Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
In went to BBY and asked at customer service for Meta Knight. The lady got a supervisor to get it but the system would not allow the sale so he put a hold on it and stuck it in his personal bin in the back to not sale. He gave me his business card.

I am working next Friday so I would be unable to get it.

I'm hoping it is there next Friday.

Looking at all the amiibos I have collected, not one has its name in different languages except KingD. Unless there's something I don't know about him, any answers would help make me feel better about purchase. Right now I feel like I got scammed from TRU selling an import lol.
You've purchased the NA edition. A few are labeled this way, Captain Falcon, WFT and Villager.

And with today, I am officially out of the hunt. Im not gonna waste my time anymore trying to outsmart some other dude who can afford to spend 2 hrs waiting before opening just to snatch them all up. It was frustrating and fun while it lasted. I wish everyone the best of luck.
See guys they won't be hard to hunt forever people give up and quit all the time.

Don't let it stress you out. You win some, you lose some. Lots of dudes can't stand the rejection. or striking out more than they score.

All these figures will probably be for sale online or replenished in-store for the next few weeks. Just keep following the updates and don't make irl sacrifices in order to hunt. This is supposed to be fun. Finally getting them all in your collection isn't going to be some euphoric reward of overwhelming joy. Just take it easy.

Wow thanks for the heads up, I guess the OCD in me got me paranoid that I ran to TRU for nothing lol. Thank you guys for clearing that up!

The Mega Man order I was able to sneak on Target.com this morning is in backordered status.  I guess it was just a fluke that I got through.  At least my MM3DSXL order shipped.

So has only Toys R Us been spotted to have the Wave3B amiibos today? Sounds like Best Buy and Walmart may be having stocking problems based on the lmited reading I've done.

Also, has Target had the Wave3B amiibos online yet? Wonder if I'm wasting my time constantlly refreshing the page. Edit: Excluding the Mega Man fluke earlier.

And to be helpful, looks like Amazon has the pages for the Super Mario Amibos up again. Don't know if that's been mentioned yet. All are out of stock of course.

GUYS! I NEVER PREORDERED IRON MAN AMIIBO?? OMGWTFBBQ!!!

I QUIT!

anyway glad many of you are having luck. I'm banking on TRU holding my in store preorders from Dec. Gonna try and pick them up after work. Then hit GS for N3dsXL and I should have a MM Ltd ed on my doorstep tonight.

3 day weekend is gonna be sweet!

Wow thanks for the heads up, I guess the OCD in me got me paranoid that I ran to TRU for nothing lol. Thank you guys for clearing that up!
Yeah, also dunno if anyone mentioned it but the EUR version are all numbered in the top right corner. I wish the US ones numbered them like that but they just say "6+". On the other hand, I open mine so I guess the numbering doesnt matter.

So has only Toys R Us been spotted to have the Wave3B amiibos today? Sounds like Best Buy and Walmart may be having stocking problems based on the lmited reading I've done.

Also, has Target had the Wave3B amiibos online yet? Wonder if I'm wasting my time constantlly refreshing the page. Edit: Excluding the Mega Man fluke earlier.

And to be helpful, looks like Amazon has the pages for the Super Mario Amibos up again. Don't know if that's been mentioned yet. All are out of stock of course.
Walmart doesn't have stocking problems, they have Walmart problems. Ever notice how their Amiibo pegs are like mixed in with clearance junk and third party crap?

I'd like a king dedede. Hopefully target or toys r us has one. Only one I didn't preorder that I now want. After getting meta knight I want all kirby characters

Where is your goddamn Best Buy?

I was also just able to get in on the $49.99 Amazon MM LE just now. Here's a fun story.... An hour ago at Best Buy in Phoenix they put out Meta Knight and all of the new ones, but not at the open (because that would be too nice) but 9 minutes after. I went back in 10 minutes after store opening to pickup a previous order, just to find out they let 2 guys buy a BOX full of Meta Knight.
What BBY was this specifically? I assume there are a few in Phoenix.

Toon Link is in stock at walmart.com for those who are interested!
Toon Link is practically a Wal-Mart exclusive as far as I've concerned. I've been to two Toys R Us stores and four Best Buy locations over the past week and haven't seen him at any of them, but I found a full of peg of them at two separate Wal-Marts.

The TRU in Citrus Heights, CA received two KD3, two Sonic, and seven Mega Man. There was a line starting at 8 this morning. These were the numbers after pre-orders were filled. This store didn't receive any Ikes, but another store received quite a few Ikes and none of the others (so was word of mouth in the line). 

I was able to pick up all three. I didn't realize people had their kids buying these things. Some people were showing up right before the store opened and were pissed.

I'm just  glad this location had a ticketing system. I've read some horror stories this morning of some being a free-for-all.

