Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Target OOS already. They give us these random early morning 10 minute windows For pre orders. The entire series is down now.

Has anyone gotten Sheik from Gamestop yet? I got a text on Wednesday saying mine would be in on Thursday, went to pick it up yesterday morning and instead they had my Toon Link and Shulk and said they hadn't even gotten a shipment of Sheik yet...

Has anyone gotten Sheik from Gamestop yet? I got a text on Wednesday saying mine would be in on Thursday, went to pick it up yesterday morning and instead they had my Toon Link and Shulk and said they hadn't even gotten a shipment of Sheik yet...
Yeah, Sheik arrived at my local GameStop the same day as Shulk.

In the Play-Asia's email update this morning here is what they had on amiibos:

Once again, it is a sad moment for us to share with you that we are unable to fulfill any orders for the US region amiibos. Because of the supply shortage from Nintendo, we regret having to inform you that all pre-orders right now are on hold and are on back-ordered status.

Unlike other major American retailers, we have not yet canceled any orders, only because we have been seeking new suppliers from Australia and the United Kingdom, as they have expressed to us that there is a possibility of being able to get these coveted region free figurines.

And like other retailers, Nintendo never gave us an indication that the stock levels would be so dangerously low, and we only opened pre-orders under the guarantee from our previous suppliers that we would be able to get them. As such, recent updates have left things in the current state; despite this, we are always trying our best to honor our customers' needs.

The only official update from Nintendo regarding future reprints of the amiibos have been from an Associated Press Interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, and the following was answered:

AP: If you discontinue certain "amiibo" figures, will you continue to include them digitally in future games?

Miyamoto: We're not making promises for certain figures, but the way "amiibo" is designed is that certain games can have "amiibo" specifically for that game. Other games can take advantage of past "amiibo" that developers want to make their game compatible with. In the future, we have the option, if certain "amiibo" figures are no longer available in stores, to release an "amiibo" in card form with the same functionality.

Regardless, we know how much people want these figures, and we will keep you all updated when we receive confirmation from our suppliers. Please understand that if we cannot get them we will ultimately have to cancel the pre-orders, but before that happens, we will try our utmost best to source the amiibos as soon as possible.

We thank you for all the patience you've given us, and we appreciate your understanding regarding the amiibo shortage.

t's funny, it turns out the lack of little mac amiibos is due to a translation error.

Nintendo spent years watching how much money Activision was making off of skylanders, so they built similar tech into the Wii U gamepad. They were planning the amiibos for years, trying to figure out what the right combination of characters and marketing would be. So they hired an economist and a team of psychologists to come up with the right quantity, percentages, and the order that the amiibos should come out. All of this work was done at Nintendo's HQ in Japan. Finally, they announced the amiibos with fairly short notice, since the figures had already gone into production. It turns out the development team decided Little Mac should be the 15th figure to come out (this is important later). They wanted to have a good mix of old and new characters, popular and unknowns. By releasing the figures in waves, they could generate more and more press, as they lowered the production quantities of a few figures each time. In most regions, supply and demand were pretty even. Even the 'rare' figures were only produced in slightly smaller quantities when you look at the overall percentages. Unfortunately, Nintendo didn't translate the order right when they sent it to the US production facility. Instead of making Little Mac the 15th figure to come out, they only made 15 of the amiibos.

All the detective work was done in this video

I went to TRU yesterday, just before they closed, after all the crazyness and see if I could get a Ike and Dedede. No luck of course, but they had like... 16 Toon Links. The guy there seemed convinced that they're gonna get more and it's just that it's a supply issue with Nintendo. 

Well... here's hoping.

We got more of Pit at least after the initial wave of shortages. It's just a question of whose going to the falcon in the bunch that basically never shows up in a steady quantity 

Anyone get shipping notification from Target on their orders yesterday? I woke up this morning with a shipping notification already on my Ike that I placed yesterday.

So yesterday I get in line at 6:00am at the Bike Store before I goto Toy R Us and there are already 5 people in line.....

The first guy buys 3 bikes.....I was a little worried by the time it came to me there wouldn't be any bikes left before TRU opened.

Just now scored fox at toysrus, they had a TON of toon link, looks like that's going to be some what common. Also, I was talkin to a manager and was told they had got 7 lucarios last night at 7pm but they all sold ASAP. Damn lol.

