Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I was going to say. I listed my 3DS XL on there and I got an offer for $50. The guy was not joking.
Yea, I've had plenty of lowball offer experiences on Craigslist, but this is the first person that literally sent me textual PMS after I declined to take a lower offer.

Good god, this really is the end of days.
I mean it makes sense, Gamestop is a dedicated video game store and the people that work there know video games. I could absolutely see someone at Best Buy or TRU getting an in store pickup request for an Amiibo and responding with "WTF is this?" Meanwhile the entire case gets put out for sale and is gone before they can figure out what it was that was supposed to be held for pickup.

I wasn't able to get an order in for any of the 3b Amiibos when they went up yesterday, since first Ike went out of stock just as I was trying to check out, followed by Mega Man when I tried again like a minute later, and I decided to say "screw it" when only Sonic was left and I wasn't able to get free shipping without ordering like four of him. Fast forward to this afternoon, and out of nowhere I get a shipping notification for my original order of each of them, without ever actually managing to complete the checkout or receiving an order confirmation email. No idea how that order actually went through, but I'm pleasantly surprised! Now to hope they show up in good shape...

I hate low ball CL'ers.  It's one thing to be cheap; but don't ever, EVER waste my time.  

One time I had a guy that flaked on buying something after we had decided on meeting up.  I think he was pissed because I wouldn't drive to him after I accepted his low ball offer (i just wanted to sell it) so he said we could meet in the middle.  I drove out and waited for about 15 minutes when he didn't show up, I shot off several emails to which he has still never responded.  A few weeks later, the same guy (not using the CL anonymous email response) responded to one of my other ads.  I forget what I was selling but it was about $10 less than the current retail price.  He tried to low ball again so I "accepted" his horrible offer and we made plans to meet up.  Then I told him to meet me in the ghetto (near his work) during his lunch break to make the sale and he could collect his prize of an successful negotiation.  So I stayed home and off he went.  That dude fired off several emails asking where I was 'cuz he was waiting in his car; wasting his lunch break.  Sitting at home 'bro. After about 30 minutes of him emailing me (and near the end of his lunch break) I emailed him back and told him I traded my cousin for $10 and some McDonalds 'cuz I was hungry.   Hope your lunch sucked dude.

I wasn't able to get an order in for any of the 3b Amiibos when they went up yesterday, since first Ike went out of stock just as I was trying to check out, followed by Mega Man when I tried again like a minute later, and I decided to say "screw it" when only Sonic was left and I wasn't able to get free shipping without ordering like four of him. Fast forward to this afternoon, and out of nowhere I get a shipping notification for my original order of each of them, without ever actually managing to complete the checkout or receiving an order confirmation email. No idea how that order actually went through, but I'm pleasantly surprised! Now to hope they show up in good shape...
If it eases your anxiety, so far all my amiibo figure orders from Target.com arrived safely.

I mean it makes sense, Gamestop is a dedicated video game store and the people that work there know video games. I could absolutely see someone at Best Buy or TRU getting an in store pickup request for an Amiibo and responding with "WTF is this?" Meanwhile the entire case gets put out for sale and is gone before they can figure out what it was that was supposed to be held for pickup.
While it does "make sense", GameStop has always had horrible consumer practices and plenty of us have been burned in multiple ways through the years... Not to mention they can be shady as shit.

I myself have had a few pre-orders totally botched by them in the past.

omg sorry about the spam fello CAGers.  Amiibos got my computer going haywire

Malagu - I'm tired of seeing Curry shaking his ass!  Please change that LOL Congrats to him winning the 3pt contest today though.  Are you from the bay?

While it does "make sense", GameStop has always had horrible consumer practices and plenty of us have been burned in multiple ways through the years... Not to mention they can be shady as shit.

I myself have had a few pre-orders totally botched by them in the past.
Yeah... Those bastards messed up my Monster Hunter CE preorder, good thing too, the CE doesn't look to well. I'll go get the game at BBY with $10 giftcard!

5 more days guys. What's our best bet on going to first? Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target? I'm thinking Best Buy due to Dedede, Ike and Meta Knight.

5 more days guys. What's our best bet on going to first? Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target? I'm thinking Best Buy due to Dedede, Ike and Meta Knight.
Well I've heard from a couple Best Buy employees that their stores got exactly 1 Dedede, but I suppose it's 5 days out and maybe they'll get more before Friday? I hope.

Well I've heard from a couple Best Buy employees that their stores got exactly 1 Dedede, but I suppose it's 5 days out and maybe they'll get more before Friday? I hope.
Yeah, I'm hoping. There's a Best Buy about 25 miles away, my local one is about 10 miles away. But i doubt there will be much traffic at the one that's farther away, I'm gonna get there a hour or 2 early though.

Swung by my closest best buy earlier this evening to pickup my store pickup copy of MH4. I don't think I've seen an amiibo section as pitiful as this except in Walmart. There were a couple Peach's warming a peg and a single Zelda a few pegs away. That was it. Wave 1 commons are actually atarting to really dry up. I haven't seen a Samus in quite some time now and I'm not seeing Pikachu's everywhere like before.

