Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my Shulk today. The manager is an all things Nintendo freak, so he didn't sticker any of the figures in case people wanted them for collections.

Alright anyone that's gonna wait outside nintendo world tomorrow, message animes or me if you wanna do a meet up
For the MM XL? What time are you gonna be there and do we know anything about the stock situation there? I saw Anime's post about him going in a few hours tonight on GAF, but that's waaaay too early.

I don't know if simply camping out a Target is the better idea.

Thinking about going back to bestbuy tomorrow to buy another meta knight. They had 9 in total got 2 already
It's going to be a lot more difficult now as the memo circulating to not sell Meta Knight until 2/20 would have been noticed by employees by now.

Had a very cheerful random BB dude grab a Meta Knight for me. It was in my hands! Then, some other electronics dude stepped in, fearing the POS would lock him out because of the release date. He checked inventory, saw they got a couple more than pre-order allotment, then took my contact info. Low and behold, he called a couple hours later to say it was on hold until the 20th, and I could personally find him in store. Excellent service from BB today, regardless as to whether I actually get my MK on the 20th.
Are you in Delaware?

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I noticed today, at Gamestop that all of the Princess Peach figures were marked $9.99.

Everything else was $12.99 Maybe they are trying to clear her out since new ones are coming in a month?

People have already reported getting them via a manager override... of course, they could be lying but there are some on eBay already.
Incredibly unlikely, breaking street date welcomes fines. Managers won't knowingly approve that.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I noticed today, at Gamestop that all of the Princess Peach figures were marked $9.99.

Everything else was $12.99 Maybe they are trying to clear her out since new ones are coming in a month?
Interesting. Peach, Yoshi, and DK dropped to $9.99 at BBY today too. Has to be more than a coincidence.

I know this has been discussed already in the old thread but is there ANY difference at all in the actual figure if you buy from overseas? I know the packaging is different but anything else at all different?

Yeah it was posted earlier that Yoshi, DK, and Peach have a new MSRP of 9.99. Which is as you said most likely to clear cluttered stock to make way for the super Mario Bros series ones.

Got shulk today in the box. Very happy :) WILL pick up 2nd shulk tomorrow and he ready to play till xenoblade X coming out :)
According to the internet shulk amiibo is supported in xenoblade 3ds. What i dont understand is how thats going to work in america when there are none to be found?

According to the internet shulk amiibo is supported in xenoblade 3ds. What i dont understand is how thats going to work in america when there are none to be found?
Gamestop will include Shulk in a bundle with Xenoblade and a "New" 3DS. (kinda joking)

Incredibly unlikely, breaking street date welcomes fines. Managers won't knowingly approve that.
I just imagine that any manager that saw the date initially come up as 12/31/15 would simply assume it was a glitch and override the transaction. That would appear to be the logical thing to do because stores simply don't get product in 10 months before release. Naturally that isn't a guarantee and it is speculation but it seems like a sound train of though.

Amiibo. Do. Not. Have. Street Dates.
They. Literally. Do. At. Best Buy.

I just imagine that any manager that saw the date initially come up as 12/31/15 would simply assume it was a glitch and override the transaction. That would appear to be the logical thing to do because stores simply don't get product in 10 months before release. Naturally that isn't a guarantee and it is speculation but it seems like a sound train of though.

12/31 of the current year is the placeholder used for every video game/related merchadise that doesn't have an officially announced/confirmed street date until one is set.

12/31 of the current year is the placeholder used for every video game/related merchadise that doesn't have an officially announced/confirmed street date until once is set.
I understand that, but if I was a store manager holding a product in my hand that was ringing up with a release date 10 months from now, I would most likely override the transaction if the customer were persistent enough.

In-case i'm late, just got an email from BB with an updated release date of 2/20 for Meta Knight.
Probably mentioned earlier, but best buy updated my metaknight release date to 2/20
Bingo. It's called a "release date" (or another generic term). one chosen by Best Buy. A completely arbitrary day that Best Buy has decided to sell this item.

They. Literally. Do. At. Best Buy.

