Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes people, I traded my The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Limited-Edition (NOT Zelda console). I did mention I dont have 3ds xl console so no point for me to keep the MM 3D LE bundle.

I do agree with a member above, that this MM 3D LE now only cost about $150 max, but if I am going to sell those 3 amiibos I can make about $200 now. I dont hold item and wait for 5-10 years later to resell ... Who know what will the price going to be ?

The only thing I hope in that trade that I can get meta knight on top
Of that deal but too bad that person didnt have it yet and if I wait untill next week, maybe someone else will jump in with that trade.

I highly doubt they will change their packaging if its re release lol. Even if they did, wouldn't change anything. Reprint, value always goes down doesn't matter if its the old or new. Not like people will notice which one is which unless they really do change the way villager looks. Like I said to the other guy, I was referring to being a collector and not some one who would resell.
You should check out Skylanders. Reprints go for much less than the first release. Same for majority of collectable products. Hell, some first edition 3DS's (mainly Pink and Purple last time I saw) go for over $200 even though their counterparts don't.

hate to break it to everyone; but no one is going to get rich "investing" in this stuff. if you're really trying to make money - intelligently play the stock market. just be honest and say you're collecting amiibos for the fun of it and because they are awesome. if you're buying multiple amiibos and flipping them to only make $20; i'd wager you're not in the best shape financially or you just enjoy the hobby of flipping. hopefully it's the latter.
It's all about the quantity. Sell one amiibo and make $20 profit than it's not really worth it, but that's up to your expectations. Now sell 10 of those and you made $200.

Go on Youtube and look up eBay sellers. A good amount of people (those who consider it their career) make a lot of "investing" in this.

This guy below started when he was a teen selling Yu-Gi-Oh cards. He managed to pay off his student / credit card debt, buy himself a house and his mom a house as a gift. He still sells products as his career but bigger items such as band equipment and computers.

It's all about the mindset. And no offense but stocks are more risky than buying these small items in large quantities. If you're even thinking about stocks, make sure you have at least $5000 saved up to play with while you learn how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuCZXS8YagM

You should check out Skylanders. Reprints go for much less than the first release. Same for majority of collectable products. Hell, some first edition 3DS's (mainly Pink and Purple last time I saw) go for over $200 even though their counterparts don't.
Consoles always go up in price if its brand new, so that doesn't surprise me. We're talking about these 12.99 pretty cheaply made amiibos.....

Too much bickering. C'mon target.com give us King Dedede so this bickering stops.  :whistle2:

Edit: At this rate, we will reach page 667 again in no time.

hate to break it to everyone; but no one is going to get rich "investing" in this stuff. if you're really trying to make money - intelligently play the stock market. just be honest and say you're collecting amiibos for the fun of it and because they are awesome. if you're buying multiple amiibos and flipping them to only make $20; i'd wager you're not in the best shape financially or you just enjoy the hobby of flipping. hopefully it's the latter.
I always find it amusing when people start suggesting to others to invest in the stock market to make an "honest dollar". Nothing like losing your money in a corrupt artificial outlet like the good ol stock market. Yes I am aware that a lot of people make money in the market......but also aware a lot of people lose their asses too.

So if Meta Knight and the rest of Wave 3B are locked in the Best Buy system and Best Buy Online until 2/20, does that mean you might be able to login after midnight and process an in store pickup order? Has anyone even figured out why Best Buy arbitrarily decided to street date these in the first place?

Consoles always go up in price if its brand new, so that doesn't surprise me. We're talking about these 12.99 pretty cheaply made amiibos.....
Anything goes up in price over time, it's just a matter of time so this doesn't apply to just consoles. Hell Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis goes for $200+ brand new. http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-Operation-Genesis-Playstation-2/dp/B000086JYK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424030475&sr=1-1&keywords=Jurassic+Park%3A+Operation+Genesis

Like what you quoted (and decided not to read), Skylanders toys (which are the same price as most Amiibo's) first prints go for more than their second.

Small example. Not as popular character but proves my point. Go check out first edition trading cards, which are always worth more.