I can tell you my store so far only has enough of all the new figures to cover preorders. Yes, that includes MetaKnight. I pray we get more, last Friday was horrible enough with resellers yelling at me not having any new amiibos to sell. Sure, they couldn't tell me which they were looking for and just showed me pictures of ebay listings, but they WANTED them NOW. Oh, and if you call a Best Buy and they give you stock numbers, don't believe that's how many they will have available, very few employees know how to navigate the preorder report, and 98% of them that do will not be the ones answering the phones, and the inventory system does not take online preorders out of avaliable stock until the day before release, and it never takes in store preorders out of available stock, it's up to a smart employee to check the preorder report and hold them. Holy hell that's a run on sentence, but I'm not going to fix it.

Phoenix people, I'll let you know if my store gets more. I'm opening that day and will as always be put in charge of gaming releases. Oh, and if anyone needs a Kaos Trap from Skylanders let me know. I may know where you can get one ::cough::

I didn't want to import any, or pay more then MSRP, but my little girl wants Rosa.

Does anyone have a link to an import Rosa and Luma that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I tried Google but every over seas retailer I hit up was OOS.

Is finding an import Rosa (not on eBay or Amazon that's jacked up) a lost cause at this point?

I didn't want to import any, or pay more then MSRP, but my little girl wants Rosa.

Does anyone have a link to an import Rosa and Luma that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I tried Google but every over seas retailer I hit up was OOS.

Is finding an import Rosa (not on eBay or Amazon that's jacked up) a lost cause at this point?
You don't have anything to trade... She's basically long gone everywhere unless that May restock rumor proves true

You could try the trading thread to see if anyone has her up for trade and try to get what they're looking for? Best of luck!

Argh, even though the status online says 'preparing to ship' I just got an email saying my Sonic order from BB has been delayed :/

Sonic at Target has an add to cart option now. But you can't actually add any to your cart.

Ok, I live in a pretty major city and when I was at bestbuy, some dumb employee left his password in the computer and the rss system up. Since I know what to do, I looked up the meta knight info. There will be less metaknight than captain falcons/pit. I guarantee you that. If they don't get any more, friday is basically going to be a horror story. I don't know what the difference is between available and on hand, but it is not looking good for those who did not preorder him.

How much are you willing to spend on an import. It all pretty much equals the same cost if you were to buy from eBay or import the figure. I had originally imported a Rosalina in case I couldn't secure one at Target. It was about $30 or so for import and shipping costs. The site I used was nin-nin game.

Ok, I live in a pretty major city and when I was at bestbuy, some dumb employee left his password in the computer and the rss system up. Since I know what to do, I looked up the meta knight info. There will be less metaknight than captain falcons/pit. I guarantee you that. If they don't get any more, friday is basically going to be a horror story. I don't know what the difference is between available and on hand, but it is not looking good for those who did not preorder him.
Is it possible that Meta Knight might join the trinity and become the quadrilogy if this is the case? I still have mine preorder and so far, no new update since I preordered it back in 12/15ish or so...

Rosalina had around 10 plus per store (some stores had 30) and there are more targets than bestbuys. what I saw was something like 10 or less per store and I have no idea how many were preorders.

I can tell you my store so far only has enough of all the new figures to cover preorders. Yes, that includes MetaKnight. I pray we get more, last Friday was horrible enough with resellers yelling at me not having any new amiibos to sell. Sure, they couldn't tell me which they were looking for and just showed me pictures of ebay listings, but they WANTED them NOW. Oh, and if you call a Best Buy and they give you stock numbers, don't believe that's how many they will have available, very few employees know how to navigate the preorder report, and 98% of them that do will not be the ones answering the phones, and the inventory system does not take online preorders out of avaliable stock until the day before release, and it never takes in store preorders out of available stock, it's up to a smart employee to check the preorder report and hold them. Holy hell that's a run on sentence, but I'm not going to fix it.
Can you clone yourself and have the clones work at every Best Buy? You actually seem to know what you're doing, which makes you superior to pretty much every BBY employee, the way they are described here.

I am thinking that Best Buy opens up online sales for Meta Knight like Target did. I know I'm going to keep my eye on the MK page when I get up Friday.

Hope the BB in the town over will have the Meta Knight Friday. Every time I've gone in there it's been dead, just like my Toys R Us. And I was able to get my Mega Man and Sonic there. *Fingers crossed*

As of Wednesday last week, the three BBY around my area one store got (20) MK the other two got (9). I hope they got more shipments in between then and Friday. Snow, rain or shine I am planning to hit BBY 4hrs. prior to opening. I don't fully trust BBY.com on my pre-order because mainly of what I've seen here with the use of bubble mailers. Best of luck to everyone.

As of Wednesday last week, the three BBY around my area one store got (20) MK the other two got (9). I hope they got more shipments in between then and Friday. Snow, rain or shine I am planning to hit BBY 4hrs. prior to opening. I don't fully trust BBY.com on my pre-order because mainly of what I've seen here with the use of bubble mailers. Best of luck to everyone.
Were they putting them on floor or holding them for 5/20. I thought that date was locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back