When did the order the Ike? I ordered during the afternoon and haven't gotten anything. People who ordered in the morningish period seemd to have gotten their shipping confirms 

So yesterday I get in line at 6:00am at the Bike Store before I goto Toy R Us and there are already 5 people in line.....

The first guy buys 3 bikes.....I was a little worried by the time it came to me there wouldn't be any bikes left before TRU opened.
Not sure why, but I can't get enough of the bike jokes.

We got more of Pit at least after the initial wave of shortages. It's just a question of whose going to the falcon in the bunch that basically never shows up in a steady quantity
As far as online ordering went, Pit was much harder to find than Captain Falcon was. There for a while CF was available on GS & AMZ for hours on end several days in a row while Pit sold out in minutes every time.

As far as retail goes I wouldn't know as I never saw either out in the wild. I'm not even sure anyone other than my TRU ever even got any in.

In order to avoid shipping fees, I got a Yoshi and 3 Toad amiibo figures at Target.com. I rather buy an extra amiibo to avoid paying shipping fees.

Did anyone who ordered Rosalina and/or Lucario from Amazon.fr not yet receive their package?  Mine shipped weeks ago, said estimated delivery was Jan. 30.  Obviously no tracking...I chatted with them just now and they're refunding me the cost, but I'd like the figures.  Just wondering if it's possibly held up in customs or something and if I still have hope of receiving them, or if it's a lost cause at this point.

As far as online ordering went, Pit was much harder to find than Captain Falcon was. There for a while CF was available on GS & AMZ for hours on end several days in a row while Pit sold out in minutes every time.

As far as retail goes I wouldn't know as I never saw either out in the wild. I'm not even sure anyone other than my TRU ever even got any in.
Pit however's gotten a lot more stocks then Falcon. I remember Falcon never being online for much while Pit and even LM were online for repeated periods of time

Pit however's gotten a lot more stocks then Falcon. I remember Falcon never being online for much while Pit and even LM were online for repeated periods of time
Wow! I think its the other way around. From what I've seen, it was Captain Falcon that was more readily available while Pit made a brief appearance at Amazon. As for Little Mac, I only saw Little Mac from my local retailers from pre-orders only, no extras and never made an appearance after that.

Wow! I think its the other way around. From what I've seen, it was Captain Falcon that was more readily available while Pit made a brief appearance at Amazon. As for Little Mac, I only saw Little Mac from my local retailers from pre-orders only, no extras and never made an appearance after that.
I agree, it's the other way around. When you look at the popularity of the serieses in question, F-Zero is way more prevalent than Kid Icarus, which is more prevalent than Punch Out!.

If anyone still needs Fox there is one in Ohio Xenia GameStop. It has a damaged box as one of the corners is pretty bent. I am sure they will give you a discount. It was there when I was in store last night looking around. You might call first if you are traveling or what not. Just figured I would let people know.

Not sure why, but I can't get enough of the bike jokes.
I was gonna go back to the "bike guy" Target myself yesterday morning early to try and get a MM 3DSXL system, but my work schedule got shifted around and I couldn't go. Luckily I got the system when they popped up online. I'll have to go there for the next big Amiibo release (SMB wave maybe?) and hope he's there again so I can get record a video. Doing it got him at least one Rosalina so there's a chance he'll try again.

Really? Looking back at my amazon order history during my flipping phase I got way more pits and LM's and only 2 falcons near the end of wave 2. Pit and LM would routinely come back at NW but falcon only showed up twice too. Eh

Did anyone who ordered Rosalina and/or Lucario from Amazon.fr not yet receive their package? Mine shipped weeks ago, said estimated delivery was Jan. 30. Obviously no tracking...I chatted with them just now and they're refunding me the cost, but I'd like the figures. Just wondering if it's possibly held up in customs or something and if I still have hope of receiving them, or if it's a lost cause at this point.
Mine was supposed to arrive on jan 29th and I got it this week. There is a thread on reddit about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2vcmx5/us_imports_new_updated_amazoncouk_and_amazonfr/

Have we heard anything about Ike and Dedede at GS?  At the start of the week those two and Shulk were supposed to be in yesterday (13th) but then Shulk showed up on his own two days earlier (the 12th).