I am like a beast when its time to go pickup my amiibos. I know I have nothing to worry with my current TRU but best buy lol I dont trust those bastards no matter what promises they make next week cant come fast enough

Hey do you guys think an NA Shulk for NA Marth is good trade? IDK, maybe i can get one of the Marth reprints, opinions?
Yeah, good trade. Just make sure it's NA. Shulk is already being reprinted. Marth, not yet.

I stopped by a different BBY and they had my Mega Man pre-order in stock. They gave it to me today.

So did target sell MM n3ds in store today or online?

I'm still salty that BB cancelled me, even w the free $50

I'd impulse buy one today in a heartbeat.

Both picture Rosalina remember how it went online for the quick second while everyone was waiting in stores.....same thing

Yeah, most of the stores around me got 2-3 in stock which went immediately at opening. I ordered 2 from the website at 9:06am CST but everyone is in fear of mass cancellations because they were available to purchase for a really long time. They were up for over 30min before I left my house to check on Amiibos at TRU. Not sure how long they stayed up but everyone bought a ton.

What's the chances of Shulk showing up on Gamestop's website for a third time? I was on my drive home yesterday when he went up and I wasn't able to get an order placed in time.

Mays Landing NJ Best Buy update:

4 sheiks
About 6 toon links
Employee said he believed they were getting about 6 meta knights next Friday

I don't need any of the above, but wanted to forward info

I met one of the best (or THE best) people I've ever encountered in the Amiibo/Nintendo community today.  I'll try to keep this short:

I was running around to pick up my N3DSXL and, since I was near a TRU, figured why not swing by and see if I have a shot at picking up any of the new Amiibos today (particularly Sonic.)  It was about 20 minutes before opening, 4 guys already waiting, and a sign out front saying they had 4 Sonic, 4 Mega Man, 2 Dedede and 0 Ike.  Best Buy is right around the corner and, since I'd heard rumblings about Sonic being there, decide to give it a shot.

There are about 7-8 people over there looking for Amiibos, MM3DS, etc.  I was making conversation about just mainly looking for Sonic, since I don't care too much for the others and I have a Japanese Dedede coming from eBay.  Once the store opens, it's nothing but the usual selection.  Now that TRU has been open a few minutes I figure, what the hell, I'll go back on a whim and see if anything is there.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but a guy near me in line at BB has also gone over there to pick up his preorder and, since he also has a Sonic preordered and ready to be picked up at BB, he sells me his extra Sonic right there on the spot for $12.

It was such a cool and rare gesture, when so many would squeeze out every penny by putting it on eBay, so...if that was you and you're a CAGer. thank you again, that was just so cool of you and completely unexpected.

i pre ordered a Shulk from GS yesterday and they said it will ship to me on May i was like WTF i wonder if thats the right date or if thats just a date they are using tell they get more in o_0

A couple of Best Buys list Megaman as being in stock, but give me an error when I try to add to my cart for in store pick up. Does this mean that they're probably already on hold for other peoples in store pick up but haven't been sold and cleared from inventory yet?

A couple of Best Buys list Megaman as being in stock, but give me an error when I try to add to my cart for in store pick up. Does this mean that they're probably already on hold for other peoples in store pick up but haven't been sold and cleared from inventory yet?

Been like that for weeks for anything wave 3 outside of Bowser.

[quote name="spmahn" post="12497528" timestamp="1423856072"]A couple of Best Buys list Megaman as being in stock, but give me an error when I try to add to my cart for in store pick up. Does this mean that they're probably already on hold for other peoples in store pick up but haven't been sold and cleared from inventory yet?[/quote]

Locked for sale until 2/20

Went to TRU to pick up my preorders just now. Got a Sonic, Mega Man, and an Ike. They had nothing else left that was new. As I was in line, a little boy inquired about Sonic Amiibos. I was not moved. Sorry, kid. Mommy should have preordered.  Amiibos are for closers.

Went to TRU to pick up my preorders just now. Got a Sonic, Mega Man, and an Ike. They had nothing else left that was new. As I was in line, a little boy inquired about Sonic Amiibos. I was not moved. Sorry, kid. Mommy should have preordered. Amiibos are for closers.
Haha that's hilarious, at least you pre-ordered and were prepared and weren't like that neckbeard I heard who tried to take Sonic from some kid's cart when their parents weren't looking.

Went to TRU to pick up my preorders just now. Got a Sonic, Mega Man, and an Ike. They had nothing else left that was new. As I was in line, a little boy inquired about Sonic Amiibos. I was not moved. Sorry, kid. Mommy should have preordered. Amiibos are for closers.
Made me laugh out loud for real. True story.

[quote name="Amonthar" post="12497657" timestamp="1423857724"]I just got mine from BBY. The pre-orders are in. The guy was told since TRU is selling them, they can. They rang it up under Bowser's SKU.

I had the only pre-order.[/quote]

They're not supposed to do this. This is an exceptional situation for you.

Has Gamestop gotten their Ike's and Dedede's in yet?

Have those ordered for in-store but haven't gotten a call.

Is Gamestop supposed to get Ike and King Dedede today or the 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back