Eruptor Series 1: http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Spyros-Adventure-no-operating-system/dp/B0056G298O/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424030674&sr=1-1&keywords=Eruptor++skylanders

Eruptor Series 2: http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Giants-Character-no-operating-system/dp/B008OSDHGE/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424030683&sr=1-3&keywords=Eruptor++skylanders

i'm not saying the stock market is an honest dollar or that you should do it.  i'm just saying slangin' amiibos is prob. not going to get you rich and listening to everyone on this forum is quite funny.  I'm just here to stay on top of which online deal is live and when I can pre-order my beloved Ness.  

Donkey Kong, Peach, and Zelda are $9.99 each. I saw it in store.
How recent was that when you saw it? To my knowledge, only Yoshi, Peach and DK were $9.99. It'd make sense that Zelda would be clearanced, there's about as many of her as there are of Mario and Pikachu.

Anything goes up in price over time, it's just a matter of time so this doesn't apply to just consoles. Hell Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis goes for $200+ brand new. http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-Operation-Genesis-Playstation-2/dp/B000086JYK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424030475&sr=1-1&keywords=Jurassic+Park%3A+Operation+Genesis

Like what you quoted (and decided not to read), Skylanders toys (which are the same price as most Amiibo's) first prints go for more than their second.

Small example. Not as popular character but proves my point. Go check out first edition trading cards, which are always worth more.

Eruptor Series 1: http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Spyros-Adventure-no-operating-system/dp/B0056G298O/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424030674&sr=1-1&keywords=Eruptor++skylanders

Eruptor Series 2: http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Giants-Character-no-operating-system/dp/B008OSDHGE/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424030683&sr=1-3&keywords=Eruptor++skylanders
You can't be certain it's a bubble until it bursts. Don't go crazy.

If you actually sit down and read this article rather than just dismissing it out of hand, you're going to see a lot of similarities between the descriptions there and what's going on with Amiibos.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/family-spends-100000-on-beanie-babies-2013-7#when-taylor-was-three-or-four-he-wanted-a-beanie-baby-after-his-father-chris-sr-learned-that-they-were-valuable-he-began-to-take-the-kids-to-different-beanie-joints-to-get-as-many-of-the-toys-as-possible-1

If you hold no sentimental value then yes. holy trinity probably goes for around 180-200 at best in the long run considering marth's reprint, little mac goes for 90 and may increase while shulk will prob sit around 40ish. That total's to around 330-350 which isn't bad considering the N3ds may break 500 at this point
I literally just sold my trinity for $280 on ebay.

Any idea how much that set originally cost? The 2014 set is priced at almost $2900, which is more than the current price of gold per oz. I'd imagine the 1991 set probably wasn't that cheap, but was probably similarly priced above the gold price back then. Kinda hard to tell what the return on that would be.

As for Amiibo being "investments", I agree but some of them are returning some decent cash. I only got 13% last year on my IRA in 2014, but some of these Amiibo are going for more than twice their original price.

That may be the case now, but those series 1 Skylanders were also heavily discounted/clearanced out once Giants & (especially)Swap Force hit.

Just like any investment, know what you're getting into. Buying a bunch of beanie baby's in the hope that they'll retain their value is idiotic.
That's the whole thing though, in 15 years people could easily be saying that about Amiibos. You have no idea what will happen.

Any idea how much that set originally cost? The 2014 set is priced at almost $2900, which is more than the current price of gold per oz. I'd imagine the 1991 set probably wasn't that cheap, but was probably similarly priced above the gold price back then. Kinda hard to tell what the return on that would be.

As for Amiibo being "investments", I agree but some of them are returning some decent cash. I only got 13% last year on my IRA in 2014, but some of these Amiibo are going for more than twice their original price.
The price of gold skyrocketed since the 90's. I believe an ounce was in the neighborhood of $400. Those 4 coin sets are just under 2 ounces (1.85 oz). You can also get 4 coin platinum sets which in my opinion are undervalued because platinum is much rarer than gold but worth roughly the same right now.

Seriously? Why not compare it to old Roman coins next?
There's been plenty of reprints of figures from various lines of "toys" over the years and there's always a way to distinguish them from the original run. Such is commonplace in the collector world.

That's the whole thing though, in 15 years people could easily be saying that about Amiibos. You have no idea what will happen.
This. Which is why I only invest in things that are in demand now (basic market research can tell you this) and not stuff that "might" be worth it in the future. And by in demand now I mean current selling price, not whether something just came out or not.

Though I'm not saying you should invest in Amiibo's, just that making investments on something small could pay off for you like it has for others who treat it like the business it is. But like the stock market, it can crash and burn in your face if you don't know what you're doing.

