of yours I take issue with. If scalpers are largely to blame for the scarcity collectors face by hoarding dozens of figures--when Nintendo can do nothing to remedy the situation--it doesn't make a lick of sense to then state "there's nothing wrong with it." Jus sayin.

A post that disagrees with your definition of scalping and ends with "we know what we are" should not have been so controversial. Notice I never declared the activity right or wrong...but someone else did. *shrug*

Edit: Someone disagrees with you. They must be trying to start something. smh

I think I have the least amount of sympathy for the people who say "I haven't scored anything this wave" well wow ok then I guess you weren't giving it a fractional amount of effort compared to others.
People who get this things are either lucky, or putting forth more than a fractional amount of effort. The last wave the diligent could be successful, but it's been pure luck so far, or a lot of knowhow on creating bots and other neat little programs to give yourself an edge.

i didnt bother going to tru even thou i called out, i messed up my tailbone somehow it sucks alot. I didnt feel like dealing with lines while in pain.

Theres amiibos here? I just got home from work, miss anything?

EDIT: @the local CAGs, how were the crowds out there today?
Nah, he's just referring to some custom Amiibo he made, (some Zelda custom) I guess no one paid attention to it. Anyways, I went to the LA Fitness (at 6:00 AM) near the Canyon TRU, and saw there were at-least 15 people, lined up/sleeping around the entrance. When, I saw that, I was like "I ain't gonna flex with that" lol! Did you go?

Nah, he's just referring to some custom Amiibo he made, (some Zelda custom) I guess no one paid attention to it. Anyways, I went to the LA Fitness (at 6:00 AM) near the Canyon TRU, and saw there were at-least 15 people, lined up/sleeping around the entrance. When, I saw that, I was like "I ain't gonna flex with that" lol! Did you go?
Negative, I start work at 8:30. After reading some of the threads here last night it seemed pointless. I'm sure that TRU only got 10 anyway, there's a cool guy that works there, his name is Greg, he works electronics and collects them too.

I know I walked right into that one.

Seeing as Im a guy, married to a woman and not gay. No I must have sat wrong somewhere or something I really have no idea what i did.
Doesn't take much to bruise your tailbone. I used to do hurt it when tripping over myself in basketball. Took a couple months to heal sometimes sadly.

Yes she did. Is a nice one, too bad others dont really post theirs.. I am sure there are some awesome ones. But right now. I assume people are only looking for the next scalper or silver mario... God that day is gonna be horrible.

Wouldnt nintendo want to push the characters that have games available on virtual console now? So all the rares little mac, pit, captain falcon etc. Since they are launching the virtual console trial unlocks for nes/snes games? What do you guys think? Wouldnt it be great so more people will discover these older gems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back