12/31 of the current year is the placeholder used for every video game/related merchadise that doesn't have an officially announced/confirmed street date until one is set.
Which is not to be confused with a "street date". A date that is set by the distributor which the retailer will not break due to the threat of tens of thousands of dollars of potential fines levied per copy sold. Just because you've read the phrase and said it yourself a thousand times before doesn't make using it any less incorrect. Amiibo don't have street dates. Stores can sell them when they get them. Which should be common sense to anyone who has looked at a release schedule and seen that different stores begin selling the same amiibo on different days. Or clear to anyone who has noticed Canada already selling NA amiibo that our stores haven't been selling yet. Or plain as day to anyone that has heard of Nintendo World selling everything from Rosalina to Shulk to Sonic to whatever days or weeks before what you people call "Street Dates". Obviously, there is no street date.

It blows my fucking mind that you have a better grasp of the definition of the term than 98% of people around here and yet you still misuse it. I guess everyone in Canada who sold North American Meta Knight Amiibos broke street date huh? Use your fucking head before starting an argument.

Gamestop will include Shulk in a bundle with Xenoblade and a "New" 3DS. (kinda joking)
I'd put money down that they do an unofficial Xenoblade/Shulk bundle. They've done it with rare systems and accessories in the past as we all know.

I understand that, but if I was a store manager holding a product in my hand that was ringing up with a release date 10 months from now, I would most likely override the transaction if the customer were persistent enough.
If you're a manager you're going to know this.

Bingo. It's called a "release date" (or another generic term). one chosen by Best Buy. A completely arbitrary day that Best Buy has decided to sell this item.

Which is not to be confused with a "street date". A date that is set by the distributor which the retailer will not break due to the threat of tens of thousands of dollars of potential fines levied per copy sold. Just because you've read the phrase and said it yourself a thousand times before doesn't make using it any less incorrect. Amiibo don't have street dates. Stores can sell them when they get them. Which should be common sense to anyone who has looked at a release schedule and seen that different stores begin selling the same amiibo on different days. Or clear to anyone who has noticed Canada already selling NA amiibo that our stores haven't been selling yet. Or plain as day to anyone that has heard of Nintendo World selling everything from Rosalina to Shulk to Sonic to whatever days or weeks before what you people call "Street Dates". Obviously, there is no street date.

It blows my fucking mind that you have a better grasp of the definition of the term than 98% of people around here and yet you still misuse it. I guess everyone in Canada who sold North American Meta Knight Amiibos broke street date huh? Use your fucking head before starting an argument.

Look, I work at Best Buy. Fact of the matter is that all of the new waves of Amiibos have a street date, yes street date, in our system that the POS systems literally won't allow to process the sale when rung up noting in text across the screen that the item is street dated. Regardless of Amiibos not having street dates at other retailers they do at Best Buy. It functions exactly the same as every other street dated product (whether or not the company itself is the one imposing the dates in this instance) and it said Street Date 12/31/15 in the inventory system when manually looked up. Thats all there is too it.

Not looking to be crass here but what I'm telling you is 100% accurate, there is nothing to deliberate.

Nothing371, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Jeez, dude, we get it, you're anal about it. Take a chill pill. There is practically no difference between release date and street date.

You do realize you are basically making a huge deal over semantics.

Stop it.

I had a manager at BB give me the whole 20th street date for Ike and Meta Knight. I work retail so I know how soul crushing it is, she might have caved if I started yelling but I would've felt awful. 

litepink, on 11 Feb 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

I'd put money down that they do an unofficial Xenoblade/Shulk bundle. They've done it with rare systems and accessories in the past as we all know.
They haven't announced that the game won't be GS exclusive...

We're talking about Xenoblade Chronicles 3D?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/xenoblade-chronicles-3d/120264

http://www.amazon.com/Xenoblade-Chronicles-3D-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00T9Z8CHU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423721743&sr=8-3&keywords=xenoblade+chronicles+3ds

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-other/3246011.p?id=1219574978702&skuId=3246011

At this point it would have to be a Limited Edition or something like that for it to be exclusive so if it's a bundle that's there only chance at exclusive.

http://www.amazon.com/Xenoblade-Chronicles-3D-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00T9Z8CHU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423721743&sr=8-3&keywords=xenoblade+chronicles+3ds
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-other/3246011.p?id=1219574978702&skuId=3246011

At this point it would have to be a Limited Edition or something like that for it to be exclusive so if it's a bundle that's there only chance at exclusive.
Yeah I wasn't implying any exclusivity for the game, I can just picture a bundle for $53.98 selling the game+amiibo. Like when the Wii was hard to find and they were sold out of the $249.99 system but had bundles for sale with your choice of two $59.99 games and a third party sensor bar.