This. Which is why I only invest in things that are in demand now (basic market research can tell you this) and not stuff that "might" be worth it in the future.

Though I'm not saying you should invest in Amiibo's, just that making investments on something small could pay off for you like it has for many others. But like the stock market, it can crash and burn in your face if you don't know what you're doing.
It all comes down to demand and availability though which we'll never know until decades later

Videogame collecting itself is a giant bubble; amiibos are just a part of it. It is most definitely going to burst.

i'm not saying the stock market is an honest dollar or that you should do it. i'm just saying slangin' amiibos is prob. not going to get you rich and listening to everyone on this forum is quite funny. I'm just here to stay on top of which online deal is live and when I can pre-order my beloved Ness.
Have you have thoughouly beaten the SNES game Earth Bound?

There's been plenty of reprints of figures from various lines of "toys" over the years and there's always a way to distinguish them from the original run. Such is commonplace in the collector world.
You can at least imagine a scenario where this is a bubble and they all become worth about $1 each right? Lets say....these aren't compatible with Nintendo's next console and that they release 10 different versions of each Amiibo over the next 10 years...

Have you have thoughouly beaten the SNES game Earth Bound?
I have beaten it yes; of course. I'm not a poser waiting for Nest and Pack-Man. But I feel a bunch of people had to google him to see what game he's from.

Why are we talking about investments? Really? Just mentioning it makes you sound like a scalper.
If not for scalper's, I would never have scored tickets to watch Michael Jordan in the playoffs. I think I'll hold that memory in higher regard than someone worrying about wether or not people are selling dupes of their amiibos at a higher cost. :)

I have beaten it yes; of course. I'm not a poser waiting for Nest. But I feel a bunch of people had to google him to see what game he's from.
OK, just checking. Too many on here thinking that they are entitled to such a character such as ness when the only game they've played featuring him is smash bros lol

You can at least imagine a scenario where this is a bubble and they all become worth about $1 each right? Lets say....these aren't compatible with Nintendo's next console and that they release 10 different versions of each Amiibo over the next 10 years...
Most of the people aren't buying these to play with man and I can think of scenarios that'll make zelda stuff worth shit as well. It's all speculation

Nope. What does compatibility have to do with it when the amiibo is never leaving the box. 10 diff versions only raises its value, as it's the first of its kind.

Why are we talking about investments? Really? Just mentioning it makes you sound like a scalper.
Knowing how to mange and maximize your money makes you sound like a scalper. Weird.

It all comes down to demand and availability though which we'll never know until decades later
Exactly. Short term investments on smaller products are worth it more to me. But if an item, say a store region specific item, is cheap enough and similar items have sold high, than it might be worth the long time investment. But only if you have the income to do so.

As a selective amiibo collector, if zelda becomes $9.99 I'll be pretty interested in this price point for commons I do not have. Especially if price comes to bby gcu.

My wallet is still in fear that amiibo functionality will become stronger for in game content. As figures + dlc I'd go crazy for amiibo in the likes of shy guy, piranha plant, Whispy, and so on.

If they release a NES OG line of amiibos and call Ganon as Gannon instead, it would be a colossal failure as the original Zelda spelled it with only one N.

Knowing how to mange and maximize your money makes you sound like a scalper. Weird.

Exactly. Short term investments on smaller products are worth it more to me. But if an item, say a store region specific item, is cheap enough and similar items have sold high, than it might be worth the long time investment. But only if you have the income to do so.
I would obviously call that a flipper or reseller

Pretty much. Or a flipper in the least.
You know, there are business people on this forum. Go to off-topic once in a while and look at the financial topics. Heck, the eBay rant thread would let you know that there are a lot of people on here who know about finances and aren't scalpers. Resellers, maybe, but I don't see much scalpers here. For good reason too, since everyone gets their pitch forks out.

Know that I don't care for scalpers. And by scalpers I mean people who buy out stock, sell all their products well above MSRP though others are selling it below retail prices, or people who sell their tickets in line.

Resellers on the other hand have more respect than that. But than again, most on here don't (or choose not to) see the differences.

Why is anyone worried about it? I've simply pre-ordered everything and it has either shown up or in the process of showing up. Once I am tired of looking at them on my wall, I will sell the entire collection for profit. This whole amiibo thing is quite simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back