Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally picked up my Shulk reserve after getting yelled at by the manager to pick it up so people would stop calling them~ lol I worked at GS when Skylanders was first big and it was nowhere near as bad as this. 

Okay, I have Mega Man, Sonic, King Dedede, and Ike pre-purchased in my local Gamestop store. Manager says they don't have too many preorders. I preordered in early Jan. Anyone had experience with instore pre-orders with gamestop? Can I trust them? Don't mind waiting but I don't wont to start hitting the scalpers after the prices jump.
So far all my GS preorders have been fine.

But my store is an exception to the rule, and will not sell a preordered item to another customer even after 48hrs.

I've ordered all of wave 3 and Shulk and all have come through, though I cancelled toon link and bowser since TRU beat GS by a week, I gave my sheik to an employee who didn't pre-order, I traded a rosalina for a Shulk as well.

I have no doubt they'll have my 3b's next week, even though I already picked up all 4 at TRU yesterday.

My KDDD packaging is damaged though so I'm hoping GS has a pristine king for me and I can open the damaged one. He looks great though, nice detail, heavy weight too.

Thanks. She loves my amiibo. I have them all. She plays with the more common ones. Yesterday, we had a tea party with them. For some reason when she first saw Sonic she said, "he stinks." He doesn't smell any different than the rest. I told her Sonic was never good. :).
Friends don't let friends film in portrait mode.

I bought 10 Shulks to trade. Looking for Little Mac, Pit, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth, for each Shulk. Fair trade, right?
Pit, Villager, WFT and Marth can be obtained easily from overseas. Little Mac is the hardest to find so I don't think a one for one will work for him.

Pit, Villager, WFT and Marty can be obtained easily from overseas. Little Mac is the hardest to find so I don't think a one for one will work for him.
Pit's doable but nothing overly rare's gonna be traded by those patient. GS is still doing in store orders for may shipments

So is it pretty much time to resign yourself to the fact that unless, you have no job and no life and can wait outside Toys R Us, Target, and Best Buy every single morning, or get lucky and get an order in online during the random 10 minute stretches where the become available, that the majority of these things simply won't be available at retail?

So is it pretty much time to resign yourself to the fact that unless, you have no job and no life and can wait outside Toys R Us, Target, and Best Buy every single morning, or get lucky and get an order in online during the random 10 minute stretches where the become available, that the majority of these things simply won't be available at retail?
Someone finally thinks the same way I do!

My Amazon preordered Ike came today! If Best Buy doesn't screw up my site-to-store Meta Knight preorder, then I'm officially through the first three waves without paying above retail, having to import, or spend money out of pocket (store credit/gift cards).

Question to you guys. Just realized my Metaknight order from Amazon.fr would come out to like 41$ and still take till like the first week of March to arrive.

Would it be smarter to just cancel that and order one of the JP ones with Prime for 35$? My hope was to get 2 of each exclusive (I already have Shulk/Rosa/Lucario), but I doubt I'll get that lucky with BB. So I'd open the JP one and keep the one that BB (Hopefully) ships sealed. I feel like prices might shoot up after the hectic release Friday if I wait too long to order

Question to you guys. Just realized my Metaknight order from Amazon.fr would come out to like 41$ and still take till like the first week of March to arrive.

Would it be smarter to just cancel that and order one of the JP ones with Prime for 35$? My hope was to get 2 of each exclusive (I already have Shulk/Rosa/Lucario), but I doubt I'll get that lucky with BB. So I'd open the JP one and keep the one that BB (Hopefully) ships sealed. I feel like prices might shoot up after the hectic release Friday if I wait too long to order
That's shat happened right before Rosalina came out. I paid $27 for my Meta Knight.

Ah, I should have clarified. STORE credit. As in, I have Amazon and GS credit. I edited the post to clarify.
Haha, that's fair. Sorry, I saw an opportunity to use that image and couldn't resist.

I'm with you - 28/29. Friday (or sooner if bby.com ships sooner) will wrap things up for this wave.

Bring on the wave 4 preorders!

Okay, I have Mega Man, Sonic, King Dedede, and Ike pre-purchased in my local Gamestop store. Manager says they don't have too many preorders. I preordered in early Jan. Anyone had experience with instore pre-orders with gamestop? Can I trust them? Don't mind waiting but I don't wont to start hitting the scalpers after the prices jump.
Gamestop seems to be the most reliable with pre-orders. I was talking about my pre-orders today with some of the guys there and they said they missed a Capt Falcon for one guy but managed to get one from another store that had a couple extra. 1 out of like 100 isn't too bad.

Anyone else pre-ordered on Gamestop's website in December only to have the order "closed" but have the order amount as whatever it was as opposed to "0.00" like most cancelled orders, because according to live chat my Closed wave 3 orders were cancelled despite never receiving any sort of notification. (ship to store,for reference)

I would just wait. I know in England (where I currently am) meta knight doesn't come out until the 20th which I guess is the same for the rest of Europe as well. After that date if you can't get it from best buy the price to import from Europe should have gone down due to the amiibo being out in the stores. (Unless meta knight is a really low print run)

Mine are the same and they are still on reserve in the store's system. Apparently the instore and online orders have trouble talking to each other sometimes. When you go in-store to pick up, tell them to check the reservation list of the specific amiibo. Your name should be there.

Gamestop seems to be the most reliable with pre-orders. I was talking about my pre-orders today with some of the guys there and they said they missed a Capt Falcon for one guy but managed to get one from another store that had a couple extra. 1 out of like 100 isn't too bad.
I only did wave 3 preorders with Gamestop and they've been fine, if a bit slow. They were probably next to last as far as receiving Bowser, Toon Link and Sheik - and they seem to be going to the same way with the other half.

Amazon has been the most reliable imo. I ordered all three waves from them, got all three waves. I haven't heard any cancellations from them either. The only rub is their wacky delivery estimate emails which don't inspire confidence.

Lol how did someone even find this? I wouldn't have even thought to try the button.

Says Add to Cart now.

Anyone else pre-ordered on Gamestop's website in December only to have the order "closed" but have the order amount as whatever it was as opposed to "0.00" like most cancelled orders, because according to live chat my Closed wave 3 orders were cancelled despite never receiving any sort of notification. (ship to store,for reference)
When I picked up my Shulk yesterday, they told me that they have my pre-orders for all of my other orders that were marked as closed with the balance showing as $0.

They also told me they're initiating a 1 per person limit on amiibo going forward due to scalpers... even though I had 2 of Mega Man and Sonic. But he'd let me buy two if I pre-paid for both. I said whatever and paid for them.

Probably should have bought him without thinking, but I'm fairly confident at least 1/2 preorders will come through so it's just extra work to cancel/return. Sold out anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back