If the Gamestop Xenoblade Chronicles 3D with Shulk amiibo bundle does happen, you know that it's going to look like this:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Shulk amiibo

Peach amiibo

Yoshi amiibo

Luigi amiibo

Donkey Kong amiibo

3DS ac adapter

Exclusively at Gamestop for $125!

They could just bundle it with a "used" xenoblade chronicles on the wii. Could even be a "used" Shulk amiibo with it for 150.00 bucks.
It doesn't even need to be a english Shulk for a "Bundle" they could package a foreign one in the bundle after all it'd be pretty hard to tell it's a english shulk outside of the amiibo casing on the back of it's original box and you wouldn't be able to see the code on the bottom of his stand while he's in the bundle box.

So is it confirmed that all stores (BB, target, tru) will have the rest of the amiibos on friday. Mega, ike, dedede.
Target will likely not have any of the 2nd half of wave 3 in store per a internal memo.

Best But will likely only have Sonic as Dedede Ike and Mega Man are the 20th in their system so they cant sell them anyways.

Gamestop has Ike and Dedede listed as the 13th and Sonic and Mega man as the 20th. I think. Might have the figures flipped by the 2 per dates work.

Toys R Us is your best bet as they had all 4 listed as the 13th.

Target will likely not have any of the 2nd half of wave 3 in store per a internal memo.

Best But will likely only have Sonic as Dedede Ike and Mega Man are the 20th in their system so they cant sell them anyways.

Gamestop has Ike and Dedede listed as the 13th and Sonic and Mega man as the 20th. I think. Might have the figures flipped by the 2 per dates work.

Toys R Us is your best bet as they had all 4 listed as the 13th.
Well dang, now I have to decide if I want to get 15 minutes late to work Friday morning just to stop by Toys R Us. Hmm.

GS is going to swoop in at the last moment and get all the copies just like with the MM XL! I would really hope Nintendo would have the sense not to let GS do that again and if they bothered to remake the game and make it they're flagship for the updated hardware they wouldn't make it exclusive.

Jeez, dude, we get it, you're anal about it. Take a chill pill. There is practically no difference between release date and street date.
Really? Then no, no you don't get it at all. LOL.

Look, I work at Best Buy. Fact of the matter is that all of the new waves of Amiibos have a street date, yes street date, in our system that the POS systems literally won't allow to process the sale when rung up noting in text across the screen that the item is street dated. Regardless of Amiibos not having street dates at other retailers they do at Best Buy. It functions exactly the same as every other street dated product (whether or not the company itself is the one imposing the dates in this instance) and it said Street Date 12/31/15 in the inventory system when manually looked up. Thats all there is too it.

Not looking to be crass here but what I'm telling you is 100% accurate, there is nothing to deliberate.
Fact of the matter is that no, Amiibo do not have street dates. As proven to you by the countless examples I listed previously. Just because Best Buy doesn't sell Sheik or Toon Link until 2/1 does not mean they have street dates of 2/1. Correlation is not causation. Your register blinks a warning to you, the same way they did in 1999 when they were installed, that does not mean it's the heavenly truth. That's just the way it exists in your blue and yellow world. Your almighty store can throw around improper jargon as much as they'd like. Employees have been doing it since inception. It's nothing new.

People like you that propagate all the misinformation around here is what I have a real problem with. A guy comes here excited to post that he got a manager override to sell him Meta Knight early and your responses are "Incredibly unlikely" and "because the registers won't allow it". Yeah pal, we know that. But you think that because you have a job there, that gives you the authority to basically call him a liar. Two days ago you wouldn't have even been able to tell anyone that Best Buy would be selling Meta Knight on 2/20 so what do you even know anyways.

Look, I work at Best Buy.
Yes. Yes, you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back