Have we heard anything about Ike and Dedede at GS? At the start of the week those two and Shulk were supposed to be in yesterday (13th) but then Shulk showed up on his own two days earlier (the 12th).
I called my GS last night and no word yet. I'm guessing they'll get them sometime early next week.

This one really pisses me off... in case you want to hear "Jerk Hoarder Screws All" story #752...

I had to work this morning but my girlfriend was awesome enough to get up early and go to Target for me.
I asked her to try and be there at 7:30

She gets there at 6:45 cuz she's amazing and is #2 in line.
More people start arriving around 7:30.
Jerk on a bike arrives at 7:45.
Doors open at 8:00 and jerk rides his bike into the store.

The rest of the line walks calmly to the electronics department where jerk on bike had just finished buying every Rosalina figure.

How the F was a per person limit not a standard policy on something like this? My g/f doesn't like to stir up trouble in stores but I'm definitely going to be going down there to get a manager and raise some hell.

But in the meantime, I'm super glad you guys gave a heads up and I was able to get an online order. CAGs rule!

This needs to be pinned for the rookies just joining us this month.

Ike, Sonic, and Megaman all shipped from Target.com order yesterday. Knew I shouldn't have wasted my time at TRU yesterday morning. They had 1 Ike, 3 Dedede, 3 Sonic, 6 Megaman. Line was 15 deep by 9:30am lol. So glad I was able to grab all 3 on Target.com in the afternoon. Now when are they gonna put up King Dedede for sale dammit!!! :)

If anyone still needs Fox there is one in Ohio Xenia GameStop. It has a damaged box as one of the corners is pretty bent. I am sure they will give you a discount. It was there when I was in store last night looking around. You might call first if you are traveling or what not. Just figured I would let people know.
Are you the guy on craigslist from Xenia trying to sell amiibos? Must be nice living in a city out in the middle of nowhere where people don't know about amiibos lol.

In order to avoid shipping fees, I got a Yoshi and 3 Toad amiibo figures at Target.com. I rather buy an extra amiibo to avoid paying shipping fees.
yoshi will be uncommon next to toad

Did anyone who ordered Rosalina and/or Lucario from Amazon.fr not yet receive their package? Mine shipped weeks ago, said estimated delivery was Jan. 30. Obviously no tracking...I chatted with them just now and they're refunding me the cost, but I'd like the figures. Just wondering if it's possibly held up in customs or something and if I still have hope of receiving them, or if it's a lost cause at this point.
i had a package come a few weeks after the delivery date. My packages without tracking usually take atleast a month. I have received my rosalina yesterday but not my lucario yet.

I agree, it's the other way around. When you look at the popularity of the serieses in question, F-Zero is way more prevalent than Kid Icarus, which is more prevalent than Punch Out!.
there was a captain falcon at my TRU yesterday that came with all the 3B amiibos.

Really wish Dedede and Ike would go live for sale.  That would totally make my weekend to be able to cross the entire wave off my list besides Meta Knight.  C'mon Target, don't let us down!

I ordered from them in Jan, it shipped Jan 21 and arrived last week. I wouldn't worry, it can sometimes take a bit long.

This needs to be pinned for the rookies just joining us this month.
Ummmm no it doesn't. Based on the aggressive nature of those waiting in line for hours..... there is no way this story is true. Maybe the bike rider was able to buy 1 or 2 Rosalinas but not the entire lot! Plus..... there is no way he would have made it out of that store unless everyone in line was a coward which I find hard to believe. Maybe parts of this story are true but no way jose.

Thats my two cents

Plus.... the rookies will learn really quick how cutthroat the Amiibo business is soon enough

Ummmm no it doesn't. Based on the aggressive nature of those waiting in line for hours..... there is no way this story is true. Maybe the bike rider was able to buy 1 or 2 Rosalinas but not the entire lot! Plus..... there is no way he would have made it out of that store unless everyone in line was a coward which I find hard to believe. Maybe parts of this story are true but no way jose.

Thats my two cents

Plus.... the rookies will learn really quick how cutthroat the Amiibo business is soon enough
Later on we found out the bike rider actually bought 1, but Avatar's girlfriend was trolling him. Makes the story that much better.

After the experience I'm having with bestbuy right now with the LE and 3ds being stuck on preparing order for past few days, I was reluctant to cancel my Amazon order for MP10 bundle to reorder on bestbuy with GCU for a couple bucks cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back