Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy that a toy that is meant to be taken out of the box and played with that costs $12.99 isn't packaged in an iron crate, stuffed with fluffy bunnies, and hand walked to your house from the warehouse??? The stores don't give 2 shits if the packaging while shipping gets bent on a cheap product.....hell the Dodge Hellcat is shipped on an uncovered car carrier without any plastic protection on it, and that's a $60,000 item.
A car is self-packaged with metal and aluminum. Just sayin'. :whistle2:

Last edited by a moderator:
So is it safe to say that Diddy, Toon Link and Shiek are commons or at least not rare enough to open? Did the 3 for $33 at TRU yesterday and got Toon Link, Link, and Zelda, then Sheik arrived yesterday afternoon. I don't have enough room to display them in the boxes on my shelves and I do want to use them when I get me a Wii U

So is it safe to say that Diddy, Toon Link and Shiek are commons or at least not rare enough to open? Did the 3 for $33 at TRU yesterday and got Toon Link, Link, and Zelda, then Sheik arrived yesterday afternoon. I don't have enough room to display them in the boxes on my shelves and I do want to use them when I get me a Wii U
I saw like... 16 Toon Links at TRU last night and few Diddys. no Shieks though.

*imagines life sized amiibos being delivered on car carriers* oh the packaging...

Got a WIS order for Shulk this morning. Have to wait a few months for shipping but I'm okay with that.

Still waiting on my Ike from Amazon. Starting to think I'm not going to get it, so I hope Gamestop comes through for me with the online to store order I placed with them a few months ago.

What's the status on Ike with Gamestop, anyway? Have they actually received any yet?

Crazy that a toy that is meant to be taken out of the box and played with that costs $12.99 isn't packaged in an iron crate, stuffed with fluffy bunnies, and hand walked to your house from the warehouse??? The stores don't give 2 shits if the packaging while shipping gets bent on a cheap product.....hell the Dodge Hellcat is shipped on an uncovered car carrier without any plastic protection on it, and that's a $60,000 item.
This, but I ordered 3 from BestBuy and they were stuff in a bubble mailer.

I worked in a logistics / shipping capacity for many years.

The general message is to ship something so the product doesn't get damaged. No one cares about the packing of a product.

If you are selling something high value, you need to pack it better, but these are $12. With UPS and FEDEX now using dimensional weight, box use will get less frequent from everyone. It was needed because Amazon would ship in these gigantic boxes that were completely unnecessary.

I saw like... 16 Toon Links at TRU last night and few Diddys. no Shieks though.
yeah I saw about the same for toon link at TRU, sheik I think is close to being common, but not really. The only store I ever see that has alot of sheiks is TRU, but other stores not that many.

I saw some bitching on a thread somewhere that the 3 Kirby amiibos "break" the Kirby game that comes out next week. I wonder where this speculation is coming from...were journalism reviewers provided Dedede's and Metaknight amiibos in addition to early copies of the game?

Anyone know how long Gamestop is allowed to keep pre-ordered amiibos before other customers can purchase them. There are a about a dozen shulks sitting behind the counter of my local GS that people haven't picked up yet...

Anyone know how long Gamestop is allowed to keep pre-ordered amiibos before other customers can purchase them. There are a about a dozen shulks sitting behind the counter of my local GS that people haven't picked up yet...
48hrs. with manager discretion. YMMV.

Hmm. In that case I'll hit up my GS tomorrow then. Went in today and the employee there said come back in on Tuesday. But he also said that they weren't doing in store pre-order for the May Shulks and I'd have to pre-order them through the website which was wrong.

Every GS I visited had their remaining pre-orders magically disappear on the morning they should have become available. Even though they had remains the night before that people didn't pick up. I'm sure they give them all to the employees.

yeah I saw about the same for toon link at TRU, sheik I think is close to being common, but not really. The only store I ever see that has alot of sheiks is TRU, but other stores not that many.
Was going too ask about Sheik as we received a shipment of them and was wondering if they would be worth picking up for trading for others.

Wow! My local Wal-Mart actually has bowser, Zelda, Luigi in addition to wave 1 commons.

Who cares? Yeah I know, but it's a huge improvement compared to every time I looked for months of lonely peach.

Also, in store price tags reflect the 9.99 drop on dk, peach.

I tried to pick one up after 48hrs and got denied but i got wis

Every GS I visited had their remaining pre-orders magically disappear on the morning they should have become available. Even though they had remains the night before that people didn't pick up. I'm sure they give them all to the employees.
True, I swear SOME employees there are shady af. I went in 2 days ago and was talking to one employee and he said they had 7 shulks that were still there but the people who pre order didn't pick them up yet. Then he tells me call friday and see if we still have some left. So I call right when the store opens and got some bitch that told me yeah we still have them but I still have to call the people to let them know there preorders are still here. And I say okay, when should I call back? She says 12. I did that and she tells me, oh i haven't "called them yet" BULLSHIT. But luckily they were still doing WIS for shulk so I ended up doing that.

If I was a retailer, I would be so annoyed at Nintendo. These things must have low markups and be a real hassle for employees.
Bingo. I was picking up my 3DS yesterday at a Gamestop and the guy got a phone call. The caller was asking a myriad of questions before the employee said "I'm really sorry, but I have to go as I have customers lining up." The guy hung up and was totally stressed out before saying to me "Dude, this whole amiibo thing is killing us..."

Finally stopped to check my amiibo count today.  I am up to date with everything expect for those I have pre-ordered:

WalMart: Sonic has shipped.  Dedede and Ike are scheduled to ship on 2/20

BestBuy: Mega Man and Meta Knight are scheduled to ship on 2/20

Cancelled my Super Mario pre-orders and just waiting on pre-orders for the next wave...

Its smart. Target stores aren't getting extra traffic from these. People are buying them and walking out.
Pretty much. The NW employees are nice about it too but they've been pushed to their limits by crazies asking to inspect every amiibo in the back counter for the perfect one

Found out I didn't get contacted about my pre-order because the Gamestop computer at the store didn't recognize the online order. When I went in today, they looked up the list of reservations on Sheik and my name was there. I'm also still locked in for Sonic, Megaman, and Ike, so GS is seriously coming through on their pre-orders.

Things got better when I was heading out after picking up Sheik, the store manager asked if I wanted to buy a Shulk. Turns out some guy ordered 6 at that store and they only let him have 2. I gave up on getting Shulk a while ago, so that was awesome.

Found out I didn't get contacted about my pre-order because the Gamestop computer at the store didn't recognize the online order. When I went in today, they looked up the list of reservations on Sheik and my name was there. I'm also still locked in for Sonic, Megaman, and Ike, so GS is seriously coming through on their pre-orders.

Things got better when I was heading out after picking up Sheik, the store manager asked if I wanted to buy a Shulk. Turns out some guy ordered 6 at that store and they only let him have 2. I gave up on getting Shulk a while ago, so that was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back